Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #61
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Saturday, June 22 1996        Volume 01 : Number 061

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Jun 1996 01:13:14 -0700
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Official

John Bollinger wrote:
> 
> Malenkai wrote:
> 
> >Given the verdict of CFJ 186, it seems we are in the thread that
> >distributed CFJ 186, thus invalidating the Con-Con thread. Therefore
> >Ackanomic play can continue under "normal" rules, except for the
> >possibility of CFJ 187's effects hanging out there.
> 
> With CFJ 186 judged true, I note that we will have a real problem should
> CFJ 187 be judged true.  In fact, I think we had better try to speed
> through a reform before the judgement is finalized; otherwise the
> game crashes.

It seems that we are in the thread without the Con-Con, as I have not
seen any arguments or appeals to CFJ 186. I do not know what the "grace
period" is. As for the 2 paradoxes, I suppose the CSRR could make the
changes. As for R666, that was why I was so against a CSRR. What fun
would that be? :-)

> 
> >Therefore all proposals that "were in the queue" should still be there,
> >votes and all, I suppose.

I would like to hear a little more thought on this. I personally believe
the voting results should be released and scored. Any seconds, or thirds,
or opposing points of view?

As Speaker, I am appointing myself Acting Promoter and Acting Scorekeeper.
But please, only for crisis proposals. I have no nomicbot, nor the the
infrastructure to handle the job for real. This is for emmergency
purposes only while Wayne is out. ThinMan did point out a potential
"try to speed through a reform before the judgement is finalized". Thus
it would be a shirk of duty to not appoint an Acting Promoter to prevent
someone from pursuing this line of play. 

This all hinges on agreement that this thread continues with "normal"
gameplay. If CFJ 187 comes back TRUE, and is not appealed, and blah,
blah, blah, this thread matters not.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Jun 1996 00:29:34 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Official

> > >Therefore all proposals that "were in the queue" should still be there,
> > >votes and all, I suppose.
> 
> I would like to hear a little more thought on this. I personally believe
> the voting results should be released and scored. Any seconds, or thirds,
> or opposing points of view?

Second.
Wayne said he could come off vacation and do it if it is decided that he
should, so let's decide for him.  Wayne, send out the results.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Jun 1996 01:24:59 -0700
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 187 (Kelly)

Techno has declined to judge the following. It has been reassigned 
to Kelly Martin, who has 3 days to except or decline the appointment:

Clerk of the Courts
 
Call for Judgement 187
  Subject: Recursive rule
Initiator: De'ghew
1st Judge: Techno (Declined to Judge)
2nd Judge: Kelly Martin (selected 22-Jun-96 01:30h New York Time)

Statement:

Ackanomic play cannot continue.

De'ghew's reasoning:

        Rule 666 must be invoked "Whenever there is a winner declared".
Because a winner has been declared, the procedure outlined in R666 must
have been executed.  The first several steps of R666 read as follows:

a)  Ackanomic play is suspended.
b)  All Chartreuse Goose Eggs and Right-Handed Grapefruit are eliminated.
c)  The winner is declared the winner of the current cycle . . .

        Upon the execution of step c, a winner is declared and R666 must
be invoked.  R666 is therefore recursive.  Ackanomic play has never been
resumed and is therefore still suspended.  Ackanomic gameplay cannot
continue.
        I contend that this constitutes a Win by Paradox.  I win this
cycle.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Jun 1996 01:32:59 -0700
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 188 (Calvin N Hobbes)

Calvin N Hobbes has been selected to judge the following. He has 3 days
to except or decline the appointment:

Clerk of the Courts
 
Call for Judgement 188
  Subject: R666, take two
Initiator: De'ghew
    Judge: Calvin N Hobbes (selected 22-Jun-96 01:30h New York Time)

Statement:

Continued Ackanomic play is both legal and illegal.

De'ghew's Reasoning:

        R666 is executing an infinite number of times every instant.
Because of this, gameplay is both suspended and resumed at every time
after and including the initial invokation of R666.  Thus, player actions
are both legal and illegal.
        This constitutes a Win by Paradox.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Jun 96 2:16:25 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Acka: return from vacation

I hearby return from vacation.  It seems that popular opinion deems that
the proposals should still be in the queue (or actually, already counted and
the results distributed).   So I'm distributing the proposals very shortly.

Wayne

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Jun 96 2:41:33 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Acka: Proposal result 862-869

______________________________________________________________
==============================================================
Here are the voting results for : 861
  Proposal 861 - Thu Jun 06 17:10:46 EDT 1996
  The Dirty Word
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 16 players cast votes

8 YES votes   9 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

snowgod loses 10 points.  0 -> -10

8 YES votes:  3 points each
  Robin Hood                                    0 -> 3            
  De'ghew                Underworld             0 -> 3            
  Bascule                                       0 -> 3            
  snowgod                (None Yet)           -10 -> -7           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)             0 -> 3            
  Techno                 Underworld            -3 -> 0            
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  Wayne                  Underworld             0 -> 3            

9 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                    =   0               
  Dr McSpong                                  =   0               
  Brinjal                                     =   0               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   0               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   0               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   0               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =   0               
  Pascal                                      =   0               

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
______________________________________________________________
==============================================================
Here are the voting results for : 862
  Proposal 862 - Thu Jun 06 17:11:04 EDT 1996
  Amend R588 Selecting A Judge
  Niccolo Flychuck  (Uri Bruck)

Quorum met : 20 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

7 YES votes   9 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Niccolo Flychuck loses 10 points.  0 -> -10

7 YES votes:  3 points each
  Malenkai                                      0 -> 3            
  this is not a name     (None Yet)             3 -> 6            
  /dev/joe               Nobs                   0 -> 3            
  Techno                 Underworld             0 -> 3            
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)             0 -> 3            
  Wayne                  Underworld             3 -> 6            
  Mohammed               Nobs                   0 -> 3            

9 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =   3               
  Dr McSpong                                  =   0               
  Brinjal                                     =   0               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   0               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            = -10               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   3               
  Bascule                                     =   3               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  -7               
  Tammany                                     =   0               

1 PRESENT votes:
  Pascal                                       =   0

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
______________________________________________________________
==============================================================
Here are the voting results for : 863
  Proposal 863 - Thu Jun 06 17:11:44 EDT 1996
  Fat Lady revision
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 16 players cast votes

13 YES votes   5 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

snowgod gains 10 points.  -7 -> 3

13 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =   3               
  Brinjal                                     =   0               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            = -10               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   3               
  Bascule                                     =   3               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   3               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =   6               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =   3               
  Techno                 Underworld           =   3               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   3               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =   6               

5 NO votes:  5 points each
  Malenkai                                      3 -> 8            
  Dr McSpong                                    0 -> 5            
  ThinMan                Nobs                   0 -> 5            
  Mohammed               Nobs                   3 -> 8            
  Pascal                                        0 -> 5            

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
______________________________________________________________
==============================================================
Here are the voting results for : 866
  Proposal 866 - Thu Jun 06 17:14:53 EDT 1996
  No Overshooting
  ThinMan  (John Bollinger)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

11 YES votes   5 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

ThinMan gains 10 points.  5 -> 15

11 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =   3               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  15               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            = -10               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   3               
  Bascule                                     =   3               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   3               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =   6               
  Techno                 Underworld           =   3               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   3               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =   8               

5 NO votes:  5 points each
  Malenkai                                      8 -> 13           
  Dr McSpong                                    5 -> 10           
  /dev/joe               Nobs                   3 -> 8            
  Wayne                  Underworld             6 -> 11           
  Pascal                                        5 -> 10           

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
______________________________________________________________
==============================================================
Here are the voting results for : 867
  Proposal 867 - Thu Jun 06 17:15:15 EDT 1996
  Eggs and Fruit
  ThinMan  (John Bollinger)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

12 YES votes   3 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

ThinMan gains 10 points.  15 -> 25

12 YES votes:  
  Malenkai                                    =  13               
  Robin Hood                                  =   3               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  25               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   3               
  Bascule                                     =   3               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   3               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =   6               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =   8               
  Techno                 Underworld           =   3               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   3               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =   8               

3 NO votes:  5 points each
  Dr McSpong                                   10 -> 15           
  Niccolo Flychuck                            -10 -> -5           
  Wayne                  Underworld            11 -> 16           

1 PRESENT votes:
  Pascal                                       =  10

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
______________________________________________________________
==============================================================
Here are the voting results for : 868
  Proposal 868 - Thu Jun 06 17:15:36 EDT 1996
  Medals
  ThinMan  (John Bollinger)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

15 YES votes   2 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

ThinMan gains 10 points.  25 -> 35

15 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =   3               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  35               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  -5               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   3               
  Bascule                                     =   3               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   3               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =   6               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =   8               
  Techno                 Underworld           =   3               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   3               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  16               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =   8               
  Pascal                                      =  10               

2 NO votes:  5 points each
  Malenkai                                     13 -> 18           
  Dr McSpong                                   15 -> 20           

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
______________________________________________________________
==============================================================
Here are the voting results for : 869
  Proposal 869 - Thu Jun 06 17:16:11 EDT 1996
  Amending 592
  ThinMan  (John Bollinger)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

9 YES votes   4 NO votes   2 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

ThinMan gains 10 points.  35 -> 45

9 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =   3               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  45               
  Bascule                                     =   3               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =   6               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =   8               
  Techno                 Underworld           =   3               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   3               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  16               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =   8               

4 NO votes:  5 points each
  Malenkai                                     18 -> 23           
  Dr McSpong                                   20 -> 25           
  Niccolo Flychuck                             -5 -> 0            
  De'ghew                Underworld             3 -> 8            

2 PRESENT votes:
  snowgod                (None Yet)            =   3
  Pascal                                       =  10

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 

________________________________________________
================================================
And here are the proposals that passed:
________________________________________________
================================================

Proposal 863 - Thu Jun 06 17:11:44 EDT 1996
Fat Lady revision
snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

This proposal will amend R790 by replacing it's entire text with the following:

     This rule creates an Acknomic entity known as the Fat Lady. The
     Fat Lady cannot be owned or controlled except as described in the
     rules.

     The Fat Lady shall sing only if a player wins the game,  or a cycle of
the game,
     in accordance with the rules. The speaker is required to announce
     that the Fat Lady is singing upon a winner being declared, and the
     Fat Lady will not sing until the speaker announces that she is
     doing so.

     Furthermore, the game, or a cycle of the game, cannot be over untill
the Fat Lady sings.

     This rule take precendence over all other rules dealing with
     end-of-game conditions.

[Original text of R790 follows:

Rule 790/1 (Mutable)
Fat Lady
snowgod (Phil Ackley)

     This rule creates an Acknomic entity known as the Fat Lady. The
     Fat Lady cannot be owned or controlled except as described in the
     rules.

     The Fat Lady shall sing only if a player wins the game in
     accordance with the rules. The speaker is required to announce
     that the Fat Lady is singing upon a winner being declared, and the
     Fat Lady will not sing until the speaker announces that she is
     doing so.

     Furthermore, the game cannot be over till the Fat Lady sings.

     This rule take precendence over all other rules dealing with
     end-of-game conditions.

* Created by Proposal 790, May 25 1996
* Renumbered by Rule 794, May 26 1996]

________________________________________________
================================================

Proposal 866 - Thu Jun 06 17:14:53 EDT 1996
No Overshooting
ThinMan  (John Bollinger)

A new rule shall be created with the following text:
- --
If the score of any player becomes greater than the magic number, then the
magic number shall be increased by 16, or to 11 points above the highest
player score, whichever is greater.
- --

________________________________________________
================================================

Proposal 867 - Thu Jun 06 17:15:15 EDT 1996
Eggs and Fruit
ThinMan  (John Bollinger)

A new rule shall be created with the following text:
- --
A Chartruese Goose Egg is an Ackanomic Entity.  Any number may exist at any
time.  A player who owns a Chartruese Goose Egg may reduce his own score to
zero at any time by informing the Scorekeeper that he is doing so, provided
that his score is greater than zero.  Chartruese Goose Eggs have no other
power.

A Right-Handed Grapefruit is an Ackanomic Entity.  Only one may exist at
any time.  A player who owns a Right-Handed Grapefruit may at any time
make Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice.  Right-Handed Grapefruits have no other
power.  Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice has only those powers granted it by
the Rules.

(a) Chartruese Goose Eggs, Right-Handed Grapefruits, and Right-Handed
    Grapefruit Juice may only be created, destroyed, or manipulated as
    the Rules specify.

(b) If entities have Power attributes, then Chartruese Goose Eggs,
    Right-Handed Grapefruits, and Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice shall
    each have power 0.6666, and the sentences labelled (a) and (b) shall
    be deleted from this rule.
- --

________________________________________________
================================================

Proposal 868 - Thu Jun 06 17:15:36 EDT 1996
Medals
ThinMan  (John Bollinger)

Rule 549 shall be ammended to read, in whole:
- --
Blue Crosses, Silver Stripes, and Gold Stripes are Ackanomic entities.
Any number of each may exist at any time.  They have only those powers
specified by the Rules.

Blue Crosses and Silver Stripes are awarded by the President, the Proconsul,
or a Senator.  Each time one is to be awarded, it is created for the occasion
by the Frobozz Magic Medal Company, Ackanomic Division.

If at any time a player has four or more Silver Stripes, then four of them
fuse together to form a single Gold Stripe.  Once they fuse, the Silver
Stripes cannot be reconstituted by any means.

Once 20 or more proposals submitted by any particular player have been
adopted, that player shall be awarded a Blue Cross as recognition of merit
and services to Ackanomic.

For each 10 additional proposals submitted by a Blue Cross owner and
subsequently adopted by AckaNomic, that Blue Cross owner shall be awarded a
Silver Stripe.

If an elected Senator does not have a Blue Cross at the end of his last
consecutive term of office, then he shall be awarded one; otherwise he shall
be awarded one Silver Stripe.

If the President does not have a Blue Cross at the end of his last consecutive
term of office, then he shall be awarded one; otherwise he shall be awarded
one Silver Stripe.

A player with at least one Gold Stripe shall have the title "Officer of the
Blue Cross."  A player with four Gold Stripes shall have the title
"Commander of the Blue Cross".  A Commander of the Blue Cross shall not
earn any additional Gold Stripes or Silver Stripes, the other provisions of
this rule notwithstanding.

Blue Crosses, Silver Stripes, and Gold Stripes shall only be created and
destroyed as specified by the Rules.  They may only be owned by players, and
may not be obtained except as specified by the Rules.  Ownership of Blue
Crosses, Silver Stripes, and Gold Stripes may not be transferred between
players.
- --

________________________________________________
================================================

Proposal 869 - Thu Jun 06 17:16:11 EDT 1996
Amending 592
ThinMan  (John Bollinger)

Rule 592 shall be ammended by replacing the phrase "in accordance with" with
"as specified by".

________________________________________________
================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Jun 96 3:02:42 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Acka: Results 870-879

________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 870
  Proposal 870 - Fri Jun 07 11:23:19 EDT 1996
  Self Deleting Text
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

15 YES votes   1 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 10 points.  23 -> 33

15 YES votes:  
  Malenkai                                    =  33               
  Robin Hood                                  =   3               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   8               
  Bascule                                     =   3               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   3               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =   6               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =   8               
  Techno                 Underworld           =   3               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   3               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  16               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =   8               

1 NO votes:  5 points each
  Dr McSpong                                   25 -> 30           

1 PRESENT votes:
  Pascal                                       =  10

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 

________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 873
  Proposal 873 - Fri Jun 07 14:27:10 EDT 1996
  Isn't he cute?
  Bascule  (Matt Black)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

5 YES votes   9 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Bascule loses 10 points.  3 -> -7

5 YES votes:  3 points each
  Robin Hood                                    3 -> 6            
  Bascule                                      -7 -> -4           
  snowgod                (None Yet)             3 -> 6            
  this is not a name     (None Yet)             6 -> 9            
  Techno                 Underworld             3 -> 6            

9 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                    =  33               
  Dr McSpong                                  =  30               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   8               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =   8               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   3               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  16               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =   8               

1 PRESENT votes:
  Pascal                                       =  10

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 874
  Proposal 874 - Fri Jun 07 14:27:29 EDT 1996
  getting rid of 'poltiical offices, starting list'
  /dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Quorum met : 21 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

12 YES votes   7 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

/dev/joe loses 10 points.  8 -> -2

12 YES votes:  3 points each
  ThinMan                Nobs                  45 -> 48           
  Niccolo Flychuck                              0 -> 3            
  De'ghew                Underworld             8 -> 11           
  Bascule                                      -4 -> -1           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)             9 -> 12           
  /dev/joe               Nobs                  -2 -> 1            
  Techno                 Underworld             6 -> 9            
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)             3 -> 6            
  Wayne                  Underworld            16 -> 19           
  Mohammed               Nobs                   8 -> 11           
  Pascal                                       10 -> 13           

7 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                    =  33               
  Robin Hood                                  =   6               
  Dr McSpong                                  =  30               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   6               
  Extra Vote Malenkai                         =   0               
  Tammany                                     =   0               
  Extra Vote snowgod                          =   0               

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 875
  Proposal 875 - Sat Jun 08 00:40:15 EDT 1996
  By reference, not by value
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

9 YES votes   4 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 10 points.  33 -> 43

9 YES votes:  
  Malenkai                                    =  43               
  Robin Hood                                  =   6               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  48               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   6               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =   1               
  Techno                 Underworld           =   9               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  19               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =  11               
  Pascal                                      =  13               

4 NO votes:  5 points each
  Dr McSpong                                   30 -> 35           
  De'ghew                Underworld            11 -> 16           
  Bascule                                      -1 -> 4            
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            12 -> 17           

1 PRESENT votes:
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            =   6

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 876
  Proposal 876 - Sat Jun 08 00:42:56 EDT 1996
  This Prop Is A Power-Up!
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

1 YES votes   15 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.  0 -> -10

1 YES votes:  3 points each
  Malenkai                                     43 -> 46           

15 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =   6               
  Dr McSpong                                  =  35               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  48               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   3               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  16               
  Bascule                                     =   4               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   6               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  17               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =   1               
  Techno                 Underworld           =   9               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   6               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  19               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =  11               

1 PRESENT votes:
  Pascal                                       =  13

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 877
  Proposal 877 - Sat Jun 08 00:42:56 EDT 1996
  Title: Clans
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 16 players cast votes

8 YES votes   9 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.  -10 -> -20

8 YES votes:  3 points each
  Malenkai                                     46 -> 49           
  Robin Hood                                    6 -> 9            
  De'ghew                Underworld            16 -> 19           
  Bascule                                       4 -> 7            
  Techno                 Underworld             9 -> 12           
  Tammany                                     =   0               
  Mohammed               Nobs                  11 -> 14           
  Pascal                                       13 -> 16           

9 NO votes:  
  Dr McSpong                                  =  35               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  48               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   3               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   6               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  17               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =   1               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   6               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  19               

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 878
  Proposal 878 - Sat Jun 08 00:42:56 EDT 1996
  Clans Are Blood-Friends
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

5 YES votes   11 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.  -20 -> -30

5 YES votes:  3 points each
  Malenkai                                     49 -> 52           
  Robin Hood                                    9 -> 12           
  Techno                 Underworld            12 -> 15           
  Mohammed               Nobs                  14 -> 17           
  Pascal                                       16 -> 19           

11 NO votes:  
  Dr McSpong                                  =  35               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  48               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   3               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  19               
  Bascule                                     =   7               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   6               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  17               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =   1               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   6               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  19               

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 879
  Proposal 879 - Sat Jun 08 00:42:56 EDT 1996
  Everything's Up For Sale.
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

4 YES votes   13 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.  -30 -> -40

4 YES votes:  3 points each
  Robin Hood                                   12 -> 15           
  ThinMan                Nobs                  48 -> 51           
  Mohammed               Nobs                  17 -> 20           
  Pascal                                       19 -> 22           

13 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                    =  52               
  Dr McSpong                                  =  35               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   3               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  19               
  Bascule                                     =   7               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   6               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  17               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =   1               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  15               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   6               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  19               

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 

________________________________________________
================================================
And the proposals that passed:
________________________________________________
================================================

Proposal 870 - Fri Jun 07 11:23:19 EDT 1996
Self Deleting Text
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

R663, "Resolutions" is hereby repealed. [[quoted later]]

- ---------------------------------------------------------

A new rule shall be created, reading:

Any rule text in double curly braces {{eg, this}}, shall be applied
exactly once, then shall be deleted from the rule. If such a deletion
should leave the rule entirely void of text, excluding the title, header,
whitespace, and other furniture, the entire rule is deleted as well.

If a rule contains 2 or more sections of text in double curly braces,
these sections shall be applied sequentially in the order that they
appear in the rule, not simultaneously.

The term "Resolution", as used elsewhere in the rules, shall come to
mean any rule whose entire text is bracketed in double curly braces.
This superceeds all mutable rules which define the term Resolution.
 
Any text anywhere in this rule in double curly braces is explicitly
excluded from the effects of this rule.

[Thus the following are semantically equivalent in rule text:

{{Robert Sevin shall be declared the winner of cycle one, the game cycle
  number shall be set to one, and the full process described above shall
  be conducted.}}

      Paragraph B:
        This is the first sentence of Paragraph B, which includes the header
      "Paragraph B:" just before this sentence.  Upon passage of this Rule,
      Robert Sevin shall be declared the winner of cycle one, the game cycle
      number shall be set to one, and the full process described above shall
      be conducted.  Then, Paragraph B, which ends with this sentence, shall
      be stricken from this Rule.

Also, an entire rule in double curly braces is semantically equivalent to
what was accomplished by R663.]

- ---------------------------------------------------------

[[
Rule 663/1 (Mutable)
Resolutions
The Governor (Dan Marsh)

      A player may declare that a proposal is a resolution. A resolution may 
not change, add, or delete
      any rules. If a resolution is adopted, the effect described in the 
resolution shall occur, and the
      resolution shall not be added to the rule set. 
]]

________________________________________________
================================================

Proposal 875 - Sat Jun 08 00:40:15 EDT 1996
By reference, not by value
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

R 678, "Quoting rules to repeal", is hereby repealed.

[[

My reasoning is:

1) Rules can change while a proposal is in the queue to repeal it. (eg,
on my previous proposal, "Self Deleting Text", which repeals "Resolutions").
Quoting the rule text, then, in that proposal, can lead to a
misrepresentation of what the rule being repealed, actually says, if this
happens. In other words, I'd rather refer to rules by reference instead
of by value.

2) We have a Web-Harfer again, so this need has diminished.

3) Most of us know the rules by title (reference).

4) It saves the Dirty Word.  

- ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rule 678/1 (Mutable)
Quoting rules to Repeal
snowgod (Phil Ackley)

      Any proposal to repeal another rule is required to contain the text of 
the rule it repeals. 

]]

________________________________________________
================================================

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #61
******************************