Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #58
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Thursday, June 20 1996        Volume 01 : Number 058

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 96 1:19:19 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Acka: Delegates... results

The winners are /dev/joe and this is not a name.

4 votes for /dev/joe  - /dev/joe, ThinMan, Nicolo FlyChuck, Mohammed
3 votes for this is not a name - this is not a name, snowgod, Bascule
2 votes for Calvin N Hobbes - Calvin N Hobbes, Malenkai
1 vote for Phoebe - Dr McSpong

After seeing the votes, I was going to vote for CnH to create a tie
and throw things into greater confusion.  But my sanity came back to
me and I declined to vote.

After the paradox win I thought I was off the hook on recalculating the
score, since all scores would be reset to zero.  But now I realize that
the scores are important, because they affect the A$.  So I will get
them published tonight.

Also, I am going on vacation as of right now.  I will probably return
from vacation as soon as all of this straightens out.

Wayne

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 10:21:22 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: We want B5 in Acka!

On Tue, 18 Jun 1996, T Joffrain wrote:

> >PLEASE
> >do not post any Babylon 5   3rd season spoilers.
> >We'll only get the 3rd season after it's over in the US
> 
> I would never do that...   > : }
> Not _really_.    : )
> 
> Don't worry, I hate it when people post spoilers, so now that I've been
> warned it won't happen. The Uk are going to get the last episodes of this
> season before the US. (sigh)
> 
> Isn't B5 good though? I mean, doesn't it just surprise you at every turn?
> I'm talking about it with lost of friends on email who are also fans. It's
> so good I once considered writing a proposal that would have had our
> ambassador send a message of thanks every week to JMS. Want to get that
> passed?    ; )

Certainly is. 
It's good writing, lots of work on the on-going story. Lots of attention
to detail. I also like to spot the sources/influences for the various
elements 
> 
> So what episodes are you up to?
> 
>
We've had all the way up to the end of Season 2 back in February.
Since they can't start on season 3 until it's over stateside, they're
rerunning
the first two, on a daily basis. I don't watch all of them a second time,
I have a friend with a large collection of B5 tapes (in addition to his
colection of favorite st:tng episodes)

Just waiting for the third season to start.

As Ambassador, wouldn't it be more appropriate to ask for some sort of
official status on B5. A Seat, an office, some intrigue...

Nicolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 01:10:54 -0800
From: [email-masked] (Phil Ackley)
Subject: Re: Acka: We want B5 in Acka!

>As Ambassador, wouldn't it be more appropriate to ask for some sort of
>official status on B5. A Seat, an office, some intrigue...

Oh, sure... Put me in a "Coke is it!" type of situation.  Sure, see i care.
And where is that Coke is it money, anyhow, Mr. Financer? :)  Actually,
I've never watched B5 (my scheduale precludes watching much TV), but if you
guys pass a rule, I suppose I'll have to do it.  Maybe I'll even do a lttle
research, and catch an episode or two.

snowgod
Ambassador

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 12:20:13 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: We want B5 in Acka!

On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, Phil Ackley wrote:

> 
> >As Ambassador, wouldn't it be more appropriate to ask for some sort of
> >official status on B5. A Seat, an office, some intrigue...
> 
> Oh, sure... Put me in a "Coke is it!" type of situation.  Sure, see i care.
> And where is that Coke is it money, anyhow, Mr. Financer? :)  Actually,
> I've never watched B5 (my scheduale precludes watching much TV), but if you
> guys pass a rule, I suppose I'll have to do it.  Maybe I'll even do a lttle
> research, and catch an episode or two.
> 
> snowgod
> Ambassador

I'm not suggesting there should be any unilateral recognition of B5 by
Ackanomia. 
If we do contact JMS, and Harlan Ellison, our Ackanomic personas might end
up as 'passing-through' characters somewhere mid-4th season .

;)	;)	;)

Nicolo Flychuck

ps 
how about for a fun, non-destructive element?

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 08:25:25 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mohammed <[email-masked]>
Subject: Ackanomic: Inventor

> The state of the game is currently being dictated by R829, which suspends
> only distribution of proposals and CFJs.
	Well, in that case, the Scroll of Crumble I started on Saturday 
is now finished.  It's open for auction as of this message.
	As before, you can send your bids to me privately.  In response, 
I'll acknowledge your bid and tell you the value of the current highest bid.

Blueprint:  Scroll of Crumble
=====
The owner of a Scroll of Crumble may Read it by announcing its text (which
the player may make up) publicly.  Upon doing so that player must indicate
some existing gadget.  That gadget is then destroyed.  If the gadget was
indestructible, three points are deducted from the score of the Scroll of
Crumble's owner.  Lastly, if the Scroll of Crumble still exists, it is
destroyed, too.
=====

- --Mohammed

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 09:00:34 -0500
From: [email-masked] (Jason Reed)
Subject: Re: Ackanomic Digest V1 #57 

>snowgod wrote:
>>Perhaps we should invent some new tradations of our own, hmm?  Possibly
>>invent something new and exiting, instead of ripping something off from
>>another nomic, or a real government?  Nah.
>
>Although I am all for originality, I am somewhat concerned by certain
>players' apparently strong aversion to anything at all adapted from another
>source.  If an idea is good then what difference does it make whether
>it is based on real life, or on another Nomic?  If we insist on using
>only "original" ideas (to whatever extent those exist), then we arbitrarily
>cut ourselves off from many potentially useful, pre-owned ideas.
>
>I much prefer to establish the best rules possible (in my subjective opinion)
>than to establish poorer rules just for the sake of originality.
>
>
>ThinMan

Very true. I notice someone mentioning having rules self-repeal at the end
of a cycle to prevent them from sitting around too long and confusing the
players....

While I'm absolutely sure Acka did not take this from Fascist 14, the latter
game had the same mechanism a while ago, and in the same way, I'm sure noone
had even heard of Acka (save myself as TIE, perhaps. I forget if I had found
it yet...) in Fascistland at the time.

Good ideas are usually found in more than one nomic simply because they _are
good ideas_. Bad ideas which are original should not be implemented simply
because they are original, nor bad pre-existing ideas be borrowed simply
'cos somone else did it. Good original ideas should be used, as well as some
elements that have been proven to work well in other games (so long as they
will also likely work in Acka...) But I s'pose that all goes without saying.
*shrug*

- ---Pascal

- ----------------------------------------------------------
$_=$a='$_=$a=\'f\';s/([\\\\\'])/\\\\\\1/g;$a=~s/f/$_/;print
$a';s/([\\'])/\\\1/g;$a=~s/f/$_/;print $a
- ----------------------------------------------------------
(A self-printing perl script, if you happen to care. If,
however, you don't care, that's still what it is...)

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 09:30:07 -0500
From: Kelly Martin <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: Ackanomic Digest V1 #57 

"Jason" == Jason Reed <[email-masked]> writes:

Jason> While I'm absolutely sure Acka did not take this from Fascist
Jason> 14, the latter game had the same mechanism a while ago, and in
Jason> the same way, I'm sure noone had even heard of Acka (save
Jason> myself as TIE, perhaps. I forget if I had found it yet...) in
Jason> Fascistland at the time.

not to mention that rules that repeal themselves at the end of a
game/cycle have been in place on Thring for quite some time.  i doubt
there's any connection there, either.

Jason> But I s'pose that all goes without saying.

so many things that "go without saying" nonetheless need to be said.

k.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 09:31:08 -0500
From: Kelly Martin <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: Acka: Can't we all just get along? :) 

"Malenkai" == Malenkai  <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Proposal 805 - Sat May 25 01:30:56 EDT 1996 Kindler, Gentler World
>> Malenkai (Randy Hall) Decision: Defeated

Malenkai> Its not a rule. In fact, its not even "game custom". :)

how can you be sure it's not "game custom"?

k.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 09:31:57 -0500
From: Kelly Martin <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: Acka: Hm 

"T" == T Joffrain <[email-masked]> writes:

>> those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

T> I can't help it... got to ask... Kelly, do you watch Babylon 5?

no, i don't.  the "doomed to repeat" quote goes back far before B5,
however. :)

k.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 17:35:24 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Hm 

On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, Kelly Martin wrote:

> "T" == T Joffrain <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >> those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
> 
> T> I can't help it... got to ask... Kelly, do you watch Babylon 5?
> 
> no, i don't.  the "doomed to repeat" quote goes back far before B5,
> however. :)
> 
> k.
> 
Guess we are doomed to reapet the quotes as well 

Nicolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 13:05:57 -0500
From: Kelly Martin <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: Acka: Hm 

"John" == John Bollinger <[email-masked]> writes:

John> Although I am all for originality, I am somewhat concerned by
John> certain players' apparently strong aversion to anything at all
John> adapted from another source.  If an idea is good then what
John> difference does it make whether it is based on real life, or on
John> another Nomic?  If we insist on using only "original" ideas (to
John> whatever extent those exist), then we arbitrarily cut ourselves
John> off from many potentially useful, pre-owned ideas.

also keep in mind that the initial rules of this Nomic are not
particularily original; they're pretty close to Suber's original
form.  should we discard them altogether as a result?

John> I much prefer to establish the best rules possible (in my
John> subjective opinion) than to establish poorer rules just for the
John> sake of originality.

quite.

k.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 17:56:17 -0700
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic Digest V1 #57 

Kelly Martin wrote:
> 
> 
> not to mention that rules that repeal themselves at the end of a
> game/cycle have been in place on Thring for quite some time.  i doubt
> there's any connection there, either.
> 

While this might be good for the other Nomics in question, my opinion
is that our cycles are far to short for this to be fun. Of course, I
haven't played in the other Nomics in question...

Why not ignore the rules you don't like? Someone else may find something
interesting or fun to do with them.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 01:14:12 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic Digest V1 #57 

On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, Malenkai wrote:

> Kelly Martin wrote:
> > 
> > 
> > not to mention that rules that repeal themselves at the end of a
> > game/cycle have been in place on Thring for quite some time.  i doubt
> > there's any connection there, either.
> > 
> 
> While this might be good for the otherNomics in question, my opinion
> is that our cycles are far to short for this to be fun. Of course, I
> haven't played in the other Nomics in question...
> 
> Why not ignore the rules you don't like? Someone else may find something
> interesting or fun to do with them.
> 
> Malenkai
>
I believe I was the one who brought this up in the present context.
First, I was not aware that this was being practiced on other nomics. 
It is simply a variation on rules that exist for some time and then repeal
themselves. I have in fact described two possible mechanisms for this. I
don't know whether the other one exists on other nomics, and whether it
does is quite besides the poit. The point is, as Malenkai pointed out,
what is good for our nomic. Our cycels are too short, I agree, however,
this need not necessarily remain so.  I think there was a proposal on the
queue that would remedy this situation. 
There is no reason for it not to be re-proposed, when we begin submitting
proposals again.
Nicolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 17:17:29 -0500
From: Kelly Martin <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: Ackanomic Digest V1 #57 

"Malenkai" == Malenkai  <[email-masked]> writes:

Malenkai> While this might be good for the other Nomics in question,
Malenkai> my opinion is that our cycles are far to short for this to
Malenkai> be fun. Of course, I haven't played in the other Nomics in
Malenkai> question...

oh, i personally don't much care for the idea of Rules that
auto-repeal at the end of the current game.  it was just an example.

Malenkai> Why not ignore the rules you don't like? 

i think that would be in violation of Rule 101.

k.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 18:28:15 -0700
From: Clerk of the Courts <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 186 (De'ghew)

The Clerk of the Courts has recieved a CFJ challenging the effects
of R 829. One of those effects so challenged is the ability for the Clerk
to distribute CFJs.

	To not distribute the CFJ, because of 829, would be to judge it
FALSE already. To distribute it would be to judge it TRUE already.

	The Clerk may not presume any verdict, therfore the Clerk shall
distribute it and not distribute it, creating the superposition of 2
states of the game (or the superposition of two games).

	If the game it was distributed in judges it FALSE, that game
shall invalidate itself, and thus we will be playing the game it
was never distributed in.

        If the game it was distributed in judges it TRUE, that game
shall validate itself, and thus we will be playing the game we distributed
it in, and the game it was never distributed in will be invalidated.

        Thus, if the Web-Harfer posts the CFJ in the Web-Page for the
game, when all is said and done, it will have had a verdict of TRUE,
for it would have never have been distributed in the game where it was
judged FALSE.

Clerk of the Courts

- --------------------------------------------------------------------

De'ghew has been selected to judge the following. He has 3 days
to except or decline the appointment:
 
Call for Judgement 186
  Subject: Bifurcation
Initiator: mr cwm
    Judge: De'ghew (selected 19-Jun-96 1830h New York Time)

Statement:

R829 has no effect.

mr cwm's Argument:

R666 provides for a certain procedure to be carried out upon a winner
being declared.  R829 states that some cases another procedure shall be
carried out first, but does not claim precedence.  (I believe "before"
means "prior in time.")  There is, then, a conflict.  Either R666's
procedure or R829's procedure can be carried out upon a win by paradox
being declared, but not both.  (R829 seems to imply that's R666's
procedure should be carried out after R829's, but then R666's wouldn't be
carried out upon the win being declared, but upon R829's procedure
finishing.)  With this conflict, and no claim of precedence, R666 prevails
by R210, and R829 can have no effect (it can't do what it says, and we
can't just make up things for it to do).

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 18:42:41 -0700
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic Digest V1 #57 

Kelly Martin wrote:

> Malenkai> Why not ignore the rules you don't like?
> 
> i think that would be in violation of Rule 101.
> 

I meant "optional" rules, like Political Parties. Ie, don't
instantiate or participate in the structures defined by them.
Of course you must *recognize* them if someone else does ...

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 18:54:46 -0700
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Inventor

> Blueprint:  Scroll of Crumble

I shall bid A$5 for the Scroll. I can afford it.

Malenkai
Un-salaried Justice

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 18:07:13 -0500
From: T Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Hm  

>T> I can't help it... got to ask... Kelly, do you watch Babylon 5?
>
>no, i don't.  the "doomed to repeat" quote goes back far before B5,
>however. :)

Indeed. That's why it was such a classic cool thing (tm) to hear it in that
situation. Well, if you don't watch it... Back to the normal show: Acka!

PS. I agree that we should ask B5 to give a seat on the council for Acka.
We'd be safe from shadows, since cyberspace is the place where none ever
fall.   ; )

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 18:17:15 -0500
From: T Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Delegates... results 

Wayne

>4 votes for /dev/joe  - /dev/joe, ThinMan, Nicolo FlyChuck, Mohammed
>3 votes for this is not a name - this is not a name, snowgod, Bascule
>2 votes for Calvin N Hobbes - Calvin N Hobbes, Malenkai
>1 vote for Phoebe - Dr McSpong
>
>After seeing the votes, I was going to vote for CnH to create a tie
>and throw things into greater confusion.  But my sanity came back to
>me and I declined to vote.

You mean Phoebe? If I had three votes, it wouldn't matter, since it's the
top three candidates. I think I checked the rules on that once upon a time.
(in a galaxy far, far away)

Now if Phoebe had gotten two as well and it had been a tie, well, I would
have bowed out before such superior wisdom, of course.

CnH

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 18:31:06 -0500
From: T Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Delegates... results 

>You mean Phoebe? If I had three votes, it wouldn't matter, since it's the
>top three candidates. I think I checked the rules on that once upon a time.
>(in a galaxy far, far away)

Find 'paradox'... find 'paradox'... find... Oh!
Ok, that was R829, not R219, gotcha.
Phew.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 20 Jun 96 00:02:40 -0400
From: this is not a name <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Forlorn Late-Night Stroll

So I was walking through the town square of Ackanomia peacefully late at 
night, trying to think of a way to settle the current, seemingly 
intractable dispute, and I saw a matchbox lying by the side of the path. 
It glittered, and it gleamed, but it turned out to have nothing but a 
cheap ad for mail-order stamps on the inside. It reminded me that I 
sorely miss the revelations of Ackanomia's resident Steel Flea.

But passing by the Library (which is due for a thorough renovation if the 
Historian ever stops neglecting his duties) I came across a strange pink 
substance sticking to the side of a tree. I looked more closely and 
discovered, lo and behold, a gumball.

So I brought it home, waiting anxiously for the third Thursday of this 
month. And now that that has come about, I proudly bite into the gumball.

this is not a name
[email-masked]
Historian
File Clerk
Priest, Church of the Markovian Dream
Party Hall Swinger for (None Yet)
Delegate to the Constitutional Convention

p.s. Dr McSpong, could you dry off the gumball after chewing it? Thanks.

- --
        Mike Epstein     [email-masked]     Long Island, NY
    Computers unite! You have nothing to lose but your operators.
http://www.nyiq.net/~epstein/          Finger for PGP 2.6.2 public key

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 23:05:58 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Forlorn Late-Night Stroll

> But passing by the Library (which is due for a thorough renovation if the 
> Historian ever stops neglecting his duties) I came across a strange pink 
> substance sticking to the side of a tree. I looked more closely and 
> discovered, lo and behold, a gumball.
> 
> So I brought it home, waiting anxiously for the third Thursday of this 
> month. And now that that has come about, I proudly bite into the gumball.

Hey, it isn't Thursday yet here!

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 00:06:33 -0700
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Forlorn Late-Night Stroll

Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:
> 
> > But passing by the Library (which is due for a thorough renovation if the
> > Historian ever stops neglecting his duties) I came across a strange pink
> > substance sticking to the side of a tree. I looked more closely and
> > discovered, lo and behold, a gumball.
> >
> > So I brought it home, waiting anxiously for the third Thursday of this
> > month. And now that that has come about, I proudly bite into the gumball.
> 
> Hey, it isn't Thursday yet here!

Damn!! I was gonna do the same thing!

Which thread are you doing it in?

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 20 Jun 96 00:14:34 -0400
From: this is not a name <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Forlorn Late-Night Stroll

/dev/joe wrote:
>Hey, it isn't Thursday yet here!

It is here. The game doesn't run on Central time just because the mail 
server is in Texas! :)

To quote from my message's headers:
>Date: Thu, 20 Jun 96 00:02:40 -0400

this is not a name
[email-masked]
Historian
File Clerk
Priest, Church of the Markovian Dream
Party Hall Swinger for (None Yet)
Delegate to the Constitutional Convention

- --
        Mike Epstein     [email-masked]     Long Island, NY
"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and
 child."                               --Dan Quayle
http://www.nyiq.net/~epstein/          Finger for PGP 2.6.2 public key

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 20 Jun 96 0:14:26 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Re: Acka: Delegates... results

>4 votes for /dev/joe  - /dev/joe, ThinMan, Nicolo FlyChuck, Mohammed
>3 votes for this is not a name - this is not a name, snowgod, Bascule
>2 votes for Calvin N Hobbes - Calvin N Hobbes, Malenkai
>1 vote for Phoebe - Dr McSpong
>
>After seeing the votes, I was going to vote for CnH to create a tie
>and throw things into greater confusion.  But my sanity came back to
>me and I declined to vote.

]You mean Phoebe? If I had three votes, it wouldn't matter, since it's the
]top three candidates. I think I checked the rules on that once upon a time.
](in a galaxy far, far away)
]
]Now if Phoebe had gotten two as well and it had been a tie, well, I would
]have bowed out before such superior wisdom, of course.

]CnH

Normally the top three would be selected, but I believe that under the
conditions of the paradox-end-of-game, the top two are selected along
with the player who called the CFJ on the paradox.  Someone may wish
to check this.

In fact, there may be replies already in my mailbox that confirm or
deny this.  Let me finish reading my mail.

Wayne

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 20 Jun 96 00:20:34 -0400
From: this is not a name <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Forlorn Late-Night Stroll

>Damn!! I was gonna do the same thing!
>
>Which thread are you doing it in?
>
>Malenkai

Both. I'm pandimensional. :)

this is not a name
[email-masked]
Historian
File Clerk
Priest, Church of the Markovian Dream
Party Hall Swinger for (None Yet)
Delegate to the Constitutional Convention

- --
        Mike Epstein     [email-masked]     Long Island, NY
"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended
 from man."                            --H.L. Mencken
http://www.nyiq.net/~epstein/          Finger for PGP 2.6.2 public key

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 00:22:38 -0700
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Con-con recommendations

Recommendations of the delegates to the Constitutional Convention

By R 629, section (e) (3) (v), the delegates recommend the amendment
of 2 mutable rules:

- ---------------------------------------------------------

R 545 is amended to replace the sentence reading:

"This rule expilcitly does not apply to this rule."

With

"The above parts of this rule do not apply to this rule."

- ----------------------------------------------------------

R 664 is amended to replace the sentence reading:

"This rule does not apply to this rule."

With

"The above parts of this rule do not apply to this rule."

- ----------------------------------------------------------

The delegates recommend no other changes. The delegates are
in unanimous agreement on all the recommendations of this
Constitutional Convention

/dev/joe, Delegate
Malenkai, Delegate
this is not a name, Delegate

- ----------------------------------------------------------

Note that in the game superposition that is holding the CC,
the Tabulator is on vacation, and Mohammed is the Speaker.
The CC recommends that Mohammed appoint an Acting Tabulator
to handle the tallying of the votes for the recommendation
of the Constitutional Convention ASAP.

Note that 7/8 or more of the votes, exclusive of PRESENT,
must be YES to accept these recommendations.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 00:46:30 -0700
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Ackanomic: Multi-threaded

In the thread in which CFJ 186 was distributed, I am the Speaker.
In the other thread, Mohammed is the Speaker, and a Con-Con is just
wrapping up.

If CFJ 186 is outstanding as of Monday, we both must pick a bearer
of the Magic Potato in our threads.

Any volunteers for the job of Acting Scorekeeper? :)

Of course, it only matters in the thread where proposals may be in the 
queue do to R 829's possible invalidation. Any volunteers for the job of
Acting Tabulator and Promoter?

:)

Malenkai
Multi-threaded Clerk of the Courts
Good time for single threaded vacation (only kidding)

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #58
******************************