Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #23
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Saturday, June 1 1996        Volume 01 : Number 023

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 1996 01:49:54 -0500
From: T Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Official 

Nomicians

12 new props for you. Have fun sorting through them, I know you guys were bored.

Oh, and I hope the pps thank me for "Political Parties RULE!"
I've put it in the middle, along with some harmless stuff so that those
people who want to vote no for everything but can't because of the eight nay
max still have some manoeuvering room.

Anyway, have fun. I'll read all your comments, but probably won't reply (not
much time) or retract them (I like loosing points). However, feel free to
publish better versions anytime.

Calvin N Hobbes
Ex-Financier
Blue Ribbon hopeful

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 10:57:53 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 835

Proposal 835 - Sat Jun 01 10:57:53 EDT 1996
Land Ho!
SnafuMoose  (Stephen Roberts)

a: Let there be a miscellaneous entity known as Land. The basic
unit of land is known as the Acre.

b: This rule creates 10000 Acres of Land on Ackanomia Prime.

c: Land can never be created or destroyed by any rule, section
or rule, invention, judgement, or any other method or custom. 

c.1: At no time can there ever be more or less than 10000 Acres
of Land.

d: Land not controlled by anyone is considered part of the
Common Land pool and is controlled by the Senate.

d.1: if there is no entity known as the Senate, then the Common
Land pool shall be controlled by the Speaker.

d.2: Land must be controlled by someone or something. Land can
never be uncontrolled or unowned.

e: Land can be traded, given away, sold or otherwise
transferred between players and other Ackanomic entities. Its
value is determined by the players/entities doing the trading.
Land trading is regulated by other rules. All Land transactions
must be carried out in accordance to those rules.

e.1: In the absence of other rules concerning the trading and
acquisition of land, all such trades must be publically
announced and take effect immediately upon announcement. [This
section shall automatically be erased when there exists
specific rules concerning trading and acquisition of land].

f: Until such a time as an entity is created specifically for
the purpose, the scorekeeper shall keep track of all land
transactions as well as the total amount of Land that each
player controls. [This section shall automatically be erased
when the above mentioned entity comes into existence] [[This is
included merely as a starting point until we create the
proposal for the Realtor]]

g: At the moment that this proposal is ratified, 70% of the
land (rounded down) shall be divided up between all the active
players such that all receive equal amounts of land in
increments of one Acre. 

g.1: Land not assigned to a player goes to the Common Land
pool.

h: Players brought into the game after the passage of this
proposal do not automatically receive land and instead must
acquire it by transactions as governed elsewhere.

i: If a player leaves the game eir land automatically goes to
the common land. If e later returns, e does not get eir
previously held land back unless there are other rules that
would grant em eir land back.

- ---
[[
Comments:
...Once Land gets established, its value should increase, since
there is so little of it. A later proposal should create a
Realtor to track land ownership.

...I also want to create some way of players generating some
kind of income from land and correspondingly some way for the
Senate to tax it... This also requires stability in A$, meaning
that A$ shouldn't just be arbitrarily created/destroyed as they
are now.

...I also purposefully left the limitation on creating new land
in. If we want to expand and create more land later, we will
have to change this rule, but that is a good thing in that it
will force us to make sure we want to do it! (no land inflation
allowed)
]]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 10:58:16 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 836

Proposal 836 - Sat Jun 01 10:58:16 EDT 1996
Preserve Delightful Idiosyncrasies
this is not a name  (Mike Epstein)

Repeal rule 692.

[[

Rule 692/1 (Mutable)
Hungry, silly, and poisonous
Malenkai (Randy Hall)

 Should the Gnome Buddy ever come to hold the Magic Potato, the Voting
 Gnome will immediately become uncontrollably hungry and eat the Magic
 Potato, thereby destroying it and removing it from the game. 

 [As Magic Potatoes are poisonous to Gnomes,] this action by the Voting
 Gnome will immediately kill it, thereby removing the Voting Gnome from 
the
 game as well. 

 If, however, the Voting Gnome had legally chewed a Gumball on the
 thursday before the day the Gnome Buddy received the Magic Potato, the
 hunger described above will not have occurred, its effects will not have
 occurred, and will not occur as long as the Gnome Buddy continiously 
holds
 the Magic Potato. 

Created by Proposal 692, May 10 1996
Renumbered by Rule 794, May 26 1996

]]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 11:16:22 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 837

Proposal 837 - Sat Jun 01 11:16:21 EDT 1996
Undefined Link Error
Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

If any entity or artefact is used or mentioned in a rule without being
defined in the rule set (including that rule) or as a blueprint, then that
rule is made dormant.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 11:16:24 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 838

Proposal 838 - Sat Jun 01 11:16:21 EDT 1996
Where's the real wealth?
Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

A land unit is a kaa (pl: kii). Kii are manipulated in whole numbers,
without fractions.

Ackanomic shall consist of 1000 rural kii and 200 urban kii. Only urban
lands may be built upon. 
There will exist 1 extra urban kii per player in the game. This number will
vary as player join or exit the game.

There is a central plaza or square in the center of Ackanomic which has size
16 kii on which nothing may be built. It is neither urban nor rural. This is
where players meet to discuss and vote on proposals and such.

Land may not be sold or otherwise exchanged except as defined in the rules.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 11:16:26 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 839

Proposal 839 - Sat Jun 01 11:16:21 EDT 1996
Buildings
Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

A building is an entity in Ackanomic which can be of six sizes:
  small (1 land unit)
  cosy (2 land units)
  classy (4 land units)
  lavish (6 land units)
  sumptuous (9 land units)
  extravagant (12 land units)

All existing or new player shall be granted 1 kaa of urban land and a
building of small size as legal residence (on the 1 urban kaa) when they
join or this rule passes. All player should give a name to their residence.
It is called "<player's name>'s house" until they do.

The Senate is sumptuous. Ackanomic Afterlife is classy. The FM is a lavish
place. These building may never be smaller that as defined originally but
can be greater. All other land, with or without buildings on them, that are
not defined in the rules or owned by players will be called common lands and
under the control of the Financier. All deals to sell or buy common land
must be done with the approval of at least two senators.

The size of the buildings cannot be changed except as allowed by the rules.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 11:16:28 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 840

Proposal 840 - Sat Jun 01 11:16:21 EDT 1996
The Library
Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

The Library is hereby defined as a classy building where a copy of all legal
documents are kept. The historian (or by default the speaker) is in charge
of the Library. It may not be destroyed or reduced in size to less than what
it is originally (classy). It has the same status as that of the Senate.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 11:16:30 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 841

Proposal 841 - Sat Jun 01 11:16:21 EDT 1996
Political Parties RULE!
Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Each political party may have only one financial account in which currencies
and all matters dealt by the FM are kept. The account will be treated as if
it was a player's, under the control of the guardian, as defined below.

A political parties will gain A$20 for every proposal one of their member
makes which passes. That money is put into the political party's account.

The party boss is the guardian of the account. If there is no party boss,
then the party members must nominate one of their own as the guardian of the
account. If the guardian of the account is no longer in the party, the money
remains in the party, and a new guardian must be chosen by party members. If
the party dissolves, then the money is not shared between all members, but
claimed by the Legislature and returned to the treasury.

The guardian is the sole person responsible for the upkeep and official
handling of the political party's account.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 11:16:43 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 847

Proposal 847 - Sat Jun 01 11:16:21 EDT 1996
No Residence, No Public Life
Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

In order to hold any kind of office (senator, president, justice, financier)
the person must own a building as their residence. Any building a player
owns may be declared their residence so long as they own it or another
player takes them in officially.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 11:16:41 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 846

Proposal 846 - Sat Jun 01 11:16:21 EDT 1996
Lifestyle is expensive
Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Every first of the month, each player will earn A$1 for every kaa of rural
land she owns. However, every player will also have to pay A$5 for every
urban kaa she owns. This money will be paid to the Treasury through the
Financier (to be deducted automatically).

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 11:16:32 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 842

Proposal 842 - Sat Jun 01 11:16:21 EDT 1996
The Kee
Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

The Kee will be in charge of accounting for all kii, should such a thing
exist. If not, no Kee position will exist.

The Kee must keep track of who owns what lands, what amount (in whole kii),
what's built and what size, as well as anything else that is of interest
according to the rules. The Kee has a work residence in the Senate building
(1st floor, 2nd door on the right).

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 11:16:45 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 848

Proposal 848 - Sat Jun 01 11:16:21 EDT 1996
State Growth
Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

The Senate may ask the Financier to appropriate a specific amount of lands,
either rural or urban. The Financier will then take the lowest public offer
announced by a player, ignoring those that exceed A$200 per kaa. This will
become common lands as per the normal rules of the FM which apply.

The Senate may build and destroy buildings on the urban common lands it has
as it sees fit at no charge. This includes upgrades or downgrades. The Kee
should be notified for the change to be effective.

Common lands, whether with buildings or not, can be sold at any time.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 11:16:34 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 843

Proposal 843 - Sat Jun 01 11:16:21 EDT 1996
Dealin'
Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Land may be sold or bought in FM. To buy land (common or private), both
parties to the transaction must send a contract of that effect to the
Financier for it to take place and in accord with all regulations for an FM
transaction.

When selling common lands, the Financier will never sell it at a price
greater than the highest one of the last three prices used (in cost per kaa)
in its category (urban or rural), nor be lower than A$10 per kaa for rural,
or A$20 per kaa for urban land.

If buildings are on the land, then the Financier should take that into
account when buying and selling.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 11:42:06 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 799 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 799
  Proposal 799 - Sat May 25 01:26:41 EDT 1996
  Repealing ARNs
  Mohammed  (Jason Orendorff)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

11 YES votes   3 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Mohammed gains 10 points.  149 -> 159

11 YES votes:  
  Dr McSpong                                                      
  ThinMan                                                         
  Niccolo Flychuck                                                
  Bascule                                                         
  snowgod                (None Yet)                               
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  SnafuMoose                                                      
  Techno                 Underworld                               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               
  Wayne                  Underworld                               
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

3 NO votes:  5 points each
  Robin Hood                                  165 -> 170          
  De'ghew                Underworld           108 -> 113          
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           139 -> 144          

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  The Great Old One      Underworld           
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  Malenkai                                    
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 799 - Sat May 25 01:26:41 EDT 1996
Repealing ARNs
Mohammed  (Jason Orendorff)

The rule titled "Absolute Reference Number" shall be repealed.

Unless a proposal has passed to modify it, that rule reads:
=====   
   Rule 522/0 (Mutable)
   Absolute Reference Number
   
     Every rule shall have both an effective ordinal number and an
     absolute reference number (hereafter referred to as ARN). The ARN
     must be a positive integer.
     
     All rules, at the time of the creation of this rule, already have
     effective ordinal numbers assigned to them, and there are rules that
     describe how to generate the effective ordinal number for any new or
     amended rule. The instant this rule is adopted and goes into effect,
     all currently existing rules will have an ARN assigned to them. The
     ARN for such rules will be the same as their effective ordinal
     number.
     
     Whenever a new rule is created (by whatever means) it will be
     assigned an ARN. The ARN of the newly created rule will be identical
     to the effective ordinal number assigned to it. Whenever a rule is
     amended or transmuted, or modified in any way, it will retain its
     previous ARN. Any rule, when it is repealed, will retain its ARN.
     
     No two rules may have the same ARN. If a case ever arises when a
     rule is to be assigned an ARN that is already assigned to a rule (or
     repealed rule), then the Speaker will select a different ARN and
     give it to the new rule. The Speaker must select an ARN that is not
     currently assigned to any rule (or repealed rule), and the Speaker
     will try and select an ARN that will not be assigned to any other
     rules in the future).
     
     [The ARN will be helpful in organizing the Web Page as well as
     giving an absolute reference to any rule. Currently it is impossible
     to refer to a rule by number, because the effective ordinal number
     of the rule might change.]
=====

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 11:43:17 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 800 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 800
  Proposal 800 - Sat May 25 01:27:14 EDT 1996
  Subject Lines
  Mohammed  (Jason Orendorff)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

14 YES votes   0 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Mohammed gains 10 points.  159 -> 169

14 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                                      
  Dr McSpong                                                      
  ThinMan                                                         
  Niccolo Flychuck                                                
  Bascule                                                         
  snowgod                (None Yet)                               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)                               
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  SnafuMoose                                                      
  Techno                 Underworld                               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                                            
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               
  Wayne                  Underworld                               
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

0 NO votes:  5 points each

1 PRESENT votes:
  De'ghew                Underworld          

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  The Great Old One      Underworld           
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  Malenkai                                    
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 800 - Sat May 25 01:27:14 EDT 1996
Subject Lines
Mohammed  (Jason Orendorff)

1.  The rule titled "Limited Subject Line Lengths" shall be modified to 
read, in full:

=====
A message is a public message if, and only if, it is distributed to all 
registered Players and the subject line contains either "Ackanomic:" or 
"Acka:".
=====

[[That rule currently reads:
=====   
   Rule 622/4 (Mutable)
   "Limited Subject Line Lengths"
   
     In order to make handling this game easier on all players, all
     subject lines should have standard components. All Ackanomic
     messages will use the following system to determine the appropriate
     subject line:
     
     The subject line (hereafter referred to as SL) for a message
     containing voting results ought to be of the form (omitting
     quotation marks) : "Ackanomic: Pnum Voting Results" (where Pnum is
     the number of the proposal in question). The key word that cannot be
     altered is the word "Results".
     
     The SL for a message containing a proposal should follow the form:
     "Ackanomic: Proposal Pnum" (where Pnum is the number of the proposal
     in question). They key word that cannot be altered is the word
     "Proposal".
     
     The SL for a message containing a Call For Judgement shall follow
     the form: "Ackanomic: CFJ Pnum" (where Pnum is the number of the
     proposal in question). The key word that cannot be altered is "CFJ".

     The SL for a message containing any official announcement, news, or
     other "official" Ackanomic business shall follow the form:
     "Ackanomic: Official". The key word that cannot be altered is
     "Official".
     
     The SL for a message containing a draft proposal shall have the
     following form: "Ackanomic: RFC (text)" (where (text) is not
     required, but encouraged). The key word that cannot be altered is
     "RFC". [Note that the acronym RFC stands for "Request For Comment"].

     The SL for a message that is a general discussion follows the form:
     "Ackanomic: Discussion (Topic)" (where (Topic) is NOT required, but
     may be used to explain the topic of the message). The key word that
     cannot be altered is "Discussion".
     
     The SL for any message that does not fit into one of the above
     categories, unless it is defined by some other rule, shall be of the
     form : "Ackanomic: Misc (Explanation)" (where (Explanation) is not
     required, but may explain what the topic of the message is). The key
     word that cannot be altered is "Misc".
     
     Players should use these subjects for any message sent concerning
     the game. Minor variations are allowed in all cases, as long as the
     key word remains unchanged, and if the SL begins with the standard
     "Ackanomic" (or "re: Ackanomic, or minor variants thereof). If a
     player fails to use these standardized subjects, they will recieve a
     penalty of a deduction of one point from their score.
     
     The abbreviation Acka is an acceptable substitute for the word
     Ackanomic in all cases.
=====

As one of the players who most frequently violates this rule, I'm seeking 
to reduce it to a more or less harmless form.  Note that this also cuts 
something like 50 lines of text from the rule set.  :o)
]]

2.  The rule titled "Tammany" shall be modified in the following way:  
section (xi) shall be removed.

[[It currently reads:
=====
   Rule 554/0 (Mutable)
   Tammany

	[...]
(xi)  The use of subject lines that follow the form "Ackanomic: Bribe"
      shall be allowed without penalty.  This section has precedence
      over any all mutable Rules.
=====
]]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 11:16:39 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 845

Proposal 845 - Sat Jun 01 11:16:21 EDT 1996
Official Buildings
Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

When creating an organization, a building must be allocated to it for it to
be an official organization. The official residence of an organization must
be publicly declared by the member of that organization which is the owner
of the building. If an organization is without official residence for more
than 5 days, that organization will no longer exist.

The Senators, the Supreme Court and the President of Ackanomic have a legal
residence in the Senate building. The members of the OotF have legal
residence in the FM building. The Senate, Ackanomic Afterlife and FM are
public buildings owned as part of the Treasury but can never be sold or
destroyed.

A political party will be considered as an organization for the purposes of
this rule.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 11:44:37 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 801 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 801
  Proposal 801 - Sat May 25 01:27:49 EDT 1996
  Joining Internomic
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

15 YES votes   0 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

snowgod gains 10 points.  74 -> 84

15 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                                      
  Dr McSpong                                                      
  ThinMan                                                         
  Niccolo Flychuck                                                
  De'ghew                Underworld                               
  Bascule                                                         
  snowgod                (None Yet)                               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)                               
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  SnafuMoose                                                      
  Techno                 Underworld                               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                                            
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               
  Wayne                  Underworld                               
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

0 NO votes:  5 points each

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  The Great Old One      Underworld           
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  Malenkai                                    
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 801 - Sat May 25 01:27:49 EDT 1996
Joining Internomic
snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

This proposal will create a resolution that reads:

We the citizens of ackanomic have decided that it is in our best interest
to join the game of internomic that is currently will begin shortly.  We
give our consent for the Ackanomic (a nomic game) to be registered a player
in the the first game of internomic.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 11:16:37 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 844

Proposal 844 - Sat Jun 01 11:16:21 EDT 1996
Crashin' and Buildin'
Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

The building on a land may be destroyed to make it empty by the owner
sending a public warning to that effect in the public forum and it is
acknowledged by the Kee. The fee for destruction will be A$5 per kaa of
building destroyed, deducted from the owner's account.

A new building may be built by a player if she has enough urban lands for
it. The building is created when she posts a message to the public forum to
that effect, it is acknowledged by the Kee, and the construction fee of
A$100 per kaa is deducted from her account.

Likewise, any current building can be "upgraded" by paying the cost of the
bigger addition to the building without first destroying the smaller one.
And "downgraded" by simply destroying as many squares as it takes to make it
the size required.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 11:46:45 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 803 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 803
  Proposal 803 - Sat May 25 01:29:00 EDT 1996
  Emptying the Trash
  Mohammed  (Jason Orendorff)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

8 YES votes   6 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Mohammed loses 10 points.  169 -> 159

8 YES votes:  3 points each
  Robin Hood                                  170 -> 173          
  Dr McSpong                                  143 -> 146          
  Niccolo Flychuck                             81 -> 84           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            84 -> 87           
  /dev/joe               Foozball              91 -> 94           
  Techno                 Underworld           146 -> 149          
  Wayne                  Underworld           179 -> 182          
  Mohammed               (None Yet)           159 -> 162          

6 NO votes:  
  ThinMan                                                         
  De'ghew                Underworld                               
  Bascule                                                         
  this is not a name     (None Yet)                               
  SnafuMoose                                                      
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  The Great Old One      Underworld           
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  Malenkai                                    
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 11:47:09 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 804 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 804
  Proposal 804 - Sat May 25 01:29:20 EDT 1996
  Eliminating Waste
  Mohammed  (Jason Orendorff)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

10 YES votes   4 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Mohammed gains 10 points.  162 -> 172

10 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                                      
  Dr McSpong                                                      
  Niccolo Flychuck                                                
  De'ghew                Underworld                               
  snowgod                (None Yet)                               
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  SnafuMoose                                                      
  Techno                 Underworld                               
  Wayne                  Underworld                               
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

4 NO votes:  5 points each
  ThinMan                                     142 -> 147          
  Bascule                                     206 -> 211          
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           144 -> 149          
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           132 -> 137          

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  The Great Old One      Underworld           
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  Malenkai                                    
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 804 - Sat May 25 01:29:20 EDT 1996
Eliminating Waste
Mohammed  (Jason Orendorff)

Rule 602 ("Proposals, Dependant") is hereby repealed.

[[
Rule 602/0 (Mutable)
 Proposals, Dependant

(i)   A Proposal is Dependant iff it contains text stating that
      it is Dependant and specifies which other Proposal(s)
      it is Dependant upon.  The Rules may specify other means
      of making a Proposal Dependant upon another Proposal.
(ii)  Whenever there is a set of Proposals such that every
      member of the set is Dependant upon every other member
      of the set, each member of this set is said to be Bundled
      with each of the other members.
(iii) Whenever a Proposal is resolved and fails to pass, all
      Proposals that are Dependant upon that Proposal are
      retracted without penalty to the author.
(iv)  A Proposal's voting period shall not expire before
      all Proposals that it is Dependant upon, but NOT Bundled
      with, have been resolved.
(v)   Whenever a Proposal creates a new Rule, any text stating
      the Proposal's Dependancies shall not appear in the new
      Rule.
(vi)  A Proposal X is Distantly Dependant upon another Proposal
      Y iff there exists a Proposal Z such that X is Dependant
      or Distantly Dependant upon Z and Z is Dependant upon Y.
      [So if P600 depends on P599 and P598 depends on P599,
       P598 is Distantly Dependant upon P600]
(vii) A Proposal is held to be Dependant upon all Proposals
      that it is Distantly Dependant upon.
]]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 11:47:34 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 805 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 805
  Proposal 805 - Sat May 25 01:30:56 EDT 1996
  Kindler, Gentler World
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

6 YES votes   8 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Malenkai loses 10 points.  183 -> 173

6 YES votes:  3 points each
  Dr McSpong                                  146 -> 149          
  De'ghew                Underworld           113 -> 116          
  Bascule                                     211 -> 214          
  snowgod                (None Yet)            87 -> 90           
  SnafuMoose                                  113 -> 116          
  Techno                 Underworld           149 -> 152          

8 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                                      
  ThinMan                                                         
  Niccolo Flychuck                                                
  this is not a name     (None Yet)                               
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               
  Wayne                  Underworld                               
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  The Great Old One      Underworld           
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  Malenkai                                    
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 11:47:56 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 806 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 806
  Proposal 806 - Sat May 25 01:31:13 EDT 1996
  Rule Buddy
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

7 YES votes   7 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

snowgod loses 10 points.  90 -> 80

7 YES votes:  3 points each
  Dr McSpong                                  149 -> 152          
  De'ghew                Underworld           116 -> 119          
  Bascule                                     214 -> 217          
  snowgod                (None Yet)            80 -> 83           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           149 -> 152          
  /dev/joe               Foozball              94 -> 97           
  Techno                 Underworld           152 -> 155          

7 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                                      
  ThinMan                                                         
  Niccolo Flychuck                                                
  SnafuMoose                                                      
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               
  Wayne                  Underworld                               
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  The Great Old One      Underworld           
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  Malenkai                                    
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 96 11:48:14 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 807 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 807
  Proposal 807 - Sat May 25 01:31:31 EDT 1996
  Emptying the Trash, part 3
  Mohammed  (Jason Orendorff)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

10 YES votes   4 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Mohammed gains 10 points.  172 -> 182

10 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                                      
  Dr McSpong                                                      
  ThinMan                                                         
  Niccolo Flychuck                                                
  De'ghew                Underworld                               
  snowgod                (None Yet)                               
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               
  Wayne                  Underworld                               
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

4 NO votes:  5 points each
  Bascule                                     217 -> 222          
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           152 -> 157          
  SnafuMoose                                  116 -> 121          
  Techno                 Underworld           155 -> 160          

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  The Great Old One      Underworld           
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  Malenkai                                    
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 807 - Sat May 25 01:31:31 EDT 1996
Emptying the Trash, part 3
Mohammed  (Jason Orendorff)

The rule titled "Official Polls" (Rule 315) is hereby repealed.

[[
Rule 315/0 (Mutable)
Official Polls
=====
This rule would firstly create an office known as the Pollster, who would
be appointed by the current Speaker.  The Pollster must be a Voter.  No player
may be both the Speaker and Pollster at the same time.  The Pollster would be
in charge of the duties surrounding the Poll, as described below.

This rule would secondly create an entity known as a Poll.  Each week a poll
would be taken by the Pollster.  The topics for the poll are sent in by the
players to the Pollster during the week.  No player may submit more than one
topic per week.  At the end of the week, the Pollster would select from among
the submitted topics one which is appropriate to the current state of the game.
At the beginning of the next week, the Poll topic would be announced, and votes
submitted by all Players during the week.  The results would be posted
publically at the end of the week.  Since this two week process is started
every week, the Pollster will be responsible for taking in topics for the next
Poll and votes for the current Poll in the same week.
=====
]]

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #23
******************************