Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #12
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Saturday, May 25 1996        Volume 01 : Number 012

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:47:47 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 776 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 776
  Proposal 776 - Fri May 17 23:50:32 EDT 1996
  It Came From Outer Space
  Calvin N Hobbs  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

7 YES votes   10 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

 loses 10 points.   -> -10

7 YES votes:  3 points each
  Dr McSpong                                  107 -> 110          
  Bascule                                     186 -> 189          
  snowgod                (None Yet)            69 -> 72           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           111 -> 114          
  SnafuMoose                                   90 -> 93           
  Techno                                      107 -> 110          
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           106 -> 109          

10 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                                        
  Robin Hood                                                      
  Brinjal                                                         
  ThinMan                                                         
  Niccolo Flychuck                                                
  De'ghew                                                         
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball                                 
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  Wayne                                                           
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:51:48 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: 776 Repeat

Here are the voting results for : 776
  Proposal 776 - Fri May 17 23:50:32 EDT 1996
  It Came From Outer Space
  Calvin N Hobbs  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

7 YES votes   10 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.   xxxxxxx  Now at -39

7 YES votes:  3 points each
  Dr McSpong                                  107 -> 110          
  Bascule                                     186 -> 189          
  snowgod                (None Yet)            69 -> 72           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           111 -> 114          
  SnafuMoose                                   90 -> 93           
  Techno                                      107 -> 110          
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           106 -> 109          

10 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                                        
  Robin Hood                                                      
  Brinjal                                                         
  ThinMan                                                         
  Niccolo Flychuck                                                
  De'ghew                                                         
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball                                 
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  Wayne                                                           
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:55:53 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 777 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 777
  Proposal 777 - Fri May 17 23:50:32 EDT 1996
  The Lost Planet
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

6 YES votes   11 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.  -39 -> -49

6 YES votes:  3 points each
  Robin Hood                                  142 -> 145          
  Dr McSpong                                  110 -> 113          
  snowgod                (None Yet)            72 -> 75           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           114 -> 117          
  SnafuMoose                                   93 -> 96           
  Techno                                      110 -> 113          

11 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                                        
  Brinjal                                                         
  ThinMan                                                         
  Niccolo Flychuck                                                
  De'ghew                                                         
  Bascule                                                         
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball                                 
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               
  Wayne                                                           
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:56:16 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 778 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 778
  Proposal 778 - Fri May 17 23:50:32 EDT 1996
  The Space Station
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

9 YES votes   8 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.  -49 -> -59

9 YES votes:  3 points each
  Robin Hood                                  145 -> 148          
  Dr McSpong                                  113 -> 116          
  Niccolo Flychuck                             73 -> 76           
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball              13 -> 16           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            75 -> 78           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           117 -> 120          
  /dev/joe               Foozball              57 -> 60           
  SnafuMoose                                   96 -> 99           
  Techno                                      113 -> 116          

8 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                                        
  Brinjal                                                         
  ThinMan                                                         
  De'ghew                                                         
  Bascule                                                         
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               
  Wayne                                                           
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:57:05 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 779 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 779
  Proposal 779 - Sat May 18 00:08:32 EDT 1996
  Succession Proceedings
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

15 YES votes   2 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 10 points.  153 -> 163

15 YES votes:  
  Malenkai                                                        
  Dr McSpong                                                      
  Brinjal                                                         
  ThinMan                                                         
  Niccolo Flychuck                                                
  Bascule                                                         
  snowgod                (None Yet)                               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)                               
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  SnafuMoose                                                      
  Techno                                                          
  (None Yet) Unity vote                                            
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               
  Wayne                                                           
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

2 NO votes:  5 points each
  Robin Hood                                  148 -> 153          
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball              16 -> 21           

1 PRESENT votes:
  De'ghew                                    

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 779 - Sat May 18 00:08:32 EDT 1996
Succession Proceedings
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

[[Hopefully this will never have to be invoked. Its nice to have
something in place, though, just in case. This is pretty much the
same as the RFC with this is not a name's comments worked in]]

1) Should the current Speaker perform no game actions for a fortnight,
players may invoke Succession Proceedings (SPS). If this is true, SPS
are officially invoked upon 3 or more players posting to the public
forum that they wish them to be invoked.

2) Should the current Speaker perform any game action, including, but
not limited to, posting to the main forum, SPS are immediately terminated.

3) Upon SPS being invoked, one of the players invoking them must send
a message to the current Speaker stating what is going on, with the
subject line "Ackanomic: Official: SPS". If the current Speaker responds
to the message in the public forum within 3 days, SPS is immediately
terminated.

4) If the current Speaker does not respond, an Acting Speaker is selected
by the following procedure: (Note that the "work" required by this 
procedure (sorting the offices, offering the positions, etc), can be
done by anyone in the game. If the procedure is stalled at a particular
point because a piece of work is not done, and no one steps forward to
do it for three days, the SPS is terminated) 

4a) All office holders (functional, political, and otherwise) are
candidates for succession, with the following exceptions: The current
Speaker, regardless of any other offices he or she holds, is not a
candidate. The holder of any office which explicitly cannot be held by
the Speaker is ineligable. A player on vacation is ineligable.

4b) The occupied offices are listed, sorted by the rule number which
created them (lowest rule number/office on "top" of the list, rule
numbers increasing from there). Any offices excluded by 4a) are not
listed. [[This allows for additional offices to be created without
having to come up with a succession list in this rule]]

4c) The player holding the office at the top of the list is offered the
position of Acting Speaker. They have 2 days to accept or decline the
position. No reply is taken as a decline. If the office has multiple
seats (e.g. Senate), players within the office are sorted alphabetically
by Ackanomic Name.

4d) If a player declines, they, and all offices they hold, are struck
from the succession list.

4e) If all players decline, then the 3 players who first invoked SPS
will become the Acting Speaker as a group.

5) Upon selection of a Acting Speaker, the following will occur:

5a) The Acting Speaker will, regretablly, invoke "No dead players allowed"
or its equivelent, on the current Speaker. This clause superceeds all
mutable rules which only give the Speaker this priveledge. If the procedure
to remove dead players from the game is undefined, then the Acting
Speaker will use "Permissability of the Unprohibited" to remove the dead
Speaker. If this is illegal or impossible for any reason, the current
Speaker is considered Impeached, and loses the title.

5b) The Acting Speaker will carry on all other duties and responsibilities
of the Speaker. This clause superceeds all mutable rules which
only give the Speaker certain duties and responsibilities.

5c) Upon the current Speaker responding to 5a, the SPS will be terminated,
and there will be no Acting Speaker.

5d) Upon the current Speaker not responding to 5a, the Acting Speaker will
hold an election for Speaker under the rules for doing so. If those rules
are undefined, the following will happen:

5e) The Acting Speaker will become the Speaker if the Acting Speaker is
an individual. If the Acting Speaker is a group, that group will decide
among itself which of its members will become the Speaker, and that person 
will become the Speaker. If the group fails to decide within 3 days, the
first person who called for the SPS will become the Speaker.

6) Upon the termination of SPS for any reason, clause 1) must again be
satisfied for them to be initiated again.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 9:50:32 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 808

Proposal 808 - Sat May 25 09:50:32 EDT 1996
Repeal Rule 446, "Unanimity is a Great Thing"
/dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Repeal Rule 446, "Unanimity is a Great Thing"

[[ The text of the rule is:
     This rule does not apply to proposals that amend, repeal, or
     transmute rules. It only applies to proposals that create new
     rules. When such a proposal passes unanimously, creating a mutable
     rule, that new rule automatically becomes an immutable rule,
     retaining the same rule number it had prior to this transmutation.
     Any proposal that is voted against unanimously creates a new rule
     as if it had been voted for unanimously. This rule then becomes an
     immutable rule, following the procedure described previously.
]]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 9:51:28 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 809

Proposal 809 - Sat May 25 09:51:28 EDT 1996
Amend the rule " "   
/dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Amend the rule " " (originally called "Rob Ert Sevin") by replacing it
entirely with the following:

1. Nothing in Ackanomic shall have the name or title as any other thing
in Ackanomic.  Rules, Players, Offices, Organizations, Political Parties,
and Entities defined in the rules are specifically covered by this rule,
but other things may be covered as well.  Proposals are specifically not
covered.

2. For the purposes of part 1 of this rule, two names shall be considered
the same if any of the following are true:
 a. If all the letters in each of two names are converted to lower case, an
    all characters besides letters and numbers are removed, the two resulting
    strings are identical.
 b. If articles (such as the, a, or an) are removed from the beginning of
    one or both names, they become identical by part 2a of this rule.
 c. If two names are both converted to plural form, or are both converted
    to singular form, they become identical under part 2a or 2b of this rule.

3. If two names are discovered to be identical, the procedure below is
followed to resolve the problem:
 a. If a name chosen by a player (such as a player name, party name, church
    name, etc.) conflicts with a name previously in use, the player choosing
    the name may not use that name and must choose a new name.
 b. If a rule has the same name as something it defines or creates, then a
    comma and the phrase "Creation of" is appended to the name of the rule.
 c. If a rule has the same name as something it doesn't define or create,
    and that other thing is not another rule, then " Rule" is appended to
    the name of the rule.
 d. If a rule has the same name as another rule, then the rule whose name
    was most recently chosen or changed shall have " #2" appended if it
    doesn't already end with " #" and a number; otherwise the number at the
    end of the name of the rule shall be incremented.
 e. If parts 3a-3d do not resolve the problem, then the CSRR officer (if
    one exists) shall change a name in such a way to fix the problem.  This
    change is not a CSR.  If no CSRR officer exists, the Speaker shall make
    the change.

4. If any of parts 3a-3e cause the name of a rule to be changed, any text
of any rule which unambiguously referred to that rule by name shall be
changed to use the new name of the rule.

[[ Here is the original text, which brought up almost as many questions
   as the number of changes it seems to require:
Nothing in Ackanomic shall have a Name or Title that would be the same as
the Name or Title of anything else in Ackanomic if all alphabetic
characters in both Names or Titles were lower-case, and all space
characters were removed. If two or more things in Ackanomic are found to
be in violation of this Rule, the Player who selected the most recent Name
or Title shall change that Name or Title to bring it into compliance. If
the identity of that Player can not be determined, or if that Player has
left the game, that Name or Title shall be brought into compliance by the
Officer, should one exist, in charge of making minor changes to the Rules,
or by another Officer as directed by the Rules. 
]]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 9:52:09 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 810

Proposal 810 - Sat May 25 09:52:09 EDT 1996
Other Nomics
snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

This proposal will create a resolution that reads:

We, the citizens of Ackanomic, do acknowledge the existence of other nomic
games.  We  recognize the games of Agora, Fascist, and Thring as valid
nomic games, and accept them as competitors in any game of Internomic.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 9:58:41 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: 780 Failed

Here are the voting results for : 780
  Proposal 780 - Sat May 18 03:37:28 EDT 1996
  The Vows At Langemoor
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

4 YES votes   6 NO votes   5 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.  -59 -> -69
[[ I have reset CnH's score back to 0 ]]

4 YES votes:  3 points each
  Dr McSpong                                  116 -> 119          
  Bascule                                     189 -> 192          
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball              21 -> 24           
  Techno                                      116 -> 119          

6 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                                      
  Brinjal                                                         
  ThinMan                                                         
  snowgod                (None Yet)                               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

5 PRESENT votes:
  Niccolo Flychuck                           
  De'ghew                                    
  this is not a name     (None Yet)          
  /dev/joe               Foozball            
  SnafuMoose                                 

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        
  Wayne                                       

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  Malenkai                                    
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 9:59:35 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 781 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 781
  Proposal 781 - Sat May 18 03:37:28 EDT 1996
  Ackae Recognized For Its Work.
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 16 players cast votes

8 YES votes   7 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.  0 -> -10

8 YES votes:  3 points each
  Robin Hood                                  153 -> 156          
  Dr McSpong                                  119 -> 122          
  ThinMan                                     132 -> 135          
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball              24 -> 27           
  /dev/joe               Foozball              60 -> 63           
  SnafuMoose                                   99 -> 102          
  Techno                                      119 -> 122          
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           109 -> 112          

7 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                                        
  Niccolo Flychuck                                                
  De'ghew                                                         
  Bascule                                                         
  this is not a name     (None Yet)                               
  snowgod                (None Yet)                               
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

1 PRESENT votes:
  Brinjal                                    

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        
  Wayne                                       

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 10:00:19 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 782 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 782
  Proposal 782 - Sat May 18 03:37:28 EDT 1996
  The Langemoor Commission
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 16 players cast votes

3 YES votes   14 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.  -10 -> -20

3 YES votes:  3 points each
  Dr McSpong                                  122 -> 125          
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball              27 -> 30           
  SnafuMoose                                  102 -> 105          

14 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                                        
  Robin Hood                                                      
  Brinjal                                                         
  ThinMan                                                         
  Niccolo Flychuck                                                
  De'ghew                                                         
  Bascule                                                         
  this is not a name     (None Yet)                               
  snowgod                (None Yet)                               
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  Techno                                                          
  (None Yet) Unity vote                                            
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

0 PRESENT votes:

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        
  Wayne                                       

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 10:04:20 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 783 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 783
  Proposal 783 - Sat May 18 03:37:28 EDT 1996
  New Guidelines For Judges and Justices.
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

5 YES votes   11 NO votes   2 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.  -20 -> -30

5 YES votes:  3 points each
  Robin Hood                                  156 -> 159          
  Dr McSpong                                  125 -> 128          
  Bascule                                     192 -> 195          
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball              30 -> 33           
  SnafuMoose                                  105 -> 108          

11 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                                        
  Brinjal                                                         
  ThinMan                                                         
  Niccolo Flychuck                                                
  this is not a name     (None Yet)                               
  snowgod                (None Yet)                               
  Techno                                                          
  (None Yet) Unity vote                                            
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               
  Wayne                                                           
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

2 PRESENT votes:
  De'ghew                                    
  /dev/joe               Foozball            

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 10:04:47 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 784 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 784
  Proposal 784 - Sat May 18 03:37:28 EDT 1996
  The Citrus And Orange Prize.
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

10 YES votes   6 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.  -30 -> -40

10 YES votes:  3 points each
  Robin Hood                                  159 -> 162          
  Dr McSpong                                  128 -> 131          
  Brinjal                                     113 -> 116          
  ThinMan                                     135 -> 138          
  Bascule                                     195 -> 198          
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball              33 -> 36           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           120 -> 123          
  SnafuMoose                                  108 -> 111          
  Wayne                                       157 -> 160          
  Mohammed               (None Yet)           123 -> 126          

6 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                                        
  Niccolo Flychuck                                                
  snowgod                (None Yet)                               
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  Techno                                                          
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               

1 PRESENT votes:
  De'ghew                                    

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 10:05:09 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 785 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 785
  Proposal 785 - Sat May 18 03:37:28 EDT 1996
  Killer 13th.
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

3 YES votes   14 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.  -40 -> -50

3 YES votes:  3 points each
  Dr McSpong                                  131 -> 134          
  snowgod                (None Yet)            78 -> 81           
  Wayne                                       160 -> 163          

14 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                                        
  Robin Hood                                                      
  Brinjal                                                         
  ThinMan                                                         
  Niccolo Flychuck                                                
  De'ghew                                                         
  Bascule                                                         
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball                                 
  this is not a name     (None Yet)                               
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  SnafuMoose                                                      
  Techno                                                          
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 10:05:30 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 786 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 786
  Proposal 786 - Sat May 18 11:22:30 EDT 1996
  Gadgets
  Mohammed  (Jason Orendorff)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

12 YES votes   2 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Mohammed gains 10 points.  126 -> 136

12 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                                      
  Dr McSpong                                                      
  Brinjal                                                         
  ThinMan                                                         
  Niccolo Flychuck                                                
  De'ghew                                                         
  Bascule                                                         
  this is not a name     (None Yet)                               
  SnafuMoose                                                      
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               
  Wayne                                                           
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

2 NO votes:  5 points each
  Malenkai                                    163 -> 168          
  Techno                                      122 -> 127          

1 PRESENT votes:
  /dev/joe               Foozball            

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  snowgod                (None Yet)           
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 786 - Sat May 18 11:22:30 EDT 1996
Gadgets
Mohammed  (Jason Orendorff)

A new rule titled "Gadgets" will be created, reading as follows:

- -----
(i) A Gadget's Blueprint is the Blueprint that defines the class of
Gadget to which that Gadget belongs.  If a Gadget's Blueprint exists,
the Gadget behaves in the manner defined by the Blueprint, and may be
manipulated in accordance with it.

(ii) A Gadget has at most one owner.  The ownership of a Gadget may be
transferred from one Player to another by mutual consent, but both
Players must write messages to the Inventor notifying him of the
transfer.  The time of the transfer is the time of the later of the
two messages.

(iii) The ability to create Gadgets is a Privelege of the Inventor.
The Inventor may create a Gadget only by performing these tasks, in
this order:

(a) choosing a type from those defined by existing Blueprints.

(b) announcing publicly that a new Gadget of that type is being made.
This cannot be done if the Inventor is already in the process of
making a Gadget.

(c) building the gadget.  This task is completed when the Inventor has
spent at least three days building, and the Blueprint defining the
type of Gadget to be made has existed for at least one week.  The
Gadget is created at the end of this time.  It has no owner.

(d) announcing publicly that the new Gadget has been built and that
the auction for that Gadget has begun.

(e) holding an auction.  The auction begins with the Inventor's
announcement that it has begin and ends three days later.  During this
time, a message to the Inventor from another player offering a
positive amount of currency for the Gadget is a bid.  At the end of
the auction, a bid is valid if the player who sent it has at least the
amount of currency he or she offerred.

(f) determining the Gadget's owner.  When the auction is over, if no
valid bids were sent, the Gadget is destroyed.  Otherwise, the player
who set the valid bid offering the most currency is the winner of the
auction.  The amount of currency the winner offered in the winning
bid is deducted from his or her account, and ownership of the new
Gadget is transferred to him or her.

(iv) If, during the creation process, the Inventor's Priveleges are
suspended, the process is paused.  If, during the creation process,
the Inventor leaves office, no new Gadget is created, or the new
Gadget is destroyed (whichever case applies).  The process is then
aborted and cannot be continued by the succeeding Inventor.

(v) A Gadget's owner can destroy it by publicly announcing that he or
she is doing so, unless the Gadget's Blueprint specifies that it is
indestructible.

(vi) A Gadget may create, destroy, or manipulate a protected entity if
its Blueprint so specifies.  [So, Gadgets can affect other Gadgets,
create points, and so on, as long as this behavior does not conflict
with the Rules.]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 10:05:46 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 788 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 788
  Proposal 788 - Sat May 18 11:24:57 EDT 1996
  Another waste of time proposal
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

5 YES votes   7 NO votes   2 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

snowgod loses 10 points.  81 -> 71

5 YES votes:  3 points each
  Dr McSpong                                  134 -> 137          
  Bascule                                     198 -> 201          
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           123 -> 126          
  Techno                                      127 -> 130          
  Wayne                                       163 -> 166          

7 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                                      
  Brinjal                                                         
  ThinMan                                                         
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  SnafuMoose                                                      
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

2 PRESENT votes:
  Malenkai                                   
  De'ghew                                    

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  snowgod                (None Yet)           
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 10:06:06 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 789 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 789
  Proposal 789 - Sat May 18 11:25:36 EDT 1996
  Another fool Proposal
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

6 YES votes   8 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

snowgod loses 10 points.  71 -> 61

6 YES votes:  3 points each
  Dr McSpong                                  137 -> 140          
  Bascule                                     201 -> 204          
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           126 -> 129          
  SnafuMoose                                  111 -> 114          
  Techno                                      130 -> 133          
  Wayne                                       166 -> 169          

8 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                                        
  Robin Hood                                                      
  Brinjal                                                         
  ThinMan                                                         
  De'ghew                                                         
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  snowgod                (None Yet)           
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #12
******************************