Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #11
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Saturday, May 25 1996        Volume 01 : Number 011

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:26:41 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 799

Proposal 799 - Sat May 25 01:26:41 EDT 1996
Repealing ARNs
Mohammed  (Jason Orendorff)

The rule titled "Absolute Reference Number" shall be repealed.

Unless a proposal has passed to modify it, that rule reads:
=====   
   Rule 522/0 (Mutable)
   Absolute Reference Number
   
     Every rule shall have both an effective ordinal number and an
     absolute reference number (hereafter referred to as ARN). The ARN
     must be a positive integer.
     
     All rules, at the time of the creation of this rule, already have
     effective ordinal numbers assigned to them, and there are rules that
     describe how to generate the effective ordinal number for any new or
     amended rule. The instant this rule is adopted and goes into effect,
     all currently existing rules will have an ARN assigned to them. The
     ARN for such rules will be the same as their effective ordinal
     number.
     
     Whenever a new rule is created (by whatever means) it will be
     assigned an ARN. The ARN of the newly created rule will be identical
     to the effective ordinal number assigned to it. Whenever a rule is
     amended or transmuted, or modified in any way, it will retain its
     previous ARN. Any rule, when it is repealed, will retain its ARN.
     
     No two rules may have the same ARN. If a case ever arises when a
     rule is to be assigned an ARN that is already assigned to a rule (or
     repealed rule), then the Speaker will select a different ARN and
     give it to the new rule. The Speaker must select an ARN that is not
     currently assigned to any rule (or repealed rule), and the Speaker
     will try and select an ARN that will not be assigned to any other
     rules in the future).
     
     [The ARN will be helpful in organizing the Web Page as well as
     giving an absolute reference to any rule. Currently it is impossible
     to refer to a rule by number, because the effective ordinal number
     of the rule might change.]
=====

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:27:14 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 800

Proposal 800 - Sat May 25 01:27:14 EDT 1996
Subject Lines
Mohammed  (Jason Orendorff)

1.  The rule titled "Limited Subject Line Lengths" shall be modified to 
read, in full:

=====
A message is a public message if, and only if, it is distributed to all 
registered Players and the subject line contains either "Ackanomic:" or 
"Acka:".
=====

[[That rule currently reads:
=====   
   Rule 622/4 (Mutable)
   "Limited Subject Line Lengths"
   
     In order to make handling this game easier on all players, all
     subject lines should have standard components. All Ackanomic
     messages will use the following system to determine the appropriate
     subject line:
     
     The subject line (hereafter referred to as SL) for a message
     containing voting results ought to be of the form (omitting
     quotation marks) : "Ackanomic: Pnum Voting Results" (where Pnum is
     the number of the proposal in question). The key word that cannot be
     altered is the word "Results".
     
     The SL for a message containing a proposal should follow the form:
     "Ackanomic: Proposal Pnum" (where Pnum is the number of the proposal
     in question). They key word that cannot be altered is the word
     "Proposal".
     
     The SL for a message containing a Call For Judgement shall follow
     the form: "Ackanomic: CFJ Pnum" (where Pnum is the number of the
     proposal in question). The key word that cannot be altered is "CFJ".

     The SL for a message containing any official announcement, news, or
     other "official" Ackanomic business shall follow the form:
     "Ackanomic: Official". The key word that cannot be altered is
     "Official".
     
     The SL for a message containing a draft proposal shall have the
     following form: "Ackanomic: RFC (text)" (where (text) is not
     required, but encouraged). The key word that cannot be altered is
     "RFC". [Note that the acronym RFC stands for "Request For Comment"].

     The SL for a message that is a general discussion follows the form:
     "Ackanomic: Discussion (Topic)" (where (Topic) is NOT required, but
     may be used to explain the topic of the message). The key word that
     cannot be altered is "Discussion".
     
     The SL for any message that does not fit into one of the above
     categories, unless it is defined by some other rule, shall be of the
     form : "Ackanomic: Misc (Explanation)" (where (Explanation) is not
     required, but may explain what the topic of the message is). The key
     word that cannot be altered is "Misc".
     
     Players should use these subjects for any message sent concerning
     the game. Minor variations are allowed in all cases, as long as the
     key word remains unchanged, and if the SL begins with the standard
     "Ackanomic" (or "re: Ackanomic, or minor variants thereof). If a
     player fails to use these standardized subjects, they will recieve a
     penalty of a deduction of one point from their score.
     
     The abbreviation Acka is an acceptable substitute for the word
     Ackanomic in all cases.
=====

As one of the players who most frequently violates this rule, I'm seeking 
to reduce it to a more or less harmless form.  Note that this also cuts 
something like 50 lines of text from the rule set.  :o)
]]

2.  The rule titled "Tammany" shall be modified in the following way:  
section (xi) shall be removed.

[[It currently reads:
=====
   Rule 554/0 (Mutable)
   Tammany

	[...]
(xi)  The use of subject lines that follow the form "Ackanomic: Bribe"
      shall be allowed without penalty.  This section has precedence
      over any all mutable Rules.
=====
]]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 1996 00:26:56 -0500
From: Kelly Martin <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Official 

"Mitchell" == Mitchell Harding <[email-masked]> writes:

Mitchell> I am not dead, so don't delete me. I am hereby on vacation
Mitchell> until May 29th 1996. I am currently having difficulties
Mitchell> using my usual mail reader (Eudora, running under Windows
Mitchell> 95) and therefore I cannot fully catch up. I will endeavor
Mitchell> to get Windows 95 happy once again.

see, there's your problem.  real users use Linux. :)

(i only keep Windows95 on my computer for a few games my son likes to
play)

k.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:27:49 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 801

Proposal 801 - Sat May 25 01:27:49 EDT 1996
Joining Internomic
snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

This proposal will create a resolution that reads:

We the citizens of ackanomic have decided that it is in our best interest
to join the game of internomic that is currently will begin shortly.  We
give our consent for the Ackanomic (a nomic game) to be registered a player
in the the first game of internomic.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:28:39 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 802

Proposal 802 - Sat May 25 01:28:39 EDT 1996
Lattitude for the Judges
SnafuMoose  (Stephen Roberts)

Preamble: To promote meaningfull CFJ's, judges must be given more
lattitude in thier judgements, to that end, the following change is
promoted.

The rule titled "Three Possible Judgements" shall be changed from:

There are only three possible Judgements: (1) True, (2) False, or (3)
Undecided. A Judgement may be accompanied by reasons and arguments,
but any such reasons and arguments form no part of the official
Judgement itself.

to read:

1) There are only four possible Judgements: (1) True, (2) False,  (3)
Undecided or (4) Frivolous.
1a) The verdict of True shall mean that the statement in the CFJ is
wholy true based on the current ruleset, taking into account the
spirit of the game and the game custom.
1b) The verdict of False shall mean that the statement in the CFJ is
wholy false based on the current ruleset, taking into account the
spirit of the game and the game custom.
1c) The verdict of Undecided shall mean that the Judge can come to no
conclusion on the truth or falsehood of the given statement based
upon the current ruleset, taking into account the spirit of the game
and the game custom.
1d) The verdict of Frivolous shall mean that while the CFJ statement
may be true to a technical degree given the current ruleset, the
spirit of the game and/or game custom would dictate otherwise.

2) A Judgement may be accompanied by reasons and arguments, but any
such reasons and arguments form no part of the official Judgement
itself.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:29:00 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 803

Proposal 803 - Sat May 25 01:29:00 EDT 1996
Emptying the Trash
Mohammed  (Jason Orendorff)

Rule 112 ("At Least One Mutable Rule") is hereby repealed.

[[
Rule 112/0 (Mutable)
At Least One Mutable Rule

There must always be at least one mutable rule.  The adoption of rule
changes must never become completely inpermissible.
]]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:29:20 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 804

Proposal 804 - Sat May 25 01:29:20 EDT 1996
Eliminating Waste
Mohammed  (Jason Orendorff)

Rule 602 ("Proposals, Dependant") is hereby repealed.

[[
Rule 602/0 (Mutable)
Proposals, Dependant

(i)   A Proposal is Dependant iff it contains text stating that
      it is Dependant and specifies which other Proposal(s)
      it is Dependant upon.  The Rules may specify other means
      of making a Proposal Dependant upon another Proposal.
(ii)  Whenever there is a set of Proposals such that every
      member of the set is Dependant upon every other member
      of the set, each member of this set is said to be Bundled
      with each of the other members.
(iii) Whenever a Proposal is resolved and fails to pass, all
      Proposals that are Dependant upon that Proposal are
      retracted without penalty to the author.
(iv)  A Proposal's voting period shall not expire before
      all Proposals that it is Dependant upon, but NOT Bundled
      with, have been resolved.
(v)   Whenever a Proposal creates a new Rule, any text stating
      the Proposal's Dependancies shall not appear in the new
      Rule.
(vi)  A Proposal X is Distantly Dependant upon another Proposal
      Y iff there exists a Proposal Z such that X is Dependant
      or Distantly Dependant upon Z and Z is Dependant upon Y.
      [So if P600 depends on P599 and P598 depends on P599,
       P598 is Distantly Dependant upon P600]
(vii) A Proposal is held to be Dependant upon all Proposals
      that it is Distantly Dependant upon.
]]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:30:56 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 805

Proposal 805 - Sat May 25 01:30:56 EDT 1996
Kindler, Gentler World
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Upon receipt of any post to the public forum, including, but not limited
to, Proposals, CFJs, CFCJs, and AOJs, the reader, if a player,
is required to think that was posted in good fun. In fact, they are
required to imagine the author laughing hilariously while at the e-mail
client; they must envision the author rollicking across the floor in
eye-splitting laughter, especially if the action is in response to
hilarious or dubious action.

This does not require that the author be doing any of those things when
composing, but requires the public to give the author the benefit of the
doubt in a medium as limited as the one we are using.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:31:13 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 806

Proposal 806 - Sat May 25 01:31:13 EDT 1996
Rule Buddy
snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

The office of the Rule Buddy is hereby created. There will be one seat for
this office.

Upon vacancy of the office, it will be filled on a volunteer basis. Upon
multiple volunteers, the Speaker will choose one. Should the Promoter
volunteer the Speaker is required to consider him before considering other
volunteers. In the event that no volunteers come forth, the office will
remain vacant and its duties unfulfilled until such time as a player does
volunteer.

Salary:

The Rule Buddy will draw no salary.  The Rule Buddy will have have the
right to charge any sum up to but not exceeding A$50 from any player
requesting his service.  The Rule Buddy must publically announce his fee
before any charges can be incurred.  If the Rule Buddy wishes to change his
fee, he he may do so by publically announcing it, so long as his fee
remains below the A$50 limit.

Term:

The Rule Buddy will hold the office until he resigns or is impeached.

Duties:

The Rule Buddy shall be required to maintain a copy of the current ruleset
in the form of a plain text [ASCII] file. The Rule Buddy may maintain a
copy of the ruleset in any other form he deems appropriate [database file,
etc] as a seondary file so long as the plain text file is always updated
first.  The Rule Buddy must insure that the current ruleset contains all
rules that are more than three days old.

The Rule Buddy is responsible for providing a copy of the current ruleset
to any player who requests it, so long as they are willing and able to pay
his fee.  Should a player refuse, or be unable to, pay the Rule Buddy's fee
the rule buddy has no obligation to provide that player with a copy of the
ruleset.

The Rule Buddy shall post a weekly report containing an itemized list of
the fees charged so that the apropriate officers may credit or debit
accounts.

Vacationing:

Should the Rule Buddy go on vacation there will be no acting Rule Buddy.
The Rule Buddy shall be exempt from performing his duties while he is on
vacation, but will be required to get everything updated with one week of
returning from vacation.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:31:31 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 807

Proposal 807 - Sat May 25 01:31:31 EDT 1996
Emptying the Trash, part 3
Mohammed  (Jason Orendorff)

The rule titled "Official Polls" (Rule 315) is hereby repealed.

[[
Rule 315/0 (Mutable)
Official Polls
=====
This rule would firstly create an office known as the Pollster, who would
be appointed by the current Speaker.  The Pollster must be a Voter.  No player
may be both the Speaker and Pollster at the same time.  The Pollster would be
in charge of the duties surrounding the Poll, as described below.

This rule would secondly create an entity known as a Poll.  Each week a poll
would be taken by the Pollster.  The topics for the poll are sent in by the
players to the Pollster during the week.  No player may submit more than one
topic per week.  At the end of the week, the Pollster would select from among
the submitted topics one which is appropriate to the current state of the game.
At the beginning of the next week, the Poll topic would be announced, and votes
submitted by all Players during the week.  The results would be posted
publically at the end of the week.  Since this two week process is started
every week, the Pollster will be responsible for taking in topics for the next
Poll and votes for the current Poll in the same week.
=====
]]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:37:33 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 765 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 765
  Proposal 765 - Thu May 16 15:27:14 EDT 1996
  The Earth is NOT FLAT
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 21 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

11 YES votes   6 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.  -7 -> -17

11 YES votes:  3 points each
  Robin Hood                                  128 -> 131          
  Dr McSpong                                   86 -> 89           
  Brinjal                                      99 -> 102          
  ThinMan                                     110 -> 113          
  gnome                                                           
  De'ghew                                      94 -> 97           
  Bascule                                     177 -> 180          
  snowgod                (None Yet)            63 -> 66           
  Calvin N Hobbes                             -17 -> -14          
  SnafuMoose                                   75 -> 78           
  Techno                                       93 -> 96           

6 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                                        
  this is not a name     (None Yet)                               
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               
  Wayne                                                           
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Tera Ypsilon                                
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  The Governor                                
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:39:42 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 766 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 766
  Proposal 766 - Thu May 16 16:16:09 EDT 1996
  Fire Declared Illegal
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 20 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

7 YES votes   12 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.  -14 -> -24

7 YES votes:  3 points each
  Dr McSpong                                   89 -> 92           
  Brinjal                                     102 -> 105          
  gnome                                                           
  De'ghew                                      97 -> 100          
  Bascule                                     180 -> 183          
  Calvin N Hobbes                             -24 -> -21          
  SnafuMoose                                   78 -> 81           

12 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                                        
  Robin Hood                                                      
  ThinMan                                                         
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball                                 
  snowgod                (None Yet)                               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)                               
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  Techno                                                          
  (None Yet) Unity vote                                            
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               
  Wayne                                                           
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

0 PRESENT votes:

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:40:28 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 767 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 767
  Proposal 767 - Thu May 16 16:16:29 EDT 1996
  Nothing Important
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 20 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

12 YES votes   6 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Calvin N Hobbes gains 10 points.  -21 -> -11

12 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                                      
  Dr McSpong                                                      
  ThinMan                                                         
  gnome                                                           
  De'ghew                                                         
  Bascule                                                         
  snowgod                (None Yet)                               
  Calvin N Hobbes                                                 
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  SnafuMoose                                                      
  Techno                                                          
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               

6 NO votes:  5 points each
  Malenkai                                    145 -> 150          
  Brinjal                                     105 -> 110          
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball               8 -> 13           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            95 -> 100          
  Wayne                                       130 -> 135          
  Mohammed               (None Yet)           106 -> 111          

0 PRESENT votes:

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 767 - Thu May 16 16:16:29 EDT 1996
Nothing Important
Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

The Ackanomic Afterlife hereby exists. It is unique and all other rules
referring to this location use the definition below.

It is the name of a luxurious palace near the Senate. A player that has
"entered" this palace can do so as per another rule, not directly of his own
decision. This palace magically heals all burns, and the ashes of players
have been known to spontaneous "decombust" back into the player when put there.

A player may leave the palace whenever he wants.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:41:12 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 768 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 768
  Proposal 768 - Thu May 16 16:33:38 EDT 1996
  Power To The People (aka: The Hacksaw)
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 20 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

10 YES votes   8 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.  -11 -> -21

10 YES votes:  3 points each
  Robin Hood                                  131 -> 134          
  Dr McSpong                                   92 -> 95           
  gnome                                                           
  De'ghew                                     100 -> 103          
  Bascule                                     183 -> 186          
  Calvin N Hobbes                             -21 -> -18          
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           100 -> 103          
  SnafuMoose                                   81 -> 84           
  Wayne                                       135 -> 138          
  Mohammed               (None Yet)           111 -> 114          

8 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                                        
  Brinjal                                                         
  ThinMan                                                         
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball                                 
  snowgod                (None Yet)                               
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  Techno                                                          
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               

0 PRESENT votes:

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:42:01 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 769 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 769
  Proposal 769 - Fri May 17 01:36:05 EDT 1996
  No Orphaned Entities
  /dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

9 YES votes   8 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

/dev/joe loses 10 points.  65 -> 55

9 YES votes:  3 points each
  Malenkai                                    150 -> 153          
  Dr McSpong                                   95 -> 98           
  ThinMan                                     113 -> 116          
  gnome                                                           
  Calvin N Hobbes                             -18 -> -15          
  /dev/joe               Foozball              55 -> 58           
  SnafuMoose                                   84 -> 87           
  Techno                                       96 -> 99           
  Mohammed               (None Yet)           114 -> 117          

8 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                                      
  Brinjal                                                         
  De'ghew                                                         
  Bascule                                                         
  snowgod                (None Yet)                               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)                               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               
  Wayne                                                           

0 PRESENT votes:

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:42:25 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 770 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 770
  Proposal 770 - Fri May 17 01:37:38 EDT 1996
  Fixing Rule Changes
  /dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

6 YES votes   8 NO votes   3 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

/dev/joe loses 10 points.  58 -> 48

6 YES votes:  3 points each
  Dr McSpong                                   98 -> 101          
  Brinjal                                     110 -> 113          
  snowgod                (None Yet)            66 -> 69           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           103 -> 106          
  /dev/joe               Foozball              48 -> 51           
  Wayne                                       138 -> 141          

8 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                                        
  Robin Hood                                                      
  ThinMan                                                         
  Bascule                                                         
  SnafuMoose                                                      
  Techno                                                          
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

3 PRESENT votes:
  gnome                                      
  De'ghew                                    
  Calvin N Hobbes                            

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:43:27 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 772 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 772
  Proposal 772 - Fri May 17 01:39:33 EDT 1996
  Repeal 729
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

8 YES votes   9 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.  -15 -> -25

8 YES votes:  3 points each
  Robin Hood                                  134 -> 137          
  Dr McSpong                                  101 -> 104          
  ThinMan                                     116 -> 119          
  gnome                                                           
  Calvin N Hobbes                             -25 -> -22          
  /dev/joe               Foozball              51 -> 54           
  Wayne                                       141 -> 144          
  Mohammed               (None Yet)           117 -> 120          

9 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                                        
  Brinjal                                                         
  De'ghew                                                         
  Bascule                                                         
  snowgod                (None Yet)                               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)                               
  SnafuMoose                                                      
  Techno                                                          
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               

0 PRESENT votes:

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:43:57 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 773 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 773
  Proposal 773 - Fri May 17 01:39:51 EDT 1996
  Repeal 728
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

9 YES votes   8 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.  -22 -> -32

9 YES votes:  3 points each
  Dr McSpong                                  104 -> 107          
  ThinMan                                     119 -> 122          
  gnome                                                           
  Calvin N Hobbes                             -32 -> -29          
  /dev/joe               Foozball              54 -> 57           
  SnafuMoose                                   87 -> 90           
  Techno                                       99 -> 102          
  Wayne                                       144 -> 147          
  Mohammed               (None Yet)           120 -> 123          

8 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                                        
  Robin Hood                                                      
  Brinjal                                                         
  De'ghew                                                         
  Bascule                                                         
  snowgod                (None Yet)                               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)                               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)                               

0 PRESENT votes:

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:45:15 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 774 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 774
  Proposal 774 - Fri May 17 14:01:09 EDT 1996
  Auto-Vacation
  Wayne  (Wayne Sheppard)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 16 players cast votes

11 YES votes   5 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Wayne gains 10 points.  147 -> 157

11 YES votes:  
  Malenkai                                                        
  Dr McSpong                                                      
  Brinjal                                                         
  De'ghew                                                         
  Bascule                                                         
  snowgod                (None Yet)                               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)                               
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  SnafuMoose                                                      
  Wayne                                                           
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

5 NO votes:  5 points each
  Robin Hood                                  137 -> 142          
  ThinMan                                     122 -> 127          
  Techno                                      102 -> 107          
  Merlin the Happy Pig                         42 -> 47           
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            96 -> 101          

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Niccolo Flychuck                            

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 774 - Fri May 17 14:01:09 EDT 1996
Auto-Vacation
Wayne  (Wayne Sheppard)

If a quorum is not met on a proposal, all players who abstained on the proposal
shall be placed on vacation.  

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 May 96 1:47:22 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 775 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 775
  Proposal 775 - Fri May 17 18:04:37 EDT 1996
  Creation of Church
  Niccolo Flychuck  (Uri Bruck)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

14 YES votes   4 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Niccolo Flychuck gains 10 points.  63 -> 73

14 YES votes:  
  Malenkai                                                        
  Robin Hood                                                      
  Dr McSpong                                                      
  Brinjal                                                         
  Niccolo Flychuck                                                
  Bascule                                                         
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball                                 
  snowgod                (None Yet)                               
  /dev/joe               Foozball                                 
  Techno                                                          
  Merlin the Happy Pig                                            
  Tammany                                                         
  Wayne                                                           
  Mohammed               (None Yet)                               

4 NO votes:  5 points each
  ThinMan                                     127 -> 132          
  De'ghew                                     103 -> 108          
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           106 -> 111          
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           101 -> 106          

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  SnafuMoose                                  

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Meme Complex                                

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 775 - Fri May 17 18:04:37 EDT 1996
Creation of Church
Niccolo Flychuck  (Uri Bruck)

1.a Let there be a new type of Ackanomic entity called a Church
  b. If Organization is defined, then a Church is a type of Organization
  c. A Church is a Protected entity.

2. a. Any may Player may declare eir intent to found a Church. A Church is
officially recognized when the player has three Followers in addition to
eirself.
b. The Player who founded the Church will be known as the Church Founder. 
c.Any Player who joins the Church will be known as a Follower
d. Once a Church has been officially recognized, a public anouncement will
be made by the Speaker to that effect. The anouncement must include the name
of the Church, the name of the Founder, the names of all the members, and a
document called Church Dogma.Church Dogma includes any infomation concerning
the Church that the Founder wishes to make public.

3. a.Each Church may have a Church Policy. 
 b.Church Policy is an internal Church document. 
c.All Church members must abide by Church Policy as long as they are members
of the Church.
d. The initial Church Policy will be set by the Founder. Church Policy may
only change according to Church Policy
e. A Church is not obliged to divulge Church Policy, in whole or in part, in
a public forum. 
f. Church Policy has no effect over the power to ordain Priests. It cannot
take this power away from the Founder, neither can it give this power to
anyone else.
g. Church Policy cannot prevent a Church member from leaving a Church

4.a. The Church Founder has the power to ordain Priests.
b. A Founder may ordain a Player as a Priest iff that Player is a member of
eir Church.
c. The Founder may delegate any of his duties or authorities to the
Priesthood, except for the power to ordain Priests.
d.In the absence of the Founder, the most senior Priest will perform the
duites, and have the authority of the Founder, except for the power to
ordain Priests.
If seniority is not defined in Church Policy, then the most senior Priest,
will the one who has been Priest for the longest duration of time.
e. If a decision is to be made by the Priesthood, and no method for making
such decisions is defined in Church Policy, then the decision will be made
by a  simple majority rule. In case of a tie, then seniority is taken into
account. [[the side that has the greater total seniority is considered to
have the majority]]. If seniority is not defined in Church Policy, the the
seniority of a Priest will be defined as the length of time that has passed
since that Player has been ordained as a Priest in that Church. If there is
still a tie after this, then the Founder will break the tie.

5. a. A Church may define its own alternative terminology for the Church
specific terms defined in this rule.
 b. Any terms that the Church intends to use in a public forum, must be
defined in Church Dogma.
c. If undefined terminology is used by Church members in a public forum, any
player may publically request the Church to provide an explain of that term.
The Church must respond within 4 days with an explanation it finds suitable.
A Church may provide such an explanation even if no request was made.
d. A Church mailing list is not considered a public forum.

6. A player may not be a member of more that one Church at the same time.

7. a.When a player wishes to join a Church, e may communicate this fact to
the Church Founder either publically or privately. 
b. If Church Policy has nothing to say on accepting new members, then Church
membership will be up to the Founder.
c. Whenever a new player joins a Church, the Church Founder must make a
public anouncement to that effect.
d. A player may leave a Church at any time.

8. a. A Church must always have at least one Priest.
b. A Church must always have at least at four members, including Priests.
c. For purposes of membership, the Church Founder is considered  a Priest
d. Any function that can be performed by a Priest, can also be performed by
the Church Founder.
e. If at any time a Church does not its membership criteria, that is, it
either has less than four members, or has no Priest, it is officially
disbanded. When a Church is disbanded, apublic anouncement is made to that
effect.
f. If a Priest refuses to recognize that the Church  has been disbanded,
then the remaining Church members may be known as a Cult. a Cult has no
official status whatsoever.

9. Church, Church membership, Foundership, Priesthood, and Church Dogma are
Protected.

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #11
******************************