Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #9
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest         Friday, May 24 1996         Volume 01 : Number 009

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 21:27:55 -0800
From: [email-masked] (Phil Ackley)
Subject: Re: Ackanomic:  Criminal Judgement 1

>...As an addendum to the CFCJ, the Judge hereby requests that all
>citizens of Ackanomia publicly thank Wayne and all the other hard
>working bureaucrats who we rely on to make this game work...

Thank you to our promoter, tablulator, sorekeeper, etc.... Wayne!  Keep up
the good work.  And thanks to all of the other hard working officers too.

"He belongs to that race of men who are always their adversary's best
champions."

- - Umberto Eco
  The Name of the Rose

Visit http://www.alaska.net/~snowgod for the ultimate source
of Information on Thinumabobs and Whatchamacallits.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 01:57:38 -0800
From: [email-masked] (Phil Ackley)
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: CFCJ 2

Malenkai,

On Thursday, May 2, of this year you sent a message in violation of the
same rule you are prosecuting this is not a name under.  How can one who is
so hipocritical feel he deserves to hold the office of CSRR?  Hell, how can
we trust anything you say when you'll prosecute someone for a crime you are
guilty of too?  For all I know, as soon as you are elected CSRR you could
be planning drastic moifications to the rule set (Wouldn't that be a funny
situation.... the players impeaching their elected officer for correctly
preforming the duties of his office...)

I ask, Malenkai, that if this is not a name is found guilty of violating
R101 as per CFCJ 2 that you donate an additional 50 A$ to the treasury and
propose a rule that would lower your score by 61 points should it pass.
Just to be fair...

And before you get uppidity, let me be the first to admit that I have also
sent messages with the improper subject lines.  It happens to the best of
us, but then again, the best of us don't go around prosecuting other people
for it.

The [surely to be snipped as bandwidth wasting in Malenkai's reply] header
from Malenkai's offending post follows:

Date: Thu, 02 May 1996 00:52:55 -0700
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
To: [email-masked]
Subject: *Achanomic: Opinion*

[astericks added by me]

snowgod
Ackanomic Ambassador and Your Candidate for CSRR!

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 16:51:33 +0300
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: discussion P775 Creation of Church 

Hi,
Just in case you've lost track of the Chuch proposal, I nearly have, you can
still vote for it day. 
It is numbered 775 and its deadline is Friday

Vote yes for p775

Nicolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 10:39:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: mr cwm <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Eeek! CFCJ 2

To:  Whomever is Judging CFCJ 2
From:  mr cwm

I wish to urge whoever is judging CFCJ 2 to return a verdict of FALSE.
The rule in question (R622/4 "Limited Subject Line Lengths") makes
explicit provision for subject lines that do not follow the system the
rule lays out.  I contend that this is not a name has not violated the
rules, but has, instead, chosen the option under Rule 622/4 which requires
a one-point deduction from his score.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 10:23:24 -0500
From: Kelly Martin <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic:  Criminal Judgement 1 

"Phil" == Phil Ackley <[email-masked]> writes:

Phil> Thank you to our promoter, tablulator, sorekeeper,
					     ~~~~~~~~~~
Phil> etc.... Wayne!

"sorekeepor"?

k.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 12:43:38 -0500
From: Simon Marty Harriman <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: to vote or not to vote 

Mohammed, as you are now the speaker remember not to vote as the speaker is
not a voter.
;)

Simon Marty Harriman

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 May 96 15:26:37 -0400
From: this is not a name <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Discussion: Eeek! CFCJ 2

>To:  Whomever is Judging CFCJ 2
>From:  mr cwm
>
>I wish to urge whoever is judging CFCJ 2 to return a verdict of FALSE.
>The rule in question (R622/4 "Limited Subject Line Lengths") makes
>explicit provision for subject lines that do not follow the system the
>rule lays out.  I contend that this is not a name has not violated the
>rules, but has, instead, chosen the option under Rule 622/4 which requires
>a one-point deduction from his score.

This is true. I have not in any way violated the rules. Tabulator, please 
remove one point from my score for that message.

this is not a name
Ackanomic Historian

- --
       Mike Epstein     [email-masked]     Long Island, NY
"There is no more miserable human being than one in whom nothing is
 habitual but indecision."          --William James
http://www.nyiq.net/~epstein/       Finger for PGP 2.6.2 public key

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 21:27:28 -0700
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic:  Official

Jason Orendorff wrote: 

>         I missed handing out the Magic Potato this week.  Oh well; we've
> done without it for three or four weeks already....
> 

Make sure, if its handed to the Gnome Buddy, the the Gnome gets hungry :)

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 21:54:55 -0700
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: CFCJ 2

this is not a name wrote:
> 
> I've sent out dozens (maybe hundreds) of messages using the appropriate
> subject line. On this message, I hit "reply" to Dan Marsh's message and
> didn't think to change it in time. It was a minor error, for which I
> apologize. Not one worth 61 points and $50.
> 

> >Call For Criminal Judgement 2
> >  Subject:  Subject Lines
> >Initiator:  Malenkai

> >> While I do not agree, in general, that such an act should be treated
> >> with criminal proceedings, this specific case requires stiff penalties,
> >> as this is not a name is using this mechanism to claim the deceased
> >> Governor's score for himself.

I wish people would read the entire post before taking offense. I tried 
to make it clear that this was a response to this is not a name's (IMHO)
ridiculous claim of the Governor's 61 points. If that claim stands, and
no one is challenging it, he loses nothing except a small amount of money
that can't buy much of anything anyway. This was again attempted as a
fun, creative, alternative than just CFJing that his claim was illegal
(CFJ 113 nukes R115 in terms of taking points in an "unregulated" way).

I took this is not a name's bogus claim in fun, and tried to respond in
kind. I wish I could paste a "this is supposed to be fun" disclaimer on
all my posts, I obviously do not have that skill in e-mail. I never 
expected a threat to quit in response, and apologize.

I will not withdrawl the CFCJ for the following reasons:
1) someone may have fun with it.
2) the judge can agree with mr cwm's argument and judge FALSE.
3) the judge can make the penalty 0.
4) the President can pardon this is not a name.

I agree with everyone else, as I stated in the post, that this is 
inappropriate for messed up subject lines, but as I stated earlier, the
punishment is in fitting with the crime (IMHO), but that is for the
judge to decide, as well as the legality.

"this post was intended to promote fun" (i'm really not trying to be
cynical, I'm trying to raise an attitude of try to think of the other
person laughing when they post first, then assume the worst).

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 22:05:03 -0700
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic:  Criminal Judgement 1

Jason Orendorff wrote:

First of all, let me add to the consensus that Wayne does an excellent
job. I think we all know that and agree that it is true. I'd call a
CFJ, but...

Secondly, the CFCJ procedure does not allow the judge to simply decree
penalties from the air, as has been done in this case (2b and 3,
specifically). By rule, Wayne should lose 1 point and A$5 to the
Treasury. The Governor's court fee of A$50 was already paid from his
estate.

I am officially posting a transaction to the FM. I may not be doing this
properly, if so, I apologize in advance, but there is no File Clerk:

I hereby agree to a contract to give Wayne A$5 upon Wayne complying with
2d) of the penalty.

If Wayne posts an agreement to the contract, it will be so, I believe.

Malenkai

> > 2) Penalties:
> > 2a) Since I can find no specific punishment to be given to the
> > promoter should he fail to do his job, and since I can recall
> > no previous similar charge against Wayne, and since the flux of
> > mail has been harsh the past several weeks, the Judge does seek
> > to dispense mercy on Wayne (this time). The punishment shall be
> > as follows:
> > 2b) Wayne must publically apologize for failing in his job.
> > 2c) Wayne will be penalized 1 point.
> > 2d) Wayne must pay the Governor's court costs of A$5.
> >
> > 3) The Judge also orders Wayne to properly dispense the con-con
> > proposal.
> >
> > 4) The Judge also feels that a proposal is in order that would
> > require future similar proposals to be sent via private email
> > in order for them to count.
> 
> --Mohammed, Clerk of the Courts

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 22:58:56 -0700
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: CFCJ 2

Phil Ackley wrote:
> 
> Malenkai,
> 
> On Thursday, May 2, of this year you sent a message in violation of the
> same rule you are prosecuting this is not a name under.  How can one who is
> so hipocritical feel he deserves to hold the office of CSRR?

[I snip bandwidth for brevity, not censorship]

Yes I did, but hypocritical would have been to claim that I did not
violate the rules, or resist judgement. I did neither of these things,
and am therefore not hypocritical. I respectfully ask snowgod to 
withdrawl the "hypocritical" charge. Even snowgod's faction is claiming
that this is not a name did not violate the rule. so how could have I?
Thats hypocritical, actually!

I refer you to the key part of the CFCJ's text, which snowgod and his
faction apparently did not see it fit to read:
 
> While I do not agree, in general, that such an act should be treated
> with criminal proceedings, this specific case requires stiff penalties,
> as this is not a name is using this mechanism to claim the deceased
> Governor's score for himself.

Its obvious that this is not about the subject line, but snowgod's
minions and supporters illegally sponging the dead's points for
themselves and their own self-promotional needs. They are being anal
by not looking at the intent, and calling it "anal"!

If snowgod cannot find the time to read the content he so libly comments
on, how can we trust him with the rules?! To read the rules?!

snowgod claims I will break my promise if elected CSRR. At least I have a
promise to break. I will not break it. snowgod can do anything, because he
has no promises to break, only mud to sling.

> Just to be fair...

While your supporter keeps his illegal 61 points? C'mon. Does the (None 
Yet) party have some sort of point sharing agreement in place. Is the
intent here really to have one of their members gain control of the rules
and slip eggs in? Read their charter. Do not trust this faction with the
rules!

Malenkai for CSRR, Protect the Rules.

(In good fun)
 
> The [surely to be snipped as bandwidth wasting in Malenkai's reply] header
> from Malenkai's offending post follows:
> 
> Date: Thu, 02 May 1996 00:52:55 -0700
> From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
> Mime-Version: 1.0
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: *Achanomic: Opinion*
> 
> [astericks added by [snowgod]]

And I'm sure the "opinion" behind this post was as illegal as (None Yet)
members and snowgod minions illegally sponging the dead's points. snowgod
doesn't feel fit to address the content of the post he finds offensive.
He is using an anal argument against allegedly anal behaviour which he
objects to. Thats hypocracy.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 00:18:09 -0700
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Ackanomic: Official: Vacation

I shall go on vacation. If the rules require me to state a return date,
it shall be Jun 05, 96. If the rules allow me to change that date while
on vacation, I reserve that right, and will post accordingly. If the
rules change whilst I'm gone, I'll probably end up in Gaol :).

The Supreme Court shall be in good hands until I return, when and if
Bascule ever gets confirmed (where *is* that CFJ anyway). I look forward
to the day when we're both there. If that CFJ returns FALSE, then you'll
have to fix "Confirmation Procedure" and send Bascule up there again.
Under the current rules, I'll be alone there until fon returns in 
September. When I wrote it, I never thought of a vacation greater than
1 month, as  the rules at the time did not allow it.

CFCJ 2 was in good fun. You have the power to nuke it, if you desire. I
am still learning the medium of e-mail Nomic, obviously. (Anyone in
Chester County, PA, USA want to play FTF? :)).

Hopefully Robert Sevin and Calvin N Hobbes will be back before I get
back. They can undo my damage. I've had fun. I'm hoping that, *in toto*,
I have increased, not decresed, fun. You'll know. If you feel like I
did when CnH left, or if you don't, you'll know.

I respectfully request any information on visiting Iceland.

I assume snowgod has the honor to delay the race for CSRR until I return.
(Of course, I don't begrudge him the right to respond to my latest mud).

For the few proposals I have not voted on, I apologize to their authors.
I don't have the time now, regretably. I'm chewing up all the bandwidth
on this (and its all CnH's fault for starting the precedent). My
absence will not affect quorom.

Wayne does a great job. I don't need a judge to force me to say
that. Mohammed does a great job (although lets see some INVENTIONS).
Robert Sevin does a great job. /dev/joe does a great job, even though he 
doesn't even have an office. snowgod (i begrudingly admit :o)) does a
great job as Ambassador (hopefully we'll have a meta-nomic when I get
back, I vote YES by R115, if I can, while on vacation.). this is not a
name is gonna have a killer history page. ThinMan does a great job. The
clarity of thought in is posts is stunning. CnH does a great job at
providing insight that is uncommon and unavailable to most people. 
Spend 52K with him sometime. The Senate and Supreme Court do a lousy
job :). The rules haven't given the Senate anything to do. I'd like to
thank the academy... mr cwm, who should be the third Justice (what
happened to that proposal, anyway). Bascule, with his reports, 
chess piece face, for making newbies welcome and part of the game, and
bringing common sense to an office (something *some* of us could learn :)).
And Simon Marty Harriman, who brought us the gumball. And Niccolo, and
Snafu (where's that land proposal?) and De'ghew and Dr McSpong, Techno
(cool Crying Towel proposal) and everybody I forgot, sorry if I missed 
anyone. and pTang, who is not dead, I saw him in a McDonalds in Michigan.
Now that I'm gone you'll have more bandwidth, a perfect time for new
players to get more involved, if you desire and have time. Everyone is
getting tired of my posts. You need a T1 (or E1, sorry, cultural 
neutrality :). If you read this far, I give you a PFMalenk bond if post
the other half of the transaction to the FM. This is actually an essay
contest that gives the writer one extra vote for each time "great" is used,
by R115, I claim 5 such votes.
 
BTW, by R115, I leave the "Space Station" and remove the "Biogenic 
Implants"

(in good fun)

Malenkai
Supreme Court Justice
Candidate for CSRR, Protect the Rules
Acting Assistant Historian (R115)
Loophole Surfer
General good guy or bad guy, depending on who you ask
Candidate for Gaoler, when the job comes up
Candidate for Assistant to the FM, when the job comes up
Candidate for recruiting pTang back into the game (only kidding. Although
we have a great cast now, I can't help but miss him).

Good luck, and may Ackanomic live long and be fun. That always has, and
always will be, my adjenda.

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #9
*****************************