Subject: acka-voting Digest V5 #6
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-voting digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 00:00:06 -0400 (EDT)

acka-voting Digest	Thursday, May 11 2000	Volume: 05  Issue: 006

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4398 accepted
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 01:15:06 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4398

Automatically passed in subcommittee: had no subcommittee.
Total vote for: 160   Total vote against:0
Acceptance Index: 160.0: proposal accepted

Votes to accept:
  Quoth the Raven       100         ==> 23
  Ape Idiom Reporter     60    +20  ==> 80

Votes to reject:

Abstainers:
  Blest Lax Monk Pal   
  Cthulhu              
  /dev/joe             
  Calvin N Hobbes      
  Clamshell Lawyer     
  Studge               
  two-star             
  Reductio             
  K 2                  

 Subject: Acka: Proposal 4398
 
 Proposal 4398
 Yes, we have no tomatoes
 Clamshell Lawyer
 Due: Fri Jan 14 12:39:20 2000
 Sphere: :None:
 Status: accepted

 Transmute the text of this Proposal, excluding this sentence, to a Rule
 numbered at the Rule-Harfer's discretion and titled "How Many People
 Remember the OLD Final Fantasy?  Yeah, That's Right, The Dumb One".
 
 There exists a unique entity named Namingway.  Namingway is a powerful
 Acka-oid (as in humanoid) automaton created by the Ancients in a fit of
 Ackapomorphism.  Many powers were reputedly invested in him by his
 creators, but the only one he has seen fit to reveal to today's Ackazens
 is the power to rename players.
 
 If Phoebe and her matchbox exist and are not Somewhere Else, then whenever
 the matchbox is found by a player, Namingway shall appear at the house of  
 the most recent player to hold her (Phoebe's) matchbox.  If Phoebe is
 Somewhere Else, or was most recently Somewhere Else, Namingway shall also
 be Somewhere Else.
 
 While Namingway is at a player's house, that player may ask Namingway to
 change eir (the player's) name.  Such a request should be made publically,
 should include the new name to which the player wishes to change,  and, to
 have a better chance of success, should include tasteful pleading (not to
 exceed grovelling) on the part of the supplicant.  If all these
 requirements are met, then Namingway will change the player's name to the
 requested one and transfer 25 Mannna from the player to the Treasury as
 payment.
 
 Much more insidiously, players may request Namingway to change the name of
 _another_ player.  To do so, the requesting player must have an
 absolute value of at least 200 Mannna, must tell Namingway whose name is
 to be changed and the new name of that player, and must *really* grovel.
 We're talking complete abasement here.  If, in the judgement of the
 Speaker (the President if the Speaker is the requesting player or the
 target player) the fawning is adequate and the other conditions are met,
 Namingway will make the requested name change.  In payment, he will
 transfer half the requesting player's Mannna to the Treasury if that
 player's Mannna total was positive, or will double the amount of eir
 Mannna if the total was negative.
 
 If a player is in possession of The Really Big Blue Thing That Doesn't Do
 Too Much, Really and Namingway is at eir house, then if e attempts to use
 either of them they will get into a petty squabble over who is to name
 whom, and both will retire to the Wilds of Ackanomic to duke it out.
 
 {{ If players' houses, or The Really Big Blue Thing That Doesn't
 Do Too Much, Really, or, for that matter, anything else referenced in
 this Proposal has been repealed, the author of this Proposal gets thirty
 lashes with a limp noodle.  And then thirty with a firm one. }}

------------------------------

End of acka-voting Digest V5 #6
*******************************