Subject: acka-voting Digest V5 #4
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-voting digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 00:00:05 -0500 (EST)

acka-voting Digest	Friday, January 07 2000	Volume: 05  Issue: 004

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4398
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 12:39:21 -0500 (EST)

Proposal 4398
Yes, we have no tomatoes
Clamshell Lawyer
Due: Fri Jan 14 12:39:20 2000
Sphere: :None:

Transmute the text of this Proposal, excluding this sentence, to a Rule
numbered at the Rule-Harfer's discretion and titled "How Many People
Remember the OLD Final Fantasy?  Yeah, That's Right, The Dumb One".

There exists a unique entity named Namingway.  Namingway is a powerful
Acka-oid (as in humanoid) automaton created by the Ancients in a fit of
Ackapomorphism.  Many powers were reputedly invested in him by his
creators, but the only one he has seen fit to reveal to today's Ackazens
is the power to rename players.

If Phoebe and her matchbox exist and are not Somewhere Else, then whenever
the matchbox is found by a player, Namingway shall appear at the house of  
the most recent player to hold her (Phoebe's) matchbox.  If Phoebe is
Somewhere Else, or was most recently Somewhere Else, Namingway shall also
be Somewhere Else.

While Namingway is at a player's house, that player may ask Namingway to
change eir (the player's) name.  Such a request should be made publically,
should include the new name to which the player wishes to change,  and, to
have a better chance of success, should include tasteful pleading (not to
exceed grovelling) on the part of the supplicant.  If all these
requirements are met, then Namingway will change the player's name to the
requested one and transfer 25 Mannna from the player to the Treasury as
payment.

Much more insidiously, players may request Namingway to change the name of
_another_ player.  To do so, the requesting player must have an
absolute value of at least 200 Mannna, must tell Namingway whose name is
to be changed and the new name of that player, and must *really* grovel.
We're talking complete abasement here.  If, in the judgement of the
Speaker (the President if the Speaker is the requesting player or the
target player) the fawning is adequate and the other conditions are met,
Namingway will make the requested name change.  In payment, he will
transfer half the requesting player's Mannna to the Treasury if that
player's Mannna total was positive, or will double the amount of eir
Mannna if the total was negative.

If a player is in possession of The Really Big Blue Thing That Doesn't Do
Too Much, Really and Namingway is at eir house, then if e attempts to use
either of them they will get into a petty squabble over who is to name
whom, and both will retire to the Wilds of Ackanomic to duke it out.

{{ If players' houses, or The Really Big Blue Thing That Doesn't
Do Too Much, Really, or, for that matter, anything else referenced in
this Proposal has been repealed, the author of this Proposal gets thirty
lashes with a limp noodle.  And then thirty with a firm one. }}

------------------------------

End of acka-voting Digest V5 #4
*******************************