Subject: acka-voting Digest V5 #2
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-voting digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 00:00:07 -0500 (EST)

acka-voting Digest	Wednesday, January 05 2000	Volume: 05  Issue: 002

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4397
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:05:21 -0500 (EST)

Proposal 4397
The First Major Prop: Point Repeal
Studge
Due: Wed Jan 12 04:05:19 2000
Sphere: :None:

Repeal Rule 1-4 When Score Changes Take Effect

Amend Rule 1-8 Retractions by deleting each sentence in it which refers to
points.

Repeal Rule 2-2-1 Scoring When A Proposal's Voting Results are Reported 

Amend Rule 2-2-5 Brass Monkey by replacing all instances of the term
"points" with "mannna".

Amend Rule 2-2-6 Let there be Harf! by replacing the POINTS1 delimited text
with the MANNNA1 delimited text and the POINTS2 with MANNNA2.

POINTS1
5 points (a score change based on proposal content)
POINTS1

MANNNA1
5 Mannna
MANNNA1

POINTS2
they gain 5 points.
POINTS2

MANNNA2
they gain 5 Mannna.
MANNNA2

Amend Rule 2-2-8 A Minority of One by replacing the PP text with the MM text.

PP
If the player in question was already the Tyrant, then their score shall be
reset to 0, and the points gained or lost distributed equally amongst all
other players (rounding away from 0).
PP

MM
If the player in question was already the Tyrant, then half of ir mannna
shall be distributed equally amongst all other players (rounding away from 0).
MM

Amend Rule 3-2 Delivering Judgement by replacing "points" with "mannna".

Amend Rule 3-4 Overturning Judgements by deleting the section titled "III.
Effects upon a judgement of an appeal by the Supreme Court" and renumber
the other sections appropriately.

Amend Rule 4 Players and Player States by deleting section VII.d. and
renumbering appropriately.

Amend Rule 4-1-2 Crazy French-Scotsmen by replacing the terms "points" and
"score" with the term "mannna".

Amend Rule 4-4-3 Characteristic: Harf by replacing the instances of
"points" with "mannna".

Amend Rule 4-11 Boons of the Ancients by replacing "11 points" with "20
mannna".

Amend Rule 5-2 Politeness Moon by replacing both "3 points" and "2 points"
with "1 harf".

Amend Rule 6-3 Offices, Impeachment by replacing "penalized 10 points" with
"penalized 20 mannna".

Amend Rule 6-4-6 Scorekeeper to contain only the FIXED delited text.

FIXED
The Office of the Scorekeeper is a Functional Office. The Duties of the
Scorekeeper are: 

(a) maintaining a record of the players' Mannna. 
(b) recording each Mannna change 
(c) announcing when a player has a negative amount of Mannna and when that
has ceased to be the case. 
(d) performing any random determinations involved in a process solely
involving Mannna.
FIXED

Amend Rule 6-5-6 Illuminatus by deleting its last sentence.

Amend Rule 6-5-7 Son I am able though you scare me / Watch beloved / Watch
me scare you though / Able am I son by replacing "points" with "mannna".

Amend Rule 7-1-7 Prosthetic Foreheads by deleting the part which reads "
and the player who described it loses two points".

Amend Rule 7-1-11 Eggs and Fruit by replacing the OLD text with the NEW text.

OLD
reduce his own score to zero at any time by informing the Scorekeeper that
he is doing so, provided that his score is greater than zero.
OLD

NEW
destroy any amount of eir own mannna by informing the Scorekeeper that e is
doing so.
NEW

Amend Rule 7-1-15 Chemicals by replacing "points" with "mannna" and by
deleting "a point and".

Amend Rule 7-1-15-3 Illuminatine by replacing "score" with "mannna".

Amend Rule 7-2-1 The Magic Potato by replacing all its text with the
following ILIKETATERS delimited text.

ILIKETATERS
This rule creates a unique entity known as the Magic Potato. The Magic
Potato will be given to a randomly chosen Active player each week. The
responsibility of choosing the Player randomly will be left up to the
Officer in charge of random things. There will exist only one Magic Potato
at any one time. The Player that currently holds the Magic Potato will gain
three extra mannna for each proposal of eirs that is accepted while e holds
the Magic Potato. 

There also exists the Great Tuba of Ackanomic, a unique entity. Whenever
the Magic Potato is transferred from one player to another, the Great Tuba
is given to the player who just lost the Magic Potato. The holder of the
Great Tuba receives one extra mannna whenever one of eir proposals passes. 
ILIKETATERS

Amend Rule 7-2-3 Steel Flea by replacing each instance of "6 points" or "3
points" with "25 A$"

Repeal Rule 7-4-1 Points 

Amend Rule 7-4-1-1 Convertible Economics by deleting items i and ii and
renumbering the rest appropriately.

Amend Rule 8-2 End of Cycle by replacing its text with the following
MUCHBETTER delimited text.

MUCHBETTER
Upon a Cycle being won as described by Rule 8, the following steps occur,
in order: 

a) Ackanomic play is suspended. 

b) All Chartreuse Goose Eggs, Right-Handed Grapefruit and Agenda Hats that
are not being worn are destroyed. All Nemesis Eggplants with the same
condition as an Agenda Hat that was destroyed in this manner are destroyed.
Each player who owns at least one Chartreuse Goose Card has one Chartreuse
Goose Card in eir possession destroyed. 

c) The winner is given the title of winner of the cycle, and a Right-Handed
Grapefruit and a Champion's Cloak are created in that player's possession.
If this results in eir having two Champion's Cloaks, one of them is
instantly transformed into a Badge of Glory. 

d) All players who have zero or fewer mannna are given a Chartreuse Goose
Egg. 

e) If the amount of A$s in circulation plus the value of all extant
Trinkets exceeded the amount in the Treasury at the time this winner was
declared, the following shall occur: 

i) All entities with a Total Wealth greater than zero shall transfer 10% of
eir Total Wealth to the Treasury. 

ii) All entities with a Total Wealth greater than zero and all players with
a Total Wealth of zero or less, shall be placed on The List in decreasing
order of Total Wealth. If there is a tie for Total Wealth, the Financier
shall make the random determination necessary to order the entities on the
list. 

iii) A random entity appearing in the first half of The List, shall
transfer 5% of eir total wealth to the active player lowest on The List and
both entities shall be removed from The List. 

iv) If there are at least two entities still on The List, one of which is a
player and the other of which has positive wealth,
then go to step iii. 

f) If the cycle currently ending has exceeded 30 days in length, all
players who have been vacationing for the entire cycle are removed from the
game as if they have quit. 

i) The game cycle number is incremented. 

j) All players who are in Gaol are released from Gaol. All players who are
in the Ackanomic Afterlife are relocated to eir homes. 

k) If the game state is such that the single winner of the last cycle would
immediately win again upon the resumption of Ackanomic play, a Chartreuse
Goose Card is transferred to that player. 

l) All events specified by other rules to occur at the end of the cycle
occur, in the numeric order of the rule that defines the
event [see rules 593, 8-7 and 8-2-4]. 

m) Ackanomic play resumes.
MUCHBETTER

Amend Rule 8-2-4 Commission d'Arts by replacing "points" with "mannna".

Repeal Rule 8-4 Winning by Points.

Amend Rule 8-5 Winning is Inherently Amusing (or Winning by Palindrome)  by
deleting the UNNECESSARY text.

UNNECESSARY
This win, if it occurs, shall occur immediately after the score changes as
a result of the Proposal being accepted are applied.
UNNECESSARY

Amend Rule 8-6 Winning by Agenda by adding an opening square comment
bracket before all of the text currently there and adding a similar close
bracket after everything.

{{[I'm not sure how to do hat weights, but I don't want to get rid of them,
this just puts the issue on pause.]}}

Amend Rule 9-5 The Haiku Limit by doing the same bracketing trick as was
done to 8-6.

Amend Rule 10-1-2-1 The Ackanomicon by replacing all the "points" with
"mannna" except the one about sanity points.

Amend Rule 99-9 Serfdom by replacing the "points" with "mannna".

------------------------------

End of acka-voting Digest V5 #2
*******************************