Subject: acka-voting Digest V4 #182
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-voting digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 00:00:08 -0400 (EDT)

acka-voting Digest	Sunday, August 29 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 182

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4344
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 14:40:11 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4344
because sweaters are just so necessary
Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
Due: Sun Sep  5 14:40:08 1999
Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance

repeal rule 7-2-4 (Baaa)
Remove 'g) E ceases to own all of their mimsy entities.' and reletter, in
rule 4 (Players and Player States)
The Little Lamb is destroyed.

------------------------------

From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 4344
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 14:44:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999 [email-masked] wrote:

I take possesion of teh little lamb!

rurufzs

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4345
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 14:48:45 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4345
Old harf - time to die
Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
Due: Sun Sep  5 14:48:44 1999
Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance

Emperor Ai! Pedrito! loses 10 points and Alfvaen gains 10 points.

repeal the following Universe-related rules:

1-1-1 (Gravity, a reprise)
10-6 (we don't need gravity...)
10-7 (if we don't need gravity...)

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4346
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 15:16:30 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4346
Gnomesday on the ASS
Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
Due: Sun Sep  5 15:16:29 1999
Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance

Renumber rule 1-2-8-2 to be a child of Entity Uniqueness (7-2)

Create a rule, 7-2-7-1, ASS Song: The Gnome, with the following
SYD_BARRETT-delimited text

----------------------------
SYD_BARRETT

Title: The Gnome

Artist: Pink Floyd

Trigger: Whenever it becomes August 28th

Effect:

THIS_WILL_BE_REPLACED

Duration: 1 day.

Explanation:

"And then one day - hooray!  Another way for gnomes to say  Hoooooooooray.
Hooooooooooooooray." [The Gnome, Pink Floyd]

SYD_BARRETT
-----------------------------

In the rule Yes, Virginia, remove the text: "August 28th, known as
Gnomesday, is a Holiday, and a time of great happiness and jocularity for
Acka." [The fact that it is a holiday is already screwed up -- it messes
with proposals coming due and hearings and other stuff too.]

Replace THIS_WILL_BE_REPLACED in the rule that was just created, 7-2-7-1,
ASS Song: The Gnome, with all of the rule Yes, Virginia beginning after "He
returns home at midnight."

In rule 7-2-7-1, ASS Song: The Gnome, perform the following changes:

replace 'on Gnomesday' with 'while this song is playing.
replace 'players of Acka on this day' with 'players of Acka at exactly noon
if this song is playing on the ASS.

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4347
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 15:25:00 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4347
Gnomesday on the ASS Mark II
Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
Due: Sun Sep  5 15:24:59 1999
Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance

Renumber rule 1-2-8-2 to be a child of Entity Uniqueness (7-2)

Create a rule, 7-2-7-1, ASS Song: The Gnome, with the following
SYD_BARRETT-delimited text

----------------------------
SYD_BARRETT

Title: The Gnome

Artist: Pink Floyd

Trigger: Whenever it becomes August 28th

Effect:

THIS_WILL_BE_REPLACED

Duration: 1 day.

Explanation:

"And then one day - hooray!  Another way for gnomes to say  Hoooooooooray.
Hooooooooooooooray." [The Gnome, Pink Floyd]

SYD_BARRETT
-----------------------------

In the rule Yes, Virginia, remove the text: "August 28th, known as
Gnomesday, is a Holiday, and a time of great happiness and jocularity for
Acka." [The fact that it is a holiday is already screwed up -- it messes
with proposals coming due and hearings and other stuff too.]

Replace THIS_WILL_BE_REPLACED in the rule that was just created, 7-2-7-1,
ASS Song: The Gnome, with all of the rule Yes, Virginia beginning after "He
returns home at midnight."

In rule 7-2-7-1, ASS Song: The Gnome, perform the following changes:

replace 'on Gnomesday' with 'while this song is playing.'
replace 'players of Acka on this day' with 'players of Acka at exactly noon
if this song is playing on the ASS.'

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4348
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 20:18:19 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4348
This is a boring harfy proposal
Red Mao Gang
Due: Sun Sep  5 20:18:17 1999
Sphere: Hypnotist of Ladies

{{[
    I realized as I was perusing the rules that a proposal could be both
    boring and harfy, and this seems kind of odd to me, so I'm going to
    attempt to fix it.   I also fix null, harfy proposals.
    The gist is, that a null proposal can never be harfy (even if it's
    declared to be harfy).  Also a harfy proposal can not ever be boring.
]}}

Amend rule 2-2-1 (Scoring When A Proposal's Voting Results are Reported)
by replacing the following BORING_AND_NULL delimited text
BORING_AND_NULL
   VI. Null Proposals

   If an accepted proposal does not become a new rule or generate at
   least one valid effect under Rule 2, then it is a "Null Proposal". No
   points are scored by any player via the preceding provisions of this
   rule from the acceptance of a Null Proposal.

   VII. Boring Proposals A proposal is Boring if and only if the majority
   of votes cast on it, ignoring votes of exactly 60 or -60, were between
   -59 and 59 inclusive. The above provisions notwithstanding, no points
   are scored by any player as a result of a Boring proposal being
   accepted or rejected.
BORING_AND_NULL

with the following BORING_NULL_HARFY delimited text
BORING_NULL_HARFY
   VI. Null Proposals

   If an accepted proposal does not become a new rule or generate at
   least one valid effect under Rule 2, then it is a "Null Proposal". No
   points are scored by any player via the preceding provisions of this
   rule from the acceptance of a Null Proposal.   If a Null proposal had
   been declared Harfy, then no change shall be made to its author's score
   nor shall its author gain the title of Harfmeister.   This section
   takes precedence over any rules with which it conflicts.

   VII. Boring Proposals

   A proposal is Boring if and only if the majority of votes cast on it,
   ignoring votes of exactly 60 or -60, were between -59 and 59 inclusive
   and the proposal was not declared Harfy.  The above provisions
   notwithstanding, no points are scored by any player as a result of a
   Boring proposal being accepted or rejected.
BORING_NULL_HARFY

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4349
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 21:02:36 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4349
Order of the Hyperactive Aardvark
Reductio
Due: Sun Sep  5 21:02:35 1999
Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance

Reductio loses 5 points and Red Mao Gang gains 5 points.

Append the following quoted text, "Order of the Hyperactive Aardvark
(HA)", to Rule 4-10 where appropriate.

Create rule 3-99 with the following text delimited by OLDER_FIXUP

   OLDER_FIXUP
   
All players (on-ice, vacationing and active) immediately recieve ranks
in the Order of the Hyperactive Aardvark based on the proposals which
they submitted during their first three months as a player of Ackanomic.
This clause takes precedence over all rules with which it conflicts,
most especially rule 4.

After all players have recieved the ranks in the Order of the
Hyperactive Aardvark granted by this rule, this rule repeals itself.

   [This is needed so that it can in fact take precedence over rule 4
since if it was numbered anything higher than 4, 4 would win the
precedence battle since it claims precedence over all rules]

   OLDER_FIXUP

Create a new Rule 4-10-2 named The Hyperactive Aardvark with the
following SCARED_ANTS-delimited text:

SCARED_ANTS

{{[While I researched for this proposal, I noticed that there's really
not all that many people who fall within the bounds of the three-month
portion of the proposal who are more recent players. Perhaps an
incentive for new players to put audacious proposals (by the standard of
Newbies, who may feel slightly awkward at the
weirdness of it all) out early might get them more involved in the game
in the long run.

If this proposal passes, I offer to help the Financier find out just who
should get this order.]}}

The auspicious Order of the Hyperactive Aardvark seeks to recognize
those people with an inordinate compulsion to create rules and
ammendments as swiftly as possible in Ackanomic.

The Order's breadth extends from the period 3 months after the founding
of Ackanomic [because the initial rule set was sparse enough that the
first bunch of rules were created quickly and without much difficulty]
to however long the Rule remains in the rule set.

During the first three months after a player has joined Ackanomic, any
proposal which they authored which creates at least one new rule gains
the author the next successive rank in the Order of the Hyperactive
Aardvark.

After the first three months, a player may gain membership or successive
ranks in the Order of the Hyperactive Ardvark by passing 8 non-boring,
non-null proposals within a calendar month.   No more than one rank may
be gained in the Order of the Hyperactive Aardvark during any given
month.

SCARED_ANTS

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4350
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 22:06:00 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4350
A little thing.  If only there were another way...
else...if
Due: Sun Sep  5 22:05:59 1999
Sphere: Hypnotist of Ladies

	In rule 3-6, replace "CFCJs in which player X has not committed crime Y for more that 30 days" with "CFCJs in which player X had not committed crime Y for more than 30 days prior to the time the CFCJ was first distributed"

------------------------------

End of acka-voting Digest V4 #182
*********************************