Subject: acka-voting Digest V4 #178
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-voting digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 00:00:13 -0400 (EDT)

acka-voting Digest	Tuesday, August 24 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 178

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4334
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 04:32:17 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4334
Welcome to the Jungle 4334
K 2
Due: Tue Aug 31 04:32:14 1999
Sphere: All Canadians're Kind & Amiable

Make Rule 7-1-13 (Le Grand Fromage) a decedent of Rule 4-8 (Quests Rule
Suite) and make it read in full:
"
Condition: A player owns one of each type of cheese defined in this
rule.
Reward: A Winning Condition.
Medal: A Harf Coloured Fondue Set

{{The players with (or formerly with) the names Dragon Mage, Alfvaen and
/dev/joe each receive A Harf Coloured Fondue Set.}}

When the condition for this quest is fulfilled all cheeses are
destroyed. 

There exists a class of non-tradable entity known as cheeses. There are
five varieties of cheeses, each with an associated condition. These are: 

1. Stilton: the ten most recent proposals e authored for which valid
voting results have been released were all accepted. 
2. Cheddar: E has had three harfy proposals accepted. 
3. Edam: E has held five offices. If a player is impeached an Edam is
created in eir possession and then all of eir edams are destroyed.
4. Gouda: E has won a game of grab a donkey or won three Games &
Contests containing five or more players.
5. Brie: E has won a Duel. If a player owns a brie when they lose a
Duel, that brie is destroyed. 

A player receives a cheese when e achieves its associated condition
since the creation of this rule or the most recent destruction of their
cheese of that type, whichever is more recent.

If a player owns more than one of any given variety of cheese then all
but one of that variety are destroyed.
"

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4335
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 20:04:46 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4335
The Unkindest Cut of All
Rachel L Walmsley
Due: Tue Aug 31 20:04:44 1999
Sphere: Wombles of Wibbledon

[ Our ultimate goal here at WoW is to "replace the Rules for Ackanomic
with the rules for draughts," where "draughts" may be taken as an
unambiguous misspelling of "checkers."  Our straightforward attacks have
failed; perhaps lateral thinking can still save the day. ]

Replace each instance of the string "Ackanomic" in the Rules and all other
Official Documents with the string "The Rules for Checkers".

The Four Tops' "Same Old Song (With A Different Meaning Since You've Been
Gone)" begins playing on the ASS.

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4336
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 20:05:13 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4336
A More Prefect Union
Rachel L Walmsley
Due: Tue Aug 31 20:05:13 1999
Sphere: Wombles of Wibbledon

[ Certain players seem to think the amount of Crime in Ackanomic is
insufficient.  Let's show them.  All we have to do is ] create a new Rule,
numbered as the Rule-Harfer chooses, (in the Crime section, wherever that
is today, would be a good idea), entitled "The Caped Crusader Lives!" with
the following MIAMI-delimited text:

MIAMI
There is nothing wrong with Ackanomic's Crime rules as they stand.  To
insinuate otherwise is to commit the heinous Crime of Insubordination,
which shall be punished as harshly as possible.  Suggested penalties
include: being forced to listen to (and summarize) heated debates on
pointless topics, such as whether Acka has an "economy"; being locked in
the Library while the ASS is stuck on maximum volume playing Back Street
Boys; and refereeing a game of Word Un-Association.

The Crime Rules are perfect.  Ackanomic is perfect.

The Chartreuse Goose is your friend.

Are *you* happy, Citizen?
MIAMI

------------------------------

End of acka-voting Digest V4 #178
*********************************