Subject: acka-voting Digest V4 #168
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-voting digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 00:00:09 -0400 (EDT)

acka-voting Digest	Saturday, August 14 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 168

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4323
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 12:01:37 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4323
The stately states of Ackanomic
else...if
Due: Sat Aug 21 12:01:35 1999
Sphere: Hypnotist of Ladies

	{{[Much of the later part of this rule is unchanged, and is included for ease
in understanding the way states would work after this prop]}}
	In the rules, replace all occurances of "Voting or Non-Voting" with "Active".
	Amend rule 4 to read as delimited by 51STSTATE
51STSTATE
	I. Player States
   
	All natural persons exist in exactly one of the following states:
	Active
	Vacationing
	On Ice
	Non-Player

	Those natural persons, and only those natural persons, who are not
Non-Players are Players.  Players are named, unownable, entities.  Non-Players
may observe the game and participate in discussions, but their posts shall not
affect the game state except as described in rule 4-1.  Non-Players are not
entities.
	No natural person may be associated with more than one player concurrently.
No matter how many times a person legally registers as a player in Ackanomic,
that person is always considered the same player. [That is, if a player quits
and later rejoins, e is considered the same player.]
	Active Players are Intelligent, Trading Entities.
	Vacationing or On Ice players (collectively known as Inactive players), or
Non-Players, are neither Intelligent nor Trading.
	II. Player-related Definitions
	a) Only Active players may be randomly selected for anything, except where
the rules specifically allow Inactive players to be selected.
	b) Inactive players may only leave the game, change their state, or send
public messages; they may perform no other actions.
	c) Where the rules refer to a "Vacationing" player, that specifically means a
player whose state is "Vacationing".
	d) A "Newbie" is a Player whose AckaAge is less than 21 days.
	e) A Player's AckaAge is the length of time since they first registered as a
Player of Ackanomic (or since when the game started, whichever is less).
	f) A "pending" Player is a Voting Player who has not voted on a proposal
since their most recent registration.
	g) A Player who has changed eir state from On Ice less than 21 days
ago having been On Ice continuously for at least 90 days prior to that, is
also a newbie. At any time while e is still a newbie, e may request that the
registrar select a mentor for em.

	III. Changing State

	A Player may change eir state as a public action by announcing the new player
state, provided e has not changed eir state as a public action during the past
3 days, and provided e follows all other restrictions placed on eir ability to
change states. When a player voluntarily ceases to be Vacationing if e did not
specify a new player state, e becomes Active. A player may never voluntarily
change eir state to Non-Player, but may have eir state changed to Non-Player
through the action of the rules. Whenever a player's state or level is
changed, the appropriate following section applies to them

	IV. Activity Levels
	All Players are either Voting or Non-Voting.  The activity level is latent
while the player is Inactive, however when the player becomes Active again eir
Voting/Non-Voting status is preserved.

	V. Upon Becoming Non-Voting:
	a) E is treated as having declined judgement on all CFJs that have been
assigned to em, and treated as having failed to return a verdict on any e has
accepted. This includes those for which the three day limit for declining has
passed; no deadbeat penalty is assigned, and the CFJ is randomly assigned as
in Rule 3-1.
	b) E is removed from all offices non-voting players cannot hold, and removed
from the list of candidates in any Election or Nomination for an office
non-voting players cannot hold.
	c) E is removed from the mentor pool.

	VI. Upon Becoming (and while) Vacationing:
	a) Their expected duration of Vacation is set at 28 days if unspecified,
otherwise it is calculated as 14 days plus the specified duration, with an
overriding minimum of 3 days and maximum of 75 days. (Durations specified as a
range of time are assumed to span from the time of specification until the end
of the specified range of time.) Players who go on Vacation voluntarily may
specify a duration at the time they specify they are going on Vacation.
	b) Upon having been on vacation for a period of time in excess of the
expected duration of eir vacation, their state is changed to On Ice.

	VII. Upon Becoming (and while) On Ice:
	a) They are removed from any offices they hold.
	b) Section IV is applied as if they became Non-Voting.
	c) All their existing votes on proposals, elections, and hearings whose
results have not yet been released are canceled.
	d) Their score is set to 0. Players who are On Ice never gain or lose points,
nor do they ever gain entities.
	e) They are removed from all Institutions of which they are a member.
	f) If the Player never voted, their state is changed to Non-Player.
	g) E ceases to own all of their mimsy entities.
	h) Upon being On-Ice for 90 days, their state is changed to Non-Player,
unless they (or their likeness) is enshrined in the Hall of Elders, in which
case they will never become a Non-Player.

   VIII. Upon Becoming a Non-Player:
	a) E is removed from the CFJ Ineligibility List if possible.
	b) E ceases to own all of eir entities. Any non-tradeable entities which
became wholly unowned after the application of the previous sentence are
destroyed.
	 This rule has precedence over all other rules.  Where rules other than this
one refer to Voting or Non-Voting players, they are assumed to refer only to
Active Voting or Active Non-Voting players unless they specifically include
Inactive players.
51STSTATE

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4324
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 12:12:20 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4324
The stately states of Ackanomic
else...if
Due: Sat Aug 21 12:12:20 1999
Sphere: Hypnotist of Ladies

	{{[Much of the later part of this rule is unchanged, and is included for ease
in understanding the way states would work after this prop]}}
	In the rules, replace all occurances of "Voting or Non-Voting" with "Active".
	Amend rule 4 to read as delimited by 51STSTATE
51STSTATE
	I. Player States
   
	All natural persons exist in exactly one of the following states:
	Active
	Vacationing
	On Ice
	Non-Player

	Those natural persons, and only those natural persons, who are not
Non-Players are Players.  Players are named, unownable, entities.  Non-Players
may observe the game and participate in discussions, but their posts shall not
affect the game state except as described in rule 4-1.  Non-Players are not
entities.
	No natural person may be associated with more than one player concurrently.
No matter how many times a person legally registers as a player in Ackanomic,
that person is always considered the same player. [That is, if a player quits
and later rejoins, e is considered the same player.]
	Active Players are Intelligent, Trading Entities.
	Vacationing or On Ice players (collectively known as Inactive players), or
Non-Players, are neither Intelligent nor Trading.
	II. Player-related Definitions
	a) Only Active players may be randomly selected for anything, except where
the rules specifically allow Inactive players to be selected.
	b) Inactive players may only leave the game, change their state, or send
public messages; they may perform no other actions.
	c) Where the rules refer to a "Vacationing" player, that specifically means a
player whose state is "Vacationing".
	d) A "Newbie" is a Player whose AckaAge is less than 21 days.
	e) A Player's AckaAge is the length of time since they first registered as a
Player of Ackanomic (or since when the game started, whichever is less).
	f) A "pending" Player is a Voting Player who has not voted on a proposal
since their most recent registration.
	g) A Player who has changed eir state from On Ice less than 21 days
ago having been On Ice continuously for at least 90 days prior to that, is
also a newbie. At any time while e is still a newbie, e may request that the
registrar select a mentor for em.

	III. Changing State

	A Player may change eir state as a public action by announcing the new player
state, provided e has not changed eir state as a public action during the past
3 days, and provided e follows all other restrictions placed on eir ability to
change states. When a player voluntarily ceases to be Vacationing if e did not
specify a new player state, e becomes Active. A player may never voluntarily
change eir state to Non-Player, but may have eir state changed to Non-Player
through the action of the rules. Whenever a player's state or level is
changed, the appropriate following section applies to them

	IV. Activity Levels
	All Players are either Voting or Non-Voting.  The activity level is latent
while the player is Inactive, however when the player becomes Active again eir
Voting/Non-Voting status is preserved.

	V. Upon Becoming Non-Voting:
	a) E is treated as having declined judgement on all CFJs that have been
assigned to em, and treated as having failed to return a verdict on any e has
accepted. This includes those for which the three day limit for declining has
passed; no deadbeat penalty is assigned, and the CFJ is randomly assigned as
in Rule 3-1.
	b) E is removed from all offices non-voting players cannot hold, and removed
from the list of candidates in any Election or Nomination for an office
non-voting players cannot hold.
	c) E is removed from the mentor pool.

	VI. Upon Becoming (and while) Vacationing:
	a) Their expected duration of Vacation is set at 28 days if unspecified,
otherwise it is calculated as 14 days plus the specified duration, with an
overriding minimum of 3 days and maximum of 75 days. (Durations specified as a
range of time are assumed to span from the time of specification until the end
of the specified range of time.) Players who go on Vacation voluntarily may
specify a duration at the time they specify they are going on Vacation.
	b) Upon having been on vacation for a period of time in excess of the
expected duration of eir vacation, their state is changed to On Ice.

	VII. Upon Becoming (and while) On Ice:
	a) They are removed from any offices they hold.
	b) Section V is applied as if they became Non-Voting.
	c) All their existing votes on proposals, elections, and hearings whose
results have not yet been released are canceled.
	d) Their score is set to 0. Players who are On Ice never gain or lose points,
nor do they ever gain entities.
	e) They are removed from all Institutions of which they are a member.
	f) If the Player never voted, their state is changed to Non-Player.
	g) E ceases to own all of their mimsy entities.
	h) Upon being On-Ice for 90 days, their state is changed to Non-Player,
unless they (or their likeness) is enshrined in the Hall of Elders, in which
case they will never become a Non-Player.

   VIII. Upon Becoming a Non-Player:
	a) E is removed from the CFJ Ineligibility List if possible.
	b) E ceases to own all of eir entities. Any non-tradeable entities which
became wholly unowned after the application of the previous sentence are
destroyed.
	 This rule has precedence over all other rules.  Where rules other than this
one refer to Voting or Non-Voting players, they are assumed to refer only to
Active Voting or Active Non-Voting players unless they specifically include
Inactive players.
51STSTATE

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4325
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 12:31:23 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4325
The stately states of Ackanomic
else...if
Due: Sat Aug 21 12:31:22 1999
Sphere: Hypnotist of Ladies

	{{[Much of the later part of this rule is unchanged, and is included for ease
in understanding the way states would work after this prop]}}
	{{Reduce else...if's score by 2 points and increase /dev/joe's by 2.}}
	{{In the rules, replace all occurances of "Voting or Non-Voting" with
"Active".}}
	Amend rule 4 to read as delimited by 51STSTATE
51STSTATE
	I. Player States
   
	All natural persons exist in exactly one of the following states:
	Active
	Vacationing
	On Ice
	Non-Player

	Those natural persons, and only those natural persons, who are not
Non-Players are Players.  Players are named, unownable, entities.  Non-Players
may observe the game and participate in discussions, but their posts shall not
affect the game state except as described in rule 4-1.  Non-Players are not
entities.
	No natural person may be associated with more than one player concurrently.
No matter how many times a person legally registers as a player in Ackanomic,
that person is always considered the same player. [That is, if a player quits
and later rejoins, e is considered the same player.]
	Active Players are Intelligent, Trading Entities.
	Vacationing or On Ice players (collectively known as Inactive players), or
Non-Players, are neither Intelligent nor Trading.
	II. Player-related Definitions
	a) Only Active players may be randomly selected for anything, except where
the rules specifically allow Inactive players to be selected.
	b) Inactive players may only leave the game, change their state, or send
public messages; they may perform no other actions.
	c) Where the rules refer to a "Vacationing" player, that specifically means a
player whose state is "Vacationing".
	d) A "Newbie" is a Player whose AckaAge is less than 21 days.
	e) A Player's AckaAge is the length of time since they first registered as a
Player of Ackanomic (or since when the game started, whichever is less).
	f) A "pending" Player is a Voting Player who has not voted on a proposal
since their most recent registration.
	g) A Player who has changed eir state from On Ice less than 21 days
ago having been On Ice continuously for at least 90 days prior to that, is
also a newbie. At any time while e is still a newbie, e may request that the
registrar select a mentor for em.

	III. Changing State

	A Player may change eir state as a public action by announcing the new player
state, provided e has not changed eir state as a public action during the past
3 days, and provided e follows all other restrictions placed on eir ability to
change states. When a player voluntarily ceases to be Vacationing if e did not
specify a new player state, e becomes Active. A player may never voluntarily
change eir state to Non-Player, but may have eir state changed to Non-Player
through the action of the rules. Whenever a player's state or level is
changed, the appropriate following section applies to them

	IV. Activity Levels
	All Players are either Voting or Non-Voting.  The activity level is latent
while the player is Inactive, however when the player becomes Active again eir
Voting/Non-Voting status is preserved.

	V. Upon Becoming Non-Voting:
	a) E is treated as having declined judgement on all CFJs that have been
assigned to em, and treated as having failed to return a verdict on any e has
accepted. This includes those for which the three day limit for declining has
passed; no deadbeat penalty is assigned, and the CFJ is randomly assigned as
in Rule 3-1.
	b) E is removed from all offices non-voting players cannot hold, and removed
from the list of candidates in any Election or Nomination for an office
non-voting players cannot hold.
	c) E is removed from the mentor pool.

	VI. Upon Becoming (and while) Vacationing:
	a) Their expected duration of Vacation is set at 28 days if unspecified,
otherwise it is calculated as 14 days plus the specified duration, with an
overriding minimum of 3 days and maximum of 75 days. (Durations specified as a
range of time are assumed to span from the time of specification until the end
of the specified range of time.) Players who go on Vacation voluntarily may
specify a duration at the time they specify they are going on Vacation.
	b) Upon having been on vacation for a period of time in excess of the
expected duration of eir vacation, their state is changed to On Ice.

	VII. Upon Becoming (and while) On Ice:
	a) They are removed from any offices they hold.
	b) Section V is applied as if they became Non-Voting.
	c) All their existing votes on proposals, elections, and hearings whose
results have not yet been released are canceled.
	d) Their score is set to 0. Players who are On Ice never gain or lose points,
nor do they ever gain entities.
	e) They are removed from all Institutions of which they are a member.
	f) If the Player never voted, their state is changed to Non-Player.
	g) E ceases to own all of their mimsy entities.
	h) Upon being On-Ice for 90 days, their state is changed to Non-Player,
unless they (or their likeness) is enshrined in the Hall of Elders, in which
case they will never become a Non-Player.

   VIII. Upon Becoming a Non-Player:
	a) E is removed from the CFJ Ineligibility List if possible.
	b) E ceases to own all of eir entities. Any non-tradeable entities which
became wholly unowned after the application of the previous sentence are
destroyed.
	 This rule has precedence over all other rules.  Where rules other than this
one refer to Voting or Non-Voting players, they are assumed to refer only to
Active Voting or Active Non-Voting players unless they specifically include
Inactive players.
51STSTATE
	{{Make all Voting and Non-Voting players Active with the same level as their
state was previously.  Make the level of all Vacationing and On Ice players
the same as the most recent active state they held.}}

------------------------------

End of acka-voting Digest V4 #168
*********************************