Subject: acka-voting Digest V4 #165
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-voting digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 00:00:10 -0400 (EDT)

acka-voting Digest	Wednesday, August 11 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 165

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4309
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 02:53:48 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4309
MORE fair voting
Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
Due: Wed Aug 18 02:53:47 1999
Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance

[I was glancing through the officer rules and I saw that the problem that
was pointed out with presidential elections occurs in other elections too
(Speaker, for example).  I think a better way to deal with the problem than
on a case basis (e.g. P4301) is to stomp it out at its root.]

Emperor Ai! Pedrito! loses 4 points
Slakko gains 2 points
else...if gains 2 points

If Proposal 4301 passed, remove the final sentence of the second paragraph
of rule 6-5-1 (President).

Amend Rule 6-2 by replacing the final sentence of section (i) d) with the
following:

"
When Count Tabula counts the votes for this election, all votes cast by
players for the withdrawn nominee will instead be counted as if they were
cast for the player the withdrawn nominee named.
"

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4294 accepted
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 03:43:25 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4294

Subcommittee vote for: 180   against:0
Subcommittee Acceptance Index: 180.0
Passed subcommittee
Total vote for: 694   Total vote against:-159
Acceptance Index: 455.5: proposal accepted

** This proposal was boring! ** 
4 sub-60 votes out of 7 non-60 votes total.

Votes to accept:
  /dev/joe               60    +20  ==> 3306
  Pregnant Hippo         42    +20  ==> 618
  else...if              60    +20  ==> 1617
  Alfvaen               100         ==> 733
  Studge                 60    +20  ==> 1533
  ThinMan                60    +20  ==> 1976
  King Felix             60    +20  ==> 2088
  A German Dog           60    +20  ==> 3469
  Slakko                 60    +20  ==> 726
  Niccolo Flychuck       60    +20  ==> 80
  K 2                    72    +14  ==> 803

Zero Votes:
  IdiotBoy                0    +20  ==> 597
  Eggplant Tempura        0    +20  ==> 770

Votes to reject:
  Blest Lax Monk Pal   -100         ==> 699
  Emperor Ai! Pedrito!  -59    +20  ==> 722

Abstainers:
  Calvin N Hobbes      
  404 Not Found        
  Vynd                 
  rufus                
  Kane                 
  Pure Haste           
  and                  
  danke                
  Burn the Witch       
  two-star             

 Subject: Acka: Proposal 4294
 
 Proposal 4294
 Feet. Rug. Pull.
 Slakko
 Due: Wed Aug 11 03:37:46 1999
 Sphere: Hypnotist of Ladies
 Status: accepted

 Amend Rule 7-14 as follows:
 
 Delete subsection 3 of section I.
 [This removes the optional office of RuneMaker from existence.]
 
 Delete section III.
 [This removes the notion of Otzma Days, irrelevant when there is no
 Runemaker.]
 
 Rename section IV as section III.
 Rename section V as section IV.

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4310
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 03:55:16 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4310
Emperor Ai! Pedrito!'s Minor Cleanup Prop
Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
Due: Wed Aug 18 03:55:15 1999
Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance

If this proposal was not boring, Emperor Ai! Pedrito! loses 10 points.

Delete the last sentence of the first paragraph of rule 6-4-11-1 (CSR) 
*[All of it is out of date now]
In rule 7-14-14 (Roulette Wheel) replace 'RuneMaker' with 'OiCoRT'
*[RuneMaker is gone the way of the dodo...]

In rule 6-4-1 (Speaker), remove item iv and renumber the items.
In rule 6-4-2 (COTC), remove the last sentence.
*[Funny.  They BOTH make COTC the standin for the Speaker, but 6-2 defines
the Cabinet and has precedence -- and is a better way to run things anyways.]

In rule 4-4-5-2 (Dishonourable Acts), remove the text 'or PWCFJ ' 
*[old, old, stuff]

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4311
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 05:52:08 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4311
We Have a Zero Crime Rate
Slakko
Due: Wed Aug 18 05:52:07 1999
Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance

Repeal Rule 3-6, "Criminal Justice".

Create a new Rule, numbered 9-2, titled "Infringement Notices", with the
following TIN-delimited text:

TIN
It is a privilege of the Office of Justice to issue Infringement Notices.
Infringement Notices shall be numbered in ascending (preferably
consecutive) order from 101, and may be referred to as INx, where x is
their number.

Infringement Notices are issued by posting them to a public forum.  An
Infringement Notice must include the following items:
(a) The name of an Ackanomic player.
(b) The name of a Crime.
(c) The date the crime in part (b) was committed by the player in part
(a), where this date is more recent than 30 days prior to the date of
issuance of the IN.
(d) A penalty, which shall be a fine of no more than A$100.

No two INs may contain the same values for (a),(b), and (c) - any attempt
to issue a second IN with the same values as a previous IN does not
actually result in the issuance of an IN.

The player named in section (a) of the IN has seven (7) days to either
reject or accept the IN.  If no response is made within the 7 days the IN
will be deemed to have been accepted.

When the IN is accepted, then the amount of the penalty will be
transferred from the player to the Treasury.  If this would result in the
player having a negative number of A$, however, the player's state is
changed to Vacationing.

If the IN is rejected, a Kangaroo Court, which is a Type of Hearing, shall
be called.  The valid responses are "Guilty" and "Innocent".  The Justice
who issued the IN shall be Hearing Harfer, and only responses from
Justices shall be recorded.  This paragraph overrides Rule 5, "Hearings", 
in the event of a conflict.

If the verdict of the Hearing is "Guilty", then the player named in the IN
shall pay double the penalty (even if such payment results in em going
into debt), and shall be placed on Vacation.

If the verdict of the Hearing is "Innocent", then the Justice who issued
the IN shall pay the penalty to the Treasury (even if such payment results
in em going into debt).
TIN

[Now to remove CFCJ references in the rules.]

In Rule 1-4, delete the text "or CFCJ penalty," from Section 2.

Delete section (iv) from Rule 3-1 and renumber other sections
accordingly.

Delete the third paragraph of Rule 6-5-8-1, "Heraldry".
[This deals with abatements for having CFCJ verdicts against people.  It
seems unnecessarily pointless.]

Delete "or CFCJ" wherever it occurs in Rule 7, "Entities".

Delete section 2) of the list of permissible actions in Rule 9-1, "Gaol",
and renumber the other sections accordingly.
Amend section 8) of the list of permissible actions in Rule 9-1 by 
deleting the text "or CFCJ".

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4312
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:05:43 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4312
Emperor Ai! Pedrito!'s Massive Entities Re-org v1.0.1
Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
Due: Wed Aug 18 11:05:41 1999
Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance

[The only changes from the last version are:
1. this comment
2. I give ThinMan 1 of the points I was previously giving myself
3. I fix the error he pointed out.]

[Really take a good long look at this before you vote no on it.  I don't
completely like everything it does (for example, I don't think there NEEDS
to be a Silly Vacation Hat Rule); however, it cleans up entities in a way
that should have been done a long time ago.  For example, look at the
current state of rule 2-4.  The poor thing defines BCR, all the awards, how
to get all the awards, and a MOON.  I like all of that.  But not in the
same rule.  I think we should be more careful about where we put these
things.  IMHO, this prop makes entities a lot more logical.  The only real
change I make is to make Medals count as Garments (which only makes sense,
since you wear them).]

The rule-harfer gains 2 points
ThinMan gains 1 point
[I know, I'm giving myself points, but this is going to be pure hell to
harf.  It's still a good prop.  Don't vote against it, please...]

Remove the first paragraph and the first four sentences of the second
paragraph of Rule 7-1 (Entity Ownership) and append them to Rule 7 (Entities)

Rename Rule 7-1 to "Ownable Entities"

Renumber Rule 7-13 (Garments, Especially Hats) to be a child of Ownable
Entities, and rename it "Garments".  Replace 'at most one hat' in the rule
with 'at most one hat for each head e has'
[*I'm not changing anything -- I paid careful attention to AIGR and Agenda
Hat rules about heads*]

Renumber 1-2-2-1 (Spellbooks) to be a child of Ownable Entities.

In rule 1-2-8-2 (Yes, Virginia):
replace 'non-tradeable entity.  The Voting Gnome owns himself.' with
'unownable entity.'
Move all of item I except the first sentence to a new rule, entitled 'Lumps
of Coal', a child of Ownable Entities. 
In item II, remove all but the first sentence.  [I put this stuff into a
reworded rule below.]
Move the second paragraph of item IV to a new rule, entitled 'The Huge
Gaudily Wrapped Present', a child of Ownable Entities.
Remove the last sentence of the rule [currently says: 'dress pants are
Garments']

Create a rule entitled "Silly Vacation Hats" as a child of Garments, with
the following text:
"Silly Vacation Hats are non-tradeable Hats. An active player who owns a
Silly Vacation Hat without a description has seven days to post a name and
description for eir hat. If e fails to do so, then at the end of the seven
days the Hat in question is destroyed."

Create a rule entitled "Standard Garments" as a child of Garments, with the
following text:
'Dress Pants are Garments.  
Champion's Cloaks are regal non-tradeable Garments of the color(s) and
design of their owner's choice.  It is customary for the owner of a
Champion's Cloak to describe it within 3 days of acquiring it.  A player
wearing a Champion's Cloak may request to be called, "Exalted One," or the
honorific of eir choice.  It is not necessary to honor such requests.'

Create a rule, a child of Garments, entitled "Medals", with the following
text:
"Medals are nameless nontradable Garments.  When needed, they are created
(and destroyed) by the Frobozz Magic Medal Company, Ackanomic Division."

Create a rule, a child of Medals, entitled "BCR Medals" with the text:
"Blue Crosses, Silver Stripes, Gold Stripes, and Ruby Slippers are Medals."

Create a rule, a child of Ownable Entities, entitled Blue Cross Bonus, with
the following text:
"A Blue Cross Bonus is a nontradeable entity." 

[We will add more to these rules presently]

For rule 2-4 or 4-10-1 [depending on the passage of 4299] (Blue Cross):
remove item 2 and append the first two sentences of it to Blue Cross Bonus.
remove items 4, 5, the penultimate paragraph, and the last sentence of the
rule, and append them to BCR Medals (without the numbering 4 and 5 and
without the final sentence of item 5).
remove item 3 and append it to Blue Cross Bonus (without the 3).
Remove the new final sentence [Kansas is a moon] and append it to rule 10
(Geography)
Remove the remaining numbering of the rule.[1 and 6].

Remove the first sentence of the second paragraph and the second sentence
of the third paragraph of rule 3-2-1 (Bronze Torch), insert at the
beginning of the rule the sentence: "Bronze Torches are Medals.", and
renumber it to be a child of Medals.

In rule 4-5 (A degree proves you're educated), replace "untradeable" with
"unownable"

In rule 4-8 (Quests) remove the sentence that reads:
"All medals for completed quests are made by the Frobozz Magic Medal
Company, Ackanomic Division."
In the same rule, capitalize the word 'medal' wherever it may appear
(including plurals, etc.)

Renumber Rule 6-5-8-1 (Heraldry) to be a child of Ownable Entities
Renumber Rule 7-11 (Prosthetic Foreheads) to be a child of Ownable Entities
Renumber Rule 7-14 (Definition of Otzma Cards) to be a child of Ownable
Entities
Move the final sentence of rule 7-15 to be the first sentence of 7-15, and
renumber it to be a child of Ownable Entities.
Renumber Rules 7-16 (ASS), 7-18 (RBBT), and 8-2-1 (Fat Lady) to be children
of 7-2 (Entity Uniqueness).

Append to rule 8:
"A player who owns a Goose Card may not win the Cycle except as specified
in this rule."

Append to item b of rule 8-2:
"each player who owns at least one Chartreuse Goose Card has one Chartreuse
Goose Card in eir possession destroyed"

Remove the second and penultimate paragraphs of rule 8-1 (Goose Cards &
other fine pieces of paper) [The two phrases I just appended to rules 8 and
8-2] and renumber it to be a child of Ownable Entities.

Renumber rule 8-2-2 (Eggs and Fruit) to be a child of Ownable Entities.

Amend rule 8-2-3 (Marks of the Champion) to read as follows:
'Badges of Glory are elaborate Medals of various designs.  It is customary
for the owner of a Badge of Glory to describe it within 3 days of acquiring
it.  A player who owns a Badge of Glory may request to be called, "Exalted
One," or the honorific of eir choice.  It is not necessary to honor such
requests.'
and renumber it to be a child of Medals.

Put the second paragraph, the first sentence of the third paragraph, the
fourth paragraph, and the last paragraph of rule 8-6-1 (Nemesis Eggplants
and Agenda Hats) into a new rule called "Agenda Hats", a child of Garments.

Rename rule 8-6-1 (Nemesis Eggplants and Agenda Hats) to "Nemesis
Eggplants" and renumber it to be a child of Ownable Entities.

Renumber rule 8-7 (Le Grand Fromage) to be a child of Ownable Entities.
Create a new rule 8-7, entitled "Winning by Cheese" and move the phrase
"Whenever a voting player owns one of each type of cheese, and has not
achieved a Winning Condition this way since the last time all cheeses were
destroyed by this rule at the end of a cycle, e achieves a Winning
Condition. If anyone wins a Cycle by this method then all cheeses are
destroyed at the end of that Cycle." from Le Grand Fromage to be the text
of this new rule.

Alter Rule 10-1-7 (AIGR) by replacing "A player with an extra head may wear
one more piece of headwear than would otherwise be allowed. [See also rule
7-13]" with "[See also rule XXXX]", where XXXX is replaced with the new
number of the rule "Garments" 
[*I am not changing the meaning here -- I merely put it into the Garments
rule above*]

Renumber rule 12-2 (Trophies) to be a child of Ownable Entities.

Renumber rule 12-6 (MTG*) to be a child of Entity Uniqueness.

Renumber rule 14 (Chemicals) to be a child of Ownable Entities [why was
this changed?]

Remove the final sentence of Rule 17-2-2 (Dawning of the Age)

Update Rule 12-1 (Games & Contests) by replacing "12-2" with the new number
of the rule "Trophies"	

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4313
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:08:26 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4313
Fuzzy Scoring Part XXIV
K 2
Due: Wed Aug 18 11:08:25 1999
Sphere: Hypnotist of Ladies

{{[The fuzzy scoring system was clobbered with the repeal of modesty;
IMO it made scoring more interesting.]}}

Replace section III of Rule 2-2 (Scoring When A Proposal's Voting
Results are Reported) with:
"
III. Scoring on Proposals

The author's score is adjusted by the Proposal's Acceptance Index
divided by 100. [A Modest proposal with an acceptance index of 666 gains
its author 7 points, the same proposal with an acceptance index of -666
loses its author 6 points.]

All players who voted on the Proposal receive the absolute value of its
Acceptance index divided by 500 in points.
"

{{[Section I causes this effect to occur at the time the Proposal's
tabulated voting results are officially reported]}}

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4314
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:48:39 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4314
Divide by Zero error
K 2
Due: Wed Aug 18 11:48:39 1999
Sphere: Wombles of Wibbledon

Amend Rule 6-5-2 (Supreme Court) by replacing the INELIGIBLE with the
ILLEGIBLE text:

{{[No player is eligible to become a justice at the moment - nor do I
see why a Bronze torch should not be sufficient qualification; its kinda
like a TAFE degree really.]}}
 
INELIGIBLE
Only those players who own Bronze Torches and have a degree in Custom,
Jurisprudence, or Legislation are eligible to be Justices, except that a
player holding a seat in the Office of Justice is always eligible to
hold that seat. A player impeached from the Office of Justice during the
last 90 days, or a player who resigned from the Office of Justice during
the last 30 days, is ineligible for the Office of Justice. 
INELIGIBLE
 
ILLEGIBLE
Only those players who own Bronze Torches or have a PhD in Custom,
Jurisprudence or Legislation are eligible to be Justices, except that a
player holding a seat in the Office of Justice is always eligible to
hold that seat. A player impeached from the Office of Justice during the
last 90 days, or a player who resigned from the Office of Justice during
the last 30 days, is ineligible for the Office of Justice. 
ILLEGIBLE

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4295 rejected
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 14:01:18 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4295

Subcommittee vote for: 221   against:0
Subcommittee Acceptance Index: 221.0
Passed subcommittee
Total vote for: 551   Total vote against:-880
Acceptance Index: -769.0: proposal rejected

Votes to accept:
  else...if              60    +20  ==> 1637
  Alfvaen                30    +20  ==> 753
  Emperor Ai! Pedrito!   61    +19  ==> 741
  Studge                160    -60  ==> 1473
  IdiotBoy              100         ==> 597
  K 2                   140    -40  ==> 763

Zero Votes:
  Eggplant Tempura        0    +20  ==> 790

Votes to reject:
  /dev/joe             -140    -40  ==> 3266
  Pregnant Hippo       -150    -50  ==> 568
  Blest Lax Monk Pal   -100         ==> 699
  Vynd                  -50    +20  ==> 195
  ThinMan              -100         ==> 1976
  King Felix            -60    +20  ==> 2108
  A German Dog         -180    -80  ==> 3389
  Niccolo Flychuck     -100         ==> 80

Abstainers:
  Calvin N Hobbes      
  404 Not Found        
  Kane                 
  two-star             
  Pure Haste           
  and                  
  danke                
  Burn the Witch       
  Slakko               
  rufus                

 Subject: Acka: Proposal 4295
 
 Proposal 4295
 An Alternative To Democracy
 Studge
 Due: Wed Aug 11 13:35:59 1999
 Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance
 Status: rejected
 Declared Harfy: at Thu Aug  5 02:35:06 1999 by Emperor Ai! Pedrito!

 [It has come to my attention that no other player seems to send in
 "obvious" win attempts or emperor attempts that rely on nothing more than
 the rampant discordianism of Acka.  Therefore, I decided to sacrifice my
 proposal record and score to regularly offer Acka what it so desperately
 needs: A Discordian Alternative to the perfidy of Tyrannical Democracy.]
 
 Amend Rule 1 by appending to the bottom the following EMPEROR delimited text.
  
 EMPEROR
 The player able to take the name of Studge is able to amend, repeal, and/or
 create rules, and otherwise modify the ruleset and gamestate as a public
 action.
 EMPEROR

 

------------------------------

End of acka-voting Digest V4 #165
*********************************