Subject: acka-voting Digest V4 #145
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-voting digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 00:00:08 -0400 (EDT)

acka-voting Digest	Monday, July 19 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 145

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4262
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 19:08:01 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4262
Let's clean up the elements
Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
Due: Mon Jul 26 19:08:00 1999
Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance

{{[OK, the way we're doing it right now works, but not very well.  Elements
are
not very standardized, they are scattered around as children of 14, they're
starting to clutter like chess pieces or otzma cards, and it's hardish to do
something to all of them at once.  I feel they are approaching critical mass,
and I wanted to do a re-org before it was too hard to.  Like else...if said in
a recent research thread: If you like the concept, vote for this.  The
implementation is slightly wonky in a couple of places (Illuminatine and
polictikafavroum) but on the whole this is better than the way we have it and
those two can be fixed further by future props.]}}

repeal the following rules:

14-1 (Ancientium)
14-2 (and the moon is made of...)
14-3 (illuminatine)
14-4 (harfium)
14-6 (mathium)
14-7 (fiendium)
14-8 (polictikafavroum)
14-9 (Nihilipili)
14-10 (Oxygium and Ni!trogium)

Amend rule 7-2-3 (Steel Flea) by inserting between the 5th and 6th paragraphs
the following text:

The only source of Ancientium left in Ackanomic is the unlimited personal
colIection of Phoebe.  If the player posting Phoebe's wisdom includes 
"ANCIENTIUMFORYOU" as the initial letters of successive sentences and the
wisdom is not challenged or the result of the Hearing finds that the wisdom
was
legitimate then the the player who posted the wisdom receives one nose-sack of
Ancientium.

Append to rule 8-7 (Le Grand Fromage) the following text:

Any player may create a nose-sack of Cheesium in eir possession by
destroying a
cheese e owns, provided e would not immediately regain it, as a public action.

Append to rule 6-5-6 (Illuminatus) the following:

Once a week, any player may create a nose-sack of Illuminatine in eir
possession by publicly declaring; "It takes five people to make a conspiracy."
[Nicholas Cage in Snake Eyes, Brian De Palma director] but only if eir
score is
twenty-three

Insert before the antepenultimate paragraph of rule 2-2-6 (Let there be Harf!)
the following text:

A player who is Harfmeister or Funky and Stylish may create a nose-sack of
Harfium in eir possession. If a player does so, e immediately loses that
title.

Append to Rule 99-1 (Evil Math Troll) the following text:

An Evil Math Troll may create a nose-sack of Mathium as a public action. If e
does so, e immediately stops being an Evil Math Troll. Ingesting Mathium
causes
a Bitten player to heal.  Any player who ingests Fiendium becomes an Evil Math
Troll.

Append to rule 1-6-1 (Player names) the following:

Any player may create a nose sack of Polictikafavroum as a public action. 
However, there may not be more than ten nose sacks of Polictikafavroum
associated with a particular player in existence at any one time.

Amend rule 10-7 (we'd better have pressure) by placing the following text
after
the second paragraph:

This gas is made up mainly of the common elements Oxygium, Ni!trogium, and
Nihilipili.  All players breathe Oxygium or Ni!trogium.  Players breathe
Oxygium by default.  An Oxygium-breather who has been On Ice for more than a
month may change into a Ni!trogium breather as a public action, provided
that e
has not already done so since e was last On Ice for more than a month.  If a
Ni!trogium breather posts a public message without breathing (ingesting)
Ni!trogium in it, e becomes an Oxygium breather again.  A player may create a
nose-sack of whichever element e breathes, or of Nihilipili as a public
action.  The isotope of Nihilipili that exists in Ackanomic in highly
unstable,
so all such nose-sacks that are unused are destroyed at the end of the message
which created them.

Create a rule, numbered 14-1, entitled 'Elements and properties' with the
following text:
"
All Elements are defined by this rule.
All Elements are monomers.   If the word list of an element is not explicitly
stated in this rule, then it is the empty list.

The discovered Elements of Ackanomic are:

Ancientium
Cheesium (word list: transfer)
Illuminatine
Harfium (word list: harf, harfy, Harfmeister, Funky and Stylish)
Mathium
Fiendium
Politikafavroum (word list is the current Ackanomic name of its creator with
and without 's appended to it)
Nihilipili (word list: one, to, the, a, an, or, if, but, is, with, may,
not, be,
in, for, of.)
Oxygium (word list: active)
Ni!trogium (word list: on, ice, icy)
" 

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4263
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 21:07:47 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4263
Integration Permit More Strategies
Studge
Due: Mon Jul 26 21:07:46 1999
Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance

Amend Rule 6-5-7 "Son I am able though you scare me / Watch beloved / Watch
me scare you though / Able am I son" by appending the HARFY delimited
paragraph.

HARFY
In elections for Scaremonger, for each degree a candidate holds in
Harfology the University shall cast an extra vote for em.
HARFY

Amend Rule 3-1 "Selecting A Judge" by appending the RESPECTEDOPINION
delimited paragraph.

RESPECTEDOPINION
Players not on the CFJ ineligibility list who have a degree in
Jurisprudence shall have twice the chance of being selected for a CFJ.
RESPECTEDOPINION

Amend Rule 17 "Ambassador" by appending the following CIVILSERVICETEST
delimited paragraph.

CIVILSERVICETEST
In elections for Ambassador, for each degree a Nominee holds in Inter Nomic
Relations the University shall cast an extra vote for em.
CIVILSERVICETEST

In Rule 6-5-1 "President" replace the OUTMODED text with the
EXPERIENCEREQUIRED delimited text.

OUTMODED
The Presidency of Ackanomia is an Office with one Seat. The player who
holds that seat is called the President. The President's Term of Office is
8 weeks. The Presidency is filled by an Election for Office. 
OUTMODED

EXPERIENCEREQUIRED
The Presidency of Ackanomia is an Office with one Seat. The player who
holds that seat is called the President. The President's Term of Office is
8 weeks. The Presidency is filled by an Election for Office. 

In elections for President, for each degree a Nominee holds the University
shall cast as an extra vote for em.
EXPERIENCEREQUIRED

In Rule 6-4-1 "Speaker" replace the OLD text with the NEW text.

OLD
c) Tie Resolution: New Election. 
OLD

NEW
c) Tie Resolution: New Election. 
d) Each degree a Nominee holds shall cause the University to cast an extra
vote for em.
NEW

In Rule 6-5-2 "Supreme Court" replace the PARTLYLUCK text with the
ENSUREDQUALIFICATION text.

PARTLYLUCK
Only those players with Bronze Torches are eligible to be Justices, except
that a player holding a seat in the Office of Justice is always eligible to
hold that seat. A player impeached from the Office of Justice during the
last 90 days, or a player who resigned from the Office of Justice during
the last 30 days, is ineligible for the Office of Justice. 
PARTLYLUCK

ENSUREDQUALIFICATION
Only those players who own Bronze Torches and have a degree in Custom,
Jurisprudence, or Legislation are eligible to be Justices, except that a
player holding a seat in the Office of Justice is always eligible to hold
that seat. A player impeached from the Office of Justice during the last 90
days, or a player who resigned from the Office of Justice during the last
30 days, is ineligible for the Office of Justice. 
ENSUREDQUALIFICATION

------------------------------

End of acka-voting Digest V4 #145
*********************************