Subject: acka-voting Digest V4 #128
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-voting digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 00:00:11 -400 (EDT)

acka-voting Digest	Sunday, June 27 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 128

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4216 accepted
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 12:56:14 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4216

Subcommittee vote for: 160   against:0
Subcommittee Acceptance Index: 160.0
Passed subcommittee
Total vote for: 633   Total vote against:-120
Acceptance Index: 453.0: proposal accepted

Votes to accept:
  else...if              60    +20  ==> 363
  Alfvaen               100         ==> 376
  Emperor Ai! Pedrito!  100         ==> 348
  Studge                 60    +20  ==> 779
  Sir Galahad            60    +20  ==> 160
  ThinMan                10    +20  ==> 836
  King Felix             60    +20  ==> 1238
  rice                  100         ==> 332
  Slakko                 80    +10  ==> 536
  K 2                     3    +20  ==> 399

Votes to reject:
  /dev/joe              -60    +20  ==> 2406
  Dragon Mage           -60    +20  ==> 3071

Abstainers:
  Calvin N Hobbes      
  Laa Laa              
  Taser                
  Blest Lax Monk Pal   
  404 Not Found        
  Robin Hood           
  rufus                
  Vynd                 
  Pure Haste           
  IdiotBoy             
  danke                
  Burn the Witch       
  Niccolo Flychuck     
  two-star             

 Subject: Acka: Proposal 4216
 
 Proposal 4216
 Math Troll
 Ai! Pedrito!
 Due: Sat Jun 26 21:56:13 1999
 Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance
 Status: accepted

 Add a new rule as a child of 7-17 (Chemicals) entitled Mathium, with the
 following text:

 Mathium is an element.  An Evil Math Troll may create a nose-sack of
 Mathium as a public action.  If e does so, e immediately stops being an
 Evil Math Troll.  Ingesting Mathium causes a Bitten player to heal.

 Add a new rule as a child of 7-17 (Chemicals) entitled Fiendium, with the
 following text:
 
 Fiendium is an element.  Any player who ingests Fiendium becomes an Evil
 Math Troll.
 
 Remove 'Evil Math Troll' from Rule 6-1 (Acting Officers)
 
 Add a rule in the unassigned rule section, entitled Evil Math Troll, with
 the following text.
 
 Evil Math Trolls are Scary.  They can Bite other players if they are in the
 same Location, as a public action.  If a player has been Bitten for three
 days, and has not been healed, e loses 10 points and becomes an Evil Math
 Troll.  If an Evil Math Troll bites anyone, e is immediately placed in gaol
 for a day.
 
 If there is ever a bridge across the Ackanomic River, Evil Math Trolls may
 hide under it, and no other players may.

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4228
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 12:56:24 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4228
Bacon change
Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
Due: Sun Jul  4 12:56:22 1999
Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance

{{[Last time I played Bacon, with Vynd, we each submitted a proposal, and
the bacon rules were substantially changed.  However, in my duel with
Alfvaen, I've seen what seems to be a largish flaw.  If your opponent's
chain is shorter, you lose absolutely nothing by challenging.  So...]}}

In the rule 'Bacon', change the following

"
If a player challenges and the challenged chain is valid, the
challenger's chain is deemed invalid.
"

to:

"
If a player challenges and the challenged chain is valid, the challenged
player gains a point and the round continues.
"

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4229
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 13:19:24 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4229
Let's fix the booboo I made
Emperor Ai! Pedrito!
Due: Sun Jul  4 13:19:21 1999
Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance

{{[This is something that Acka voted for already, but I accidentally
repealed the coordinate system and there are conflicts between rule 10 and
10-2.  This resolves everything, putting it all the way it seemed to be in
my earler, ill-fated prop.  I give my word of honor that there are no scams
I know about in this prop.]

Emperor Ai! Pedrito! loses 8 points
The Rule-Harfer gains 4 points
The Scorekeeper gains 4 points }}

1) Delete the following TELEPORT-delimited text from rule 10-2 (Land), and
place it between the second and third paragraphs of rule 10 (Geography)
 
TELEPORT
In order to accept a trade, or to gift any entities, the donator
and the recipient must be in the same region.  This does not apply to any
rule-mandated payments (CFCJ punishments, for example), or to any
transaction between the treasury and another entity.  If a player attempts
to accept a trade, or gift an entity, to an entity in a different region,
then the player first moves to the region of the entity on the other side
of the transfer.
TELEPORT
 
2) remove the second sentence of the fifth paragraph and the entire final
paragraph of rule 10 (Geography)

3) delete the following FRONTIER-delimited text from rule 10-2 (Land) and
append it to rule 10 (Geography):

FRONTIER   
The Town is a region of Ackanomic located beyond the Wilds.  The default
location for the Town is the Hitching Post.
 
All Kaas of Land and all Buildings are located in either the City or the
Town, unless otherwise specified by the Rules.
 
Beyond the Town is the region known only as the Outer Territories.
FRONTIER

4) Amend rule 10-2 (land) by replacing the following MYBAD-delimited text
after the second paragraph:

MYBAD
Since ancient times (except for a few weeks when SOMEONE negligently
deleted this paragraph), the peoples of Acka have used The Lonely Mountain,
at the center of Ackanomic, as their reference for describing the positions
of city Kaas. Each Kaa can be refered to through the use of a coordinate
system with The Lonely Mountain at the center. The coordinates of a Kaa of
land are how many kaas to the North, or South, the Kaa is from The Lonely
Mountain, prefaced by an N if it is North or an S if it is South. This is
followed by a second number, the number of kaas to the East or West the Kaa
is from The Lonely Mountain, prefaced by an E for East or W for West. Thus
a Kaa which is 4 kaas North and 3 kaas West of The Lonely Mountain has the
coordinates of (N4 W3). If a kaa is directly East or West of The Lonely
Mountain, then the first number of its coordinates is a zero, prefaced by
an N. If a Kaa of Land is directly North or South of The Lonely Mountain,
then the second number of its coordiantes is zero, prefaced by a W. The
Lonely Mountain's coordinates are always (N0 W0). 
MYBAD

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4230
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 15:38:35 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4230
Take a Walk on the Wild Side
K 2
Due: Sun Jul  4 15:38:34 1999
Sphere: Tocpe

{{[

This proposal mainly fixes inconstancies, redundancies and "dangling"
references to repealed thingies.

In my opinion the main non-trivial amendments made by this proposal are:

#3 dull spellbooks are removed and the rule harfer awards shimmering
ones (e has to apply most of the stingings anyway)
#21 Going to gaol becomes repeatably dishonourable.
#29.b repeal of the Swing Sale Otzma.
#35 The gaol loses its evidence room.
#36-38 Buildings no longer dangle - ever.

In order to prevent this proposal from becoming excessively large I
haven't included any discussion as to why I consider a fix to be trivial
- if its not evident (or you think I'm wrong :-) feel free to ask - I
shall naturally rush to the defence of my proposal ;-)

]}}

1. Amend Rule 1-1 (Resolving Conflicts) by deleting the final paragraph.

2. Amend Rule 1-2-2 (Spelling Bee) by:

a) replacing the text "[sic]" with "(sic)" in section 5.b.e.
b) deleting the sentence "This clause takes precedence over any rule
which would require such notation." in section 7.

3.a {{ All Dull Spellbooks are transformed into Shimmering Spellbooks.
}}

3.b Amend Rule 1-2-2-1 (Spellbooks) to read in full:
"
Shimmering Spellbooks exist. They are non-tradeable entities. A player
may not own more than one Shimmering Spellbook, excess books are
destroyed. Players may destroy any Shimmering Spellbooks in their
possession as a public action.

Any player with a Shimmering Spellbook is permitted to initiate a flight
of the Spelling Bee, as in Rule 1-2-2.

Some Offices may include possession of Shimmering Spellbooks among their
privileges; in this case, if ever the holder of such an Office does not
possess a Shimmering Spellbook, one is created in their possession.
"

4. Replace section e under the heading "The Privileges are:" of Rule
6-4-4 (Rule-Harfer) with:
"
e) To own a Shimmering Spellbook.

f) It is a privilege of the Rule Harfer to create Shimmering Spellbooks
for players, or to destroy them, as a public action.
"

5. Amend Rule 1-2-8-2 (Yes Virginia) by:
a) deleting sections V and VII and renumbering section VI to V.
b) deleting the final paragraph.

6. Amend Rule 1-4 (When Score Changes Take Effect) by:
a) deleting (in section 1.d) the phrase "This section (1), defers
precedence to R2-2."
b) deleting (in section 4) the phrase "it is the duty of the Scorekeeper
to announce such score changes."

7. Amend Rule 1-6-1 (Player Names) by:
a) changing the phrase "neither the President" into "the President" in
the third paragraph.

8. Amend Rule 1-6-2 (Proposal and Rule Titles) by deleting the phrase
"(This paragraph takes precedence over Rule 1-6-3.)".

9. Amend Rule 1-6-3 (Entity Names) by deleting the phrase:
"
If the Rules do not specify any other method for determining its name,
or if the method specified does not give a legal name, that entity shall
be considered nameless until a name is legally assigned to it.
"

10. Amend Rule 1-8 (Retractions) by deleting the phrase "d) Discoveries
(retracted Discoveries are Debunked)."

11. Amend Rule 2-1-1 (Fair Voting Practices) by:
a) deleting sub-section B from section I.
b) changing section III to read in full:
"
Entities which generate effects based on the way players vote on a
proposal, do so prior to the application of that proposal.
"

12. Amend Rule 2-2 (Scoring When A Proposal's Voting Results are
Reported) by making section I read in full:
"
All the following scoring changes are applied at the time the Proposal's
tabulated voting results are officially reported, prior to any of the
proposals effects.
"

13. Amend Rule 2-2-2 (Literature) by deleting the phrase ", and up to
any player to find another piece of literature that also contains the
quote." from the final paragraph of section I.A.

14. Amend Rule 2-2-3 (Ackanomic Unity) by replacing section 1 with:
"
1) The day of Ackanomic Unity shall be the date the proposal was
accepted.
"

15. Amend Rule 2-2-4 (Parades) by:
a) deleting the phrase "The Guest of Honour will also recieve a puzzle
piece of eir choice as long as that piece is not part of a Winnable
Bag."
b) replace the final paragraph with:
"
Any vacationing player will be represented by a cardboard cut-out on
wheels, which will lower the whole tone of the occasion, so any points
they would have received as a result of the Parade will be withheld.
"

16. Amend Rule 2-2-6 (Let there be Harf!) by replacing the paragraph
containing "Funky and Stylish" with the following HLOEL delimited text.

HLOEL
"Funky and Stylish" is a unique title. When a player is designated
"Funky and Stylish", they gain 5 points. Only one player may be
designated "Funky and Stylish" per calendar week.
HLOEL

17. Replace the list of punishments (a-i) in Rule 3-6 (Criminal Justice)
with:
"
a) a PUBLIC APOLOGY of 1 or more lines by Player X.
b) the TRANSFERENCE of 0 or more entities or characteristics associated
with Player X to either the Treasury of the initiator of the CFCJ.
c) a SENTENCE in the Gaol of 1 or more days for Player X.
d) the REMOVAL of Player X from one or more Institutions to which e
currently belongs.
e) The IMPEACHMENT of Player X from a single specific office which e
currently holds.
f) the EXPULSION of Player X from the game.
"

18. Amend Rule 4 (Players and Player States) by deleting sub-section b
from section V.

19. Amend Rule 4-1-1 (Mentors) by deleting the phrase: "This
notification may be done privately." in the second paragraph.

20. Amend Rule 4 (Far Out) by replacing the phrase:
"
If the player does not respond within 3 days, their location is changed
to Fairy Land.
"
with:
"
If the player fails to perform a game action within 3 days, their
location is changed to Fairy Land.
"

21. Amend Rule 4-4-5-2 (Dishonourable Acts) by:
a) removing the phrase "1 Honour: going to Gaol" from the list of
Uniquely Dishonourable Acts and placing it in the list of Repeatably
Dishonourable Acts.
b) deleting the phrase "1 honour: Bribing players (not Tammany) on a
proposal."

22. Amend Rule 4-5 (A Degree Proves You're Educated) by:
a) replacing "A player may gain the title student" with "A player, who
is not already a student, may gain the title student" in the first
paragraph of section 1.
b) delete the phrase "pretend to" in the second paragraph of section 1.
[Pretend!!! PRETEND!!!?]

23. Delete sub-section f of section 9 of Rule 4-11 (Boons of the
Ancients)

24. Amend Rule 6 (Offices, Commonalities) by:
a) deleting the phrase "This sub-section takes precedence over section
(iv) and R6-4." from section viii.a
b) deleting "Evil Math Troll," and "General Contractor," from section
III.

25. Amend Rule 6-4-13 (Map-Harfer) by:
a) deleting section 1 [appoint Assistant Map-Harfers - covered by other
rules]
b) renumbering section 2 to section 1

26. Amend Rule 6-4-19 (Dungeon Master) by deleting item ii from the list
of privileges.

27. Amend Rule 6-5-1 (President) by deleting its final sentence.

28. Amend Rule 7-14 (Definition of Otzma Cards) by replacing "R516" with
"the auction"

29.a {{ Each Otzma card of type Swinging Sale, Founder's Boon and
Training Regime is converted into A$10. }}

29.b Repeal Rule 7-14-6 (Otzma Card of type Swinging Sale)

29.c Repeal Rule 7-14-13 (Otzma Card of Type Founder's Boon)

29.d Repeal Rule 7-14-15 (Otzma Card of type Training Regime)

30. Append "Frinks are entities." to the end of Rule 7-15 (Royal Frinks)

31. Amend Rule 7-16 (Ackanomic Sound System) by:
a) replacing the following phrase from section II:
"
This action fails if the entity does not own sufficient A$, or has no
Tokens.
"
with:
"
This action fails if the song has no cost.
"
[rule 7-1 takes care of the situation where a player does not own enough
A$ or tokens]

b) replacing sub-section e of section IV with:
"
e) Cost: The cost of the song. If the Cost is not specified, then the
song has no cost.
"

32. Amend Rule 7-17 (Chemicals) by:
a) deleting the paragraph that starts with "Brain Damage (14)".
b) deleting the phrase "Eir Fire Characteristic increases by 1, and "
from the paragraph commencing with "Spontaneous Combustion (1)" and
capitalise the first letter of its final sentence.

33. Delete the final sentence in Rule 7-17-1 (Ancientium).

34. Amend Rule 8-4 (Winning by Points) by replacing "the Magic Number"
with "their Magic Number" in the final paragraph.

35. Amend Rule 9-1 (Gaol) by:
a) deleting the second paragraph.
b) removing ", or to be Mad Sculptors" from the third [currently fourth]
paragraph.
c) deleting item 8.

36. Amend Rule 10-1-7 (Ackanomic Institute of Genetic Replication) by
replacing the paragraph that starts with "Wings:" with the following:
"
Wings: Cost -- 100 A$. Winged players and only winged players, can fly.
Since extra heads ruin a player's aerodynamics, a player may not have
both wings and an extra head.
"

37. Amend Rule 10-3 (Buildings) by:
a) in section I, deleting sub-sections iv and v.
b) in section II, replacing "an Attached building" in section iii with
"a building".
c) in section III, delete sub-section iii

38. Amend Rule 10-6 (We don't need Gravity) by:
a) deleting the phrase ", in the case of a building it shall become
Tethered"
b) deleting the final paragraph.

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4218 accepted
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 18:01:32 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4218

Subcommittee vote for: 229   against:0
Subcommittee Acceptance Index: 229.0
Passed subcommittee
Total vote for: 589   Total vote against:-179
Acceptance Index: 320.5: proposal accepted

Votes to accept:
  else...if              60    +20  ==> 383
  Dragon Mage            60    +20  ==> 3091
  Alfvaen                99         ==> 376
  Sir Galahad            40    +20  ==> 180
  ThinMan                10    +20  ==> 856
  King Felix            100         ==> 1238
  rice                  100         ==> 332
  K 2                   120    -20  ==> 379

Votes to reject:
  /dev/joe              -60    +20  ==> 2426
  Emperor Ai! Pedrito!  -59    +20  ==> 368
  Studge                -60    +20  ==> 799

Abstainers:
  Calvin N Hobbes      
  Laa Laa              
  Taser                
  Blest Lax Monk Pal   
  404 Not Found        
  Robin Hood           
  rufus                
  Vynd                 
  Pure Haste           
  IdiotBoy             
  danke                
  Burn the Witch       
  Slakko               
  Niccolo Flychuck     
  two-star             

 Subject: Acka: Proposal 4218
 
 Proposal 4218
 Reactions Class II
 K 2
 Due: Sun Jun 27 17:41:29 1999
 Sphere: All Canadians're Kind & Amiable
 Status: accepted
 
 This is a Proposal.
 
 I. [First to secure some space:]
 Renumber rules with "7-17" at the start of thier rule numbers by
 replacing those numbers with "14".
 
 II.a Create a new rule numbered 15 with the title "Reaction mechanisms"
 and the text:
 "
 Any player (chemist) may initiate a chemical reaction as a public
 action.
 
 When a Chemist initiates a reaction, she must specify how much of each
 chemical she owns is to be used and the reaction mechanism to be used.
 Any additional information required for the reaction mechanism should
 also be specified at this time. The selected chemicals then implode in a
 burst of coloured anti-light (chosen at the chemists discretion) and the
 reaction proceeds according to the chosen reaction mechanism.
 
 The decedents of this rule specify specific reaction mechanisms. They
 should specify the chemicals required to initiate a reaction, since a
 reaction can not be initiated without at least one chemical. Reactions
 take three days to complete and shall have no effect until that time,
 unless its reaction mechanism specifies otherwise. When a reaction is
 complete, it shall either fail or be successful. A reaction is only
 successful if all requirements of its reaction mechanism have been met.
 "
 
 II.b Create a new rule as a descendant of rule 15 called
 "Polymerization" with the text:
 "
 There is a reaction mechanism known as Polymerization.
 
 Polymerization reactions only occur between monomers. Monomers are
 chemicals which have a list of words associated with them.
 
 When a Polymerization reaction is set up the chemist should specify a
 single word from the word list of each monomer to be involved in the
 reaction, and construct a sentence from those words. The resultant
 sentence is the reaction's polymer.
 
 The polymer is valid if it unambiguously describes the manipulation of
 some quantity of entities from one legal state to another. However, if
 the application of the polymer would result in:
 i) an entity owning a negative number of any entity or
 ii) an entity in an illegal state (eg a trinket with a negative value)
 then it is invalid.
 
 If the reaction is successful and if it has a valid polymer, then the
 manipulation described by the polymer is performed, otherwise, the
 chemist is said to have suffered a humiliating failure.
 "
 
 III.a Create a new rule as a descendant of rule 14, titled
 "Polictikafavroum" and with the text:
 "
 Polictikafavroum is a chemical and a monomer who's word list consists of
 the current Ackanomic name of its creator with and without an 's
 appended to it, unless a rule specifies otherwise.
 
 Any player may create a nose sack of Polictikafavroum as a public
 action, however, there may not be more than ten nose sacks of
 Polictikafavroum associated with a particular player in existence at any
 one time.
 "
 
 III.b Create a rule as a descendant of rule 14, titled "Nihilipili" and
 with the text:
 "
 Nihilipili is an element and a monomer with the following word list:
 one, to, the, a, an, or, if, but, is, with, may, not, be, in, for, of.
 
 The isotope of Nihilipili that exists in Ackanomic in highly unstable,
 while any number of nose sacks of Nihilipili may be created as a public
 action, all unused nose sacks are destroyed at the end of the message
 which created them.
 "
 
 IV. [hi-jack some of the existing elements]
 
 IV.a Amend Rule 14-2 (And the moon is made of..) by inserting the text "
 and a monomer with a word list of: transfer" after the first ccurrence
 of "element".
 
 IV.b Amend Rule 14-4 (Harfium) by inserting the text " and a monomer
 with a word list of: Harfmeister, harf, harfy, Funky and Stylish" after
 the first occurrence of "element".
 
 {{All rules created by this proposal die.}}
 
 {{[This is prolly a scam waiting to happen - but if it is it'll be a
 very creative and thus harfy one :-)
 
 As proposed this is just an idea waiting to happen. The intent is to
 permit (eventually) players to initiate reactions like "Transfer one of
 K 2's A$ to JT" or "move /dev/joe to the Wilds" - it all depends on the
 monomers that get defined... Phoebe gains a Winning Condition - The
 Treasury is moved to the Wilds ;-).
 
 A "No Reaction" reaction would also be useful (to perform a similar
 function to the go-fish)]}}

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4231
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 18:04:03 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4231
Loud and Clear.
K 2
Due: Sun Jul  4 18:04:02 1999
Sphere: Wombles of Wibbledon

{{[This problem needs a more general solution - for now I'll just step
on the scam]}}

Replace the phrase "Any player may" in Rule 7-17-3 (lluminatine) with
"Once a week, any player may".

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4232
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 18:33:04 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4232
Take a Walk on the Wild Side
K 2
Due: Sun Jul  4 18:33:02 1999
Sphere: All Canadians're Kind & Amiable

{{[

The new improved version :-)

This proposal mainly fixes inconstancies, redundancies and "dangling"
references to repealed thingies.

In my opinion the main non-trivial amendments made by this proposal are:

#3 dull spellbooks are removed and the rule harfer awards shimmering
ones (e has to apply most of the stingings anyway)
#21 Going to gaol becomes repeatably dishonourable.
#29.b repeal of the Swing Sale Otzma.
#35 The gaol loses its evidence room.
#36-38 Buildings no longer dangle - ever.

In order to prevent this proposal from becoming excessively large I
haven't included any discussion as to why I consider a fix to be trivial
- if its not evident (or you think I'm wrong :-) feel free to ask - I
shall naturally rush to the defence of my proposal ;-)

]}}

1. Amend Rule 1-1 (Resolving Conflicts) by deleting the final paragraph.

2. Amend Rule 1-2-2 (Spelling Bee) by:

a) replacing the text "[sic]" with "(sic)" in section 5.b.e.
b) deleting the sentence "This clause takes precedence over any rule
which would require such notation." in section 7.

3.a {{ All Dull Spellbooks are transformed into Shimmering Spellbooks.
}}

3.b Amend Rule 1-2-2-1 (Spellbooks) to read in full:
"
Shimmering Spellbooks exist. They are non-tradeable entities. A player
may not own more than one Shimmering Spellbook, excess books are
destroyed. Players may destroy any Shimmering Spellbooks in their
possession as a public action.

Any player with a Shimmering Spellbook is permitted to initiate a flight
of the Spelling Bee, as in Rule 1-2-2.

Some Offices may include possession of Shimmering Spellbooks among their
privileges; in this case, if ever the holder of such an Office does not
possess a Shimmering Spellbook, one is created in their possession.
"

4. Replace section e under the heading "The Privileges are:" of Rule
6-4-4 (Rule-Harfer) with:
"
e) To own a Shimmering Spellbook.

f) It is a privilege of the Rule Harfer to create Shimmering Spellbooks
for players, or to destroy them, as a public action.
"

5. Amend Rule 1-2-8-2 (Yes Virginia) by:
a) deleting sections V and VII and renumbering section VI to V.
b) deleting the final paragraph.

6. Amend Rule 1-4 (When Score Changes Take Effect) by:
a) deleting (in section 1.d) the phrase "This section (1), defers
precedence to R2-2."
b) deleting (in section 4) the phrase "it is the duty of the Scorekeeper
to announce such score changes."

7. Amend Rule 1-6-1 (Player Names) by:
a) changing the phrase "neither the President" into "the President" in
the third paragraph.

8. Amend Rule 1-6-2 (Proposal and Rule Titles) by deleting the phrase
"(This paragraph takes precedence over Rule 1-6-3.)".

9. Amend Rule 1-6-3 (Entity Names) by deleting the phrase:
"
If the Rules do not specify any other method for determining its name,
or if the method specified does not give a legal name, that entity shall
be considered nameless until a name is legally assigned to it.
"

10. Amend Rule 1-8 (Retractions) by deleting the phrase "d) Discoveries
(retracted Discoveries are Debunked)."

11. Amend Rule 2-1-1 (Fair Voting Practices) by:
a) deleting sub-section B from section I.
b) changing section III to read in full:
"
Entities which generate effects based on the way players vote on a
proposal, do so prior to the application of that proposal.
"

12. Amend Rule 2-2 (Scoring When A Proposal's Voting Results are
Reported) by making section I read in full:
"
All the following scoring changes are applied at the time the Proposal's
tabulated voting results are officially reported, prior to any of the
proposals effects.
"

13. Amend Rule 2-2-2 (Literature) by deleting the phrase ", and up to
any player to find another piece of literature that also contains the
quote." from the final paragraph of section I.A.

14. Amend Rule 2-2-3 (Ackanomic Unity) by replacing section 1 with:
"
1) The day of Ackanomic Unity shall be the date the proposal was
accepted.
"

15. Amend Rule 2-2-4 (Parades) by:
a) deleting the phrase "The Guest of Honour will also recieve a puzzle
piece of eir choice as long as that piece is not part of a Winnable
Bag."
b) replace the final paragraph with:
"
Any vacationing player will be represented by a cardboard cut-out on
wheels, which will lower the whole tone of the occasion, so any points
they would have received as a result of the Parade will be withheld.
"

16. Amend Rule 2-2-6 (Let there be Harf!) by replacing the paragraph
starting with (At most one player is "Funky and Stylish") with the
following HLOEL delimited text.

HLOEL
"Funky and Stylish" is a unique title. When a player is designated
"Funky and Stylish", they gain 5 points. Only one player may be
designated "Funky and Stylish" per calendar week.
HLOEL

17. Replace the list of punishments (a-i) in Rule 3-6 (Criminal Justice)
with:
"
a) a PUBLIC APOLOGY of 1 or more lines by Player X.
b) the TRANSFERENCE of 0 or more entities or characteristics associated
with Player X to either the Treasury of the initiator of the CFCJ.
c) a SENTENCE in the Gaol of 1 or more days for Player X.
d) the REMOVAL of Player X from one or more Institutions to which e
currently belongs.
e) The IMPEACHMENT of Player X from a single specific office which e
currently holds.
f) the EXPULSION of Player X from the game.
"

18. Amend Rule 4 (Players and Player States) by deleting sub-section b
from section V.

19. Amend Rule 4-1-1 (Mentors) by deleting the phrase: "This
notification may be done privately." in the second paragraph.

20. Amend Rule 4 (Far Out) by replacing the phrase:
"
If the player does not respond within 3 days, their location is changed
to Fairy Land.
"
with:
"
If the player fails to perform a game action within 3 days, their
location is changed to Fairy Land.
"

21. Amend Rule 4-4-5-2 (Dishonourable Acts) by:
a) removing the phrase "1 Honour: going to Gaol" from the list of
Uniquely Dishonourable Acts and placing it in the list of Repeatably
Dishonourable Acts.
b) deleting the phrase "1 honour: Bribing players (not Tammany) on a
proposal."

22. Amend Rule 4-5 (A Degree Proves You're Educated) by:
a) replacing "A player may gain the title student" with "A player, who
is not already a student, may gain the title student" in the first
paragraph of section 1.
b) delete the phrase "pretend to" in the second paragraph of section 1.
[Pretend!!! PRETEND!!!?]

23. Delete sub-section f of section 9 of Rule 4-11 (Boons of the
Ancients)

24.a Amend Rule 6 (Offices, Commonalities) by deleting the phrase "This
sub-section takes precedence over section (iv) and R6-4." from section
viii.a

24.b Amend Rule 6-1 (Acting Officers) by deleting "Evil Math Troll," and
"General Contractor," from section III.

25. Amend Rule 6-4-13 (Map-Harfer) by:
a) deleting section 1 [appoint Assistant Map-Harfers - covered by other
rules]
b) renumbering section 2 to section 1

26. Amend Rule 6-4-19 (Dungeon Master) by deleting item ii from the list
of privileges.

27. Amend Rule 6-5-1 (President) by deleting its final sentence.

28. Amend Rule 7-14 (Definition of Otzma Cards) by replacing "R516" with
"the auction"

29.a {{ Each Otzma card of type Swinging Sale, Founder's Boon and
Training Regime is converted into A$10. }}

29.b Repeal Rule 7-14-6 (Otzma Card of type Swinging Sale)

29.c Repeal Rule 7-14-13 (Otzma Card of Type Founder's Boon)

29.d Repeal Rule 7-14-15 (Otzma Card of type Training Regime)

30. Append "Frinks are entities." to the end of Rule 7-15 (Royal Frinks)

31. Amend Rule 7-16 (Ackanomic Sound System) by:
a) replacing the following phrase from section II:
"
This action fails if the entity does not own sufficient A$, or has no
Tokens.
"
with:
"
This action fails if the song has no cost.
"
[rule 7-1 takes care of the situation where a player does not own enough
A$ or tokens]

b) replacing sub-section e of section IV with:
"
e) Cost: The cost of the song. If the Cost is not specified, then the
song has no cost.
"

32. Amend Rule 7-17 (Chemicals) by:
a) deleting the paragraph that starts with "Brain Damage (14)".
b) deleting the phrase "Eir Fire Characteristic increases by 1, and "
from the paragraph commencing with "Spontaneous Combustion (1)" and
capitalise the first letter of its final sentence.

33. Delete the final sentence in Rule 7-17-1 (Ancientium).

34. Amend Rule 8-4 (Winning by Points) by replacing "the Magic Number"
with "their Magic Number" in the final paragraph.

35. Amend Rule 9-1 (Gaol) by:
a) deleting the second paragraph.
b) removing ", or to be Mad Sculptors" from the third [currently fourth]
paragraph.
c) deleting item 8.

36. Amend Rule 10-1-7 (Ackanomic Institute of Genetic Replication) by
replacing the paragraph that starts with "Wings:" with the following:
"
Wings: Cost -- 100 A$. Winged players and only winged players, can fly.
Since extra heads ruin a player's aerodynamics, a player may not have
both wings and an extra head.
"

37. Amend Rule 10-3 (Buildings) by:
a) in section I, deleting sub-sections iv and v.
b) in section II, replacing "an Attached building" in section iii with
"a building".
c) in section III, delete sub-section iii

38. Amend Rule 10-6 (We don't need Gravity) by:
a) deleting the phrase ", in the case of a building it shall become
Tethered"
b) deleting the final paragraph.

------------------------------

End of acka-voting Digest V4 #128
*********************************