Subject: acka-voting Digest V4 #122
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-voting digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 00:00 EDT

acka-voting Digest	Sunday, June 20 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 122

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4217
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 08:58:16 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4217
Reactions Class I
K 2
Due: Sun Jun 27 08:58:15 1999
Sphere: All Canadians're Kind & Amiable

This is a Modest Proposal.

I. [First to secure some space:]
Renumber rules with "7-17" at the start of thier rule numbers by
replacing those numbers with "14".

II.a Create a new rule numbered 15 with the title "Reaction mechanisms"
and the text:
"
Any player (chemist) may initiate a chemical reaction as a public
action.

When a Chemist initiates a reaction, she must specify how much of each
chemical she owns is to be used and the reaction mechanism to be used.
Any additional information required for the reaction mechanism should
also be specified at this time. The selected chemicals then implode in a
burst of coloured anti-light (chosen at the chemists discretion) and the
reaction proceeds according to the chosen reaction mechanism.

The decedents of this rule specify specific reaction mechanisms. They
should specify the chemicals required to initiate a reaction, since a
reaction can not be initiated without at least one chemical. Reactions
take three days to complete and shall have no effect until that time,
unless its reaction mechanism specifies otherwise. When a reaction is
complete, it shall either fail or be successful. A reaction is only
successful if all requirements of its reaction mechanism have been met.
"

II.b Create a new rule as a decedent of rule 15 called "Polymerization"
with the text:
"
There is a reaction mechanism known as Polymerization.

Polymerization reactions only occur between monomers. Monomers are
chemicals which have a list of words associated with them.

When a Polymerization reaction is set up the chemist should specify a
single word from the word list of each monomer to be involved in the
reaction, and construct a sentence from those words. The resultant
sentence is the reaction's polymer.

The polymer is valid if it unambiguously describes the manipulation of
some quantity of entities from one legal state to another. However, if
the application of the polymer would result in:
i) an entity owning a negative number of any entity or
ii) an entity in an illegal state (eg a trinket with a negative value)
then it is invalid.

If the reaction is successful and if it has a valid polymer, then the
manipulation described by the polymer is performed, otherwise, the
chemist is said to have suffered a humiliating failure.
"

III.a Create a new rule as a decedent of rule 14, titled
"Polictikafavroum" and with the text:
"
Polictikafavroum is a chemical and a monomer who's word list consists of
the current Ackanomic name of its creator with and without an 's
appended to it, unless a rule specifies otherwise.

Any player may create a nose sack of Polictikafavroum as a public
action, however, there may not be more than ten nose sacks of
Polictikafavroum associated with a particular player in existence at any
one time.
"

III.b Create a rule as a decedent of rule 14, titled "Nihilipili" and
with the text:
"
Nihilipili is an element and a monomer with the following word list:
one, to, the, a, an, or, if, but, is, with, may, not, be, in, for, of.

The isotope of Nihilipili that exists in Ackanomic in highly unstable,
while any number of nose sacks of Nihilipili may be created as a public
action, all unused nose sacks are destroyed at the end of the message
which created them.
"

IV. [hi-jack some of the existing elements]

IV.a Amend Rule 14-2 (And the moon is made of..) by inserting the text "
and a monomer with a word list of: transfer" after the first occurrence
of "element".

IV.b Amend Rule 14-4 (Harfium) by inserting the text " and a monomer
with a word list of: Harfmeister, harf, harfy, Funky and
Stylish" after the first occurrence of "element".

{{[This is prolly a scam waiting to happen - but if it is it'll be a
very creative and thus harfy one :-)
The intent is to permit (eventually) players to initiate reactions like
"Transfer one of K 2's A$ to JT" or "move /dev/joe to the Wilds" - it
all depends on the monomers that get defined... Phoebe gains a Winning
Condition - The Treasury is moved to the Wilds ;-).]}}

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4218
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 17:41:29 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4218
Reactions Class II
K 2
Due: Sun Jun 27 17:41:29 1999
Sphere: All Canadians're Kind & Amiable

This is a Proposal.

I. [First to secure some space:]
Renumber rules with "7-17" at the start of thier rule numbers by
replacing those numbers with "14".

II.a Create a new rule numbered 15 with the title "Reaction mechanisms"
and the text:
"
Any player (chemist) may initiate a chemical reaction as a public
action.

When a Chemist initiates a reaction, she must specify how much of each
chemical she owns is to be used and the reaction mechanism to be used.
Any additional information required for the reaction mechanism should
also be specified at this time. The selected chemicals then implode in a
burst of coloured anti-light (chosen at the chemists discretion) and the
reaction proceeds according to the chosen reaction mechanism.

The decedents of this rule specify specific reaction mechanisms. They
should specify the chemicals required to initiate a reaction, since a
reaction can not be initiated without at least one chemical. Reactions
take three days to complete and shall have no effect until that time,
unless its reaction mechanism specifies otherwise. When a reaction is
complete, it shall either fail or be successful. A reaction is only
successful if all requirements of its reaction mechanism have been met.
"

II.b Create a new rule as a descendant of rule 15 called
"Polymerization" with the text:
"
There is a reaction mechanism known as Polymerization.

Polymerization reactions only occur between monomers. Monomers are
chemicals which have a list of words associated with them.

When a Polymerization reaction is set up the chemist should specify a
single word from the word list of each monomer to be involved in the
reaction, and construct a sentence from those words. The resultant
sentence is the reaction's polymer.

The polymer is valid if it unambiguously describes the manipulation of
some quantity of entities from one legal state to another. However, if
the application of the polymer would result in:
i) an entity owning a negative number of any entity or
ii) an entity in an illegal state (eg a trinket with a negative value)
then it is invalid.

If the reaction is successful and if it has a valid polymer, then the
manipulation described by the polymer is performed, otherwise, the
chemist is said to have suffered a humiliating failure.
"

III.a Create a new rule as a descendant of rule 14, titled
"Polictikafavroum" and with the text:
"
Polictikafavroum is a chemical and a monomer who's word list consists of
the current Ackanomic name of its creator with and without an 's
appended to it, unless a rule specifies otherwise.

Any player may create a nose sack of Polictikafavroum as a public
action, however, there may not be more than ten nose sacks of
Polictikafavroum associated with a particular player in existence at any
one time.
"

III.b Create a rule as a descendant of rule 14, titled "Nihilipili" and
with the text:
"
Nihilipili is an element and a monomer with the following word list:
one, to, the, a, an, or, if, but, is, with, may, not, be, in, for, of.

The isotope of Nihilipili that exists in Ackanomic in highly unstable,
while any number of nose sacks of Nihilipili may be created as a public
action, all unused nose sacks are destroyed at the end of the message
which created them.
"

IV. [hi-jack some of the existing elements]

IV.a Amend Rule 14-2 (And the moon is made of..) by inserting the text "
and a monomer with a word list of: transfer" after the first ccurrence
of "element".

IV.b Amend Rule 14-4 (Harfium) by inserting the text " and a monomer
with a word list of: Harfmeister, harf, harfy, Funky and Stylish" after
the first occurrence of "element".

{{All rules created by this proposal die.}}

{{[This is prolly a scam waiting to happen - but if it is it'll be a
very creative and thus harfy one :-)

As proposed this is just an idea waiting to happen. The intent is to
permit (eventually) players to initiate reactions like "Transfer one of
K 2's A$ to JT" or "move /dev/joe to the Wilds" - it all depends on the
monomers that get defined... Phoebe gains a Winning Condition - The
Treasury is moved to the Wilds ;-).

A "No Reaction" reaction would also be useful (to perform a similar
function to the go-fish)]}}

------------------------------

End of acka-voting Digest V4 #122
*********************************