Subject: acka-voting Digest V4 #117
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-voting digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 00:00 EDT

acka-voting Digest	Tuesday, June 15 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 117

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4204
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 04:57:00 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4204
Sphere Litmus Test 1
Studge
Due: Tue Jun 22 04:56:59 1999
Sphere: Hypnotist of Ladies

{{[As a test of various sphere's liability to discordian disloyalty and in
furtherance of my Inter Nomic Relations study...]}}

Repeal all rules.

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4205
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 04:57:11 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4205
Sphere Litmus Test 2
Studge
Due: Tue Jun 22 04:57:10 1999
Sphere: Wombles of Wibbledon

{{[As a test of various sphere's liability to discordian disloyalty and in
furtherance of my Inter Nomic Relations study...]}}

Studge wins the current cycle.

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4206
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 04:57:21 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4206
Sphere Litmus Test 3
Studge
Due: Tue Jun 22 04:57:21 1999
Sphere: Tocpe

{{[As a test of various sphere's liability to discordian disloyalty and in
furtherance of my Inter Nomic Relations study...]}}

Amend Rule 1 by appending the VIRUS delimited text to it as a new paragraph.

VIRUS
Trade the most frequently used noun in this rule with "smarmy hippie yak"
and copy the lowest paragraph of this rule to the highest numbered
descendant of this rule or, (if such does not exist) to the next highest
numbered rule that is not a descendant.  
VIRUS

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4207
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 04:57:32 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4207
Sphere Litmus Test 4
Studge
Due: Tue Jun 22 04:57:31 1999
Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance

{{[As a test of various sphere's liability to discordian disloyalty and in
furtherance of my Inter Nomic Relations study...]}}

Amend Rule 1 by appending to the bottom the following EMPEROR delimited text.

EMPEROR
The player able to take the name of Studge is able to amend, repeal, and/or
create rules, and otherwise modify the ruleset and gamestate as a public
action.
EMPEROR

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4208
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:54:20 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4208
The Simplifier
else...if
Due: Tue Jun 22 10:54:19 1999
Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance

	Create rule 6-4-4-1, "The Summarizer" with the following EASYAS123
delimited text

EASYAS123

	There is a Functional Office known as the Summarizer.

	The following BLANKETY delimited text has no effect.

BLANKETY

	The privilages of the Summarizer are:

	1) To receive a salary of the SHF

	2) To modify the Summary at any time

	The duties of the Summarizer are:

	1) To maintain the Summary and make it available to all players

BLANKETY

	The Summary is a document which contains a summarized and simplified
version of each rule.  It has no binding effect on the game.

	Since there is currently no Summary, the first Summarizer should
enlist other players to help write the first version.  When the
Summarizer has a completed Summary, e should submit a proposal which
states that Ackanomic accepts that as the official Summary.  This
proposal should also allocate A$500 from the treasury in to players who
helped write the summary in amounts proportionate to their efforts. 
Upon such a proposal passing, this paragraph is repealed along with the
second sentence of this rule.  All occurences of the word "BLANKETY"
are then removed from this rule.

EASYAS123

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4209
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:54:31 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4209
Playing Around in Private
else...if
Due: Tue Jun 22 10:54:29 1999
Sphere: Tocpe

	{{[Subgames are great, but there's no reason to take up all this room
in the rules defining every one.  This will allow subgames to be played
exactly the same way, and also gives us the flexibility to make our own
games without needing approval from other players.]}}

	Amend rule 12-1 to read as delimted by OUTOUT

OUTOUT

	Players may desire to play subgames under the auspices of Ackanomic's
laws.  Any player may declare their intent to play a subgame, and
should either specify the rules to be used or the location those rules
may be accessed at.  The results of these games may have no effect on
Ackanomic except as specified within this rule.

	Subgames may influence Ackanomic in the following ways:

	a. Games may specify a transfer of currency from the Treasury to the
Game (or a participant or referee therein), with an upper of limit of
A$50 per instance of a Game or a Contest. A player may receive no more
than A$100 from the Treasury per calendar month as a result of
participation in the same class of Game ("class" being defined as the
definition of a particular Game). Any excess that would have been
received is disregarded.

	b. Games may add or subtract points from the score of a participating
player. The maximum number of points added or subtracted in any
specific instance of a Game is 8. A player may receive no more than 20
points per calendar month as a result of participation in the same
class of game. Any excess that would have been received is
disregarded.

	A Game may only be started in accordance with its rules for doing so.
If its rules are silent on the matter, however, (or refer to this
section) it is started when one of its referees announces its start,
the names of all its players and referees, and all other necessary
particulars of the Game instance. If the Game has no referees, it
starts when one of its players performs the above functions. Other
rules [e.g. Duels], may define conditions under which an instance of a
Game may start, and an alternate procedure for doing so. A Game may not
start without the required number of players and referees.

	A player may not join an instance of a Game in progress, except as
specified in its rules. Games should be designed in such a way as to
handle the contingency of any of its players or referees quitting it at
any time.

	Unless the Rules for a game specify otherwise, players going absent
may name another player (of Ackanomic) to be their Substitute Player
(in the subgame). The Substitute Player may not have been a player of
the instance of the Game or Contest in which e is substituting at any
time in the past, and e must agree to be a Substitute. All
responsibilities and privileges of the departed player for the Game or
Contest fall to the Substitute Player [if the Substitute Player wins
the subgame, the Trophy goes to em]. If the original player returns, e
resumes playing for emself. It is considered good form for em to give
the Substitute Player some recompense for eir services. Participants in
Duels may not have Substitute Players for the Duel.

	If a game has a Referee, a player in a particular instance of that
game may, if the Referee of that instance has not responded in more
than a week, point out this fact in a public message. The Speaker shall
then send email to the Referee in question asking em if e wishes to
continue as Referee, or resign. If no response is received within three
days, it shall be assumed that the Referee has resigned. When a referee
resigns as per this section, the Speaker may appoint another interested
player as Referee, and the game will be suspended until such an
appointment is made.

	If the game has a referee, the referee may appoint another willing
player not already involved in the game to play in eir place for any
time that e is absent. If the referee becomes absent without making
such an appointment, the Speaker may appoint a referee, otherwise the
game is suspended until the previous referee returns. This paragraph
defers precedence to all descendants of this rule.  When a player
leaves Ackanomic, they are deemed to have forfeited any games they
playing in.

	If the rules of a Game call for a random determination, either
explicitly or implicitly, a referee of that game is responsible for
making this determination unless the Game's rules specify otherwise.

	Participation in Games is voluntary. No player may be forced to take
part in a Game or a Contest, or be forced to be a referee in one.  A
player may leave a Game they are participating in at any time. This
section has precedence over all other rules.

If a dispute arises in a Game in which there is no referee, or the
referee is unable to resolve the dispute for some reason, it shall be
adjudicated by the Speaker, or someone appointed by the Speaker, who
shall render judgement as objectively as possible. If a player is
dissatisfied with the decision, a CFJ is their only recourse. Calling a
CFJ is bad form, however, as it is only a game. Play is suspended for
the duration of any adjudication.

	Games and Contests are meant to be fun and to enhance Acka. Using
Games and Contests to loophole surf, scam, or otherwise abuse the
spirit and intent of this structure is in bad taste, sneerable, and the
Crime of Game Abuse.

	Either the Referee of a particular instance of a game or any player of
that instance may declare that instance of a game to be moribund as a
public action. That instance of a game will be terminated without a
winner following such a declaration unless at least 33% of its players
publically object before the 3 days elapse.

	A Referee for a game may, at most once in any calendar week regardless
of how many games they are currently refereeing, specify a player of a
game which they are refereeing to receive a FairPlay Award. FairPlay
Awards are nontradeable entities. Specifying a player to recieve a
FairPlay Award is a public action.

OUTOUT

	Repeal rules 12-3, 12-4, and all their children.

Amend rule 12-10 to read as delimited by POLITEDUEL

POLITEDUEL

	Any player who feels offended by another player, or is engaged in a
heated discussion with another player, may challenge that player to a
duel, subject to the limitations described below.

   	The procedure for challenging and conducting a duel is as follows:
the Challenging player finds another player who agrees to be their
Second. The Challenger gives their Second the name of the player he
wishes to Challenge, and the reason for the Challenge. The Second posts
a public message, which announces the name of the Challenging player,
the name of the Challenged player, the reason for the Challenge, and
the fact that a Challenge has been made. The Challenged player has 3
days to find another player who agrees to be their Second and have the
Second respond to the message publically. The message must say what
Challenge it is in response to. If there is no response to the
Challenge within the 3 days, or the Challenged player declines the
challenge, or the response does not conform to the rules preceding,
then the Challenged player forfeits the Duel.

	The Challenger and Challenged may either agree on a game to use to
conduct the duel or a method to select what game.

	When the Duel is over, the winner of the Duel receives 6 points in
addition to any rewards or penalties he may have received as part of he
Contest itself. The loser of the Duel loses 6 points in addition to any
rewards or penalties he may have received as part of the Contest
itself. The winner's Second receives 3 points, the loser's Second loses
3 points.

	The results of the Duel have no other direct influence over Ackanomic.
However if either the Challenger or the Challenged have committed
themselves in a public message to a certain action depending on the
results of the Duel, then they must perform that action if the rules
permit performance of the action. Should they fail to perform that
action they are committing the Crime of Bad Faith.

	When a duel is forfeited, the player who forfeited loses 6 points, and
his opponent in the duel gains 6 points. The seconds scores are not
changed in this case.

	Conditions under which a duel may not be called, or unusual forfeit
and cancellation conditions:

	a. It is impermissible to Challenge an Untouchable Player to a Duel.

	b. A Player who Challenged another Player to a Duel or a Player who
has been Challenged by another Player to a Duel is Untouchable until
the Duel procedures are resolved. This takes precedence over the later
sections of this rule.

	c. A Player who was a Challengee in a Duel, that is, was Challenged to
a Duel and accepted, continues to be Untouchable until the end of the
Calendar month in which the duel ended.

	d. Players unable to play subgames are Untouchable.

	e. If a player who is currently engaged in Duel procedures becomes
unable to play subgames, then eir Second shall take eir place in the
subgame, unless eir Second is already playing or refereeing the game,
in which case the player forfeits the Duel.

	f. A Player running for Office may not Challenge another Player
running for the same Office to a duel.

	g. A player who has declined a Duel, or failed to respond to a
Challenge, is Untouchable until 3 days after the date he has declined,
or until 3 days after he is considered to have forfeited the duel.

	h. If both the Challenger and the Challenged become unable to play
subgames simultaneously, then the Duel is cancelled.

	i. No player may make more than 3 challenges per calendar month. No
more than 6 duels may be called per calendar month.

	j. If either the Challenger or the Challenged player leaves the game
before the original Challenge is answered, the Duel is cancelled.

	k. If both the Challenger and the Challenged players publically agree
that the Game or Contest being used for a Duel has been fatally
compromised [for instance by a third party revealing the Fictionary
definition or an error in the Game's rules], a new Game or Contest may
be selected, and the Duel is restarted.

POLITEDUEL

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4189 rejected
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:19:56 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4189

Subcommittee vote for: 120   against:0
Subcommittee Acceptance Index: 120.0
Passed subcommittee
Total vote for: 628   Total vote against:-624
Acceptance Index: -308.0: proposal rejected

Votes to accept:
  Laa Laa                42    +20  ==> 303
  rufus                   6    +20  ==> 641
  Alfvaen               100         ==> 70
  Ai! Pedrito!           60    +20  ==> 180
  Studge                 60    +20  ==> 400
  King Felix             60    +20  ==> 798
  K 2                   300    -200 ==> 733

Votes to reject:
  /dev/joe             -100         ==> 2124
  Blest Lax Monk Pal   -100         ==> 239
  else...if             -80    +10  ==> 233
  Dragon Mage           -60    +20  ==> 2991
  Pure Haste            -65    +17  ==> 489
  ThinMan              -100         ==> 416
  IdiotBoy              -59    +20  ==> 312
  rice                  -60    +20  ==> 292

Abstainers:
  Calvin N Hobbes      
  404 Not Found        
  Taser                
  Robin Hood           
  Vynd                 
  danke                
  Burn the Witch       
  Slakko               
  Niccolo Flychuck     
  two-star             

 Subject: Acka: Proposal 4189
 
 Proposal 4189
 Mdcl Rsrch Ylds Hlth Wrnng.
 K 2
 Due: Tue Jun 15 14:21:33 1999
 Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance
 Status: rejected
 Declared Harfy: at Tue Jun  8 19:41:45 1999 by T. T. Ren

 Rcnt rsrch by Scntsts t th Acknmc Insttt f Gntc Rplctn hs shwn vwls t
 hzrds t yr hlth. Pls rfrn frm sng thm whnvr pssbl. A dt hgh n wrd lk
 syzygy, nymphly nd rhythms s rcmmndd. Lkws smll mnts f dysrhythm my prv
 bnfcl.

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4190 accepted
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:20:06 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4190

Subcommittee vote for: 120   against:0
Subcommittee Acceptance Index: 120.0
Passed subcommittee
Total vote for: 807   Total vote against:-233
Acceptance Index: 457.5: proposal accepted

** This proposal was boring! ** 
5 sub-60 votes out of 9 non-60 votes total.

Votes to accept:
  /dev/joe               60    +20  ==> 2144
  Laa Laa                60    +20  ==> 323
  else...if              60    +20  ==> 253
  Dragon Mage           100         ==> 2991
  rufus                   7    +20  ==> 661
  Ai! Pedrito!           60    +20  ==> 200
  Studge                 60    +20  ==> 420
  IdiotBoy              100         ==> 312
  K 2                   300    -200 ==> 533

Zero Votes:
  Alfvaen                 0    +20  ==> 90
  King Felix              0    +20  ==> 818

Votes to reject:
  Blest Lax Monk Pal   -100         ==> 239
  Pure Haste            -43    +20  ==> 509
  ThinMan               -30    +20  ==> 436
  rice                  -60    +20  ==> 312

Abstainers:
  Calvin N Hobbes      
  404 Not Found        
  Taser                
  Robin Hood           
  Vynd                 
  danke                
  Burn the Witch       
  Slakko               
  Niccolo Flychuck     
  two-star             

 Subject: Acka: Proposal 4190
 
 Proposal 4190
 An End to Modesty
 K 2
 Due: Tue Jun 15 14:21:44 1999
 Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance
 Status: accepted

 This is a Modest Proposal.
 
 {{[The sphere system has the potential to be more interesting]}}
 
 A. Delete the following phrase from Rule 1-4 (When Score Changes Take
 Effect):
 "
 (For instance, if a Modest Proposal passes which changes the score for a
 Modest Proposal passing from 5 to 4, that Proposal would score 5 points,
 since that scoring would occur before the score change.)
 "
 
 B. Amend section III of Rule 2-2 (Scoring When A Proposal's Voting
 Results are Reported) to read in full:
 "
 III. Scoring on Proposals
 
 When a proposal is accepted its author gains 10 points.
 When a proposal is rejected its author loses 7 points.
 
 All players who voted on any proposal receive 2 points..
 "
 
 C. Amend Section V of Rule 2-2 (Scoring When A Proposal's Voting Results
 are Reported) to read in full:
 "
 Newbies shall receive a two points whenever one of their proposals is
 accepted or rejected.
 "
 
 D. Repeal Rule 2-2-1
 
 E. Delete subsection c of section III of Rule 2-2-2 (Literature) which
 reads:
 "
 c) It is not Modest.
 "
 
 F. Delete the following phrase from Rule 8-5 "Winning is Inherently
 Amusing (or Winning by Palindrome)":
 "
 , if the Proposal which created the rule was non-Modest.
 "

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4191 rejected
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:20:17 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4191

Subcommittee vote for: 120   against:0
Subcommittee Acceptance Index: 120.0
Passed subcommittee
Total vote for: 668   Total vote against:-700
Acceptance Index: -382.0: proposal rejected

Votes to accept:
  /dev/joe               60    +20  ==> 2164
  else...if             120    -20  ==> 233
  rufus                   8    +20  ==> 681
  Ai! Pedrito!           60    +20  ==> 220
  Studge                 60    +20  ==> 440
  Dragon Mage            60    +20  ==> 3011
  K 2                   300    -200 ==> 333

Votes to reject:
  Laa Laa              -190    -90  ==> 233
  Blest Lax Monk Pal   -100         ==> 239
  Alfvaen               -90    +5   ==> 95
  ThinMan               -60    +20  ==> 456
  IdiotBoy             -100         ==> 312
  King Felix           -100         ==> 818
  rice                  -60    +20  ==> 332

Abstainers:
  Calvin N Hobbes      
  404 Not Found        
  Taser                
  Robin Hood           
  Vynd                 
  Pure Haste           
  danke                
  Burn the Witch       
  Slakko               
  Niccolo Flychuck     
  two-star             

 Subject: Acka: Proposal 4191
 
 Proposal 4191
 Eh? What?
 K 2
 Due: Tue Jun 15 14:21:54 1999
 Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance
 Status: rejected

 This is a Modest Proposal
 
 The following rules are Elderly:
 
  Rule 7-15 Royal Frinks
  Rule 7-2-4 Baaa
  Rule 7-2-2 Gumball
  Rule 7-2-1 The Magic Potato
  Rule 6-4-17 Spelling Exchequer
  Rule 5-5 Committee for the Protection, Preservation, and Integrity of
  the Arts
  Rule 4-8 Quests Rule Suite & Descendants
  Rule 4-1-2 Crazy French-Scotsmen
  Rule 1-2-2-1 Spell books
  Add "to initiate a flight of the Spelling Bee" to the list of duties of
 
  the Rule-Harfer in 6-4-4.
 
 Repeal all rule designated Elderly by this proposal

------------------------------

End of acka-voting Digest V4 #117
*********************************