Subject: acka-voting Digest V4 #112
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-voting digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 00:00 EDT

acka-voting Digest	Thursday, June 10 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 112

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4195
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:15:40 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4195
Oregon Trail
T. T. Ren
Due: Thu Jun 17 04:15:40 1999
Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance

amend rule 10-2 by 

1) inserting the following TELEPORT-delimited text between the second and
third paragraphs

TELEPORT
In order to offer or accept a trade, or to gift any entities, the donator
and the recipient must be in the same region.  This does not apply to any
rule-mandated payments (CFCJ punishments, for example), or to any
transaction between the treasury and another entity.
TELEPORT

2) removing the second sentence of the fifth paragraph 
3) replacing the final paragraph with the following FRONTIER-delimited text:

FRONTIER   
The Town is a region of Ackanomic located beyond the Wilds.  The default
location for the Town is the Hitching Post.

All Kaas of Land and all Buildings are located in either the City or the
Town, unless otherwise specified by the Rules.

Beyond the Town is the region known only as the Outer Territories.
FRONTIER

Amend rule 10-2 by:

1) replacing the first instance of 'in the City' with 'in the City or Town'
2) appending to the first paragraph 'The Town always has exactly 81 kaas.'
3) replacing 'describing the position of Kaas' with 'describing the
position of City Kaas'
4) appending to the rule 'Kaas in the Town are referred to the same way,
but with reference to the Hitching Post.  They are also prefaced with T to
distinguish them from City Kaas.'

Amend rule 10-2-1 by:

1) replacing all instances of 'Kaa' with 'City Kaa'
2) appending to the first sentence: 'or a Town Kaa for A$20'
{{[Land is cheap in the Town, but the Treasury won't buy it back]}}

Create rule 10-4-2, named Map of the Town, with the following
CLONE-delimited text:

CLONE
The Map of the Town is a map which represents the region of Ackanomic known
as the Town. It should display all locations found within the Town (that
are not themselves within another location). This includes, but is not
limited to, Kaas of land, Buildings, and Towers. The Map of the Town should
also represent in some way whatever lies immediately outside the bounds of
the Town, if anything. The Town itself is square, and the Hitching Post is
in the center of the Town.

The Map-harfer is the officer in charge of the Map of the Town, and is
responsible for maintaining its accuracy. If a location is known to be in
the Town, but exactly where it is in the Town is unknown, then it is the
duty of the Map-harfer to specify a place on the map for that location."
CLONE

Create rule 10-1-9, named Hitching Post, with the following
COWPOKE-delimited text:

COWPOKE
The Hitching Post is a common location at the geographic center of the
Town.  It is where Ackans dry and dusty from travel tie their animals or
vehicles.  Any player at the Hitching Post may tie any animal or vehicle
they own to the Hitching Post as a public action.  It is the Crime of
Hogging the Water Hole for one player to have more than one animal or
vehicle they own tied to the hitching post.
COWPOKE

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4196
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 05:17:58 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4196
More Cleaning
Studge
Due: Thu Jun 17 05:17:57 1999
Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance

Repeal Rule 12-3-7 Single Capture Go
Repeal Rule 12-3-16 Frog, Frog, Frog, Mouse

{{[This consititues the games which I've never seen played and are not in
the dueling grid.  Pretty much everything else is what I'd consider a
cherished part of Acka and can be dealt with in a more controversial
proposal if we really want to get serious about cleaning up the ruleset.]}}

------------------------------

From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 4196
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 05:56:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999 [email-masked] wrote:

> {{[This consititues the games which I've never seen played and are not in
> the dueling grid.  Pretty much everything else is what I'd consider a
> cherished part of Acka and can be dealt with in a more controversial
> proposal if we really want to get serious about cleaning up the ruleset.]}}
> 

 We played Single Capture Go - I won.

 Burn the Witch!

-- 
Jonathan D. Amery, http://www.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/~jda23/home.html     #####
Wild Card of Acka, member of SPAM, wearing Silly Agenda Hats.     o__#######
Holding the Silver Key to the Vault.                               \'#######
Standing between the light and the dark, the candle and the flame.

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4197
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 14:32:53 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4197
Some Cleanup
T. T. Ren
Due: Thu Jun 17 14:32:52 1999
Sphere: Anti-Canada Kamikaze Alliance

{{[paradigm and APP cleanup (they are repealed already) and a resolution of
sorts for the problems raised in my last post]}}

If modesty exists, this is a modest proposal.

Repeal all rules numbered 1-7-x (paradigms are revealed, so individual
paradigms should be)

Amend rule 1-2-8 by replacing 'an APP of random Colour and Shape.' with 'a
pointy ear'

Amend rule 10-1-2-1 by replacing 'a random APP' with 'an A$75 must-describe
trinket'

If P4195 passed, 
1) amend rule 10-2 by appending the following to the third  paragraph (the
paragraph added by P4195):

If a player attempts to accept a trade, or gift an entity, to an entity in
a different region, then the player first moves to the region of the entity
on the other side of the transfer.

2)  delete 'offer or' from the first sentence of the same paragraph

------------------------------

End of acka-voting Digest V4 #112
*********************************