Subject: acka-voting Digest V4 #85
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-voting digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 00:00 EDT

acka-voting Digest	Saturday, April 24 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 085

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4155
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 17:23:12 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4155
Usay it, uname it
else...if
Due: Sat May  1 17:23:11 1999
Sphere: Tocpe

Append the following UUNET delimited text to rule 1-6
UUNET
	It is possible for a proposal or rule to specify that something be
unamed to a string; this is similar to naming, except for certain
exceptions made in this rule.  When an entity is unamed to something
containing a "#" the object is named that string with the last "#" replaced
by the smallest positive integer neccessary to make the name legal.
Unaming an entity to a string not containing a "#" is the same as naming it
to that string.
UUNET

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4156
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 17:23:22 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4156
Institutionalized Backing Stuff Thingee
else...if
Due: Sat May  1 17:23:21 1999
Sphere: Tocpe

	{{[I'm disconnecting Backers from Institutions because they don't
fit under the current Insts. structure, and I don't think it's a good idea
to drasticly revamp Insts. to support them.  As it stands now, chess is
badly messed up, so I ask you to vote for this and reintegrate them with
Insts. after if that's what you wnat.]}}
	Amend rule 16-1-8 to read as delimited by FRIENDSANDFAMILY, and
renumber it to rule 16-2.
FRIENDSANDFAMILY
	All player are either Swingers or Non-Swingers.  A Non-Swinger may
choose to Back a Swinger as a public action.  If the Swinger and more than
half of that Swinger's Backers accept the Non-Swinger publicly, than the
Non-Swinger ceases to Back any other Swingers, and becomes a Backer of the
Swinger who accepted him.  A Backer may cease to Back a Swinger as a public
action.  As a public action, a Backer may approve a Support Payment of a
specified number of A$.  If, within seven days, more than half of the
Backers of the same Swinger approve the Support Payment, it is Ordered.
One week after the Support Payment is ordered, all active Backers of that
Swinger automatically transfer the specified number of A$ to the associated
Coalition.  Backers who don't own the specified number of A$ cease to be
Backers; this is the only way a Backer can cease to be one involuntarily.
If a Swingership is Warm, a Backer may publicly approve that it be
transfered to a specified player.  If, within one week, more than half of
the Backers approve that the Swingership be given to the same player, and
the player accepts, than the Swingership is transfered to that player.  As
a public action, A Backer may approve changing the Swinger's salary.  If
more than half of the Backers of a Swinger approve the same salary change
with seven days, the Swinger's salary is set to that amount.
	Coalitions are unownable, named entities.  Each Swingership has an
associated Coalition.  Coalitions may only own A$ and Point Pointers.  A
Swinger may order eir Coalition to buy PartyChessPieces for the Swinger as
a public action.  The cost of the piece is transfered to the Treasury from
the Coalition, and the Swinger receives the PartyChessPiece.  If the
Swinger would not be allowed to purchase the Piece, e may not order eir
Coalition to.  Point Pointers are ownable, nameless entities which may not
be owned by anything other than a Coalition.
FRIENDSANDFAMILY

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4157
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 18:14:47 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4157
How much wood...
else...if
Due: Sat May  1 18:14:46 1999
Sphere: Hypnotist of Ladies

	Repeal sections III and IV from 6-1 and iv from 6-1-4.  Renumber
the sections of 6-1-4 accordingly.
	Append the following SECRETARY delimited text to rule 6-1
SECRETARY
	III. There are two Cabinets, the Upperand Lower Cabinets.  A player
is a member of a Cabinet if e is an officer or acting officer for an office
which is in that Cabinet.  The Substitutes for a Cabinet are the voting
Officers in that Cabinet who hold those offices in a non-Acting capacity,
ordered in the same order as the offices they hold.
	The following offices are in the Upper Cabinet, from first to last:
President, Speaker, Clerk of the Courts, Financier, Scorekeeper, Promoter,
Tabulator, Count Tabula, Postmaster, Rule-Harfer, Web-Harfer, Map-Harfer,
Org-Harfer, Trinket-Harfer, Treasure-Harfer, Illuminatus.  The following
offices are in the Lower Cabinet, from first to last: Registrar, Herald,
Dean, Spelling Exchequer, General Contractor, Dungeon Master, Evil Math
Troll, Poet Laureate, Scaremonger.
	IV. When a player goes on vacation, e may name one player to be the
Acting Officer for em for each office e holds.  An Acting Officer may
resign as an Acting Officer as a public action, and may optionally specify
a replacement at that time.  If no voting or nonvoting player holds a given
functional office in any capacity (for instance because the holder went on
vacation or resigned as Acting Officer without specifying a replacement),
the office is assigned to the first Substitute in that office's Cabinet who
has not resigned as Acting Officer for that office since it was last held
in a non-Acting capacity.
SECRETARY

------------------------------

End of acka-voting Digest V4 #85
********************************