Subject: acka-voting Digest V4 #82
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-voting digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 00:00 EDT

acka-voting Digest	Monday, April 19 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 082

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4146 accepted
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 01:19:43 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4146

Automatically passed in subcommittee: had no subcommittee.
Total vote for: 260   Total vote against:0
Acceptance Index: 260.0: proposal accepted

Votes to accept:
  Blest Lax Monk Pal     60    +20  ==> 359
  else...if              59    +20  ==> 470
  rufus                  61    +19  ==> 347
  Dragon Mage            80    +10  ==> 3501

Zero Votes:
  K 2                     0    +20  ==> 2616

Votes to reject:

Abstainers:
  r-attila the farce   
  Vynd                 
  /dev/joe             
  Calvin N Hobbes      
  Laa Laa              
  IdiotBoy             
  O Olde Alpha         
  Robin Hood           
  Slakko               
  rice                 
  Fox                  
  danke                
  Burn the Witch       
  Trent                
  Niccolo Flychuck     
  two-star             
  ThinMan              

 Subject: Acka: Proposal 4146
 
 Proposal 4146
 Error 23, Use Before Initialization of variable Generosity
 /dev/joe
 Due: Sat Apr 17 18:49:39 1999
 Sphere: :None:
 Status: accepted
 
 This is a modest proposal.
 Amend Rule 16-1, Spheres, by adding a new paragraph to the end, reading:
 "Each Institution which owns a Spherical Rator has a Characteristic
 named Generosity, which is initially at a value of 0 and has a range
 which includes all the integers."

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4147 accepted
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 01:19:54 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4147

Subcommittee vote for: 219   against:0
Subcommittee Acceptance Index: 219.0
Total vote for: 219   Total vote against:0
Acceptance Index: 219.0: proposal accepted

** This proposal was boring! ** 
3 sub-60 votes out of 4 non-60 votes total.

Votes to accept:
  Blest Lax Monk Pal     60    +20  ==> 379
  else...if              60    +20  ==> 490
  rufus                  18    +20  ==> 367
  Dragon Mage            80    +10  ==> 3511
  rice                    1    +20  ==> 162

Zero Votes:
  K 2                     0    +20  ==> 2636

Votes to reject:

Abstainers:
  r-attila the farce   
  Vynd                 
  /dev/joe             
  Calvin N Hobbes      
  Laa Laa              
  IdiotBoy             
  O Olde Alpha         
  Robin Hood           
  Slakko               
  Fox                  
  danke                
  Burn the Witch       
  Trent                
  Niccolo Flychuck     
  two-star             
  ThinMan              

 Subject: Acka: Proposal 4147
 
 Proposal 4147
 The World's Address 4147
 /dev/joe
 Due: Sun Apr 18 14:04:14 1999
 Sphere: Hypnotist of Ladies
 Status: accepted
 
 This is a modest proposal.
 
 In Rule 2-4, "The Blue Cross", change "OBC to "OMBC" in the sentence which
 reads "Reaching or exceeding BCR 60 makes a player an OBC."
 
 {{[ This is necessary to make this rule match the terminology in the
 Awards and Orders rule, 4-10. 
 This is also a test of the sphere and proposal naming system. ]}}

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4149
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 01:30:06 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4149
You WILL Be Assimilated
rice
Due: Mon Apr 26 01:30:05 1999
Sphere: Wombles of Wibbledon

[ Spurning the Ackanomic University as a collection of crackpots,
lunatics, and Treasure hunters, I had gone to the Library to study.
Perhaps I frank way too much Ali'i Macadamia Nut Ale, perhaps I wandered
too close to *that* room, but I soon drifted into a dreamless sleep, my
cheeks pressed against the surface of the tome I'd been studying.  Jokes
about learning by osmosis aside, I discovered upon awakening that it is
possible to learn by *imprinting*: when I looked in the mirror this
morning, the three-dimensional ink used by the Ancients had formed lines
and whorls on my faces.  Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the
previously undecipherable gibberish was easily legible simply by looking
in a mirror!*  I set to work feverishly transcribing it before my
rebellious integument could erase it.  It seemed to be a treatise on the
economic system of Ackanomic: setting forth the iconoclastic concept that
our economy is based not on material objects like Ackadollars, points or
even Mannnnnnnnnnna from above, but on the very words in our beloved
Rules.  To this end, the Ancients seemed to propose a plan for
bolstering this meta-economy that is stunningly beautiful in its very
simplicity. I set it forth here in the hope that, even if it doesn't
capture the hearts and minds of other Ackans as it did mine, it will at
least ] replace the entire text of the Rule delineating "Paradigm Type:
Inflationary" with the following EGGS-delimited text:

EGGS
It is known to us now that Ackanomic's economy depends not on ephemeral
objects such as points or Ackadollars, but on the words of which our very
Rules are comprised.  While this Paradigm is active, the Ancients'
powerful Device for the Overinflation of a Rule-based eKonomee, or DORK,
shall also be, working tirelessly to bolster and fortify this nebulous
meta-economy.

Therefore, each time text is to be added to the Rules, whether by Proposal
or otherwise, (even if the text is simply to be replaced), the DORK will
change any string in the added text which spells the name of an ordinal or
cardinal number to spell the name of the appropriate number which is one
higher.  For example, "three" would become "four," "sixth" would become
"seventh," and "intentional" would become "ineleventional." However, "2"
or "187" would be unchanged as they are numerals.  The modified text shall
then be inserted into the Rules in place of the original text.

This Rule has sufficient precedence to override any other Rule governing
how Proposals add text to the Ruleset where there is a conflict.
EGGS

I lose 4 points.  The creator of any Rule amended by this Proposal gains 2
points.  Victor Borge gains 2 points.  If any Ackanomic entity is named
"Victor Borge" at the time of this Proposal's passage, then that entity or
that entity's creator, whichever is a player, shall be renamed "Gretchold
the Evil Malenkai's Loophole Troll," including the comma, before any
player scores are affected by this Proposal. This Proposal takes
precedence over any sissy Rule governing name length or timing of effects
generated by Proposals.

[ * Yes, I do know that imprinted text should read "forwards" when
viewed in a mirror.  If you can figure out how the Ancients got it to
show correctly after being reversed twice but not when viewed originally  
 . . you have way too much spare time on your hands. ]

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4150
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 01:30:16 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4150
WITH . . . A HERRING!
rice
Due: Mon Apr 26 01:30:16 1999
Sphere: Wombles of Wibbledon

Any proposal submitted under the Sphere of Influence of the Wombles of
Wibbledon must contain the phrase "This is a Silly Proposal." or at least
one of the approved silly words, or be referred to publically at least
once during its voting period as "silly," "stupid," "weird,"
"game-breaking," "pointless," or "harfy," or else it shall fail in
subcommittee.

{{ Add the text of Proposal 4139 as a new Rule, numbered as the
Rule-Harfer chooses, to the Ruleset. Add the phrase "12 ducks and a
mongoose named Larry" to the list of approved silly words.  Raise Laa
Laa's, Robert Sevin's, and Dr McSpong's scores by 5 points each. }}

------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4151
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 01:30:27 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4151
So Foul, So Terrible . . .
rice
Due: Mon Apr 26 01:30:26 1999
Sphere: Wombles of Wibbledon

If, at any time, there are no Proposals up for voting consideration,
Ackanomic shall experience a great yeenewkleorrrrmeeesseilllllee.  In
penance for helping cause the horrific yeenewkleorrrrmeeesseilllllee, all
players who did not submit a Proposal within the 30 days prior to
the beginning of the yeenewkleorrrrmeeesseilllllee shall lose one-sixth of
their points, their Ackadollars, and their Mannna every Friday precisely
at noon until the end of the yeenewkleorrrrmeeesseilllllee.  The
yeenewkleorrrrmeeesseilllllee can only be ended by the combined force of
seven or more Proposals simultaneously being under voting consideration.

------------------------------

End of acka-voting Digest V4 #82
********************************