Subject: acka-voting Digest V4 #81
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-voting digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 00:00 EDT

acka-voting Digest	Wednesday, April 14 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 081

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Acka: Proposal 4148
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:44:19 -0400 (EDT)

Proposal 4148
See the Constellation 4148
else...if
Due: Wed Apr 21 17:44:18 1999
Sphere: Tocpe

	{{[I'm disconnecting Backers from Institutions because they don't
fit under the current Insts. structure, and I don't think it's a good idea
to drasticly revamp Insts. to support them.  As it stands now, chess is
badly messed up, so I ask you to vote for this and reintegrate them with
Insts. after if that's what you wnat.]}}
	Amend rule 16-1-8 to read as delimited by FRIENDSANDFAMILY, and
renumber it to rule 16-2.
FRIENDSANDFAMILY
	All player are either Swingers or Non-Swingers.  A Non-Swinger may
choose to Back a Swinger as a public action.  If the Swinger and more than
half of that Swinger's Backers accept the Non-Swinger publicly, than the
Non-Swinger ceases to Back any other Swingers, and becomes a Backer of the
Swinger who accepted him.  A Backer may cease to Back a Swinger as a public
action.  As a public action, a Backer may approve a Support Payment of a
specified number of A$.  If, within seven days, more than half of the
Backers of the same Swinger approve the Support Payment, it is Ordered.
One week after the Support Payment is ordered, all active Backers of that
Swinger automatically transfer the specified number of A$ to the associated
Coalition.  Backers who don't own the specified number of A$ cease to be
Backers; this is the only way a Backer can cease to be one involuntarily.
If a Swingership is Warm, a Backer may publicly approve that it be
transfered to a specified player.  If, within one week, more than half of
the Backers approve that the Swingership be given to the same player, and
the player accepts, than the Swingership is transfered to that player.  As
a public action, A Backer may approve changing the Swinger's salary.  If
more than half of the Backers of a Swinger approve the same salary change
with seven days, the Swinger's salary is set to that amount.
	Coalitions are unownable, named entities.  Each Swingership has an
associated Coalition.  Coalitions may only own A$ and Point Pointers.  A
Swinger may order eir Coalition to buy PartyChessPieces for the Swinger as
a public action.  The cost of the piece is transfered to the Treasury from
the Coalition, and the Swinger receives the PartyChessPiece.  If the
Swinger would not be allowed to purchase the Piece, e may not order eir
Coalition to.  Point Pointers are ownable, nameless entities which may not
be owned by anything other than a Coalition.
FRIENDSANDFAMILY

------------------------------

End of acka-voting Digest V4 #81
********************************