Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #202
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest      Monday, November 23 1998      Volume 03 : Number 202

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:30:31 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3794

Proposal 3794
Please Sir. I didn't mean to.
K 2
Due: Mon Nov 30 09:31:10 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

{{[Anyone remember CFCJ 174? Adding the word "correctly" gives officers
a little more breathing space. I was actually thinking of doing away
with Non-Performance and Malpractice and letting the presidential
impeachment process do its thing....]}}

Amend section x (Efficiency) of Rule 401 (Offices, Commonalities) to
read in full:
"
Officers have 3 days to correctly complete the tasks and duties they are
responsible for, not counting any time the officer is vacationing or in
Gaol, unless other rules unambiguously specify a different finite amount
of time for these things.
"

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:30:41 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3795

Proposal 3795
XXXX
K 2
Due: Mon Nov 30 09:31:20 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

Replace the following text from Rule 613 "Winning is pretty harfy
(Winning by doing a lot of stuff)":
"18 Jazz JackRabbit, Passive Contemplator, or Owner of the Amber Banana
Tree"
with:
"18 Jazz JackRabbit or Passive Contemplator"

Replace the following text from Rule 910 (The Ackanomicon):
"
Not so Forbidden Fruit (4 pages): The player has an out of body
experience in which he is transported to an primordial jungle where he
is worshiped as a god by the natives. Upon waking up, he will find that
all he has left to remember it by is an Amber Banana.
"
with:
"
Not so Forbidden Fruit (4 pages): The player has an out of body
experience in which he is transported to an primordial jungle where he
is worshiped as a god by the natives. Upon waking up, he will find that
all he has left to remember it by is a pint of lager.
"

Repeal Rule 921 (Acid Rain Dance).

Repeal Rule 923 (The Amber Banana).

Replace the phrase "eating an Amber Banana" with "frinking a pint of
lager" in Rule 943 (Hula!).

Replace the phrase "III. If a player is in the Wilds of Ackanomic, he
receives an Amber Banana" in Rule 975 (Yes Virginia) with "III. If a
player is in the Wilds of Ackanomic, he receives a pint of lager."

{{All Amber Bananas are turned into a pint of lager.}}

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:39:54 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3796

Proposal 3796
Swan
K 2
Due: Mon Nov 30 09:40:33 1998

On the line immediately following the following text from Rule 1390.2
(Royal Frinks):
"
Right Handed Grapefruit juice is a Royal Frink.
"
insert the following text:
"
Lager, Sir is a Royal Frink.
"

------------------------------

From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3797
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:09:51 -0500 (EST)

Proposal 3797
The Doppleslakko did SOMEthing..or should have
Pol Pot
Due: Mon Nov 30 17:09:50 1998

K2 is considered to have found treasure 207

[Treasure 207 (Attila the Pun, April 5th, 1998):

I am creating a trinket, valued at A$100, known as "The Mu-Cow." It has the
following description: "It is green and it is not green." 

I am burying the Mu-Cow, and revealing the following, which might have some
relation to its map: 

di,noy s [tp[sds; ejovj trvorbrd mp URD bpyrd smf fprd mpy gso; wipti,
yp gomf yjr <i=Vpe/]

------------------------------

From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3798
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:38:15 -0500 (EST)

Proposal 3798
Out of good proposal titles
else...if
Due: Mon Nov 30 17:38:14 1998

	Create rule 851.1, "The Best and the Most Logical" with the
following NITROGENOUSBASE-containing text
NITROGENOUSBASE
	If a player believes that a rule is so clever and well thought out
that it deserves special notice, they may call a Remembrance hearing on
that rule, and they become the Hearing Harfer for it.  The valid responses
to this hearing are "It's not bad, but it's not good.  It must be ugly" and
"YES!".  If the result is the former the player who called the hearing pays
the SHF to the Treasury.  If the result is the latter the rule becomes an
Excellent rule.  The rule-harfer should mark excellent rules as such.  The
player who created that rule receives a Gold Star, which is a nontradeable,
nameless entity engraved with the title of the rule it was awarded for.
	When an excellent rule is repealed, its original text (that is its
text at the time it was most recently created prior to its repeal) and its
text at the time it was repealed are both stored in the Harfonian, along
with the number of the proposal which created it and any other proposals
the Archivist feels especially contributed to it.
NITROGENOUSBASE

------------------------------

From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3799
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 18:23:51 -0500 (EST)

Proposal 3799
Squashing Hubert
K 2
Due: Mon Nov 30 18:23:51 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

Delete the following text from Rule 675 (Mercury Poisoning):
"
2) A player trades A$10 to the Mad Hatters in exchange for a Visible
Agenda Hat, and the player involved in the trade was not the last player
to trade this particular Agenda Hat to the Mad Hatters. 
"
and insert the following text as a separate paragraph in its stead:
"
The Mad Hatters are permitted to call a public auction on any of the
Agenda Hats they own and will do so upon request. When the Mad Hatters
call an auction, the illuminatus shall initiate it and the minimum shall
be A$10.
"

------------------------------

From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3800
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 19:04:49 -0500 (EST)

Proposal 3800
Paradigm Switch
else...if
Due: Mon Nov 30 19:04:48 1998

	Create rule 325, "Experiment Rule Suite" with the following
SEMIINTRODUCED-delimited text:
SEMIINTRODUCED
	An Experiment is something which although accepted may still be
removed.  Each rule in this rule suite other than this one is an
Experiment.  All rules in this rule suite other than this one must consist
of a series of changes to the ruleset, like a proposal.  As long as the
Experiment exists the game is played as if the changes in that Experiment
had taken effect.  An Experiment which alters any rule in this rule suite,
including this one, is invalid and is instantly repealed.
	When an Experiment is created all players will have their Support
characteristic for that Experiment set to Supportive.  The Support
characteristic may only be Supportive or Opposed, and may be changed by the
characterized player as a public action.  If more than one-half of the
players are Opposed to an Experiment then upon a player publicly noting
that, the Experiment is repealed.  Two months after an Experiment is
created, if a minority of the players are opposed to it, its changes are
actually applied to the rules as if it were an accepted proposal and it is
repealed.
SEMIINTRODUCED

------------------------------

From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3801
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 19:04:59 -0500 (EST)

Proposal 3801
Just a tweak...or is it?
else...if
Due: Mon Nov 30 19:04:58 1998

Replace all occurances of the word "Government" in the ruleset with "Paradigm"

------------------------------

From: Gabe Drummond-Cole <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3800
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 20:47:31 -0500 (EST)

At 07:04 PM 11/23/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Proposal 3800
>Paradigm Switch
>else...if
>Due: Mon Nov 30 19:04:48 1998
>
>

Please reword this.  Characteristics must be numbers (ie 0 and 1) by the
characteristic rule.  Note that rebelliousness is mandated to be 0 for OFF
and 1 for ON.

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #202
*********************************