Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #201
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest      Sunday, November 22 1998      Volume 03 : Number 201

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 03:07:03 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3772

Proposal 3772
A Real Museum Fix
JT
Due: Sun Nov 29 03:07:38 1998

{{[
   This proposal has a couple of effects.  One it makes it so that
   museum win trinkets cannot be art-thiefed out of the museum even
   by accident.
   Second, it allows the forgeries rule to stay as it is now, which
   makes (honestly) less work for the harfers which is a good thing
   while still stopping the donate, call forgery, break up, recreate,
   repeat scam we saw a few days ago.
   It also recreates the concepts of Magicks, and gives them back to
   the Trinket-Harfer to harf.
]}}

Amend rule 850 (Museum) by appending the following text as delimited
by MAGICK to the end of Section VII. The Value of Winning
MAGICK

When a Trinket is moved to the West Wing of the museum according to the
previous paragraph it becomes a Magick.
MAGICK

Create a new rule numbered 507 and titled Magicks with the following
text as delimited by MAGICKS
MAGICKS
A class of named entities known as Magicks exist.   Magicks are non-tradeable
entities.   Magicks always have a name, a description, and an original value.

When a rule directs that a Trinket becomes a Magick, the Trinket is destroyed
and a new Magick is created with the same name and description of the destroyed
trinket and an original value equal to the value of the destroyed Trinket.

A Trinket may only become a Magick as directed by the rules, and no other
entity other than Trinkets may be transformed into Magicks.
MAGICKS

Amend rule 428 (Trinket-Harfer) by appending the the following AND_MAGICKS
delimited text
AND_MAGICKS
   b) To keep an accurate record of all Magick names, original values, and
   descriptions, and to make that record available to any player on
   request.
AND_MAGICKS

{{All Trinkets currently in the West Wing of the Museum become Magicks}}

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 06:48:07 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3773

Proposal 3773
Share What Income?  I'm Already Skint!
Slakko
Due: Sun Nov 29 06:48:43 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

[If your SYI has been Go Fished, you have already lost out.  Why should
others then be able to penalise you for your attempt?  Actually, I think
this whole nesting of SYI attacks makes things less than fun, turning it
into a battle of who can get hold of the most Otzma Cards.]

Replace the first paragraph of Rule 1240.7 with the following
CLEAN-delimited text:

CLEAN
An Otzma Card of this type can only be played in the public forum. 
When a player plays this a Card of this type e also names another player,
and a sum of money which is at most half of a Valid Sum of Money the named
player received in the preceding three days (All sums of money
received by players are Valid Sums except for amounts received as a
direct result of the playing of one or more Otzma Cards).  The Named
player transfers that same amount to the player who played the Card. 
CLEAN

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:46:10 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3774

Proposal 3774
Organisational Policies
K 2
Due: Sun Nov 29 14:46:47 1998

{{[When there isn't a scam in the offing societies just sit around and
do nothing. Churches on the other hand have become a vehicle for players
to circumvent ownership restrictions and penalties, since church
policies can allow players to retrieve eir entities with out the even
having to disturb eir co-members.

This proposal reduces the powers of church policies and permits other
org types to own em.]}}

1. Create a rule numbered 1000 with the title "Zzimzypolicies" and the
text:
"
Zzimzypolicies are documents and entities.
"

2. {{All existing church policies are converted into Zzimzypolicies
owned by the church who's policy it was created from. }}

3. Create a rule numbered 1018 with the title "Organisational Policies"
and the text:
"
I. Description

Each organisation may own a single policy. A policy is a entity and a
document. Polices have effect within Ackanomic, only as described within
the rules.

Organisations may attempt the any of the following as organisational
actions:
i) create a policy in its possession, provided it doesn't already own
one.
ii) destroy its policy.
iii) reveal or hide any part of its policy.

Only the revealed portion of a policy has effect within Ackanomic. This
paragraph takes precedence over any rule which would allow otherwise but
defers to the following paragraph.

A policy may only be modified as described in that document or as an
organisational action, unless it explicitly prohibits itself from being
modified in that manner. Such modifications need not be made public
except that any modifications to a revealed section of an organisation's
policy must be reported publicly before the new version shall have
effect within Ackanomic.

II. Effects

An organisation's policy may :

i) place requirements upon its members.

ii) detail penalties that will apply to a member who fails to meet a
particular requirement. Unless specified otherwise the organisation
shall receive the proceeds of the penalty.

iii) establish conditions under which :
a) an entity's request for membership in the organisation may be granted

b) an entity may be removed from the organisation.

iv) contain other information, except that such information shall only
have effect within Ackanomic as permitted by the rules.

If any member of an organisation, which is not a VSO, publicly points
out that a member of the same organisation is currently in violation of
that organisation's policy then the penalty described in the policy is
applied to the member who is in violation.

III. Restrictions

Unless the rules specify otherwise, an entity transfer initiated by a
policy must abide by the following restrictions, otherwise it does not
occur:
i) it may only involve the org and its members, except that it may also
transfer entities to the treasury.
ii) it must be legal, at the time the transfer is initiated, for it to
occur as a voluntary trade between the effected entities.

If a particular section of a policy requires a member to perform an
action which is either illegal or impossible for that member, then that
section shall have no effect on that member.

A policy may not force any of its members to meet any of its
requirements.
"

4. {{All Zzimzypolicies are converted into Policies. }}

5. Repeal Rule 1000 (Zzimzypolicies).

6. Create a rule numbered 1014 with the title "Churches and Cults: and
the following text:
"
I. Churches
A church is an organisation.

A church may not be founded until at least three players in addition to
the pseudo-founder have expressed eir consent to join.

The player who founds a church is its founder. A church's founder may
ordain and defrock priests. A player will remain a priest of that church
until defrocked or e is no longer a member of the church.

A church's Policy may specify which of its members are permitted to
ordain and defrock priests, otherwise it shall be the privilege of the
church's founder.

A Church may own and trade currency and Entities.

If a Church ever has no Priests, or (Heaven Forbid!) fewer than zero
Priests, or fewer than four members, it is transformed into a Cult.

II. Cults
A cult is an organisation.
It is impermissible for a Cult to trade or to use any Organisational
Powers. This takes precedence over R1003.
"

7. Repeal rule 1301 (Church).
{{[Rule 1014 now defines Churches]}}

8. Repeal Rule 1007.1 (Admissions Policies).
{{[Policies are now permitted to carry out this function]}}

9. Amend Rule 1003 (Organizations) in the following ways:

9.1 Replace the following phrase from section 1 (Forming an
Organization):
"
Additionally the founder may establish the organisation's admissions
policy at this time, otherwise the Standard Admissions
policy shall apply.
"
with
"
Additionally the founder may create an Organisational Policy in the
possession of the organisation at this time.
"

9.2 Replace the following text from section 2 (Organization
Disbandment):
"
When an Organization is disbanded, everything owned by the Organization
is transferred to the Treasury, all members of the
Organization are no longer considered to be members of the Organization
with any attendant effects [such as Swinger/Party
Hall], and the Organization is then no more.
"
with:
"
When an Organization is disbanded, its organisational policy, if it owns
one, is destroyed, everything owned by the Organization is transferred
to the Treasury, all members of the Organization are no longer
considered to be members of the Organization with any attendant effects
[such as Swinger/Party Hall], and the Organization is then no more.
"

9.3 Replace the following text from section 3 (Very Small
Organizations):
"
b. Change admissions policy
"
with
"
b. Modify, reveal and hide sections of its Organisational Policy.
"

10. {{[The Organisation section of the rules is getting a little mixed
up so the following groups the rules into three subsections: General
(1000-1004), the different types of (1010-1014), Powers (1020-1023).]}}

{{[General]}}
Renumber Rule 1003 (Organizations) to 1000
Renumber Rule 1005 (Organizational Action) to 1001
Renumber Rule 1006 (When You Don't Get a Say) to 1002
Renumber Rule 1007 (Organizational Name Change) to 1003
Renumber Rule 1004 (Societies) to 1010
Renumber Rule 10018 (Organisational Policies) and to 1004

{{[Types of]}}
Renumber Rule 1011 (Excavation Permit) to 1021
Renumber Rule 1009 (Political Parties and Rewarding Party Unity) to 1011

Renumber Rule 1017 (Trusts) to 1012

{{[Powers]}}
Renumber Rule 1008 (Organizational Powers) to 1020
Renumber Rule 1013 (Secret Laboratories) to 1022
Renumber Rule 1015 (More Than Human) to 1023

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:46:21 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3775

Proposal 3775
How to Summon Frozen Water Deities.
K 2
Due: Sun Nov 29 14:46:57 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

{{[During the Senate's most recent take over of the game state, I had a
chat with Mr. Lunatic Fringe. During the course of our devious
scheming... erm chat, e admitted e was thinking of re-joining the game
but expressed some concern that (if e did) e would need help to re-learn
the game. Thus:

Players who have been On Ice for more than 90 days become newbies when
they re-join and receive a complimentary Mentor. Of course this means
they can exploit the Crazy French Scotsman rule... :) ]}}

1. Append the following text to the end of the list in section II
(Player-related Definitions) of Rule 250 (Players and Player States):
g) A Player who has changed eir state from On Ice less than 21 days ago
having been On Ice continuously for at least 90 days prior to that, is
also a newbie. At any time while e is still a newbie, e may request that
the registrar select a mentor for em.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:46:31 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3776

Proposal 3776
I'm a Teapot
K 2
Due: Sun Nov 29 14:47:07 1998

I was young and foolish then, I feel old and foolish now.

This is a Modestly Silly Proposal.

On any Tuesday for which the date is prime, there shall be pudding for
everyone, except cows (since cows eat grass) and those pesky aliens
(since pudding contains monosodium glutamate).

Pudding was considered by the ancients to be a Royal Frink. In fact is
it said the Tensor, a well known loophole surfing expert of yore, would
frink great quantities of it before reading the rules.

Since Pudding is a Royal Fink,  players who are caught publicly eating
pudding (as opposed to frinking it) shall be tarred and feathered. A
player who has been tarred and feathered in this manner shall be
considered to be a cow since they shall be indistinguishable in
appearance from real cows.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:46:42 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3777

Proposal 3777
Contractual Obligations.
K 2
Due: Sun Nov 29 14:47:18 1998

Replace the following text from Rule 560 (Contracts):
"
Any player may sign a public Contract by paying the Standard Harfer Fee
and signing it as a public action.

Any player may sign a private Contract by paying the Standard Harfer Fee
and signing it as a public action. If the creator of the Contract
agrees, then the Contract is signed by the player.
"
with:
"
Any player may sign a public Contract as a public action.

Any player may sign a private Contract as a public action. If the
creator of the Contract agrees, then the Contract is signed by the
player.
"

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:46:53 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3778

Proposal 3778
Unau
K 2
Due: Sun Nov 29 14:47:29 1998

This is a Modest Proposal

Add the following text as a new entry in the list of Repeatably
Honourable Acts in Rule 550.1 (Honourable Acts).
"
1 Honour : Being elected to a Political Office.
2 Honour : Being appointed to a Functional Office.
"

Replace the following text in Rule 550.2 (Dishonourable Acts):
"2 Honour: gaining the Chartreuse Goose for a failed PWCFJ."
with
"2 Honour: gaining the Chartreuse Goose for a failed PWCFJ or CWCFJ."

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:47:03 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3779

Proposal 3779
Evil
K 2
Due: Sun Nov 29 14:47:40 1998

This is a Modest proposal.

Append the following paragraph to Rule 550.3 "Honour among Thieves (Take
1)":

If there is one player who has a lower honour score than all other
players, and that honour score is less than -20, then that player is
Evil and all other players cease to be Evil.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:47:14 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3780

Proposal 3780
Lets give em something to do
K 2
Due: Sun Nov 29 14:47:50 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

{{[CSRs become the sole province of the CSRR. Players may make
submissions to the CSRR]}}

Replace the following text from Rule 421.1 (Office of Common Sense,
Redundancy, and Redundancy):
"
It is a privilege of the Office of CSRR to author Common Sense Reports
in accordance with the Rules on said Reports.
"
with:
"
Office of CSRR has the following Privileges:
i) to author Common Sense Reports in accordance with the Rules on said
Reports.

Office of CSRR has the following Duties:
i) to author Common Sense Reports which include any appropriate text
sent to em by any player for that purpose.
ii) to publicly announce the enaction, or failure of a CSR.
"

Amend Rule 421.2 (Common Sense Reports) to read in full:
"
A Common Sense Report (CSR) is a list of suggested changes to the Rules
or other documents, but is not a proposal. A CSR may only be authored by
the CSRR.

Whenever the CSRR authors a CSR, he must assign it a unique number and
distribute it publicly. After it has been distributed, any player may
publicly object to that CSR. 3 days after it has been distributed, the
changes described in a CSR are enacted, unless 2 or more players
objected to the CSR within those 3 days.
"

Delete Secetion 5 of Rule 311 (Rule Suites) which reads:
"
5) Each Rule Suite (being the collection of all rules X.Y for some fixed
integer X which satisfy the above conditions) may have
exactly one Office as its Custodian. It is a privilege of an Office to
issue a CSR which only modifies rules in the Rule Suite or
Rule Suites of which that Office is Custodian.
"

Delete the sentence which reads "The Herald is the Custodian of the
Honour System Rule Suite." from Rule 550 (Honour System Rule Suite)

Delete section VII (Custodianship) of Rule 950 (Ackanomic Sound System
Rule Suite) which reads:
"The DeeJay is Custodian of the Ackanomic Sound System Rule Suite (the
950.Y rules)."

Delete Section 6 (Custodianship) of Rule 1060 (Transnomicial Trade Pacts
Rule Suite.) which reads:
"The Ambassador is Custodian of the Transnomicial Trade Pacts Rule Suite
(the 1060.Y rules)."

Delete the following text from Rule 1230 (Party Chess Rule Suite):
"
The ChessUmpire is the Custodian of the Party Chess Rule Suite (the
1230.Y rules).
"

Amend Rule 1240 (Otzma Cards Rule Suite) by deleting the following text:

"
The RuneMaker is the Custodian of the Otzma Card Rule Suite (the 1240.Y
rules).
"

Amend Rule 210 (Literature) by deleting section V which reads:
"
V. Any player may issue a CSR that consists solely of modifications to
the Literature list. Otherwise, the Literature list may only
be modified by Proposals and by the Spelling Bee.
"

Amend Rule 346 (The Ackanomic Lexicon) by deleting the following text:
"
Any Player may author a CSR which modifies only the Ackanomic Lexicon.
"

Delete section d of Rule 407.1 (Rule-Harfer) which reads:
"
d) To submit Common Sense Reports (CSRs) which only affect rule numbers
and rule number references in the rules.
"

Amend Rule 422 (Postmaster) by deleting the following text:
"
It is a privilege of the Postmaster to issue CSRs that consist solely of
modifications to the Postal Code.
"

Delete the following text from Rule 847 (Earthquakes):
"
The Map-Harfer may author a CSR within three days of announcing that a
Really Bad Earthquake has occurred, he should restrict this CSR to
altering the Rules in regards to Locations.
"

Delete item b which reads "b) Common Sense Reports" from the lettered
list in Rule 330 (Retractions) and re-letter the list as appropriate.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:47:24 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3781

Proposal 3781
****
K 2
Due: Sun Nov 29 14:48:00 1998

This is a Modest Proposal

Repeal Rule 432 (Son I am able though you scare me / Watch beloved /
Watch me scare you though / Able am I son)
{{ The Office of Scaremonger is Destroyed}}

Append the following text to Rule 424 (Poet Laureate) as a separate
paragraph:
"
The Poet Laureate may be refered to as the Scaremonger.
"

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:47:34 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3782

Proposal 3782
Wham!
K 2
Due: Sun Nov 29 14:48:11 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

Repeal Rule 594.3 (Blueprint: Whamiol)

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:47:45 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3783

Proposal 3783
Chorg
K 2
Due: Sun Nov 29 14:48:21 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

Repeal Rule 594.9 (Blueprint: Spell Book of Chorg)

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:47:55 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3784

Proposal 3784
The Benefits of being one of a constutionally limited
K 2
Due: Sun Nov 29 14:48:32 1998

number of players
This is a Modest Proposal.

Repeal Rule 1044 (The Benefits of Swinging)

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:48:05 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3785

Proposal 3785
Whatever happened to scarcity
K 2
Due: Sun Nov 29 14:48:42 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

Replace section a (Otzma Card Conversion) of Rule 1045 (Alternative uses
for points) with:
"
(i) A Player may convert 10 points into an Otzma Card randomly selected
from those types with an F-Designation of Common.

(ii) A Player may convert 15 points into an Otzma Card randomly selected
from those types with an F-Designation of Normal or Common.

(iii) A Player may convert 20 points into an Otzma Card of a randomly
determined type.
"

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:48:16 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3786

Proposal 3786
Anti-Voting Rules
K 2
Due: Sun Nov 29 14:48:52 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

Create a rule as a member of Governments Rule Suite (rule 320) with the
title "Government Type: AntiVoting" with the text:
"
I. Government Definition.
While the AntiVoting government type is active, scoring for anti-voting
shall be active. Additionally players shall not receive points for
simply voting.

Anti-Voting is defined as voting NO on an accepted proposal or voting
YES on a rejected proposal (determined at the end of the prescribed
voting period).

II. Scoring for anti-voting.
Players who anti-vote on a proposal shall gain:
i) one point if it was Modest.
ii) three points if it was Non-Modest.
iii) five points if it was Grandiose.
"

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:48:26 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3787

Proposal 3787
Inflation
K 2
Due: Sun Nov 29 14:49:03 1998

Create a rule as a member of Governments Rule Suite (rule 320) with the
title "Government Type: Inflationary" with the text:
"
At the time this government type becomes active and every week
thereafter the following shall occour:
i) The Standard Harfer Fee shall be set to a random number between 5 and
50.
ii) The price of an unowned Kaa of land shall be changed to a random
number between 25 and 75.
iii) The price a player may sell land to the treasury for shall be
changed to a random number between 5 and 50.
iv) The amount which N is multiplied by in Rule 855 (Monolith) is set to
a random number between 25 and 75.

The values generated in the pervious section superceed the relevent
values specified elsewhere in the rules.

A player may not buy or sell more than 5 Kaa of land during any 7 day
period.
"

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:48:37 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3788

Proposal 3788
An important date.
K 2
Due: Sun Nov 29 14:49:13 1998

This is a Modest Proposal
Amend Rule 975 (Yes Virginia) by replacing the phrase "August 28th" with
"April 4th and August 28th" whereever it apears.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:48:49 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3789

Proposal 3789
Generic Proposal Title #3789
K 2
Due: Sun Nov 29 14:49:24 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

Add the following text as a new section immediatly after the final
numbered section [VI] in Rule 975 (Yes Virginia) and number is
appropriatly:
"
If both players invovled in a duel are in the free market, when the duel
is resolved, the thrall attribute of the loser is set to the name of the
winner.
"

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:48:58 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3790

Proposal 3790
Generic Proposal Title #3790
K 2
Due: Sun Nov 29 14:49:34 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

Add the following text as a new section immediatly after the final
numbered section [VI] in Rule 975 (Yes Virginia) and number is
appropriatly:
"
If a player is on a Moon eir Air Skill is increased by 5. If the Moon is
full, however, all of eir elemental skills are incresed by 5.
"

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:49:08 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3791

Proposal 3791
Flow Voting
K 2
Due: Sun Nov 29 14:49:44 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

Create a rule as a member of Governments Rule Suite (rule 320) with the
title "Government Type: Flow Voting" with the text:
"
I. Government Definition.
While the Flow Voting government type is active, scoring for flow-voting
shall be active. Additionally players shall not receive points for
simply voting.

Flow-Voting is defined as voting YES on an accepted proposal or voting
NO on a rejected proposal (determined at the end of the prescribed
voting period).

II. Scoring for flow-voting.
Players who flow-vote on a proposal shall gain:
i) one point if it was Modest.
ii) three points if it was Non-Modest.
iii) five points if it was Grandiose.
"

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:49:21 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3792

Proposal 3792
Legit ut clericus
K 2
Due: Sun Nov 29 14:49:55 1998

[If a clerk had been taken
For stealing of bacon.
For burglary, murder, or rape.
If he could but rehearse
(Well prompt) his neck-verse,
He never could fail to escape.''
British Apollo (1710).]

Add neckverse to the Ackanomic Lexicon.

# end proposal

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 15:12:56 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3793

Proposal 3793
Generic Proposal Title #3793
K 2
Due: Sun Nov 29 15:13:32 1998

Amend Rule 320 (Governments Rule Suite) by replacing the following text:

"
4. Exactly one week after the Revolution started the Proto-Government
shall become Active.
"
with:
"
4. Exactly three days after the Revolution started the Proto-Government
shall become Active.
"

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #201
*********************************