Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #200
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest     Saturday, November 21 1998     Volume 03 : Number 200

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 00:52:40 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3768

Proposal 3768
It Hurt My Eyes
Alfvaen
Due: Sat Nov 28 00:53:12 1998

This is a Modest proposal.

Repeal Rule 206, "Keep 'Em In The Game".

{{[ The Otzma Creation loophole should be patched soon, but if anything
like it comes along in the future, it would be a bad idea.  And there's
also all those Puppetheaders who've been taking advantage of it. ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 02:51:24 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3769

Proposal 3769
Don't Annoy the Harfers
JT
Due: Sat Nov 28 02:51:56 1998

This is a modest proposal.
Amend rule 721 (Annoyances) as follows by replacing section IV with the
following text as delimited by EVEN_MORE_ANNOYING
EVEN_MORE_ANNOYING
   IV. Disrespecting the Harfers

   Showing a lack of respect to the officers who harf the game when they
   are acting in their capacity as officers, or refusing to acknowledge
   the work done by such functional officers is Annoying. It is also very
   impolite.

   It is considered disrepectful to the harfers to include actions in a
   majority of messages over a given 24 hour period such that those
   actions continuosly require a harfer to check or modify some piece of
   data.  [Examples of this would be adding "More than 50% of the players
   have a rebelliousness characteristic set to 'on'" or "Happy! Happy!
   Happy!" or "I remove myself from the CFJ ineligibility list".]  A
   player who does not take the time to check the game conditions to the
   best of eir ability before performing an action that is dependant
   on game conditions is Annoying, Impolite, and downright Obnoxious.
EVEN_MORE_ANNOYING

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 10:16:18 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3770

Proposal 3770
Space Travel
else...if
Due: Sat Nov 28 10:16:48 1998

	Create rule 827, "Cross-Temporal Hyper-Undulating Location Harfing
Unstabilizers" reading as delimited by GADGET
GADGET
	Cross-Temporal Hyper-Undulating Location Harfing Unstabilizers may
be purchased by a player from the Treasury for A$200.  CTHULHUs are
nameless, tradeable entities which are either ACTIVE or INACTIVE.  The
owner of an INACTIVE CTHULHU may link it to a building e owns which does
not already have a CTHULU linked to it; it ceases to be linked to any other
buildings the CTHULHU was already linked to.  A linked CTHULHU may be
ACTIVEated.  An ACTIVE CTHULHU may be INACTIVEated.  An INAVCTIVE linked
CTHULHU may be delinked, at which time it ceases to be linked to any
buildings.  An ACTIVE CTHULHU may not be delinked or traded.
	When a CTHULHU is ACTIVE, a dial appears on it which has all the
numbers from 1 to the number of kaas the building it is linked to is on,
however it may only be set to integers in that range.  Only the owner of a
CTHULHU may set its dial.  When an earthquake occurs, a building which is
linked to an ACTIVE CTHULHU should consist of a number of non-contiguous
pieces equal to the number on the dial after the earthquake.
	The owner of an ACTIVE CTHULHU may pay one SHF to the Treasury and
one to the Map-Harfer to trigger an earthquake.
	This rule takes priority over rules which would allow ACTIVE
CTHULHUs to be traded or rules which give alternate instructions for what
should be done with buildings during an earthquake.
GADGET

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 23:31:30 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3771

Proposal 3771
Beyond The Bounds of Reason
Alfvaen
Due: Sat Nov 28 23:32:05 1998

This is a Modest proposal.

Amend Rule 431, "Illuminatus", to replace the sentence
"The Illuminatus shall announce a call for Agenda Condition submissions
if, for any reason, the player currently holding the office of
Illuminatus has announced no such call during the current cycle."
with
"The Illuminatus has the Duty to announce a call for Agenda Condition
submissions if, for any reason, the player currently holding the office
of Illuminatus has announced no such call during the current cycle,
and there is no call for Agenda Conditions currently in progress."

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #200
*********************************