Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #193
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest     Tuesday, November 10 1998     Volume 03 : Number 193

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:15:39 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3723

Proposal 3723
Get back Alfvaen. I mean it! Come one step closer and
K 2
Due: Tue Nov 17 10:15:37 1998

I'll have to appologise profusly and run away.

This a Modest Proposal.

Create a new rule numbered 599 with the title "Alfvaen's Swansong" and
the following RATHERPOORLY delmited text.

RATHERPOORLY
Alfvaen is permitted to submit a single CFJ which alleges e has gained a
winning condition during the game of Ackanomic. Such a CFJ is a
Cycle-Win CFJ.

An instant after it ceases to be legal to appeal a Cycle-Win CFJ ,which
meets the critrea in the previous paragraph this rule shall repeal
itself.

This rule takes precedence over Rule 600 (Winning Conditions) were it
conflicts on what consitues a Cycle-Win CFJ.
RATHERPOORLY

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:36:45 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3724

Proposal 3724
Scam Orgs Suck
K 2
Due: Tue Nov 17 10:36:43 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

I. Amend Rule 1003 (Organizations) in the following ways:

a) amend section 6 (Player Liberty Clause) by appending as a separate
paragraph the following text:
"
No player may become a member of an Organisation such that the H
Similarity between that Organisation and any other would be greater than
70%.
"

{{All players who are members of an Organisation, excluding political
parties,  with a H Similarity with another organisation of greater than
75% are simultaneously removed from those organisations. }}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:36:56 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3725

Proposal 3725
BWG Sucks
K 2
Due: Tue Nov 17 10:36:54 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

1. Amend Rule 1003 (Organizations) in the following way:

I. In Section 1 (Forming an Organization):

a) Append to the third paragraph which reads:
"
If during those 7 days at least two additional players publically
announce that they wish to join the Organization the pseudo-Founder
intends to form, and the pseudo-Founder agrees, then the pseudo-Founder
forms the Organization by announcing the Organization's name, its
type,pays the standard Harfer's Fee, and announces the name of its
members.
"
the following text:
"
Additionally the founder may establish the organisation's admissions
policy at this time, otherwise the Standard Admissions policy shall
apply.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:37:06 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3726

Proposal 3726
EBS Abuse Sucks
K 2
Due: Tue Nov 17 10:37:04 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

Amend Rule 594.7 (Blueprint: Evil Ballot Stuffer) in the following ways:

I. Insert the following paragraph after the third paragraph:
"
The first time an EBS is used during a hearing or election, if more than
two EBSs have responses recorded at that point, the EBS shall smash the
EBS who's current response was earliest excluding any EBSs which have
already been smashed during that hearing or election. A smashed EBS
becomes broken when the hearing or elections results are released.
"

II. Append the following paragraph to the end of the rule:
"
If a player owns more than one EBS then the extra EBSs e owns are
destroyed, starting with any broken ones. The previous sentence shall
have no effect during the first week of its addition to the rules set,
at which point this sentence shall be removed.
"

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:37:17 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3727

Proposal 3727
A 25 Point Penalty Per Month Sucks
K 2
Due: Tue Nov 17 10:37:15 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

Remove Item 20 "DoppelSlakko" and Item 22 "in Gaol" from Rule 613
"Winning is pretty harfy (Winning by doing a lot of stuff)" and renumber
the list.

Repeal Rule 1201 (The Illustrious DoppelSlakko).

{{The office of DoppelSlakko is destroyed.}}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:49:31 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3728

Proposal 3728
Get back Alfvaen. I mean it! Come one step closer and /
K 2
Due: Tue Nov 17 10:49:24 1998

I'll have to apologise profusely and run away.

This a Modest Proposal.

Create a new rule numbered 599 with the title "Alfvaen's Swansong" and
the following RATHERPOORLY delimited text.

RATHERPOORLY
Alfvaen is permitted to submit a single CFJ which alleges e has gained a
winning condition during the game of Ackanomic. Such a CFJ is a
Cycle-Win CFJ.

An instant after it ceases to be legal to appeal a Cycle-Win CFJ ,which
meets the criteria in the previous paragraph this rule shall repeal
itself.

This rule takes precedence over Rule 600 (Winning Conditions) were it
conflicts on what constitutes a Cycle-Win CFJ.
RATHERPOORLY

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 12:35:36 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3729

Proposal 3729
Self-Deleting Text Sucks
K 2
Due: Tue Nov 17 12:35:33 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

{{The title of Puzzler is given to a randomly chosen active player.}}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 12:35:46 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3730

Proposal 3730
Un-used Rules Suck
K 2
Due: Tue Nov 17 12:35:43 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

Repeal Rule 1020 (Dispensations)

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 12:35:57 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3731

Proposal 3731
Implict Financial Transactions Suck
K 2
Due: Tue Nov 17 12:35:54 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

A. Amend Section IV (Scope and Precedence) of Rule 1250.1 (Games &
Contests) by
I.  reletting part e) to f)
II.  inserting the following between parts d) and f):
"
e) Entity manipulations which are generated as a result of a particular
instance of a game shall not occur until either the referee or one of
the participants publicly enumerates the manipulations that the game
requires.
"

B.  Amend Rule 506 (Trinkets) by:
I. deleting the following text:
" A player-created Trinket, whose name contains the name of a current or
former player other than that of the creating player, such that the
player name in question existed before the Trinket was created, and
which has not been owned at some time by each player whose name it
contains, is a forgery. The rules may define other circumstances under
which a Trinket is a forgery.
"
and inserting the following text as a separate paragraph before the
second last paragraph:
"
If a player-created Trinket, contains the name of a current or former
player other than that of the creating player, such that the player name
in question existed before the Trinket was created, and which has not
been owned at some time by each player whose name it contains, and a
player points this fact out publicly, it is a forgery. The rules may
define other circumstances under which a Trinket is a forgery.
"

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 12:36:07 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3732

Proposal 3732
Strange Pay Values Suck
K 2
Due: Tue Nov 17 12:36:04 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

Amend Rule 435 (Herald) by replaceing the following text where it apears
in that rule:
"
3. Receiving a monthly salary of the Standard Harfer Fee less A$5.
"
with:
"
3. Receiving a monthly salary of the Standard Harfer Fee.
"

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #193
*********************************