Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #192
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest      Friday, November 6 1998      Volume 03 : Number 192

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 01:36:39 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3716

Proposal 3716
Play with fire and you get burnt.
K 2
Due: Fri Nov 13 01:36:36 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

{{All effects generated by proposals numbered lower than this one but
greater than 3715 are undone.}}

Create a rule with the title "Play with fire and you get burnt." and the
text "This rule contains Monosodium glutamate."

Delete the phrase 'If ever over 50% of all player have a rebeliousnees
characteristic of "on" and any player points this out publicly then a
Revolution shall begin.' from rule Rule 320 (Governments Rule Suite).

{{The current government of Ackanomic is set to Democracy.}}

{{All votes on proposals currently under voting consideration are
destroyed.}}

{{[What's in it for us?]}}

{{Slakko and Wild Card receive sufficient A$ from the treasury so that
they own a total of zero A$.}}

Create a rule with a the title "Defender Against Major Nuisances"
numbered 1152 with the text:
"
'Defender Against Major Nuisances' is a title, one of the most
auspicious ones in Ackanomic in fact. Players who posses this title are
permitted to stalk the streets hunting for Players unlawfully exploiting
loopholes in the rules.
All possessors of this title are telepathic and are able to search the
mind(s) of any player of Ackanomic in their hunt for illegal scam.
"

{{All players who have the title "Defender Against Major Nuisances" lose
it.}}
{{Vynd, Alfvaen, K 2, IdiotBoy, Wild Card, two-star and Slakko gain the
title "Defender Against Major Nuisances".}}
{{Players who posses the title "Defender Against Major Nuisances"
receive A$1000 from the treasury.}}

Create a rule numbered 902 with the title "i attempted to Scam a
dictatorship and All i got was this Measly Entity" with the text:
"
A Scarlet S is a non-trabeable entity. A player who possesses A Scarlet
S is shunned by the society of Ackanomic. He cannot enter buildings
other than his own home, unless required to by the rules. A player who
possesses A Scarlet S cannot be a member of any Organization except a
Church or a VSO. A player who possesses A Scarlet A cannot participate
in duels in anyway. No player may challenge the owner of A Scarlet S to
a duel. A player who possesses A Scarlet S cannot hold the title of
Harfmeiester. Players who own A Scarlet S are very ashamed of
themselves.

If a player who possesses A Scarlet S has three of his proposal declared
harfy, and accepted, then his A Scarlet S is destroyed. After a player
as possessed a Scarlet S for more than one month e may get destroy it as
a public action which includes a lengthy apology. This rule describes
the only methods by which A Scarlet S can be destroyed.

This rule has precedence over all rules with which it conflicts.
"

The president and all members of the senate except Slakko receive A
Scarlet S each and are removed from office.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 01:36:48 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3717

Proposal 3717
Dangerous Governments Suck
K 2
Due: Fri Nov 13 01:36:46 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

Repeal Rule 320.3 (Government Type: Despotism)
Repeal Rule 320.4 (Government Type: Fundamentalism)
Repeal Rule 320.5 (Government Type: Elected Assembly)
Repeal Rule 320.6 (Government Type: Proportional Representation)

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 01:36:58 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3718

Proposal 3718
What Governments could be used for...
K 2
Due: Fri Nov 13 01:36:57 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

Create a rule as a member of Governments Rule Suite (rule 320) with the
title "Government Type: AntiVoting" with the text:
"
I. Government Definition.
While the AntiVoting government type is active, scoring for anti-voting
shall be active. Additionally players shall not receive points for
simply voting.

Anti-Voting is defined as voting NO on an accepted proposal or voting
YES on a rejected proposal (determined at the end of the prescribed
voting period).

II. Scoring for anti-voting.
Players who anti-vote on a proposal shall gain:
i) one point if it was Modest.
ii) three points if it was Non-Modest.
iii) five points if it was Grandiose.
"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 01:37:09 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3719

Proposal 3719
Compromise
K 2
Due: Fri Nov 13 01:37:07 1998

This is a Modest proposal.

{{The Government Type is set to Democracy.}}

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 01:37:53 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3720

Proposal 3720
Bavarian Cremed Illuminators
A Mean Hat.
Due: Fri Nov 13 01:37:51 1998

{{all rules except this one which were passed within the last hour are
repealed.}}

Create a rule numbered 3 and titled 'The New Illuminatus' with the following
text as delimited by USURPTION
USURPTION
The society named 'Arf wif eir ead' may amend, create or repeal rules as an
organizational action.

Organizational actions of the type allowed by this rule will pass if a
simple majority of the active non-gaoled members of 'Arf wif eir ead' agree
to the action within a day, and as long as no active non-goaled member
denounces the action during that time.  If the action is denounced or too
few members agree, then the action fails with no changes being made to the
rules.

This rule may only be repealed, amended, renumbered, or modified by an
organizational action to which all active non-gaoled members of 'Arf wif
eir ead' agree unanimously and which no active non-gaoled member denounces.
  This takes precedence over the preceeding paragraph, and over all rules,
and over any method of changing the rules or the state of the game.

This rule takes precedence over all other rules.

Any proposal which attempts to alter this rule or give a rule precedence
over this rule is automatically declared invalid.

USURPTION

{{All proposals currently in the queue which are not authored by A Mean
Hat. are declared invalid}}
{{The current government of Ackanomic is set to Democracy.}}

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 01:47:26 -0500 (EST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3720 scammed

A Go Fish card was played on Proposal 3720.  Whether or not this succeeds
is making the voting period end or not is unclear; the rule doesn't seem to
take precedence over R106, so I am harfing it as not until I see a good
argument otherwise.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 15:11:32 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3721

Proposal 3721
A Tribute to America's Favorite Canadian Rockers.
IdiotBoy
Due: Fri Nov 13 15:11:24 1998

{{All instances of either of the strings "Office in Charge of Random
Things" or "OiCoRT" in the rules shall be changed to the string
"Loverboy"}}

{{[Hi, I dig one time effects. Comments are neat, too.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 15:22:39 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3722

Proposal 3722
A Tribute to America's Favorite Canadian Rockers.
IdiotBoy
Due: Fri Nov 13 15:22:34 1998

{{All instances of either of the strings "Officer in Charge of Random
Things" or "OiCoRT" in the rules shall be changed to the string
"Loverboy"}}

{{[Hi, I dig one time effects. Comments are neat, too.]}}

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #192
*********************************