Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #180
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest      Sunday, October 25 1998      Volume 03 : Number 180

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 22:27:20 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3700

Proposal 3700
Characteristic Elements of Polyhedrality
/dev/joe
Due: Sun Nov  1 22:27:18 1998

Create a new rule, numbered 540.3, named 'The Elements', with the
following text:

Each player has the following 5 characteristics: Fire Skill, Water Skill,
Earth Skill, Air Skill, and Alignment.  Alignment has a range of all
integers, while the others have a range of all non-negative integers.
Each has a default value of 0.

Also, there exist five corresponding elements: Fire, Water, Earth, Air, and
Order.

Fire represents heat, the sun, and flames.  Fire is represented symbolically
by the Icosahedron, the regular polyhedron with the most faces of all.
Fire is opposed to Water, but joins with Earth in the form of wildfires,
and with Air in the form of smoke.  Whenever a player who is On Fire
extinguishes eirself, eir Fire Skill increases one point.

Water represents the oceans, rivers, rain, and floods.  Water is represented
symbolically by the Dodecahedron.  Water is opposed to Fire, but joins with
Earth in the form of ice, and Air in the form of clouds.  Whenever a player
successfully acquires an entity as a result of eir use of an Otzma Card of
type Arctic Explorer, eir Water Skill in increased by one.  Whenever a player
goes On Ice involuntarily, eir Water Skill decreases by one point if it is
not already zero.

Earth represents stone, solidity, the land animals, and man.  Earth is
represented symbolically by the Cube.  Earth is opposed to Air, but joins
with Fire in the form of coal and with Water in the form of mud.  Whenever
a player becomes Stoned, eir Earth Skill increases by one.  Whenever a
player goes On Ice involuntarily, eir Earth Skill decreases by one point
if it is not already zero.

Air represents the atmosphere, wind, lightning, and flying animals.
Air is represented symbolically by the Octahedron.  Air is opposed to
Earth, but joins with Fire in the form of smoke and with Water in the
form of clouds.  Whenever a player successfully travels from any location
within Acka to any Moon of Acka, his Air Skill increases by one.  Whenever
a player gains a Wings mutation by any means (including simply buying it),
eir Air Skill increases by one.  Whenever a player loses a Wings mutation,
eir Air Skill decreases by one, unless it is already zero.  {{The Air Skill
of each player with Wings is increased by one for each set of Wings e has.}}

Order represents the eternal battle between Law and Chaos.  Order is
represented symbolically by the Tetrahedron, that polyhedron which is its
own dual.  Unlike the other elements, Order has two sides, and some may
define a third side among those who refuse to choose a side.  Players whose
Order is -1, 0, or 1 are considered Neutral; those whose Order is less than
- -1 are considered Chaotic, and those whose Order is greater than 1 are
considered Lawful.  Whenever a harfy proposal is accepted, its submitter's
Order decreases by one.  Whenever a grandiose proposal is accepted, its
submitter's Order increases by one.  Whenever a TRUE verdict of a CFCJ
becomes final, the Order of the player named in its statement is decreased
by one.  Whenever a player wins a cycle of Ackanomic, eir Order is increased
by one.

{{[Players are encouraged to add additional conditions for the gain or loss
of elemental characteristic points, when appropriate things are added to the
rules or things I missed are discovered.]}}

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #180
*********************************