Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #171
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest      Sunday, October 18 1998      Volume 03 : Number 171

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 05:09:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3670

Proposal 3670
Never Having To Say You're Sorry
The Green Ripper
Due: Sun Oct 25 04:09:18 1998

"But trust is the color of a dark seed growing.
Trust is the color of a heart's blood flowing.
Trust is the color of a soul's last breath.
Trust is the color of death."

[ Robert Jordan, "Lord of Chaos" ]

{{ Amend Rule 1155, "Colours," to replace "teal; turquoise" with "teal;
trust; turquoise". }}

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 05:09:20 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3671

Proposal 3671
It's the Rhyme for the Reason... of Lovin'
The Green Ripper
Due: Sun Oct 25 04:09:18 1998

Bribe: YES, A$5:  Should this Proposal pass, A$5 will be transferred from
its author to each entity able to own A$ which voted YES on this Proposal.

All players catch fire as described in Rule 1390.9, "Ready, Aim..."

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 11:23:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3672

Proposal 3672
OK, So I made one little goof.
/dev/joe
Due: Sun Oct 25 10:23:22 1998

This is a modest proposal.

Amend Rule 594.4, "Vending Machine", by deleting all paragraphs beginning
with the words "While an unbroken Bonus Vote Add-On is strapped".

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 13:46:49 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3673

Proposal 3673
Is this the third time I've tried this?
Rambo R Minuteman
Due: Sun Oct 25 12:46:48 1998

This isa modest proposal.

Repeal rule 1060.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 13:51:18 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3674

Proposal 3674
I doubt I could get it repealed so...
Rambo R Minuteman
Due: Sun Oct 25 12:51:16 1998

Modify rule 1195 to read in full:

"If any public message posted on April 23 is not solely in the form of
blank verse (unrhymed iambic pentameter), the poster of that message
shall be fined A$3 unless it is a message required by the rules (e.g. a
CFJ distribution, proposal, random determination, etc.) or the player in

question owns fewer than A$3. In the latter case the player shall be
deemed to have lost a pound of flesh and shall lose three points of
strength.

During the week preceeding April 23 the Speaker should post the entire
text of this rule to a public forum."

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 14:07:59 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3675

Proposal 3675
Money is the root of all evil
Rambo R Minuteman
Due: Sun Oct 25 13:07:58 1998

Repeal rule 593.

Delete the text:

"V. The custodian of the Blueprint Rule Suite is the Wizard. "

from rule 595 and renumber the other sections accordingly.

Delete the following pieces of text from rule 401:

", except for Capital Offices, which are Tradeable entities"

" (except for Capital offices)"

and in the same rule replace:

"All offices are either Functional, Political or Capital. If the rules
fail to specify the type of an office, that office is a Political
Office. Vacancies in a particular Political office are filled by
election for office (by the procedure in R 402), unless other rules
specify otherwise. In the case of an optional Political office where a
nomination did not produce any volunteers, the election process is
aborted at that point. Capital Offices are filled by the owner of the
Office, when the owner is an entity eligible to hold Offices, otherwise
such an Office remains vacant. "

with:

"All offices are either Functional or Political. If the rules fail to
specify the type of an office, that office is a Political Office.
Vacancies in a particular Political office are filled by election for
office (by the procedure in R 402), unless other rules specify
otherwise. In the case of an optional Political office where a
nomination did not produce any volunteers, the election process is
aborted at that point."

In rule 401.1 delete the text:

"non-Capital"

From rule 404 delete the following text:

"If the office was a Capital Office, it is transferred Somewhere Else,
and becomes unowned."

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 16:13:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3676

Proposal 3676
Leveling the playing field
JT
Due: Sun Oct 25 15:13:18 1998

{{[
   It occured to me when speaking with a few others on IRC this afternoon
   that it is a bit unfair for only swingers to be able to buy bonus votes
   and otzma cards (because truthfully, they are the only folks who would
   gain enough swing points to be able to do so.
   So I had this radical idea, get rid (well sorta) of swingpoints.
   Reward the players of Party Chess with the gain of a small amount of
   points (1 real point for 2 current swing points), and allow anyone to
   trade some points for either OCs or Bonus Votes (and raise the price
   of bonus votes quite a bit.. they are more powerful than OCs and should
   cost more.
]}}

Repeal rule 1044.
Create rule 1044 named 'The Benefits of Swinging' with the following text
as delimited by BENEFITS
BENEFITS
1. Let NoS be the the number of Swingers, excluding vacationing Swingers,
including Acting Swingers.

2. a. Every two weeks on Monday the Chess-Umpire announces how many points
      each swinger is to recieve.  Each Swinger receives a number of points
      equal to the number of Swingers (excluding Swingers on Vacation, but
      including Acting Swingers) with equal or lower Weights divided by two
      and rounded down.

   b.  If the application of Section 2a results in a non-zero amount points
       being awarded to at least one Party Swinger on a particular Monday,
       then all other members of the Party of the Party Swinger who received
       more points than any other Party Swinger (or the only Party Swinger who
       received a non-zero amount of points, if only one received any) each
       receive one point for eir support immediately after Swinger points are
       awarded.
BENEFITS

Create a rule 1045 titled 'Alternative uses for points' with the following
text as delimited by SPENDAGE
SPENDAGE
Any player may perform the following conversions as a public action.
When the conversion is performed, the player performing the conversion
loses the number of points named and unless otherwise specified (see c. (i))
gains the object created by the conversion.

a. Otzma Card Conversion
   (i)   A Player may convert 10 points into any Otzma Card with an
         F-Designation of Common.
   (ii)  A Player may convert 15 points into any Otzma Card with an
         F-Designation of Normal.
   (iii) A Player may convert 20 points into any Otzma Card with an
         F-Designation of Rare.
b. Bonus Vote Conversion
   (i)   A Player may convert 30 points into a Bonus vote.
c. Chess Piece conversion
   (i)   A Player may conver N points into a Party Chess Piece in the
         possession of a specified Swinger provided that the material
         value of that Party Chess Piece is no more than (5*N)/7, 
         provided that no instance limits are violated by the conversion,
         and provided that the specified Swinger has owns at most 15 Party
         Chess Pieces after the conversion.
d. Benefyt conversion
   (i) A Player may convert 10 points into a Benefyt.  Benefyts are
       tradeable entities.
SPENDAGE

In rule 1230.40 (Wining a Hand), replace the words 'The ChessChamp
additionally receives 10 Swingpoints' with 'The ChessChamp recieves 1 point
for every Swinger in the game including themself'

In rule 1250.1 (Games & Contests), Section XIII (Additional Game Rewards)
replace the current text of that section with the following REWARDS
delimited text.
REWARDS
a. A Referee for a game may, at most once in any calendar week regardless
of how many games they are currently refereeing, specify a player of a game
which they are refereeing to receive a FairPlay Award. FairPlay Awards are
nontradeable entities.  Whenever a player is awarded a FairPlay Award, they
also gain 1 point.   Specifying a player to recieve a FairPlay Award is a
public action.
{{[
   This removes the duty of doing this from the ChessUmpire, and keeps the
   number of fairplay awards a player has recieved around (which I kind of
   like).
]}}
REWARDS

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 17:44:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3677

Proposal 3677
Simple chess change
JT
Due: Sun Oct 25 16:44:20 1998

This is a modest proposal
{{[
   This comes out of a discussion between myself and Rambo R Minuteman on
   IRC.
]}}
{{Rambo R Minuteman gains 1 point.  JT loses 1 point}}

Amend rule 1230.1 (Swingers Play Around I - the board and the playing pieces)
by relettering sections D., E. and F. to sections E., F. and G. respectively
and inserting the following PIECES delimited text as section D.
PIECES
Each swinger may, once per calendar month, choose a piece for free subject
to the following limitations.   Pieces chosen this way are initially Off-Board.

The swinger may choose any piece which has a material value less than or equal
to (120-MV)/10 where MV is the sum of the material values of all pieces owned
by that swinger.
PIECES

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #171
*********************************