Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #170
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest     Saturday, October 17 1998     Volume 03 : Number 170

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 00:39:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3647

Proposal 3647
The Meaning of Ping (substantially different)
saaremaa
Due: Sat Oct 24 00:39:37 1998

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[this takes a little hubert out of the machine game.  Instead of
being within 12 seconds of the sixth ping (and playing games trying to
guess at what time scholars have their cron jobs set for :-)), you
can bid for a magic letter within 12 hours, and buy the right to pick
if you want to spend enough money.  The 12 hours is a compromise between
letting some of the hubert out, and not letting the letter guessing
get too far behind the next pings]}}

{{saaremaa loses 2 points; JT gains 1 point; /dev/joe gains 1 point
[several ideas were kicked around on irc, this one seemed to be the one
to go with]}}

- ---------------

Amend Rule 1209, "The Machine That Goes *ping*", to replace section VII.
with this:

" 
VII. If the Machine has gone *ping* at least six times since a Magic 
Letter was named that was considered by the Scholar, and at least six 
times during the current Scholar's term, any active player other than 
the Scholar or the most recent player whose magic letter choice was
considred may name a letter of the alphabet not already considered 
as the Magic Letter during the current scholar's term to be the Magic 
Letter by so posting to the public forum.  Such post must include with 
it a sum of A$ that is at least as much as the Magic Letter Premium 
for the letter named, and no more than the posting player has.

For all letters of the alphabet named (as described above) within the 
first 12 hours since the *ping* that initiated this round of letter 
naming, the Scholar shall consider the one guess with the most A$ 
associated with it.  If two or more guesses hold this distinction,
the Scholar shall decide which of those guesses to consider.  If no
letters are named within the first 12 hours as above, the Scholar shall
consider the first letter named in this round of letter naming.

The Scholar must respond within three days by naming the guess
that was considered, and by publically reposting the Machine's truth
in its disguised form, except that any * representing the Magic Letter 
or any letter previously named the Magic Letter during the current 
Scholar's term shall be replaced with the actual letter or letters 
represented. The player whose post was considered then forfeits the
sum of A$ associated with eir post. 

The Magic Letter Premium is based on the following schedule: A$25 
for Common vowels ('a', 'e', 'i', 'o'), A$15 for Common consonants 
('d', 'l', 'n', 'r', 's', 't'), and A$5 for all other letters.
"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 00:55:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3648

Proposal 3648
Free Range Chickens.
IdiotBoy
Due: Sat Oct 24 00:55:13 1998

{{The current Government Type is set to Anarchy.  This rule takes
precedence ovar any which would prohibit this change.}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 01:01:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3649

Proposal 3649
What's the definition of a Sine?
A mean Hat
Due: Sat Oct 24 01:01:23 1998

{{[There is no actual rule that says that Acka is in English and should be
interpreted as such.  This came up (in my opinion) in CFJ 665, where the
definition of sine was not rule defined.  In a case like that, it would be
good to have an explicit requirement that the word be defined in English.
Note that this does not have any effect on the situation of 665, seeing as
none of the definitions in any of the dictionaries address the issue.  This
is just something that came up that I felt should be put into rule format.]}}

Renumber sections I through IX of rule 340(Conventions) as II through X

Add the following NICKEL-delimited text to Rule 340(Conventions) just
before as section I

NICKEL
English is the official language of Ackanomic.  If the meaning of a word is
ambiguous, and there is an English definition of the word, that definition
i taken to be the meaning of the word.  For the purposes of this rule, if
such a meaning is necessary, it should be taken from one of the Official
Dictionaries of Ackanomic, or by the Oxford English Dictionary if the word
isn't defined in the Official Dictionaries.
NICKEL

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 01:02:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3650

Proposal 3650

A mean Hat
Due: Sat Oct 24 01:02:25 1998

Create a new rule as a member of the Games & Contests Rule Suite entitled

"Magic the Gathering" with the following COPPER-delimited text:

COPPER

{{[ It seems that Ackanomic has no direct relationship with Magic the
Gathering. Let's change that]}}

1) General Equipment

Any method the players agree upon for handling the distribution of cards,
with the default being the following:

An Ackanomic IRC server.

The mIRC Magic the Gathering program Tome [available at the non-Ackanomic
affiliated site
http://members.xoom.com/ChaosKnights/tome411u.zip or
http://members.xoom.com/ChaosKnights/tome411.zip for versions of mIRC
before 5.4]

The Magic the Gathering program Apprentice, available at the non-Ackanomic
affiliated site
http://www.planeswalker.com/apprentice/download/

2) Number of Players

At least 2 players are required. The maximum number of players is the

number of players in Ackanomic.

3) Number of referees

This game, by default, uses no referees. Optionally, a referee may be used
to determine the distribution of cards and to
adjudicate disputes. This referee receives no compensation.

4) Starting the game

The game begins with a random ordering of all the players to see what order
play occurs in. If there are only two players,
the "first" player has the option to either play first or draw first, as
per the rules. If there are more than two players,
this determination actually determines play order.

5) Joining and Leaving a Game in Progress

A game of Magic the Gathering cannot be joined once it has begun. Leaving a
game results in forfeiture of the game.

6) Rules

This game cannot be used in a duel unless both parties are able to play it
[This is because the game equipment is specific
to certain operating systems and thus not all players can play it]

The rules and eratta for Magic the Gathering from the Wizards of the Coast
website are used. These are available at the
following URL:

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/MTG_Rules.html

If all the players agree beforehand, eeach may each put up an ante of one
or more tradeable entities that e owns. While a
player is playing a game of Magic the Gathering, the ante e put in is still
considered to belong to em, but it may not be
spent voluntarily. Once a player has lost, eir ante is forfeited to the
pot, and does not count as being owned by em any
more. If there is no winner of a game of Magic the Gathering then any ante
that was forfeited to the pot is returned to the
treasury if possible, destroyed if not.

The following are "House Rules" for multiplayer games, and may be changed
prior to beginning a game if all players agree to
do so.

          When a player loses, all of their permanents are removed from the
game. Any enchantments on these permanents are
          buried. Players may respond with fast effects to a player
forfeiting the game.

          During an attack declaration, the attacker need not specify which
opponent(s) e is going to attack. More than one
          opponent may be attacked, although each creature may still only
attack once per turn, unless a rules effect
          specifies otherwise

7) Other information needed to play

A game of Magic the Gathering should specify what "type" is being played.
This has influence on the legal cards and sets
involved in the game. The date (for purposes of the determination of what
sets and cards are legal) is assumed to be the
date in Ackanomic time at the beginning of the game.

8) Conditions for winning the game

If all the players but one have lost, that player wins the game. If one
player wins due to a rule effect, that player is
the winner. If there is a draw, due to a rule effect, or if all the players
lose, there is no winner.

9) Trophies

The winner receives no trophy in a game of Magic the Gathering

10) Ending the game

When a player wins, the rules cause a draw, or one or fewer players have
not lost, the game ends. 

COPPER

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 01:03:11 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3651

Proposal 3651

A mean Hat
Due: Sat Oct 24 01:03:09 1998

{{[long ago the PW rule had to be eviscerated to keep it from being
repealed (P1395) Seeing as some of the more avid anti-PW players are gone
now, it seems as if it may be given some of its old scope back]}}

Amend rule 601 (Paradox Win) by replacing the following ZINC-delimited text

ZINC
A Call for Judgement whose statement alleges that changing the rules is
impossible, or that a player action which would affect the game state
appears equally legal and illegal is a "Paradox Win CFJ."
ZINC

with the following GALLIUM-delimited text

GALLIUM
A Call for Judgement whose statement alleges that changing the rules is
impossible, that the legality of a player action that would affect the game
state cannot be determined with finality, or that a player action which
would affect the game state appears equally legal and illegal is a "Paradox
Win CFJ."
GALLIUM

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 01:04:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3652

Proposal 3652

A mean Hat
Due: Sat Oct 24 01:04:38 1998

{{[I remembered Trust Funds from the rules, so I went to look them up.
Imagine my surprise when I found that they were puny organizations that A)
were not tax-exempt B) could do very little  Now, I understand the need for
the tax-exemption, but I think Trust Funds should be able to do more.  Bury
treasure, for example.]}}

Amend Rule 1011 (Excavation Permit) by replacing the following
GERMANIUM-delimited text

GERMANIUM
An Organization that is not a VSO and owns an Excavation Permit may: 
i) Accept tradable entities for the purposes of burying em as a treasure.
If the Organization would otherwise be unable to own a type of entity it
will be transferred to the treasury after a period of 1 week if it has not
been buried as a treasure. 
ii) May, as an action, bury any tradable entities that it owns as a
treasure as described in rule 1217. 
iii) May legally own any entity that has been part of a buried treasure
during the previous two weeks. 
GERMANIUM

with the following ARSENIC-delimited text

ARSENIC
An Organization that owns an Excavation Permit and is either a trust fund
or not a VSO may: 
i) Accept tradable entities for the purposes of burying em as a treasure.
If the Organization would otherwise be unable to own a type of entity it
will be transferred to
the treasury after a period of 1 week if it has not been buried as a
treasure. 
ii) May, as an action, bury any tradable entities that it owns as a
treasure as described in rule 1217. 

An Organization that owns an Excavation Permit and is not a VSO may: 
i) May legally own any entity that has been part of a buried treasure
during the previous two weeks. 
ARSENIC

In rule 1017 (trusts) replace the following SELENIUM-delimited text
SELENIUM
it acts like a VSO with two exception: no one may join it, and it
may perform the additional organizational action of accepting a charter. 
SELENIUM

with the following BROMINE-delimited text

BROMINE
it acts like a VSO with four exceptions: no one may join it, it may
purchase an excavation permit, it may make and own trinkets, and it may
perform the additional organizational action of accepting a charter. 
BROMINE

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 01:05:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3653

Proposal 3653

A mean Hat
Due: Sat Oct 24 01:05:21 1998

Amend Rule 320.3 (Despotism) to read in full: 

When Despotism is the Proto-Government the OiCoRT should also randomly
select an active voting player. For the whole time The Current Government of
Ackanomia is Despotism this player is known as The Despot and is the only
player eligible to vote on proposals. However The Despot is not allowed to
submit
proposals. In addition the Tabulator is free to reveal any votes cast on
any proposal without penalty. [This is to stop any abuse of power. If The
Despot has voted
YES on a proposal that would make eir power permanent then the Tabulator
could reveal this fact and then everyone would be able to rebel. It
shouldn't really be
necessary but I know I wouldn't like, say, Hoover 2300 ruling the game!] 
If, under a despotism, 75% of the members of the Warrior Caste have a
rebelliousness characteristic of "on" then the government type will be
changed to Anarchy as
if a rebellion of all the players had succeeded. However, after the
rebellion ends, the government type will be changed to Fundamentalism,
unless another rebellion
occurs before that time, in which case the normal government rules will
resume. If this shift to fundamentalism occurs, the Warrior Caste will
automatically become
the Caste which is able to vote. One random member of the warrior caste
will receive a bonus vote and the title "Leader of the Junta". 

Amend Rule 320.4 (Fundamentalism) to read in full: 

When Fundamentalism is the Proto-Government the OiCoRT should also select
one Caste at random. While Fundamentalism remains The Current Government of
Ackanomia only members of this Caste are eligible to vote on proposals.
Additionally, no player may change Caste or Class voluntarily. 
If 75% of the Worker Caste have a rebelliousness characteristic of "on"
then the government type will be changed to Anarchy as if a rebellion of
all the players had
succeeded. However, after the rebellion ends, the government type will be
changed back to Fundamentalism, unless another rebellion occurs before that
time, in
which case the normal government rules will resume. If this shift to
fundamentalism occurs, the Worker Caste will automatically become the Caste
which is able to
vote. One random member of the Worker caste will receive a bonus vote and
the title "Peoples' Commisar".

Amend Rule 320.4 (Elected Assembly) to read in full: 

When The Current Government of Ackanomia is Elected Assembly only the
Senators, Speaker, and President are eligible to vote on proposals. The
Senators,
Speaker, and President shall each have eir vote count as one vote (If the
same player is both speaker and president, e may vote once for each).
In addition a proposal will pass if it meets quorum and receives a simple
majority of votes. 
If 75% of the Religious Caste have a rebellion characteristic of "on" then
the government type will be changed to Anarchy as if a rebellion of all the
players had
succeeded. However, after the rebellion ends, the government type will be
changed back to Fundamentalism, unless another rebellion occurs before that
time, in
which case the normal government rules will resume. If this shift to
fundamentalism occurs, the Religious Caste will automatically become the
Caste which is able to
vote. One random member of the Religious caste will receive a bonus vote
and the title "High Priest of Ackanomic". 

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 01:12:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3654

Proposal 3654
Testing the Waters.
K 2
Due: Sat Oct 24 01:12:20 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

Amend Section III (Scoring on Proposals) of Rule 207 (Scoring When A
Proposal's Voting Results are Reported) to read in full:
"
If a Modest proposal is accepted, the player who proposed it receives 4
points. If a Grandiose proposal is accepted, the player who proposed it
receives 16 points and every player who voted No on it receives 5
points. If a proposal which is neither Modest nor Grandiose is accepted,
the player who proposed it receives 10 points and every player who voted
No on it receives 3 points..

If a Modest proposal is rejected, but meets quorum, the player who
proposed it loses 5 points. If a Grandiose proposal is rejected, but
meets quorum, the player who proposed it loses 12 points and every
player who voted Yes on it receives 5 points. If a proposal which is
neither Modest nor Grandiose is rejected, but meets quorum, the player
who proposed it loses 7 points and every player who voted Yes on it
receives 3 points.

A proposal can only be declared to be Modest or Grandiose as defined by
the Rules.
"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 01:12:24 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3655

Proposal 3655
I'm a Teapot
K 2
Due: Sat Oct 24 01:12:23 1998

This is a Modestly Silly Proposal.

On any Tuesday for which the date is prime, there shall be pudding for
everyone, except cows (since cows eat grass) and those pesky aliens
(since pudding contains monosodium glutamate).

Pudding was considered by the ancients to be a Royal Frink. In fact is
it said the Tensor, a well known loophole surfing expert of yore, would
frink great quantities of it before reading the rules.

Since Pudding is a Royal Fink,  players who are caught publicly eating
pudding (as opposed to frinking it) shall be tarred and feathered. A
player who has been tarred and feathered in this manner shall be
considered to be a cow since they shall be indistinguishable in
appearance from real cows.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 01:12:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3656

Proposal 3656
Again
K 2
Due: Sat Oct 24 01:12:27 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

Amend Rule 1044 (Swingpoints) by deleting the phrase "b. A Player may,
as a public action, convert four of his own Swingpoints into one Bonus
Vote." and re-lettering the list from which it was removed.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 01:12:30 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3657

Proposal 3657
and Again
K 2
Due: Sat Oct 24 01:12:27 1998

This is a Modest Proposal.

Amend Rule 1044 (Swingpoints) by replacing the phrase "b. A Player may,
as a public action, convert four of his own Swingpoints into one Bonus
Vote." with "b. A Player may, as a public action, convert eight of his
own Swingpoints into one Bonus Vote."

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 01:25:57 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3658

Proposal 3658
Chocolate Mousse
saaremaa
Due: Sat Oct 24 01:25:56 1998

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[this rule never struck me as being very interesting]}}

Repeal rule 927, "The Chocolate Frog"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 01:30:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3659

Proposal 3659
Fleeced
saaremaa
Due: Sat Oct 24 01:30:22 1998

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[lets clean out some totally stale rules so IdiotBoy doesn't have
to by another hard drive]}}

Repeal rule 929, "Baaa"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 11:39:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3660

Proposal 3660
Foobar!
Wild Card
Due: Sat Oct 24 11:38:59 1998

 Change the third paragraph of rule 671 by adding the following
plural-delimited text after the second ".

plural
 or "wearing Silly Agenda Hats"
plural

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 11:39:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3661

Proposal 3661
Silly, Silly, Silly!
Wild Card
Due: Sat Oct 24 11:38:59 1998

 [Lo, I am a fish!]

 Any player who is wearing a Silly Agenda Hat is Silly.

 Any player who is overlord to a player who is Silly is Silly.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 12:08:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3662

Proposal 3662
Severing the Link
Rambo R Minuteman
Due: Sat Oct 24 12:08:17 1998

Create a new rule numbered 408.1 titled "Count Tabula" and reading as
follows:

"The Office of Count Tabula is a Functional Office. The Duties of the
Office include solicitation, tabulation, and reporting of votes on all
Ackanomic matters, excluding Proposals. This includes, but is not
limited to, Hearings (unless otherwise specified) [see Rule 360],
Impeachment Papers [Rule 404], and all Elections for Office [Rule 402].
Count Tabula also has the Duty to conduct any Nominations for Office
that are not the responsibility of any other Officer."

Rename rule 408 to "Tabulator".

Ammend rule 408 to read in full:

"The Office of the Tabulator is a Functional Office. The Duties of the
Tabulator are:

(a) to count votes on each proposal.

(b) to maintain the voting records of each player on each proposal.

(c) to report the acceptance or rejection of proposals, in the time
order in which their voting periods ended.

The Tabulator need not perform these duties on any proposal which has
been retracted, nullified, or deemed invalid in accordance with the
Rules."

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 12:10:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3663

Proposal 3663
Dogver and Ratver
Alfvaen
Due: Sat Oct 24 12:10:34 1998

Whenever it is necessary to determine whether or not words rhyme in
Ackanomicon, the words "month", "silver", "orange", and "penguin" are
considered to rhyme with each other.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 12:12:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3664

Proposal 3664
DNPC
Alfvaen
Due: Sat Oct 24 12:12:36 1998

Amend Rule 540.2, "Basic Player Characteristics", by replacing the text
"The Basic Player Characteristics are Testable" with "These Characteristics,
which are called the Basic Player Characteristics or BPC, are Testable".

and by appending the following paragraph(delimited by MOMBIE):

MOMBIE
If at any time a Player has two BPC scores of 5 or lower, then e may
have these scores rerolled by asking the Dungeonmaster to do so; when
the scores are rerolled the Player shall pay the Basic Harfer Fee.
MOMBIE

{{[ I remember the original AD&D rules, where if you had two characteristics
of 5 or lower you could not qualify for any player character class.  My own
rolls were pathetic...  :-) ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 13:03:29 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3665

Proposal 3665
King Williamanmary II
Alfvaen
Due: Sat Oct 24 13:03:28 1998

{{[ Triple Double Crash with a Referee to verify Replies, as well as
penalties for posting incorrect Replies in the first place. ]}}

Create a new Rule in the Games & Contests Rule Suite, with the lowest
subnumber not already assigned to a Rule which is higher than the
subnumber assigned to the Rule which describes the game of Double Crash.
This Rule shall be named "Triple Double Crash", and its text shall be
as followed, delinated by the word "MEMNOCH", so that the text intended
to be that of the Rule shall be that following the first occurrence of
the word MEMNOCH on a line by itself, and preceding the next occurrence
of the word MEMNOCH also on a line by itself:

MEMNOCH

I. General Equipment:

Official Dictionary; gamepoints as necessary; optionally, an Ackanomic
IRC server.

II. Participants
   
Exactly 2 players, 1 referee.
  
III. Starting an instance of Triple Double Crash
   
As described in rule 1250.1, section VI.
   
IV. Rules of the Games
 
Throughout these rules, an N-word Salvo is a public post taking the form
of a list of N five-letter words from the Official Dictionary.

A Reply to a Salvo is a reposting of the Salvo being replied to, with the
addition of three numbers from 1-5 to the right of each five-letter word.
These numbers are the number of "crashes" as defined below, of that word
with each of the Replying player's Target Words.  These numbers may be
arranged in any order for a given Salvo word.

(For example:

salvo 2,1,0
queen 0,1,0
space 0,0,0
crash 0,0,1

may be a reply to the salvo

salvo
queen
space
crash)

Two words crash once for each letter that occupies the same position
in each word. (ie, if they have the same first letter, they crash
once; if they have the same third letter, they crash again. HEART
crashes once with SPADE (for the A). STAFF crashes three times with
CHAFF. SWORD does not crash with WORDY. A five-letter word crashes
five times with itself.)

At the commencement of a game of Double Crash, each player shall choose
three distinct five-letter words from the Official Dictionary and send
these to the Referee.  After the Referee has publicly acknowledged the
receipt of both sets of words, each Round shall consist of the following
actions:

1) Each players posts a Salvo.  In the first round, this shall be a
   6-word Salvo; in subsequent rounds, the base number of words for
   a Salvo is 5 for the second round, 4 for the third round, and 3
   thereafter; however, for each error noted by the Referee in the
   other player's reply for the previous round, e may add another word
   to eir salvo.
2) Each player posts a Reply to the other player's Salvo.
3) The Referee verifies that these Replies are correct, or, if a Reply is
   not correct, posts the correct Reply and announces how many errors
   that Reply contained.  (The number of errors in a Reply is how many
   numbers must be changed in the salvo for it to be correct.  If the
   correct Reply for a word is "5,1,0", then "2,1,0" would contain 1
   error, "2,2,2" 3 errors, "3,2,1" 2 errors, etc.)

It is permissible for rounds to overlap; for instance, if one player
has already received a Reply to eir salvo for one round(verified by
the Referee), but has not yet replied to the other player's salvo, e
may post a salvo for the next round if e wishes, without, for instance,
waiting for the Referee's verification of eir Reply.  Each round begins
once the Referee has verified both player's Replies for that round,
and shall last no longer than three days.

If the time runs out for a round, then: Any player who has not posted a
salvo has forfeitied eir Salvo for that round.  If any player has not
posted a Reply to a Salvo, then the Referee shall post a Reply, and
the number of errors in the Reply is considered to be the number of
words in the Reply.  (That is, if one player posts a 4-word Salvo and
the other player does not reply, then e gets 4 extra words in eir next
Salvo.)  A player may not post a Salvo until after the Referee has
verified their opponent's Reply for the previous round.

Each time a verified Reply to a player's Salvo indicates that some word
has crashed 5 times with the opponent's target word, and this word
has never been part of a previous salvo, then that player receives a
Gamepoint.  If, at the end of a round of Replies, one or both Replies
indicate that a player has received eir third Gamepoint, then the game
has been won.  If only one player has three Gamepoints at the end of that
round, then that player has won the game.  If both players have three
Gamepoints at the end of that round, and one player's third Gamepoint
was awarded for a word higher up in eir Salvo than the other player's
third Gamepoint word, then the former player wins.  If both players'
third Gamepoints were awarded for words in the same position in the
Salvos, then eir second Gamepoint words are compared similarly, and
then eir first Gamepoint words.  If these fail to determine a winner,
then the player who was first to post eir last Salvo wins.

The Referee shall then announce the winner and reveal the Target Words
for both players.

Upon a player winning the game, it ends. If the game was not being
played as a Duel, the winner receives A$25 from the Treasury. No
Trophy is awarded to the winner of the game.
MEMNOCH

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 16:10:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3666

Proposal 3666
There must be a paradox in here somewhere
Rambo R Minuteman
Due: Sat Oct 24 16:10:56 1998

This is a modest proposal.

Modify rule 340 by replacing:

"VI. Whenever division is performed in Ackanomic, and the denominator of
that division evaluates to 0, then the result of that entire division
shall be 0."

with:

"VI. Whenever the rules call for division to be performed in Ackanomic,
and the denominator of that division evaluates to 0, then the result of
that entire division shall be 0."

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 17:37:57 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3667

Proposal 3667
When the going gets tough...
Rambo R Minuteman
Due: Sat Oct 24 17:37:56 1998

Add the following text to the end of rule 854:

"Iron Skin: Cost A$50 - Players with this mutation have there toughness
characteristic raised by three points if such is legal otherwise it is
raised as high as it can go."

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 19:55:54 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3668

Proposal 3668
Don't be a Hat
Rambo R Minuteman
Due: Sat Oct 24 19:55:53 1998

This is a modest proposal.

Append the following text to the end of rule 340 preceeded by the lowest
positive Roman Numeral not already used in that rule:

"Whenever an average is refered to within Ackanomic then it shall be
taken to mean the mean. [i.e., the sum of all the things to be averaged
divided by the number of the things.]"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 20:19:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3669

Proposal 3669
S-E-X-X-Y
Alfvaen
Due: Sat Oct 24 20:19:30 1998

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[ The raft harf has worn off, IMHO. ]}}

Repeal Rule 812, "Down the river".

Amend Rule 810, "Locations", by removing the text "except for rule 812,
to which it defers".

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #170
*********************************