Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #139
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest     Wednesday, August 26 1998     Volume 03 : Number 139

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 06:20:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3487

Proposal 3487
Feast of Maximum Occupancy
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

This is a Modest Proposal.

[Everybody is hanging out in the Library these days.  Must be a pretty
crowded place...]

Append to Rule 840 the following paragraph:

The Ackanomicon likes a quiet library.  To that extent, the Library has a
Maximum Occupancy of 15 players.  If 15 or more players are ever in the
Library at one time, then there shall be a deafening explosion, in which
all players in the Library are returned to their homes.  In addition, all
players not in the Library at the time this occurs are awarded a random
Boon of the Ancients each, for having the foresight to avoid such an
explosion.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 06:21:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3488

Proposal 3488
Let's all go point swimming
else...if (Henry Towsner)

	Create a new rule reading as delimited by TIMEDELAY

TIMEDELAY
	The following HEREGOESNOTHING-delimited text will not do anything
until two weeks from when this rule is created, at which point it will take
effect.
HEREGOESNOTHING
        In rule 207 (Scoring when a proposal's voting results are reported)
alter section III to read as delimited by HOKEYPOKEY
HOKEYPOKEY
        If a proposal is accepted or rejected the points invested by each
player are transfered to the point pool for that proposal.  When a proposal
is accepted one quarter of the invested points other than the kick in
rounded down are transfered to the proposer; when a proposal is rejected
the kick in is transfered to the Treasury.  Regardless, the winning side
divides the invested points proportionally to the amount invested.  When
the pool cannot be divided proportionally, all fractions are rounded down,
and the remaining points in the pool are given (one per investor) to
theinvestors who had the largest fractions rounded down, and in case of
ties,to the largest investors first, with further ties being broken
randomly.  The scorekeeper is responsible for these determinations.
HOKEYPOKEY

        Replace the first paragraph of rule 104 with "A Voting player may
submit a proposal by sending its text to the Promoter along with the number
of points e is investing on it, who shall then post it publicly along with
the kick in to be voted on.  The kick in is the number of points initially
invested by the proposer plus an additional 60% of that from the treasury."

        At the end of the first sentence of rule 106 add "along with, if
the vote is either YES or NO, the number of points e is investing."

        Remove section V of rule 207 and renumber the other elements in the
list accordingly.

        Alter the second sentence of section V (formerly VI) of rule 207 to
read "When a Null Proposal is accepted all players receive the number of
points they invested in it from the proposal's pool."

        Alter the second sentence of section VI (formerly VII) of rule 207
to read "When a Boring Proposal is accepted or rejected all players receive
the number of points they invested in it from the proposal's pool."

        In rule 207.1, replace "5 points" with "A$20" and "10 points" with
"A$40".

	In rule 207.3, replace the last paragraph with "When a Foolish
proposal is accepted the treasury adds an additional 40% of the proposer's
kick in.  When a Foolish proposal is rejected the kick in is not returned
to the treasury; this sentence takes precedence over rule 207.

        In rule 210, replace "its author gains X points." with "its author
receives 5 times X ackadollars."  In rule 210 replace "All players who
voted against a Great Work that was accepted will lose 7 points" with "The
investment of all players who voted against a Great Work that was accepted
will be doubled"

        In rule 250 (Player States) remove step d from section VI and
reletter the steps accordingly.

        Remove rule 319 (Unanimity is Lovely...)

        In rule 330 (Retractions) alter the last sentence of the first
paragraph to read "A player other than a newbie who retracts eir own
proposal in this manner loses all points invested in the kick in, they are
transferred to the treasury.  A newbie has eir kick in returned.  All other
points invested in the proposal are returned to their investors."

        In rule 330 remove everything in the second paragraph after and
including "unless".

        In rule 330 remove the third sentence of the third paragraph.

        Remove the last sentence of rule 330.

        In rule 374 (Politeness Moon) alter the last two sentences to read
"If the verdict of the Hearing shows that the message was not polite, 3
points are transferred from the player who sent it to the player who called
the Hearing.  If it shows that it was polite, its author gets the nickname
Jazz JackRabbit for the next 3 days and the player who called the hearing
transfers 2 points to the author."

        In rule 404 (Impeachment) replace "is penalized 10 points" with
"transfers 10 points to the player the IP was called against"

        Remove the second sentence of secton III of rule 419.2 (Internomic
Interface)

        In rule 603 (Winning by Points) replace the second two sentences of
the third paragraph with "The base value of the magic number is 2000."

        Replace the second sentence of rule 603 with "Points are tradeable
entities, however any trade which would result in the receiver having more
than 75% of the magic number fails as does any which would result in a
player having negative points."

        In the second paragraph of rule 603, replace everything after the
semi-colon with "when a player is said to lose points, the points are
transfered to the Treausry, when a player gains point they are transfered
from the treasury.  If there are not enough points to cover a trade ordered
by the rules, as many points as can be traded without any entity having
negative points are."

        In rule 666 (End of Cycle) alter section i to read "A player's fair
share is the number of points they would own of all points were distributed
evenly.  Any player owning more than double their fair share loses one
quarter of their points, which go into the winning pool.  Those points are
distributed one-by-one to the player who owns the fewest points until there
are no points left.  This repeats until no player owns more than double
their fair share.

        Replace the last sentence of the first paragraph of rule 901 (The
Magic Potato) with "When a proposal made by the player who currently hold
the Magic Potato is rejected, e receives eir kick in back; this sentence
takes precedence over rule 207."

        Remove the last sentence of rule 901.

        Remove rule 919 (Brass Monkey)

        Remove the last sentence of the second to last paragraph of rule
961 (B-Ack) as well as the last paragraph.

        Remove "5 points (a score change based on proposal content) and"
from rule 1112

        Remove "When a player is designated "Funky and Stylish", they gain
5 points" from rule 1112

        Replace "the penalized player's score (after having the penalty
revoked) will be raised to the first prime number higher than their current
score" with "the penalty will be revoked" in rule 1129

        Remove section 8 of rule 1211 and reletter accordingly.

        Remove the last sentence of the first paragraph of section H of
rule 1213.

        Remove the last sentence of the second to last paragraph of rule 1350.

        Remove the second to last sentence of rule 594.1

        Repeal rule 594.3

        Remove item 4 from rule 594.21

        Remove the last sentence of paragraph two of section III of rule 594.26

        Remove ", and a player shall gain 6 points the first time e
publically describes all four of the above" from rule 950.1

	Destroy all points.

	Create 50 points in the possesion of each player.

	Create 1000 points in the treasury.

	Destroy this rule.
HEREGOESNOTHING
TIMEDELAY

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 06:23:48 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3489

Proposal 3489
Sonata For Unaccompanied Achilles
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

{{[ Problem #1: It is possible that, for the set of players who submit
Agenda Conditions, the number of Nemesis Eggplants they possess could be
greater than the number of Agenda Hats they own--and, hence, the number
of Agenda Conditions they submit could be greater than the number of
Nemesis Eggplants that can be awarded to them.  Rule 431's process is
unable to deal with this state of affairs, so it needs to be allowed to
disperse Eggplants more widely in that case. ]}}

Amend Rule 431, "Illuminatus", as follows:

Replace the text(delimited by SAFARI):

SAFARI
b) A Nemesis Eggplant with that condition is awarded to the lowest
bidder on that condition who has less than 3 Nemesis Eggplants. Ties
among lowest bidders should be broken randomly.
SAFARI

with the following text(delimited by VICTORIA):

VICTORIA
b) A Nemesis Eggplant with that condition is awarded to the lowest
bidder on that condition who has less than 3 Nemesis Eggplants. Ties
among lowest bidders should be broken randomly.  (If there are no
bidders who have less than 3 Nemesis Eggplants, then the Nemesis
Eggplant shall be awarded to a randomly chosen player who has less
than 3 Nemesis Eggplants.  If there are no such players, then the
Nemesis Eggplant is awarded to a randomly chosen player.)
VICTORIA

{{[ Problem #2: The owners of Nemesis Eggplants may end up going On Ice,
or becoming non-players.  The Eggplants should not go thus go out of
circulation; they can be randomly assigned as above.  Except that in this
case it is possible for there to be no such spaces, in which case
the Eggplants, and their Hats, should be destroyed. ]}}

Amend Rule 671, "Nemesis Eggplants and Agenda Hats", by appending the
following text(delimited by BUTTER):

BUTTER
If the owner of a Nemesis Eggplant is ever On Ice, then all of eir
Nemesis Eggplants are randomly redistributed.  These Eggplants shall
go, if possible, to players who own one or two Nemesis Eggplants; if
not, they shall go to players who own no Nemesis Eggplants.  If there
are no such players, then the Nemesis Eggplants are destroyed, as well
as their corresponding Agenda Hats.

If the owner of an Agenda Hat is ever On Ice, then all of eir Agenda
Hats shall be transferred to the Mad Hatters.
BUTTER

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #139
*********************************