Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #136
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest      Saturday, August 22 1998      Volume 03 : Number 136

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 03:33:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3465

Proposal 3465
Scared Brown Vole
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a modest proposal.

{{[Three bonus votes per entity. Swingpoints cannot be used to create
Bonus Votes. Guarding a proposal now costs A$75. for A$125 a proposal
may be declared Honest and all bonus votes used on it are destroy
(without replacement). A limit is placed on the number of Bonus Votes
that may exist (2xVoting Players)]}}

Amend Rule 317 (Bonus Votes) by replacing the following text comprising
section 2:
A player can own at most five Bonus Votes at an given time. If a Player
who already owns five Bonus Votes receives an additional Bonus Vote, by
any means, the additional Bonus Vote is destroyed.
With:
An entity can own at most three Bonus Votes at any given time. If an 
entity who already owns three Bonus Votes receives an additional Bonus
Vote, by any means, the additional Bonus Vote is destroyed.

Amend Rule 317 (Bonus Votes) by replacing the following text comprising
section 7:
A voting player may pay $A150 to the Treasury to declare any one
proposal in the voting queue to be a Guarded Proposal. Bonus Votes may
not used on a Guarded Proposal. Bonus Votes already cast on that
proposal are not counted, and any player who cast a Bonus Vote that was
nullified in this manner is given one Bonus Vote as compensation.
With:
A voting player may pay three times the Standard Harfer Fee to the
Treasury to declare any one proposal in the voting queue to be a Guarded
Proposal. Bonus Votes may not used on a Guarded Proposal. Bonus Votes
already cast on that proposal are not counted, and any player who cast a
Bonus Vote that was nullified in this manner is given one Bonus Vote as
compensation.
A voting player may pay five times the Standard Harfer Fee to the
Treasury to declare any one proposal in the voting queue to be an Honest
Proposal. Any Bonus Votes used on an Honest Proposal shall have no 
effect, but will be destroyed anyway.

Append the following as a new Section to the end of Rule 317 (Bonus
Votes):
8. Any Bonus Votes created while there are more than twice as many Bonus
Votes in existence than voting players shall immediately transform into
four swingpoints, unless the Bonus Vote would have been destroyed upon
receipt.

Delete subsection b of Section 3 of Rule 1044 (Swingpoints) which reads:

b. A Player may, as a public action, convert four of his own Swingpoints
into one Bonus Vote.

Repeal Rule 594.11 (Blueprint: Bonus Vote Add-On) if it exists.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 03:35:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3466

Proposal 3466
Robby Hood
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

I. Amend Section e of Rule 666 (End of Cycle) to read in full:
"
e) If the amount of A$s in circulation plus the value of all extant
Trinkets and Majiks exceeded the amount in the Treasury at the time this
winner was declared, the following shall occur:

i) Excluding the winner, all entities with a Total Wealth greater than
zero shall transfer 10% of eir Total Wealth to the Treasury.
ii) All entities with a Total Wealth greater than zero, shall be placed
on The List in decreasing order of Total Wealth.
iii) The entity appearing highest on The List, shall transfer 5% of eir
total wealth to the player lowest on The List and both entities shall be
removed from The List.
iv) If there are at least two entities and at least one player are still
on The List step iii is repeated.
"

{{[ Tax is reduced to 10% and the half of entities with the largest
total wealth pay 5% to the half of players with the smallest Total
Wealth. ]}}

II. If Rule 506.1 (Magik) does not exist delete the phrase "and Majiks"
from Section e of Rule 666 (End of Cycle).

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 03:36:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3467

Proposal 3467
Castes
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

{{[Castes are tracked by the Dungeon Master. The DM gains some trivial
privileges.]}}

Amend Rule 540.2 (Basic Player Characteristics) by deleting the
following text:
"
The Office of Dungeonmaster is an optional office, whose duties are to
generate Characteristic Values as specified in the
previous paragraph when required to do so. (The Office has no Privileges
as yet.)

It is the responsibility of the DM to track any characteristics of
players that are not explicitly tracked by any other officer.
"

Create a new rule numbered 441 (or the next largest integer which has
not been assigned to a rule) titled "Dungeon Master" with the following
text:
"
The Office of Dungeon Master is an optional office, whose duties are:
(i) to generate Characteristic Values as specified in the previous
paragraph when required to do so.
(ii) to track any Characteristics of players that are not explicitly
tracked by any other officer.
(iii) to track the membership of each of the Castes [See rule 1030].

and whose privileges are:
(i) to change eir Caste as a public action.
(ii) to add or subtract one point from any of the characteristics
defined in Rule 540.2 (Basic Player Characteristics) of any player as a
public action. This privilege may be used at most once per month.
"

Amend the second paragraph of Rule 541 (Characteristic Tests) to read:
When a rule calls for a Characteristic Test, the following procedure is
performed by the Dungeon Master.

Replace the following text of Rule 1031 (Grey Council):
When a member of the Grey Council swaps Caste membership with one or two
other players, this member's seat immeadiately becomes vacant. 
with
When a member of the Grey Council changes Caste, this member's seat
immeadiately becomes vacant.

{{[there may be other methods created to change caste than just
swapping]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 03:37:06 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3468

Proposal 3468
But Your Hopes Go Down The Drain
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

This is a Modest proposal.

Delete the following text, delimited by HOWARD, from Rule 550.2,
"Dishonourable Acts":

HOWARD
1 honour : Commiting a Sin
HOWARD

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 03:38:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3469

Proposal 3469
Otherwise We'd Never Get Rid of That Dratted Delenn
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

This is a Modest proposal.

Amend Rule 1031, "Grey Council", as follows:

Append the following text, delimited by LENNIER, to section c):

LENNIER
In this case, the procedure followed for impeachment is the same as that
outlined in Rule 404, except that the IP will be ACCEPTED if at least 1/2
of the members of the Caste voted on it, and 2/3 of those voting on the IP
voted YES.
LENNIER

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 03:39:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3470

Proposal 3470
Black Crumpet of a Pleasure Bee
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This Aardvark is a Modest Proposal.

{{[It seems odd that rule defined trinket creation would not trigger
Treasury Bankruptcy Proceedings - as unlikely as those are anyway :)]}}

Amend the following phrase of Rule 505 (Treasury and AckaDollars),
Section IV (Bankrupt Treasury):
"
Whenever some number of Players are to receive A$ from the Treasury, and
there are insufficient available A$ to meet those
obligations, the following process is executed:
"
to read:
"
Whenever the rules require an amount of A$ from the Treasury for any
reason, and there are insufficient available A$ to meet those
obligations, the following process is executed:
"

Amend Rule 505 (Treasury and AckaDollars), Section IV (Bankrupt
Treasury), subsection e to read:
e) The remaining available A$ in the treasury shall be used in
proportion to the number of A$ required for each application.

Amend the fourth paragraph of Rule 506 (Trinkets) to read in full:
"
Other rules may also create and bestow ownership of Trinkets, so long as
the rule provides for naming, describing, and valuing the Trinket.
"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 03:40:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3471

Proposal 3471
Just my Finger
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.
Debunk Rule 594.24 (Blueprint: Finger of Justice).

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 03:41:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3472

Proposal 3472
Net Worth it?
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.
{{[Net Worth is equivalent to Trinket value. For Gadgets its the amount
it would cost if an ACME Card was used. For Otzma Cards it depends on
its F-Designation (R/N/C = 10/30/90.) Destroying a Trinket or Otzma Card
nets you its Net Worth.]}}

{{[Creating a Characteristics Rule Suite]}}

Rename Rule 540 (Characteristics) to "Characteristics Rule Suite" and
append the following text "[Characteristics Rule Suite]"

Renumber Rule 540.1 (Characteristic: Harf) to 540.3
Renumber Rule 541 (Characteristic Tests) to 540.1

{{[Defining Net Worth]}}

Create a new rule as a member of the Characteristics Rule Suite with the
title "Net Worth" and the text:
Net Worth is a characteristic possessed by all tradeable entities which
the financier is responsible for tracking.
An Entity's Net Worth may take any positive integer.

{{[Changing trinket Value to Net Worth.]}}

Amend Rule 252 (Joining the Game), Section II, Subsection 4 by replacing
the phrase "This Trinket has a value of" with "This Trinket has a Net
Worth of" and the phrase "with a value of" with "with a Net Worth of"

Replace the final sentence of Section III (Hard Currency) of Rule 505
(Treasury and AckaDollars) with the following:
The total number of A$ shall always be 100,000 less the sum of the Net
Worth of all tradeable entities in existence.

Amend Section VI (Total Wealth) of Rule 505 (Treasury and AckaDollars)
to read in full:
"
The Total Wealth of a Player or Organisation is defined as the sum of
the total number of A$ it possesses plus the Net Worth of all of the
tradeable entities in its possession.
"

Amend Section V (Donation) of Rule 505 (Treasury and AckaDollars) to
read in full:
A player may donate any non-mimsy Tradeable entity they own to the
Treasury. When a Trinket is donated (or otherwise transferred to the
Treasury), it is transformed into its Net Worth in A$ upon donation.

Replace the first four paragraphs of Rule 506 (Trinkets) with:
"
A class of gift entities known as Trinkets exist. The Net Worth of a
Trinket may only be changed as specified by the rules.

A player may transform some or all of his A$ into a Trinket as a public
action. In order to fully specify this action, the player must state the
name, description, and Net Worth of the Trinket to be created. The
creation fails if the player does not have at least as many A$ as the
stated Net Worth of the Trinket, and/or if the name specified for the
Trinket is not a valid Ackanomic name, or is already the name of a named
entity. If the Trinket creation succeeds then the player who created the
Trinket is its initial owner.

The owner of a trinket may transform it into its Net Worth in A$ as a
public action. This action destroys the Trinket, creating A$ in its
stead, and it upsets the art and antiquities communities.

Other rules may also create and bestow ownership of Trinkets, so long as
the rule provides for naming, describing, and valuing the Trinket. In
these cases, however, if the Net Worth of the Trinket would exceed the
number of A$ in the Treasury directly before it would be created, it is
created with a Net Worth equal to the number of A$ in the Treasury at
that time.
"

If Rule 506.1 (Magik) exists modify it to read in full:
"
 An existing Trinket can be made into a Majik as an Organisational
Action of the Senate. A player who owns a Trinket worth more than A$99
can ask in a public message if that Trinket is special. If the Senate
states as an Organisational action within 10 days "This Trinket is
Majik", then the Trinket becomes a Majik. [It is considered good form to
give the Senate a 10% fee for its
service.]

Majiks are no longer Trinkets but keep the Net Worth, name and
description they had when Trinkets. Majiks are tradeable entities.
"
{{[If Majiks haven't been repealed then (since the Archaeologist has
been repealed) there should be a creation mechanism - The senate seems a
safe alternative.]}}

Amend Rule 428 (Trinket-Harfer) by replacing item a with the following
text:
To keep an accurate record of the name, Net Worth, and description, of
all Trinkets and to make that record available to any player on request.

Amend Rule 666 (End of Cycle), Section e to read in full:
"
If the amount of A$s in circulation plus sum of the Net Worth of all
Tradeable Entities exceeded the amount in the Treasury at the time this
winner was declared, the following shall occur: 20% (round down) of each
Entity's Total Wealth is owed to the Treasury. The winner shall owe only
10% (round down), however.
"

Amend Rule 850 (Museum), Section IV (Donation Value), Subsection c to
read in full:
"
c) Trinkets and Majiks: The Net Worth the Trinket or Majik had when it
was donated. If it was once part of a Buried Treasure for more than 60
continuous days, it is an Antiquity, and its Net Worth is increased by
30% (fractions truncated), upon donation, and it is no longer considered
to have once been part of a Buried Treasure for that length for the
purposes of this sub-section, unless it again acquires that attribute.
"

If Rule 506.1 (Magik) does not exist modify Rule 850 (Museum), Section
IV (Donation Value), Subsection c by removing the phrases "and Majiks"
and "or Majik".

Replace the phrase "Objects on display are valued by the Museum as
follows" in Rule 850 (Museum), Section IV (Donation Value) with "The
Donation Value of entities on display in the Museum are calculated as
follows".

Amend Rule 850 (Museum), Section V (Benefactor value and becoming a
Member of the Museum) by replacing the phrase "sum of the value of all
objects" with "sum of the Donation Value of all entities"

Replace the phrase "if the total value of the Trinkets" with "if the
total Net Worth of the Trinkets" in the final paragraph of Rule 1125
(Committee for the Protection, Preservation, and Integrity of the Arts).

Amend Rule 1304 (Prophets and Prophecies) by replacing the phrases "its
value in A$" with "its Net Worth in A$" and "greatest combined value"
with "greatest combined Net Worth" where they appear in the third
paragraph.

Amend Rule 594.17 (Blueprint: BWG Laser) by replacing the phrase "are
trinkets who's value" with "are trinkets who's Net Worth" in the first
paragraph.

Amend the second paragraph of Rule 594.5 (Blueprint: Automatic
Sculpture) by replacing the phrase "into a Trinket worth A$123." with
"into a Trinket with a Net Worth of A$123."

{{[The whole point]}}

Append the following onto Rule 595 (Gadgets) as a new section:
IV. The Net Worth of a Gadget is always equal to the last price paid at
Public Auction for a Gadget of that Type, or 50 if a gadget of that type
has never been Publicly Auctioned. This section defers to all
blueprints, but takes precedence over Rule 594.

Append the following to Rule 594.5 (Blueprint: Automatic Sculpture) as a
separate paragraph:
The Net Worth of an Automatic Sculpture is always 123.

Amend Section I of Rule 1240.1 (Definition of Otzma Cards) to read in
full:
"
I.

1. Otzma Cards are Nameless Gift Entities.

2. Otzma Cards can be created only according to the rules.

3. The Net Worth of an Otzma Card depends upon its F-Designation as
follows:
i) Rare: A$ 90
ii) Normal: A$ 30
iii) Common: A$ 10

4. The optional office of RuneMaker exists.
"

Append the following text to the end of Rule 1240.1 (Definition of Otzma
Cards) as a separate paragraph:
"
10. A player may destroy an Otzma Card e owns as a public action. If a
player voluntarily destroys a card its Net Worth in A$ is created in eir
possession.
"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 03:43:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3473

Proposal 3473
Licensed to Ice
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is an Aardvark.

{{[This proposal stems from the semi-recent attempts to make
rules/players ownable and the recent discussions on Word ownership.]}}

Create a new rule numbered xxx with the title "Commercial License Rule
Suite" with the text:
"
[This Rule Suite defines a group of Tradable Rules, which in turn define
an action for which the Rule's owner may charge a fee.]

I. Definition
a) All rules which are a member of this rule suite are unique tradeable
entities collectively known as Commercial Licenses, this takes
precedence over rule Rule 301 (Proposal and Rule Titles).
b) When a rule is added to this rule suite, it is created in the
treasury unless the rules specify otherwise.
c) A Commercial License must describe at least one game action.
d) Additionally, a Commercial License may define a fee for performing
the action(s) it describes which may be any number or variety of
tradeable entities. If a particular Commercial License does not specify
a fee, the Standard Harfer Fee shall apply.

II. Usage
a) When an entity performs an action described in a Commercial License e
must pay the required fee to the owner of the License.
b) An entity which does not own sufficient quantities of the entities
which constitute the fee cannot perform the action.
c) The owner of a commercial license may donate it to the treasury as a
public action.

[Follow this link for the current Commercial Licenses]
"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 03:44:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3474

Proposal 3474
A Word for the Wise
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

If the proposal titled "Licensed to Ice" authored by K 2 was accepted
the following will occur:
1. Create a new rule as a member of the Commercial License Rule Suite
with the following text:
- ---
Action: Authoring an Ackanomic Document which contains the text
"contains monosodium glutamate" or would through the application of its
text, or as a result of the application of any rule modified by that
Document, cause a new instance of the text "contains monosodium
glutamate" to appear or an existing instance to disappear from any
Ackanomic Document. 

Fee: The Standard Harfer Fee.

The first owner of this rule may as a public action replace all quoted
instances of contains monosodium glutamate in this rule with any
sequence of eight or more characters excluding the space character. This
paragraph shall be removed from this rule two weeks after this rule is
created.
- ---
If the proposal titled "Licensed to Ice" authored by K 2 was rejected
the following will occur:
1. Create a new rule numbered 312 with the text:
All proposals which contain the entire text of this rule are Zzimsy
Proposals. No other proposals are Zzimsy proposals. Two seconds after
the creation of this rule, any player who has ever voted YES on any
Zzimsy proposal shall gain the title "Hoopy Frood" and this rule shall
then repeal itself.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 03:45:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3475

Proposal 3475
Forgers in Your Cup
867-5309 (Eric Plumb)

{{ Renumber this Rule to 67. }}

This Rule takes precedence over Rule 103, "Retroactive Effects."

The name of any player which contains any two or more consecutive
characters, case insensitive, from the string "Viva la Life Feather" is
changed to "Nameless Thing #X", where X is replaced with a random 8-digit
prime number which would make the name unique.  Such random
determination must be made publically.  [Go JT!]

Alfvaen's Ackanomic name is changed to "Viva la Life Feather";
the change shall be considered to have taken place on 2 February 1998, and
the game state shall be modified accordingly.

After all the above effects have been applied, this Rule shall be repealed
by the Voting Gnome of Ackanomic.

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #136
*********************************