Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #119
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest      Saturday, August 1 1998      Volume 03 : Number 119

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 19:52:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3344

Proposal 3344
Dr. Dr.
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

Create a new rule numbered 22 with the title "Dr. & Dr."  with the
following text:
"
This rule takes precedence over all rules.
The action of running around in circles is a player action which affects
the game state and is equally legal and illegal.
"

Create a new rule numbered 23, titled "Hmmm" with the text:
"
This rule takes precedence over all rules.
The officer in charge of random things shall select a player at random.
All Paradox Win CFJs submitted by any player other than the one selected
according to the previous sentence shall be destroyed just prior to
distribution.
Three days after this rule is created, rule 22 and 23 shall be repealed.

"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 19:53:46 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3345

Proposal 3345
Splat
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal
[This is a non-Modest Proposal]
[This is a Grandiose Proposal]

Amend Rule 910 (The Ackanomicon) to remove the following text:
"
Stock Market Crash (1 Page): Reading this page causes the Orange Menace
to temporarily manifest itself. Wide spread panic ensues, causing the
stock market's positivity index to fall by 10%.
"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 19:54:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3346

Proposal 3346
Three's A Crowd
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

This is a Grandiose proposal.

Create a new Rule, numbered 775, named "Vagueness", with text as
follows(delimited by SEQ):

SEQ
It is a crime to talk in a public dorum about publicly unknowable things.
SEQ

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 19:56:06 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3347

Proposal 3347
Xagyg The Mad God Is An Avatar of Azpiazu
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

{{ If any entity is named Strength, Intelligence, Wisdom, Dexterity,
Constitution or Charisma, rename it by prepending the string "No ",
and if necessary appending the lowest positive integer required to
generate a unique name. }}

Create a new Rule, numbered 540.2, named "Basic Player Characteristics", with
text as follows(delimited by GREYHAWK):

GREYHAWK
Each Player has the following six Characteristics(as well as others that
may be defined by other Rules): Strength, Intelligence, Wisdom, Dexterity,
Constitution, and Charisma.  The range of these Characteristics is between
3 and 25, and their Default Value is 10.

Initially, all players have the Default Values for each of these
Characteristics; if a player has not done so, then at any time e may
ask the Dungeonmaster [see below] to generate eir scores, which the
Dungeonmaster may do by generating six values from 3 to 18 using three
six-sided dice(preferably using the Dice Server)for each value.  (That
is, each Characteristic's value shall be the sum of three randomly
generated numbers from 1 to 6.)

The Office of Dungeonmaster is an optional office, whose duties are to
generate Characteristic Values as specified in the previous paragraph
when required to do so.  (The Office has no Privileges as yet.)
GREYHAWK

{{[ Where is this going?  I don't know.  But this is something I've wanted
to try since I joined... ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 19:57:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3348

Proposal 3348
Two small naming fixes
JT (JT Traub)

Append the following TIMEOUT delimited text to the end of rule 251 (Player
Names)
TIMEOUT
If a player changes eir Ackanomic and the second change is acked by the
registrar while the first one has not been, then the first change will
not occur.
TIMEOUT
{{[
   This fixes the problem where as possibly recently happened, the first
   name change was possibly objected to, (but possibly not), a second one
   occured and now it is unclear what the current Ackanomic name of the
   two players really is.
]}}

Replace the paragraph of rule 251 (Player Names) currently existing as 
delimited by SIMPLE
SIMPLE
A player may change eir Ackanomic name, so long as the new name
complies with all applicable rules. If a player attempts to change eir
name to something not in compliance with the Rules, that attempt fails. In
addition, if the name change has not yet been accepted as described
in the following paragraph, the Registrar may object to the name change if
e feels that the new name is either a) too close to an existing player
name(i.e. differs by only one or two characters), or b) is intended only
to exploit Malenkai's Loophole(see Rule 721).
SIMPLE
with the following paragraph as delimited by BETTER
BETTER
A player may change eir Ackanomic name, so long as the new name
complies with all applicable rules. If a player attempts to change eir
name to something not in compliance with the Rules, that attempt fails. In
addition, if the name change has not yet been accepted as described
in the following paragraph, the Registrar may object to the name change if
e feels that the new name is not within the spirit of the game.  When the
player changing eir name is the Registrar, the President or any Senator
can object to or ack the name change as if e were the Registrar.  The
Registar may not ack eir own name change.
BETTER
{{[
   This change gives the registrar slightly broader authority to object to
   the name change.  It also gives someone to check the registrars ability
   to change eir own name.
]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 19:58:24 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3349

Proposal 3349
:  Greater Poobah and Lesser Poobah
Publius (Brandon Ray)

{{After the following DISTRIBUTE-delimited text in Rule 406:

DISTRIBUTE
(e) to promptly distribute each proposal for voting.
DISTRIBUTE

Add the following NEWDUTY-delimited text:

NEWDUTY
(f)  Proclaim the identities of the Greater Poobah and the Lesser
Poobah.
NEWDUTY}}

{{Create a new rule with the number being the lowest integer greater
than 400 which is not already in use, to read as follows:}}

A.  There shall be two new Functional optional offices, the Greater
Poobah and the Lesser Poobah.

B.  The Greater Poobah shall be that player who had the greatest number
of proposals accepted during the most recent calendar week, as
determined by the Promoter.  The Lesser Poobah shall be that player who
had the fewest number of proposals rejected during the most recent
calendar week, as determined by the Promoter.  For purposes of this rule
only, the Promoter shall count only those proposals for which voting
expired during the most recent calendar week.

C.  The identity of the Greater Poobah and the Lesser Poobah shall be
proclaimed by the Promoter no more than 24 hours after the end of each
calendar week.  Each Poobah shall take office immediately, and shall
hold office for exactly seven days from the moment e is proclaimed by
the Promoter, or until a new Poobah is proclaimed, whichever happens
sooner.  The Promoter may proclaim only one Greater Poobah and one
Lesser Poobah during each calendar week.

D.  A player may not be proclaimed to be either the Greater Poobah or
the Lesser Poobah if any of the following are true:

1.  The player was Inactive at 11:59 p.m. on the last day of the most
recent calendar week.

2.  The player was in Gaol at 11:59 p.m. on the last day of the most
recent calendar week.

3.  The player had no proposals acted upon during the most recent
calendar week.

E.  In the event that two or more players shall be equally qualified to
be proclaimed Greater or Lesser Poobah, the Promoter shall resolve the
tie using the Ackanomic dice, with each player’s chance of selection
(among those qualified) being equally weighted.

F.  In the event that no player shall be qualified to be proclaimed
Greater or Lesser Poobah, the Promoter shall proclaim that the office
for which no player qualified will remain vacant for that calendar
week.  The other office, however, shall be filled in the normal manner.

G.  In the event that one player qualifies for both offices, the player
shall be proclaimed to be the Greater Poobah, and the office of Lesser
Poobah shall be proclaimed to be vacant for that calendar week.

H.  The Greater Poobah shall have the following duties:

1.  Sign all is posts with the phrase: “So spake the Greater Poobah, may
his name be revered!”

2.  To proclaim imself to be co-sponsor of at least one but not more
than three proposals written by other players, and for which voting
expires during the seven days following the moment e was proclaimed to
be Greater Poobah.

a.  If any proposal for which the Greater Poobah is co-sponsor shall be
accepted, e shall receive two points fewer than the number of points
received by the proposer (but not less than zero points).

b.  If any proposal for which the Greater Poobah is co-sponsor shall be
rejected, e shall lose a number of points equal to the number lost by
the proposer.

I.  The Lesser Poobah shall have the following duties:

1.  To sign all posts with the phrase, “So spake the Lesser Poobah,
legend in song and story!”

2.  To proclaim imself to be in Opposition to at least one but not more
than three proposals written by other players, and for which voting
expires during the seven days following the moment e was proclaimed to
be Greater Poobah.

a.  If any proposal to which the Greater Poobah is in Opposition shall
be rejected, e shall receive two points fewer than the number of points
the proposer would have received if it had been accepted (but not less
than zero points).

b.  If any proposal to which the Greater Poobah is in Opposition shall
be accepted, e shall lose a number of points equal to the number the
proposer would have lost if it had been rejected.

J.  Neither the Greater Poobah nor the Lesser Poobah shall receive any
salary.

H.  Where conflicts occur, this rule takes precedence over all other
rules pertaining to Offices.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 19:59:06 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3350

Proposal 3350
Slay that weasel!
Publius (Brandon Ray)

In Rule 309, strike the phrase “substantially similar” and replace it
with the phrase “identical”, wherever it occurs.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 21:42:53 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3348

On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:
>Eir Ackanomic...what?  I think it should say "eir Ackanomic name twice",
>myself, since I think "twice" should be in there somewhere.

Ahh hell.. I retract proposal 3348 and will resubmit it fixed in a moment.
Thanks Alfvaen :)

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 21:48:00 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brandon Ray <[email-masked]>
Subject: Proposal 3349

I hereby retract Proposal 3349.

Humbly retract yadda yadda yadda....deeply regret et endless
cetera....flies eat my soul; death and abasement...

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #119
*********************************