Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #112
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest      Wednesday, July 22 1998      Volume 03 : Number 112

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 13:51:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3316

Proposal 3316
Sometimes Penalties don't Seem Fair
Mr. Tambourine Man (Tom Walmsley)

This is a modest proposal.

Amend rule 217 by replacing the following HJKL delimited text with the
following QWERTY delimited text:

HJKL
If the court agrees with the previous verdict, the player who lodged the
appeal shall be fined between 1 and 25 points for a frivolous appeal, with
the penalty to be 25 points unless the Justices specify otherwise. 

If the court disagrees with the previous verdict, then the verdict shall be
overturned to the new verdict, and all players who decided the previous
verdict [i.e. judge, or justice on a Cortex] shall be fined between 1 and 10
points, the penalty to be 1 unless the Justices specify otherwise. 
HJKL

QWERTY
If the court agrees with the previous verdict, the player who lodged the
appeal shall be fined between 0 and 25 points for a frivolous appeal, with
the penalty to be 25 points unless the Justices specify otherwise. 

If the court disagrees with the previous verdict, then the verdict shall be
overturned to the new verdict, and all players who decided the previous
verdict [i.e. judge, or justice on a Cortex] shall be fined between 0 and 10
points, the penalty to be 1 unless the Justices specify otherwise.
QWERTY

[Sometimes I feel that players don't deserve a penalty in this sort of
situation so I am giving the option for there not to be any penalty. Note
that the default penalties stay the same.]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 13:56:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3317

Proposal 3317
Son I am able though you scare me / Watch beloved / Watch me scare you though / Able am I son
rufus (David Scheidt)

create a rule numbered 432, with following CHICKEN_LITTLE-delimited text.

CHICKEN_LITTLE
The Office of Scaremonger is an optional, functional office.  The duties
of Scaremonger are to promote panic and forment fear.  They should take
every opportunity to point out the crashing of the game, officers failing
to perform their duties, and the End of the World.  If the Scaremonger
fails to do this, another player may call a Test of the Emergency
Broadcast System.  

A test of the Emergency Broadcast System is a loud tone.  It is also a
hearing, and player who called the Test of The Emergency Broadcast System
is the Hearing Harfer.  The possible votes in this hearing are "The sky is
falling!" and "It is only a little hailstorm."  If the verdict is "The
sky is falling!", the Scaremonger is removed from office, and the Hearing
Harfer is installed as Scaremonger.

{{ MTM is appointed Scaremonger }}
CHICKEN_LITTLE

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #112
*********************************