Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #106
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest        Sunday, July 12 1998        Volume 03 : Number 106

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 06:42:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3297

Proposal 3297
Don't say it if you don't mean it
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

Amend Section IV of Rule 340 "Conventions" which reads:
IV. Text delimited by square brackets [e.g. this] is a note. Notes have
no semantic meaning. 
to read:
IV. Except in Public Messages, text delimited by square brackets [e.g.
this] is a note. Notes have no semantic meaning.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 06:43:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3298

Proposal 3298
some small repeals
JT (JT Traub)

This is a modest proposal.

{{[I realize that these are similar to some other proposals, but I voted
against those for the primary reason that they should have been bundled
into one instead of trying to scam lots and lots of points through
seperate props.]}}

Repeal rule 1390.1 {{[Wibble]}} {{[null effect rule]}}
Repeal rule 1317 {{[Codex of Kra]}} {{[has been used at all recently?]}}
Repeal rule 1308 {{[Bracket/Smiley Pedantry]}}
Repeal rule 1307 {{[Ackanomic Middle Ages]}}
Repeal rule 1307.1 {{[The Color Black]}}
Repeal rule 1142 {{[Reincarnating Into The Third Cat]}}
Repeal rule 1127 {{[Sanctity of Harf]}}
Repeal rule 1125 {{[Committee for the Protection, Preservation, and
Integrity of the Arts]}}
Repeal rule 1123 {{[snowgod's disease]}}
Repeal rule 961 {{[curse of the B-ack]}} {{[It's rarely used anyway.]}}
Repeal rule 594.23 {{[Nyarlathotep]}}
Repeal rule 319 {{[Unanimity Is Lovely]}}
Repeal rule 42 {{[The Oldest Rule in the Book]}} {{[null effect rule]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 06:44:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3299

Proposal 3299
Small robe change
JT (JT Traub)

{{[Upon the owner of the robe recieving a bronze torch, the robe goes
somewhere else.]}}
Amend rule 933 (Purple Robe of Justice) by appending the following TORCH
delimited text.
TORCH
When a player recieves a Bronze Torch, if they possess the Purple Robe of
Justice, it goes Somewhere Else
TORCH

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 06:45:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3300

Proposal 3300
Tor, Pray!
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

{{[ I think the Office of Praetor is no longer truly necessary. ]}}

Amend Rule 416, "Supreme Court", as follows:

If Proposal 3252 was not accepted, replace the sentence "Only those players
eligible to be Praetor are eligible to be Justices, except that a player
holding a seat in the Office of Justice is always eligible to hold that
seat." with

"To be eligible for the Office of Justice, a player must be active and one
or more of the following:
   
   a) a Bronze Torch holder
   b) the owner of a Gold Stripe or Ruby Slipper
   c) a former or current Supreme Court Justice
   d) enshrined in the Hall of Elders
"   

Delete the sentence "The Praetor or Acting Praetor shall be an Acting
Justice whenever there is a vacancy in the Supreme Court."

Delete the sentence "If there are no Justices eligible to double as
Acting Justices, then the Praetor or Acting Praetor shall fill that
Justice's seat as an Acting Justice."

Amend Rule 213, "Delivering Judgement" by replacing "to be assigned to
the Praetor" to "to be reassigned to another random judge".

Amend Rule 217, "Overturning Judgements", by deleting the last paragraph
of Section I {{[ which describes how CFJs may reach the Supreme Court
via the Preator ]}}, and deleting from Section IV. the text ", or a verdict
on an appeal of a CFJ originally submitted to the Supreme Court by the
Praetor".

Amend Rule 250, "Players and Player States", as follows: delete the
text "does not go to the Praetor but" in IV.a) 

Repeal Rule 425, "Praetor".

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 06:46:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3301

Proposal 3301
The Franklin Expedition
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

This is a Modest proposal.

Amend Rule 1240.17 as follows: Rename the Rule to "Otzma Card of type
Arctic Explorer", and replace "Grave Robber" with "Arctic Explorer"
everywhere is appears in the Rule.

Replace the word "Shovel" with "Ice Pick" wherever it appears in the Rule.
{{[ Since in most cases, except for the Pulse Shovel, recreating an Ice
Pick is trivial, and I don't want to change the Silver Shovel or anything,
I won't transform all Shovels into Ice Picks, as I was half-tempted to. ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 06:47:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3302

Proposal 3302
Towers Crumble
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

This is a Modest proposal.

Amend Rule 411, "Senate", by appending to the Rule the following
paragraph(delimited by TONIGHT):

TONIGHT
A Senator may, if e has not already done so in eir current Term of
Office, rename eir Seat.  E does so by announcing the new name(which
must satisfy all the Rules for entity names), and paying the Standard
Harfer Fee.
TONIGHT

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #106
*********************************