Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #105
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest        Tuesday, July 7 1998        Volume 03 : Number 105

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 07:07:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3292

Proposal 3292
An Be Who I Want To Be!!!!
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

Repeal Rule 1127 (Sanctity of Harf)

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 07:08:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3293

Proposal 3293
Eternal Debate
saaremaa (Randy Hall)

This is a Modest proposal.

[This amends quorum to breadbox's definition, adds a definition of
pending that should have been there, and fixes the collision with the
acting officers proposal]

- -----

Amend rule 107, "Quorum and Active Players" so that its title is
"Quorum" and its text is:

"
The head count for a given proposal includes all players who
legally cast a vote on that proposal and all players who were
active at the end of that proposal's voting period, but excluding
those players who are currently defined as Pending.

Then, quorum is met if and only if at least half of the players in 
the head count have cast a vote.

{{breadbox gains 3 points; saaremaa loses 3 points.
[this rule used to define Active player; now the title is a bit out of
date]}}
"

- -----

Amend rule 250, "Players and Player States" to add this as the 
new final subsection of section II:

"
f) A "pending" Player is a Voting Player who has not voted on a proposal 
since their most recent registration.
"

- -----

Amend rule 401.1, "Acting Officers", as follows:

a) replace "a Vacationing" with "an inactive" in section I [subsection iv]
b) replace the third paragraph of section II with this:

"
If a player who holds a seat of an Office in an Acting capacity 
resigns from that Office or otherwise becomes ineligible to hold 
that Office, then at that point e is no longer an Acting Officer
for that seat. This also occurs when there is a holder of that 
Office in a "normal" capacity, i.e. when an Officer is appointed 
to hold a vacant Office, or when an inactive Officer again becomes
active.
"

c) replace "goes on Vacation" with "becomes inactive" both places
it appears in the final paragraph.

- -----

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 07:09:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3294

Proposal 3294
One Ring To Rule Them All
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

This is a Modest proposal.

Create a new Rule, numbered 775, named "Vagueness", with text as
follows(delimited by SEQ):

SEQ
It is a crime to talk in a public dorum about publicly unknowable things.
SEQ

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 07:10:20 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3295

Proposal 3295
But Fear Itself
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

After the second sentence of Rule 101, insert the sentence "Each player may,
however, choose one Rule per calendar month, and disobey that Rule once
in that month, without committing a Crime by doing so."

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 07:11:06 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3296

Proposal 3296
'Ket, Bro!
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

This is a Modest proposal.

Repeal Rule Rule 1308, "Bracket/Smiley Pedantry".

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #105
*********************************