Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #104
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest        Tuesday, July 7 1998        Volume 03 : Number 104

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:29:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3255

Proposal 3255
banna
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

Amend section i of Rule 921 (Acid Rain Dance) which currently reads:
i) The player who most recently submitted a proposal whose number, when
having its digits added together, equals exactly 28.
to read:
i) The Player who submitted a proposal since the most recent Acid Rain
Dance whose number, when having its digits added together, equals
exactly 28.

{{[Otherwise there's no point to performing a banna induced Acid Rain
Dance]}}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:30:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3256

Proposal 3256
River
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

Amend Section 4 of Rule 836 (Down the river) to read:
4) The team gets part way down the river and then capsizes. All members
of the team bang their heads on the bottom of the river, suffer a
concussion and are unable to remember who they are for a week. During
this week, or until one of em fails to do so, every member of the team
must start every public message e writes with the word "Moo!" , end
every public message e writes with the words "Quack, quack?" and include
at least 5 exclamation marks (since it is well known that "Five
exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind" [Terry Pratchett,
Reaper Man]). If e fails to do so e is declared to have "Ignored the
laws of nature". Ignoring the laws of nature is a crime.

{{[I’ve been repeating this crime on and off for ever since I’ve been
concussed. Once is enough. Furthermore this amendment will mean only the
first to slip will commit the crime. Who will it be?]}}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:31:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3257

Proposal 3257
Chess Hall
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

Amend section VI of Rule 1040 (Party Hall) which reads:
"
VI. A proposal that attempts to add a rule to the Party Chess Rule
Suite, Repeal a rule from the Party Chess Rule Suite, or
amend a rule in the Party Chess Rule Suite, and does not attempt to
change the text of any rule which is not a member of the
Party Chess Rule Suite, shall be referred to in this proposal as a Chess
Proposal.

Whenever all Swingers vote on a Chess Proposal the same way, an
additional vote is cast by Party Hall. The vote cast by
Party Hall is called the Swing Vote and it identical to the vote cast by
the Swingers.
"
to read:
"
VI. A proposal that contains the furniture "This is a Party Chess
Proposal" and would only effect (or create) rules in the Party Chess
Rule Suite is a Chess Proposal.

Whenever all Swingers vote on a Chess Proposal the same way, an
additional vote is cast by Party Hall, called the Swing Vote, which is
identical to the vote cast by the Swingers.
"
{{[Bringing it into line with game custom. Next step would be to repeal
it or allow different acceptance criteria.. 50% perhaps.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:32:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3258

Proposal 3258
Room to move.
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

Replace the following paragraph of Rule 709 (Gaol) :
The Location known as the Gaol is hereby created. It is a cramped
building. A player may not leave the Gaol except by the application of a
Rule which explicitly defines a procedure or condition for the player to
be released or removed from the Gaol.
with :
The Gaol is a Location and a cramped building. Just outside the Gaol is
the Waiting Room which is also a Location. A player may not leave the
Gaol or its Waiting Room except by the application of a Rule which
explicitly defines a procedure or condition for the player to be
released or removed from the Gaol.

Whenever any rule, besides this one, places a Player in Goal, they shall
instead be placed in the Goal's Waiting Room. Any time a player spends
in the waiting room shall not count towards eir sentence.

It is a duty of the Gaoler to announce the start of the sentence of a
player who is in the goal's waiting room, at which point the player
shall be moved to the Gaol. If a player is ever in the waiting room for
longer than three days, the Gaoler shall be held in contempt and the
player shall be transferred to the Goal, whereupon eir sentence shall
start. If the office of Gaoler is vacant or the Gaoler is in the waiting
room, any Player who is in the waiting room shall be immediately moved
to the goal and commence eir sentence.

{{[Anyone like to tell me who was the last player to take up residence
in the gaol? Koxvolio, I think... Did e breach Gaol restrictions? For
that matter it is often the case that a player has left the Gaol before
anyone realizes that e was in it. What kind of "punishment" is that.
Toss em in and throw the key away I say.]}}
#End proposal

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:33:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3259

Proposal 3259
K2
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

Create a new rule numbered 838 titled "The Mountain" with the text:

In the north western most corner of Acka {{[next to the library ;)]}}
there exists The Mountain. From its base it would appear to reach even
unto the stainless steel surface that comprises the Ackan sky, although
it naturally falls several cat heights short of this. In the past it has
been known to erupt violently at the slightest provocation (most notably
when All Hell Breaks Loose) but it is at present in a quiescent state.
The Mountain’s upper reaches are covered in snow and ice, riddled with
hidden crevasses and prone to sudden avalanches. Despite this it is
possible for a Daring Adventurer to climb the mountain. It also goes
without saying that the entity making such an attempt must be properly
equipped.

A Player is considered to be properly equipped when e has completed all
of the following since The Mountain was last climbed and is the most
recent Player to have done so in each case:
i) authored a proposal which meets the three conditions in rule 605
[Palindrome].
ii) announced a new silly phrase (as per rule 207.1).
iii) had a Foolish proposal accepted.
iv) had a Great Work accepted.
v) had a Grandiose proposal accepted.

A properly equipped Daring Adventurer may climb The Mountain as a public
action, provided that e provides the proposal numbers that allow em to
do so and was not the most recent entity to climb The Mountain.

Once a Player successfully climbs the mountain the following effects
occur in order:
i) Eir location shall be the top of The Mountain.
ii) E shall gain the title of Steel Conqueror.
iii) E shall receive a trinket worth A$ 200 called "The Mountain"
suffixed, if necessary, with the lowest positive number required to give
a unique name, with the description "‘What's it like?’ ‘Well It's sort
of big’" [Terry Pratchett, Truckers]. Regardless of its name a trinket
created by this rule shall never be a forgery since this sentence has
precedence over any rule which would make it one.
iv) The title of this rule and all instances of "The Mountain" in it
shall be simultaneously replaced with a name of eir choosing provided
that the chosen name is not the same as any phrase within this rule.

The summit of The Mountain is a common location which may only be
entered by a Steel Conqueror or by climbing The Mountain. This rule
describes the only methods by which The summit of The Mountain may be
entered and has precedence over any rule which would allow an entity to
do so without meeting the requirements it sets forth.

The base of The Mountain is a Common Location to which Players may go to
gaze in awe upon the mighty vastness of The Mountain.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:34:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3260

Proposal 3260
A Rare Exceptionally Notable Thinker
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal

A Rare Exceptionally Notable Thinker is a unique title.

The player who most recently introduced a word into the ruleset which
does not appear in the official dictionary or the current version of the
rules and is not unambiguously misspelled may claim the title of Rare
and Exceptionally Notable Thinker. The claim must be made within three
days of the addition of the word to the ruleset and may only be made
once for each newly introduced word. Upon making a valid claim the
player will gain the title and all other players shall lose it. If a
player who makes such a claim is already the Rare and Exceptionally
Notable Thinker then e shall instead gain a Comfortably Heavy and
Agreeably Solid Mahogany Shillelagh.

A Comfortably Heavy and Agreeably Solid Mahogany Shillelagh is a large
ownable, non-tradeable entity. It is particularly good for thwapping
twits.

When a player loses the title of Rare and Exceptionally Notable Thinker
all Comfortably Heavy and Agreeably Solid Mahogany Shillelaghs in eir
possession are destroyed.

If it is ever the case that a Player who's Ackanomic name is composed of
the same letters in the same relative proportions as in "heather" is
ever a Rare and Exceptionally Notable Thinker and owns more than one
Comfortably Heavy and Agreeably Solid Mahogany Shillelagh, then it shall
be the case that The Earth is RENT with gigantic CHASMS and e shall
receive a bonus vote and lose the title of Rare and Exceptionally
Notable Thinker.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:36:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3261

Proposal 3261
Assorted stuff
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

Amend rule 910 (The Ackanomicon) to remove the following text:
Doomsday (2 pages): These pages describe the coming apocalypse in
excruciating detail. They also compel the reader to act to hasten the
end, by forcing him to donate 1/3rd (rounded down) of his A$ to The
Round Earth restoration Society.
{{[Don't Need it any more. The world is a cube :)]}}

Amend rule 901 (The Magic Potato) to remove the following text:
The first Magic Potato will be given out on the first Monday following
the accepting of this Proposal into law.
{{[Don't Need it any more. Been Done]}}

Move the following paragraph of Rule 594.4 (Blueprint: Vending Machine)
to the end of that rule:
"The owner of a Vending Machine may change the price for which the
Machine sells any item. This fails if the price for that item was
changed at any time within the preceding thirty days or if the new price
is not an even integer."
{{[Tidier]}}

Move the following paragraph of Rule 594.4 (Blueprint: Vending Machine)
to the end of that rule:
"Any player may attempt to buy any item from any Vending Machine. This
fails if the Vending Machine is broken or unowned; if the Vending
Machine is not equipped to vend the specified item; or if the player
attempting to buy the item does not have the current price for which the
specified Machine sells the specified item. If the action succeeds then
the Machine transfers half of the current price of that item to its
owner and the other half to the Treasury, and then it creates a new item
of the type requested and gives it to the buyer."
{{[Still Tidier]}}

Amend Rule 1240.17 (Otzma Card of type Grave Robber) to remove the
following phrase:
", who is not controlled as a Zombie,"
{{[Long Gone]}}

 #end proposal

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:37:15 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3262

Proposal 3262
Mooning Around
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

Append to the list in Rule 975 (Yes Virginia) as a new entry:
VII. If a Player is on a Moon and has been there for at least a week, e
shall receive a random cheese from the list defined in rule 611 (Le
Grand Fromage). If this results in em having more than one of a
particular variety of cheese, e shall also receive a newly created
Cheese-Whiz.

{{[In the Cheese-Whiz case the extra chees will be destroyed by rule
611]}}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:38:06 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3263

Proposal 3263
Baba Ganoush
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

Replace the following sentence of Rule 671 (Nemesis Eggplants and Agenda
Hats):
No player may own an agenda hat with a condition e authored.
with:
No player may own an agenda hat with a condition e authored or for which
e owns corresponding Nemesis Eggplant.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:39:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3264

Proposal 3264
Sausage
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

Create a rule numbered 902 titled "Sausage" with the following text:

The Sausage is a unique non-tradeable entity, which "is all very well,
but a sausage is a sausage"[Terry Pratchett, Men At Arms]. Since the
Sausage contains monosodium glutamate it is particularly tasty.
Sufficiently tasty in fact that its owner may hold a barbecue to which e
may invite the Ackan bureaucracy and ply em with drinks, at which point
they shall commit themselves to trade concessions with the Sausage’s
owner. As a result, the owner of the Sausage will receive a 10% discount
on any expense e may incur for which the quantity of A$ is explicitly
defined in the rules.

Whenever a New Player joins Ackanomic the Sausage shall be given to a
random player who does not own the Magic Potato.

{{The Sausage is distributed to a randomly chosen player who does not
own the Magic Potato}}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:40:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3265

Proposal 3265
The Good and The Bad
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

{{[The GBS/EBS rules look a little odd referring EBS/GBS for half the
rule and "The Thing" for the other half, and then there's the case of a
shaking and shimmying gadget not stopping when it teleports... Course
MTM may have rendered this a null proposal.]}}

Replace the following text of Rule 594.7 (Blueprint: Evil Ballot
Stuffer):
 "Upon an EBS starting to shake and shimmy uncontrollably, one of 3
things will occur, each with an equal probability of occurring as
determined as needed by the Officer in charge of Random Things. An EBS
may not be used between the time it starts to shimmy and shake and the
time the this random determination is publicly knowable: 

1) The thing will sputter and die, and thus become broken. 
2) The thing will explode in its operator's face, and thus be destroyed,
but not before bellowing a raft of annoying laughter
ridiculing its user throughout the land of Acka. 
3) The thing will teleport, and thus change possession to, another
random active player.
"
with:
"
Upon an EBS starting to shake and shimmy uncontrollably, one of 3 things
will occur with equal probability. An EBS may not be used between the
time it starts to shimmy and shake and the time the this random
determination is publicly knowable at which time it shall cease to shake
and shimmy: 

1) The EBS will sputter and die, and thus become broken. 
2) The EBS will explode in its operator's face, and thus be destroyed,
but not before bellowing a raft of annoying laughter ridiculing its user
throughout the land of Acka. 
3) The EBS will teleport, and thus change possession to, another random
active player.
"

Replace the following text of Rule 594.21 (Blueprint: Good Ballot
Stuffer):
"
Upon a GBS starting to shake and shimmy uncontrollably, one of 3 things
will occur, each with an equal probability of occurring as determined as
needed by the Officer in charge of Random Things. An GBS may not be used
between the time it starts to shimmy and shake and the time the this
random determination is publicly knowable: 

1) The thing will sputter and die, and thus become broken. 
2) The thing will explode in its operator's face, and thus be destroyed,
but not before bellowing a raft of annoying laughter
ridiculing its user throughout the land of Acka. 
3) The thing will teleport, and thus change possession to, another
random active player.
"
with:
"
Upon a GBS starting to shake and shimmy uncontrollably, one of 3 things
will occur with equal probability. A GBS may not be used between the
time it starts to shimmy and shake and the time the this random
determination is publicly knowable at which time it shall cease to shake
and shimmy: 

1) The GBS will sputter and die, and thus become broken. 
2) The GBS will explode in its operator's face, and thus be destroyed,
but not before bellowing a raft of annoying laughter ridiculing its user
throughout the land of Acka. 
3) The GBS will teleport, and thus change possession to, another random
active player.
"

#End Proposal

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:41:30 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3266

Proposal 3266
Spot on for top Value
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

Repeal Rule 1010 (Spotter).

Amend section 3 of Rule 1003 (Organizations) which currently reads:
"
3. Very Small Organizations. 
Organizations that have fewer than three members are known as Very Small
Organizations - or VSO. a VSO can only perform the following
Organizational Actions: 

a. Accept new members 
b. Change admissions policy 
c. Change its name 

A VSO may not own anything. Any attempt on the part of a VSO to perform
any other kind of Organizational Action fails. 
"
to read:
"
3. Very Small Organizations. 
Organizations that have fewer than three members are known as Very Small
Organizations - or VSO. a VSO can only perform the following
Organizational Actions: 

a. Accept new members 
b. Change admissions policy 
c. Change its name 
d. Trade away entities it owns to its members.

A VSO may not receive gifts or accept trades. Any attempt on the part of
a VSO to perform any other kind of Organizational Action fails.
"

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:42:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3267

Proposal 3267
The Good and The Bad
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

{{[The GBS/EBS rules look a little odd referring EBS/GBS for half the
rule and "The Thing" for the other half, and then there's the case of a
shaking and shimmying gadget not stopping when it teleports... Course
MTM may have rendered this a null proposal.]}}

Replace the following text of Rule 594.7 (Blueprint: Evil Ballot
Stuffer):
 "Upon an EBS starting to shake and shimmy uncontrollably, one of 3
things will occur, each with an equal probability of occurring as
determined as needed by the Officer in charge of Random Things. An EBS
may not be used between the time it starts to shimmy and shake and the
time the this random determination is publicly knowable: 

1) The thing will sputter and die, and thus become broken. 
2) The thing will explode in its operator's face, and thus be destroyed,
but not before bellowing a raft of annoying laughter
ridiculing its user throughout the land of Acka. 
3) The thing will teleport, and thus change possession to, another
random active player.
"
with:
"
Upon an EBS starting to shake and shimmy uncontrollably, one of 3 things
will occur with equal probability. An EBS may not be used between the
time it starts to shimmy and shake and the time the this random
determination is publicly knowable at which time it shall cease to shake
and shimmy: 

1) The EBS will sputter and die, and thus become broken. 
2) The EBS will explode in its operator's face, and thus be destroyed,
but not before bellowing a raft of annoying laughter ridiculing its user
throughout the land of Acka. 
3) The EBS will teleport, and thus change possession to, another random
active player.
"

Replace the following text of Rule 594.21 (Blueprint: Good Ballot
Stuffer):
"
Upon a GBS starting to shake and shimmy uncontrollably, one of 3 things
will occur, each with an equal probability of occurring as determined as
needed by the Officer in charge of Random Things. An GBS may not be used
between the time it starts to shimmy and shake and the time the this
random determination is publicly knowable: 

1) The thing will sputter and die, and thus become broken. 
2) The thing will explode in its operator's face, and thus be destroyed,
but not before bellowing a raft of annoying laughter
ridiculing its user throughout the land of Acka. 
3) The thing will teleport, and thus change possession to, another
random active player.
"
with:
"
Upon a GBS starting to shake and shimmy uncontrollably, one of 3 things
will occur with equal probability. A GBS may not be used between the
time it starts to shimmy and shake and the time the this random
determination is publicly knowable at which time it shall cease to shake
and shimmy: 

1) The GBS will sputter and die, and thus become broken. 
2) The GBS will explode in its operator's face, and thus be destroyed,
but not before bellowing a raft of annoying laughter ridiculing its user
throughout the land of Acka. 
3) The GBS will teleport, and thus change possession to, another random
active player.
"

#End Proposal

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:43:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3268

Proposal 3268
Through Thick and Thin
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

Amend Rule 594.3 (Whamiol) to append the following paragraph:
Any trade which would cause a Whamiol to be owned by an entity other
than a Player is invalid and will not occur.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:44:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3269

Proposal 3269
Lasso Prop Time Bus
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

Append the following text as a separate paragraph to Rule 919 (Brass
Monkey):
If a Streak of nine proposals is followed by a rejected proposal All
Hell will Break Loose and the author of the rejected proposal shall
receive a bonus vote to prevent further catastrophe.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:45:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3270

Proposal 3270
Act! No Mick\205 Let\222s Con!
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

Amend the following sentence of Rule 346 (The Ackanomic Lexicon):
- ----
The Ackanomic Lexicon may only be modified by use of Proposals, and no
player may be considered to "control" the Lexicon, although it may be
the duty of one or more players to maintain an copy of it.
- ----
to read:
- ----
The Ackanomic Lexicon may only be modified by use of Proposals or CSRs.
Any Player may author a CSR which modifies only the Ackanomic Lexicon.
No player may be considered to "control" the Lexicon, although it may be
the duty of one or more players to maintain an copy of it.
- ----

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:46:06 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3271

Proposal 3271
Grab for Power
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

Append to the following phrase in section VI of Rule 850 (Museum):
", which is awarded to a random benefactor"
the following :
" as determined by the Financier".

{{[Since the financier has tracks the museum anyway e has up to date
info on players BV]}}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:47:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3272

Proposal 3272
Judgement.
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

Append the following text to Rule 910 (The Ackanomicon Purple Robe of
Justice) as a separate paragraph:
Judgement Day (2 pages): These pages relate the days following the end
of the world and impart to the reader the ability to judge eir fellows.
The Purple Robe of Justice is transferred to the reader.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:48:18 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3273

Proposal 3273
un-Hubert
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

Remove the following text of [section II of] Rule 1240.1 (Definition of
Otzma Cards):
- ----
3. A player may spend A$10 to acquire one Otzma Card of eir Choice from
the cards in the Treasury, provided there is at least one Otzma Card in
the Treasury. 
- ----

Replace the following text [from section III.5.g] in Rule 1240.1
(Definition of Otzma Cards):
- ----
g. At the end of the Otzma Day the RuneMaker publically posts a list of
the Otzma Cards he created, and initiates an Auction (public or private
at eir discretion) for each set of Otzma Cards, where all Cards of a
given type form one set. The cards within each set are not grouped for
the purposes of R516.
- ----
with:
- ----
g. At the end of the Otzma Day the RuneMaker publicly posts a list
including both the cards in the treasury and those that he created, and
initiates an Auction (public or private at eir discretion) for each set
of Otzma Cards, where all Cards of a given type form one set. The cards
within each set are not grouped for the purposes of R516.
- ----

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:49:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3274

Proposal 3274
It Happens.
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

Amend Rule 1240.18 (Otzma Card of type Lay Off!) to replace the
following text:
- ----
At any given time there may be at most 7 cards of this type. Lay Off!
cards have an F designation of Normal.
- ----
with the following COUNTER delimited text:
COUNTER
Counter-Action: The Gadget the card was played on is destroyed, unless
it was indestructible in which case nothing happens.

At any given time there may be at most 7 cards of this type. Lay Off!
cards have an F designation of Normal.
COUNTER

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:50:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3275

Proposal 3275
Hacker Crackdown
saaremaa (Randy Hall)

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[if this looks familiar, it failed quorum the first time]}}
 
{{[gist: expand the scope of the chartreuse goose from PWCFJs to all
winning CFJs]}}
 
- -----
 
Amend rule 600, "Winning Conditions", to add this text as a new paragraph
at end of the rule:
 
"
Only Cycle-Win CFJs and Paradox Win CFJs are Winning Condition CFJs.
"
 
- -----
 
Amend rule 620, "Chartreuse Goose" to replace all instances of "Paradox Win
CFJ" with "Winning Condition CFJ".

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:51:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3276

Proposal 3276
History Never Repeats
saaremaa (Randy Hall)

This is a Modest proposal.
 
{{[The Vulcan Coup demonstrated what a minority who had the power to change
the rules could do. Lets provide a general solution for the same problem
that exists in rule 777. No fair loophole surfing a loophole discovered by
someone else ;-)]}}
 
- -----
 
Amend rule 360, "Hearings", to add the following texts as two new
paragraphs directly before the second to last paragraph:
 
"
A Hearing is Serious if and only if there exists one or more verdicts for
that particular Hearing that would lead to a modification of the ruleset.
Attempts by entities other than voting players to respond in Serious
Hearings automatically fail, and if such attempting entity is a mechanical
Gadget, it breaks.
 
If exactly one of the verdicts of a Serious Hearing would lead to a
modification of the ruleset, that verdict requires at least the same
percentage of responses cast in its favor as the percentage of YES votes
needed to accept a proposal as defined in rule 106. In this case, if this
particular response received less than that percentage, but received the
most responses, the response that received the second most responses is the
verdict of the Hearing.
"
 
- -----
 
Amend rule 362, "Crisis Resolution" to remove the final paragraph.
 
[This is the one about the 60% business, taken care of by the above]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:52:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3277

Proposal 3277
The Year I Went To Camp
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

I was young and foolish then, I feel old and foolish now.

This is a Modest proposal.

Amend Rule 1250.18, "Ye Olde Rusty Lantern", as follows:

In the third paragraph of the section entitled "Plays", replace the text
"or a card was specified" with "the play was attempted more than three
days after the beginning of the Bard's turn; or a card was specified".

{{[ This will allow the Barkeep to reject late plays. ]}}

{{ Reduce Alfvaen's score by 2 points, and increase Koxvolio's score by
2 points. }}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:53:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3278

Proposal 3278
Honour Characteristic
JT (JT Traub)

This is a modest proposal.

{{[This basically brings Honour into line as a characteristic, which it
seems like it should be, and cleans up the wording since characteristics
already had some of the properties I was assigning to Honour]}}
Amend rule 550 to read as follows delimited by CHARACTER
CHARACTER
[Honour System Rule Suite]
Every player has an Honour Characteristic with a Default Value of 0 and a
range of -1000000 to 1000000

The Honour Characteristic of a player or undead may be referred to as their
Honour.

The Honour Characteristic is always an integer.

The rules in this rules suite take precedence over any other rules which
deal with when Honour is gained or lost.

It is a duty of the Herald to track the Honour of each player or undead,
and make that information publically available to any player upon request.

The Herald is the Custodian of the Honour System Rule Suite.
CHARACTER

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:54:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3279

Proposal 3279
mode (dis)honourable acts
JT (JT Traub)

I was young and foolish then, I feel old and foolish now.
Amend rule 550.1 (Honourable Acts) to add the following ACT delimited text
to the list of repeatably honourable acts.
ACT
1 honour : Winning a Cycle
ACT

Amend rule 550.2 (Dishonourable Acts) to add the following ACT delimited
text to the list of repeatably dishonourable acts
ACT
1 honour : Commiting a Sin
1 honour : Bribing players (not Tammany) on a proposal.
ACT

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:55:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3280

Proposal 3280
Removing useless wordage
JT (JT Traub)

I was young and foolish then, I feel old and foolish now.
This is a modest proposal.
Amend rule 854 (Ackanomic Institute of Genetic Replication) to remove the
following extraneous text which is delimited by EXTRAEXTRA.
EXTRAEXTRA
Other mutations may be developed in the future, and if they are, they
should be added to this rule.
EXTRAEXTRA

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:56:30 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3281

Proposal 3281
Out With The Old
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

{{[A proposal to get rid of some of the phrases used when the game was
young]}}

Amend rule 712 (Gaoler) to read in full:
"
(i) The Office of Gaoler is an optional political office with a Minimum
Term of Office of 6 Months.

(ii) The duties are :

a) To maintain a list of all players currently in the Gaol, and their
remaining sentence. 
b) To publicly post a description of the cell of any player in the Gaol. 

(iii) The Privileges are: 

a) To accept bribes from a player in the Gaol, providing said player has
agreed to the bribe. 
b) To release a player from the Gaol before their sentence is up. 

Upon announcing a bribe, the A$ is transferred from the player making
the bribe to the Gaoler, if and only if the player has sufficient A$. 

The Gaoler is not obligated to release a player from which they have
received a bribe. 
"

Amend Rule 837 (Nothing Important) to read in full:
"
The Ackanomic Afterlife is a Classy building and a common location near
the Senate. It is also a palace.

This palace magically heals all burns of players here, and the ashes of
players have been known to spontaneously "decombust" back into the
player when put there. 

A player may leave this palace whenever he or she wants.
"

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:57:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3282

Proposal 3282
Frankly
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

Amend Section xi of Rule 597 (The Frankenstein Monster(s))  which
currently reads:
"
xi) The Blueprint is hidden away and may never, ever be used again to
create another Monster. If the <name> Monster ever ceases to exist, its
Blueprint instantly crumbles into useless dust. 
"
to read:
"
xi) The Blueprint is hidden away and may never, ever be used again to
create another Monster. One week after the <name> Monster is created it
disintegrates and the Blueprint that created it is debunked.
"

{{[A certain player recently introduced a certain rule fragment into a
certain game's rules set. Not only will a certain proposal reduce the
potential for a certain player to commit a certain scam it will also
reduce a certain entities long term effects on a certain game while not
reducing its harfiness too much.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:58:20 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3283

Proposal 3283
Closed Shop
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal
Amend Rule 1240.16 (Otzma Card of type Skeleton Key) to remove the
following phrase :
", or another player,"

{{[Kinda undermines the Gaolers bribe privilege, e should be allowed to
operate a closed shop if e wants to...]}}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 06:59:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3284

Proposal 3284
SHF II
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

{{[The first change failed in Slakko's original True SHF proposal and
the second seems appropriate to link into the SHF web]}}

Amend Rule 620 (Chartreuse Goose) to replace the following phrase:
salaries are paid, 18 A$ shall be deducted
with
salaries are paid, The Standard Harfer Fee shall be deducted

Amend the following text of Rule 252 (Joining the Game) [Section II.3] :
"
3) The Registrar shall select a Mentor for the new player. If the player
provided a valid Sponsor, that Sponsor shall be the first choice of
Mentor for the new player if e is eligible as a Mentor. If the Mentor
was chosen from the mentor pool, e receives A$25 from the Treasury
immediately; otherwise, e receives A$25 if and when e accepts the
mentorship.
"
to read:
"
3) The Registrar shall select a Mentor for the new player. If the player
provided a valid Sponsor, that Sponsor shall be the first choice of
Mentor for the new player if e is eligible as a Mentor. If the Mentor
was chosen from the mentor pool, e receives The Standard Harfer Fee from
the Treasury immediately; otherwise, e receives The Standard Harfer Fee
if and when e accepts the mentorship.
"

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 07:00:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3285

Proposal 3285
Hat Attack
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

Amend Rule 666 (End of Cycle) to replace the following text [from
section b]:
Agenda Hats that are not being worn are destroyed.
with:
Agenda Hats that are not being worn, or who's condition is true, are
destroyed.
#End proposal

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 07:01:15 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3286

Proposal 3286
Goosie
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

Amend Rule 668 (Eggs and Fruit) to append the following to the first
paragraph:
Chartreuse Goose Eggs may be purchased by paying A$ 100 to the Treasury.
When a Player pays the required fee the Chartreuse Goose shall hand
deliver a Chartreuse Goose Egg to em and return to wherever it was.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 07:02:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3287

Proposal 3287
Justice for All.
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

{{[This proposal rearranges the First round Judge Selection rule.
Hopefully making it more clear. I've added the justice exclusion section
since they are already excluded by rule 417 - having all selection
criteria in one place will mean that a CotC or ACotC is less likely to
make a mistake. Additionally I've made the selection process slightly
more deterministic (I know its been attempted before), but its kind of
ridiculous to have nothing for months on end the suddenly three or four
at once - without the purple robe.]}}

Amend Rule 212 (Selecting A Judge) to read in full:
"
When a Player is to be selected to judge a CFJ the following steps are
performed in order to determine those Players who are eligible to judge
it:
i) All Active Players are eligible.
ii) All Players on the CFJ Ineligibility List are excluded.
ii) The author of the CFJ is excluded.
iii) If the CFJ is also a CFCJ the Player or Players named in its
statement are excluded.
iv) All Justices are excluded.
v) All Players who have declined to judge the CFJ are excluded, unless
this would reduce the number of eligible Players to 0.
vi) All Players who have already been assigned a CFJ and are yet decline
or return a verdict on it are excluded, unless this would reduce the
number of eligible Players to less than half the number of Active
Players.

When a CFJ is received by the Clerk of the Court, if no Active Players
are eligible to judge it, then the CFJ is deemed Invalid, and removed
from consideration, and no judge is selected. Otherwise, the Clerk of
the Court randomly selects a Player from those eligible to judge it.

The selected Judge may decline a particular appointment, as a public
action or by mailing the Clerk of the Courts, within 3 days of being
selected. In this case, a new Judge is selected as described above.

As a public action, an Acvtive Player may remove their name from the CFJ
Ineligibility List if it is on the List, or add their name to the List
if it is not there already.
"

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 07:03:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3288

Proposal 3288
I Should Be Allowed to Think
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

I was young and foolish then, I feel old and foolish now.

Repeal rule 1307, "Ackanomic Middle Ages".

{{/dev/joe's score is increased by 10 points. K 2's Score is reduced by
10 points.}}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 07:04:15 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3289

Proposal 3289
And Think I Will!
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

Repeal Rule 1307.1 (The Color Black)

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 07:05:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3290

Proposal 3290
I'll Do What I Like
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

Repeal Rule 1308 (Bracket/Smiley Pedantry)

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 07:06:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3291

Proposal 3291
And Do It Any Way I Like.
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal

Repeal Rule 1123 (snowgod's Disease)

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #104
*********************************