Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #98
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest        Monday, June 15 1998        Volume 03 : Number 098

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 06:19:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3228

Proposal 3228
Old Kamikazes Never Die... They Just, Well, Switch Sides
867-5309 (Eric Plumb)

In Rule 1230.16, "Creation of a PartyChessPiece Kamikaze", replace " is
destroyed immediately after it makes the capture." with ", immediately
after making the capture, is taken off-board and transferred to the
possession of the Swinger whose piece it just captured."

Retitle the same Rule to "Party Chess Piece Kamikaze".  [while I'm here]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 06:20:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3229

Proposal 3229
Expansionist Sentiments
867-5309 (Eric Plumb)

All buildings not described by any Rule nor owned by any one Player are
destroyed.  All kaas of land vacated by the above sentence revert to 
Common Land and become owned by the Treasury.

[ Cow Town, the Free Market, and R1IR#1 Headquarters (unless that, as I
seem to remember, was destroyed by an earlier Proposal) would be among the
buildings targeted herein, to make more room on the map. ]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 06:21:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3230

Proposal 3230
Casting That First Stone
867-5309 (Eric Plumb)

[ First, to fix my unfortunate mistake, ten lashes. ]

If the text "The Seven Deadly Sins" does not exist inside note (square) 
brackets in Rule 777, "The Seven Deadly Sins Rule Suite," append to the
end of that Rule the text "[ The Seven Deadly Sins ]".

If any Rules created by Rule 777, "The Seven Deadly Sins Rule Suite,"
exist outside of that Rule Suite, renumber each such Rule (starting
with the lowest-numbered one) to 777.X, where X is the lowest positive
integer which would make that Rule's number unique.

[ Second, to allow players to retract a Sinquisition... ten more ]

In Rule 777, "The Seven Deadly Sins Rule Suite," replace the text "a
Sinquisition is called." with "the player posting the Sin Submission is
deemed to have called a Sinquisition."

[ Now, given the recent discussion on the existence of the self-repealing
paragraph in the Happy number rule, it seems to be accepted custom that
two sequential sentences which apparently refer to the same antecedent,
event, or object do not necessarily do so.  (This was the discussion over
whether "it is possible for the Magic Number to become composite."  It is
possible, but is not possible for the _base_ MN.  The sentence before the
one in question clearly referred to the base Magic Number, but the result
of the discussion seemed to be that the second sentence did not, and
therefore, although the author obviously meant the base Magic Number,
intent was not enough.)

Where I'm going with the above inconsequentialities is that, given this
need for each sentence to state its objectives clearly and independently
of its neighbors, it could possibly be argued that the fifth paragraph
(lexically) of Rule 777 will create a new Rule for a submitted Sin
_whether or not_ the verdict of the Hearing came out in favor of that Sin.
While this would make a wonderful scam (Um... This is the Sin of, uh,
Sinning, Beavis.  Huh huh.  867-5309 gains a Winning Condition), I don't
particularly feel like exploiting it, and so am flushing it out in the
open and proposing to fix it. ]

In Rule 777, "The Seven Deadly Sins Rule Suite," insert the text "if the
verdict was "Right up there with Disrespecting the Harfers", " immediately
before the text "a new Rule is added to this Rule Suite".

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 06:22:11 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3231

Proposal 3231
Small moon change
JT (JT Traub)

{{[This fixes the typo I had in the previous incarnation of this
   (P3221). ]}}
This is a modest proposal.
Amend rule 1350 (La Luna) by replacing the following HALF_FULL delimited
text
HALF_FULL
A moon is considered to be "full" if all members of any Political Party is
on that moon. When a moon is full, no other players may move to that moon;
this takes precedence over any rule which may state otherwise.
HALF_FULL
with the following HOWL delimited text
HOWL
A moon is considered to be "full" if a number of members from any
Political Party equal to that Party's Active Size are on that Moon and
all of those players are active.  When a moon is full, no other players
may move to that moon;  this takes precedence over any rule which may
state otherwise.
HOWL

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #98
********************************