Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #96
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest        Monday, June 15 1998        Volume 03 : Number 096

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 20:46:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3217

Proposal 3217
Conditionals
saaremaa (Randy Hall)

{{[the rest of that really long proposal + conditionals.]}}

- -----

Amend rule 1319.1, "Flat Earth Preservation Society", to replace:

"
The first player to make such a contribution becomes Chairman of the
Flat Earth Preservation Society, and it is his duty to keep track of how
much money has been transferred to the Treasury on the Society's behalf. 
Should this player ever go on vacation or leave the game, the next 
player to contribute shall take over this title and duty.
"

with:

"
It is a duty of the Financier to keep track of how much money has been 
donated to the Treasury on behalf of the Society, and by whom. 
"

- -----

Amend rule 1320, "This is the way the world ends" to replace 
"active or vacationing player" with "player".

- -----

Amend rule 1230.2, "Swingers Like to Play Around II - Let's play" to
replace "on Vacation" with "inactive" where it appears [memo to 
myself: this clause, requiring the notification of inactive players,
who may not even be on the internet at the time, and certainly prolly 
do not care about acka chess, needs to be removed.]

- -----

Amend rule 1230.40, "Winning a Hand", to replace:

"current Swingers (excluding Swingers on Vacation)" with "active Swingers"
and then replace 
"(including Swingers on vacation)" with "[including inactive ones]",
and then replace
"(including those on vacation)" with "[including inactive ones]",

- -----

Amend Rule 1240.17, "Otzma Card of type Grave Robber" to replace the
third paragraph with this:

"
Otherwise, if e names any On Ice player (the target) in the same message, 
then the following will occur: If the target owns any tradeable entities
besides A$, then one of those entities, selected at random, is transferred 
to the player of the card. Otherwise, 10 A$, or all the target's A$ if the 
target does not have enough A$, shall be transferred to the player
of the card.
"

then replace all occurrences of the word "Undead" in the rule with "target".

- -----

Amend rule 1250.1, "Games and Contests", to replace, in section VI c)
"on Vacation" with "absent", and, in the same section, 
to replace "When the original Player returns from Vacation" with 
"If the original player returns"

then add the following new subsections to the end of section VI:

"
e) If the game has a referee, the referee may appoint another willing player 
not already involved in the game to play in eir place for any time that
e is absent. If the referee becomes absent without making such an
appointment, the Speaker may appoint a referee, otherwise the game is
suspended until the previous referee returns.  This paragraph defers
precedence to all other rules in this rule suite.

f) When a player leaves Ackanomic, they are deemed to have forfeited any
games they playing in.
"
 
- -----

Amend rule 1250.2. "Trophies", to remove:

"
(if said Trophy is haunted by an Undead, the Undead stops haunting it,
then the transfer occurs)
"

- -----

Amend rule 1250.9, "Ghost", to replace 
"goes on vacation, or leaves the game of Ackanomic" with "becomes absent".

- -----

Amend rule 1250.10, "Fictionary", to replace section V., subsection 1) with
this:

"
1) Inactive players are replaced by bots who perform the default 
actions in their stead (but the players receive all scoring
as a result of the bot's play). 
"

- -----

Amend rule 1250.11, "Tromino Go" to remove section 11 [absorbed into 1250.1]

- -----

Amend rule 1250.14, "Diplomacy", to replace "on vacation or leave the
game" with "absent".

- -----

Amend rule 1250.18, "Ye Olde Rusty Lantern" to replace:

"
When e goes on vacation, the tale is suspended until e returns. If e should
quit, the tale unceremoniously ends.
"

with:

" 
When e becomes inactive, the tale is suspended until e returns. If e should
quit Ackanomic, the tale unceremoniously ends.
"

- -----

Amend rule 1250.19, "Word un-association", to replace 
"If a player is on vacation and e fails" with
"If an inactive player fails"

- -----

Amend rule 1250.23, "Eleusis", to replace 
"leaves the game or goes on vacation" with "becomes absent",
and to replace
"leaves the game or vacations" with "becomes absent".

=============
[conditionals]
=============

- -----

[If proposal 3170 was accepted] 

Amend rule 550, "Honour System Rule Suite" to remove the strings 
"and undead" and "or undead's" and "or undead" and "or Undead"
where they appear.

- -----

[If proposal 3176 was accepted]

Amend rule 1258.18, "Ye Olde Rusty Lantern", to replace 
"on vacation from Ackanomic" with "inactive".

- -----

If proposal 3201 was not accepted, amend rule 107, 
"Quorum and Active Players" to replace it text with this:

"
If, at the time the results are posted, the number of players 
who voted on a proposal is equal to or greater than the number
of abstaining voting players less the number of voting players 
who have never voted,  the proposal meets quorum;
otherwise it does not meet quorum. 
"
;
then amend rule 207, "Scoring When A Proposal's [...]"

to replace "each active player who was not on vacation and abstained"
with "each voting player who abstained";
and then remove this: 

"
, with all the events in Rule 254 occurring as if the player
 voluntarily became non-voting
"

[both amendments to 207 are in section IV]

- -----

[If proposal 3211 was accepted]

Amend rule 950, "Ackanomic Sound System Rule Suite",
to replace "on Vacation or On Ice" with "absent"

- -----
[end]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 20:49:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3218

Proposal 3218
Monkey Business
saaremaa (Randy Hall)

This is a Modest proposal.

Create a new rule numbered 960 with the following text:

"
The Fat Lady is 29, not 36 years old as the ancients believed, 
but she has visited most of the in vogue empires, because
she's always on the run from her evil twin.
"

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 21:09:18 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3219

Proposal 3219
Winning Conditions Re-Rejig
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

This is a Modest Proposal.

[I. As suggested by Alfvaen.]

Amend Rule 600 by replacing the text "within the last week" with "during
the current Cycle".
[This eliminates the arbitrary one-week gap, while preventing people from
double-counting the same win.]

[II. Preventing another Double Counting]

Insert the following DBL-delimited text as a paragraph immediately prior
to the last paragraph of Rule 600:

DBL
A Cycle Win CFJ shall be judged INVALID if the Scorekeeper has judged its
author to have achieved a Winning Condition within the last 3 days, and
no-one has yet objected to the Scorekeeper's announcement.
DBL

[Otherwise people who have points wins would be able to win 2 cycles,
rather than just one.  Don't worry, by exposing this loophole I have
morally voided my right to use it.]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 21:10:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3220

Proposal 3220
Motto!
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

Create a Rule, numbered 1100, called "The Official Motto", with the
following MT-delimited text:

MT
The Official Motto of Ackanomic is "It happens".  Any player sending a
public message containing the text "it happens", in any case, has used the
official motto.  Only players holding authorised Offices may use the
official motto.  The list of authorised Offices is as follows:
Speaker, President, Web-Harfer, Promoter, Tabulator, Financier.
A player holding an authorised Office in an acting capacity may use the
official motto as if they were holding the authorised Office normally.
MT

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 21:11:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3221

Proposal 3221
Small moon change
JT (JT Traub)

This is a modest proposal.
Amend rule 1350 (La Luna) by replacing the following FULL_ONE delimited
text
HALF_FULL
A moon is considered to be "full" if all members of any Political Party is
on that moon. When a moon is full, no other players may move to that moon;
this takes precedence over any rule which may state otherwise.
HALF_FULL
with the following HOWL delimited text
HOWL
A moon is considered to be "full" if a number of members from any
Political Party equal to that Party's Active Size are on that Moon.
When a moon is full, no other players may move to that moon;  this takes
precedence over any rule which may state otherwise.
HOWL

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 21:12:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3222

Proposal 3222
Negative Capital Swingers?
JT (JT Traub)

This is a modest proposal.

{{[Maybe this isn't required, but the wording of the currently existing
text bothered me, and one could make an argument that it created a
negative number of capital swinger offices in the treasury (or could).
I also fix a typo I noticed while I was there.]}}

Amend rule 1040 (Party Hall), Section A 8 by replacing the following text
'This section precedence over section B 2 of this rule.' with 'This
section takes precedence over section B 2 of this rule.'

Amend rule 1040 (Party Hall), Section B, replacing the following NEGATIVE
delimited text
NEGATIVE
  The number of Capital Swinger offices that exist in the Treasury at any
  one time is 7 less the number of non-Warm Swinger Offices in Party Hall.
  If there is ever a different amount in the Treasury, Capital Swinger
  offices are created or destroyed in the Treasury so that the proper
  number exist there.
NEGATIVE
with the following POSITIVE delimited text
POSITIVE
  The number of Capital Swinger offices that exist in the Treasure at any
  one time is 7 less the number of non-Warm Swinger Offices in Party Hall.
  If this quantity is less than 0, then this quantity is 0.  If there is
  ever a different amount in the Treasury, Capital Swinger offices are
  created or destroyed in the Treasury so that the proper number exist
  there.
POSITIVE

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 21:15:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3221

On Sun, 14 Jun 1998, nomicbot wrote:
>Proposal 3221
>Small moon change
>JT (JT Traub)
>
>This is a modest proposal.
>Amend rule 1350 (La Luna) by replacing the following FULL_ONE delimited
                                                      ^^^^^^^^
>text
>HALF_FULL
 ^^^^^^^^^

Argh!!  Damn me for changing the delimiter halfway through typing.  I
suspect that this would cause the proposal to be null. Unless somehow the
delmiter can be taken as unambiguous?

Please let me know if it can be so that I can retract it if needed?

Thanks.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #96
********************************