Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #82
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest        Sunday, May 24 1998        Volume 03 : Number 082

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:20:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3144

Proposal 3144
Quality Merchandise
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

{{[Garments Part II. Gives some minor attributes to some of the
miscellaneous Garments. Hopefully I've managed to set it up so that the
effect will be the same regardless of the passage of Part I]}}

Append to the Rule titled "Quarantine" as a new paragraph the following
INSANE delimited text:
INSANE
Optionally, at the time a Player receives a Gingham Dress after a
capsize, e may purchase a pair of Army Boots for A$ 10. Army Boots
belong to a class of Garments known as Footwear. Army Boots may only be
worn while wearing a Gingham Dress. A player who ceases to wear a
Gingham Dress will also cease to wear any Army Boots e happens to be
wearing. A player who is wearing both Army Boots and a Gingham Dress is
said to be insane and will receive A$ 10 every time a proposal that is
authored by em is accepted and is either Foolish or contains the silly
phrase as defined by Rule 207.1 (That's just silly).
INSANE

If a rule titled "Red Light Specials" exists amend it in the following
three ways:
Append the SMART delimited text to section ii).
SMART
A Player who is wearing a pair of Dress Pants is said to be well dressed
and will receive an additional point as a result of a parade.
SMART

Append the HERALD delimited text to section iii)
HERALD
The score of a Player who is wearing a Surcoat is said to be displaying
eir colours and eir score will change by an additional two points at the
conclusion of a duel or if e was a second by an additional point.
HERALD

Replace the text in section v) with the following WOOLLY delimited text.

WOOLLY
Wool Sweaters belong to a class of Garment known as Tops. They are
created by the Orkatass Lamb Products Company when purchased. A player
who is in possession of the Little Lamb may purchase single Wool Sweater
from the Treasury for A$ 10, provided that e has not previously done so
since e last took possession of the little lamb. A Player who is wearing
a Prosthetic Foreheads may not put on or remove a Wool Sweater, because
Wool Sweaters will not fit over Prosthetic Foreheads. A Player who is
wearing a Wool Sweater has twice the chance of finding either the Great
Oars or Raft of Ackanomic. When a Player who owns any Wool Sweaters
finds the Great Oars or the Great Raft of Ackanomic, one of em will get
wet, shrink and be destroyed.
WOOLLY

In the event a rule titled "Red Light Specials" does not exist perform
the following three amendments:
Amend Rule 929 (Baaa) to replace the final paragraph with the above
WOOLLY delimited text.
Amend Rule 975 (Yes Virginia) to append the above SMART delimited text
to the second last paragraph.
Amend Rule 1160 (Heraldry) to append the above HERALD delimited text to
the final paragraph.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 16:03:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Retracta

I retract Proposal 3124.
There's a misprint in it.
I'm not talking about frinked.
Although that will also be fixed.
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President, Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 22:36:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 3133

> And yes, I did get two copies sent to nomicbot, in addition to the one
> sent to the public forum.

Oh, wait a minute.

*cough*

No I didn't.

I'm still not sure how that happened (though I have a few theories),
but I somehow managed to process one of your emails twice. My archives
clearly show, however, only two copies of the submission, one sent to
nomicbot and one sent to the public forum.

I humbly announce to all and sundry, that, due to an (undoubtedly
boneheaded) error on the part of the Promoter, there is no Proposal
3133, and anything that was sent out that looked like such was a
misguided fabrication. The management apologies for any resulting
inconveniences.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 22:58:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3145

Proposal 3145
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Succession Scheme
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

This is a Modest Proposal.

[The problems with the Frankenstein Monster's creation last time have
indicated that the line of succession for Mad Scientists is no longer
clear cut.  Depending on the result of the current CFJ on the issue, it
could be that else...if is stuck as Mad Scientist for ever.  A simple
change will fix that.]

Amend Rule 596, "The Mad Scientist", by replacing the second paragraph
with the SUCCEED-delimited text below:

SUCCEED
This Office can only be filled or transferred as follows: If the seat is
vacant, it is filled by the last Player to provide any Mad Scientist with
a valid part for a Frankenstein Monster. If it is impossible or illegal
for that player to become Mad Scientist [the player is already a "real"
scientist, or all qualifying players have left], then the seat shall be
filled by Election for Office. 
SUCCEED

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 22:59:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3146

Proposal 3146
Fresh From The Fruit to You
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

Create a new Rule, numbered 860, titled "Ackanomic Juice Packaging Plant",
with the following DOLE-delimited text:

DOLE
The Ackanomic Juice Packaging Plant (or AJPP) is a small building and a
Common Location.  The Plant is responsible for the manufacturing of all
available Fruit Juices.  Fruit Juices are Beverages, and the only types of
Fruit Juices are Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice (or RHGJ) and Jade
Grapefruit Juice (or JGJ).

Any player with a Right-Handed Grapefruit may sell RHGJ to the AJPP,
provided they have not already sold RHGJ to the AJPP in the current
calendar week.  A player selling RHGJ to the AJPP loses the RHGJ, and
gains A$10.

Any player with a Jade Grapefruit may sell it to the AJPP.  The
Jade Grapefruit is destroyed, and the player who sold it to the AJPP
receives A$20 and a Jade Grapefruit Juice (or JGJ).
DOLE

Create a new Rule, numbered 940, entitled "Food and Frink", with the
following CONSUME-delimited text.

CONSUME
Foodstuffs are a class of gift entities.  Beverages are a class of gift
entities.  Foodstuffs and Beverages may only be created and destroyed as
specified by the rules.
A player may always eat a Foodstuff they possess, destroying it.  They may
also frink a Beverage they possess, destroying it.  Players may also frink
Foodstuffs, provided the Foodstuffs frunk are types of Lemur.
CONSUME

[*frink* *frink*]

Amend Rule 668, "Eggs and Fruit", by changing the last sentence to read as
quoted: "A player who owns a Right-Handed Grapefruit may at any time make
Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice, which is a Fruit Juice and
therefore a Beverage."

[Changes: Frinked becomes Frunk - are ya happy Alfvaen?
 One little typo corrected earlier as well.]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 23:00:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3147

Proposal 3147
Upon Reflection
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

This is a Modest proposal.

In Rule 207 replace (n+2-p) with (n-p).

{{[ As it is, BAA! voting is almost no-risk... ]}}

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #82
********************************