Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #81
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest        Sunday, May 24 1998        Volume 03 : Number 081

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 10:47:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3068 accepted

Results of Proposal 3068

19/25 votes: Quorum achieved
16/19 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
K 2                  (MetaMorph)
Astro
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
Wild Card            (SPAM)
JT                   (Boomerangs)
ThinMan              (Vulcan)
Attila the Pun
Slakko               (SPAM)
Ayla
breadbox
IdiotBoy
J. M. Bear           (MetaMorph)
Vulcan Unity Vote

    NO:
else...if            (Klingon)
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
Hubert               (Boomerangs)

    PRESENT:
saaremaa

    BAA!:

    ABSTAINED:
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
rufus                (SPAM)
Koxvolio             (Harf)
Joe Java             (Boomerangs)
Pandora              (MetaMorph)

    VACATIONING:
Guy Fawkes

    PENDING:
two-star
Fortunato
Tom Kitten

> Proposal 3068 - Sat 16 May 1998 19:14 EDT
> If anybody can take advantage of this within a week, go ahead.
> /dev/joe (Joseph DeVincentis)
> 
> Amend Rule 506, "Trinkets" as follows:
> 
> 1. Amend the following sentence [1st sentence, next-to-last paragraph]: "A
> player-created Trinket, whose name contains the name of a current or former
> player other than that of the creating player, such that the player name in
> question existed before the Trinket was created, is a forgery."
> 
> by inserting "and which has not been owned at some time by each player
> whose name it contains, " before "is a forgery."
> 
> 2. Change the sentence: "Upon it becoming publically knowable that a
> Trinket is a forgery, it is transferred to the Treasury, unless the player
> name contained in its name is that of a currently active player, in which
> case it is transferred to that player."
> 
> to: "Upon it becoming publically knowable that a Trinket is a forgery, it
> is transferred to the Treasury, unless it contains the name of exactly one
> current player and no former players, in which case it is transferred to
> that player."

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 10:48:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3070 accepted

Results of Proposal 3070

19/25 votes: Quorum achieved
13/18 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
else...if            (Klingon)
Wild Card            (SPAM)
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
Attila the Pun
Slakko               (SPAM)
Ayla
IdiotBoy
J. M. Bear           (MetaMorph)
Klingon Unity Vote

    NO:
K 2                  (MetaMorph)
JT                   (Boomerangs)
saaremaa
Hubert               (Boomerangs)
breadbox

    PRESENT:
Astro

    BAA!:
ThinMan              (Vulcan)

    ABSTAINED:
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
rufus                (SPAM)
Koxvolio             (Harf)
Joe Java             (Boomerangs)
Pandora              (MetaMorph)

    VACATIONING:
Guy Fawkes

    PENDING:
two-star
Fortunato
Tom Kitten

> Proposal 3070 - Sat 16 May 1998 19:16 EDT
> Just in Case
> The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)
> 
> This is a modest proposal.
> 
> Modify rule 406 (Promoter) by replacing the following text:
> 
> "The Privileges of the Promoter are:
> 
> a) To frob or tweak the proposal queue, as a public action. The proposal
> queue remains in whichever state (frobbed or tweaked) it was last set to.
> 
> b) To ignore any proposal submission by a player who already has three or
> more proposals that are currently being voted on (i.e., in the voting
> queue). This Privilege may only be exercised when the voting queue is
> frobbed. [Furthermore, the Promoter shall only use this power for good, and
> never for evil.] "
> 
> with the text:
> 
> "The Privileges of the Promoter are:
> 
> a) To frob or tweak the proposal queue, as a public action. The proposal
> queue remains in whichever state (frobbed or tweaked) it was last set to.
> 
> b) To ignore any proposal submission by a player who already has three or
> more proposals that are currently being voted on (i.e., in the voting
> queue). This Privilege may only be exercised when the voting queue is
> frobbed. [Furthermore, the Promoter shall only use this power for good, and
> never for evil.]
> 
> These two privileges may be exercised even by an acting Promoter."
> 
> Also, in rule 401 (Offices, Commonalities) by replacing the following text:
> 
> "In such a case, the Player is responsible for performing all of the Duties
> without receiving any of the Privileges of the Office, except for
> Privileges which are also explicitly defined to be Duties by the rules, or
> Privileges required to perform explicitly defined Duties, or Privileges of
> the office when the Acting officer is filling in for a vacationing player."
> 
> with the text:
> 
> "In such a case, the Player is responsible for performing all of the Duties
> without receiving any of the Privileges of the Office, except for
> Privileges which are also explicitly defined to be Duties by the rules, or
> Privileges required to perform explicitly defined Duties, or Privileges of
> the office when the Acting officer is filling in for a vacationing player,
> or the Privilege is explicitly stated to be available to an Acting
> Officer."
> 
> [Anyone else realised that they could get round a frobbed voting queue by
> filing an impeachment paper against the Promoter? Whilst I'm sure the
> offending player would get slammed for being Annoying I don't think it
> ought even to be possible.]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 10:49:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3071 rejected

Results of Proposal 3071

19/25 votes: Quorum achieved
8/18 YES votes: Proposal rejected

    YES:
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
Astro
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
else...if            (Klingon)
Wild Card            (SPAM)
Attila the Pun
Klingon Unity Vote

    NO:
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
K 2                  (MetaMorph)
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
JT                   (Boomerangs)
saaremaa
Slakko               (SPAM)
Ayla
Hubert               (Boomerangs)
breadbox
IdiotBoy

    PRESENT:
ThinMan              (Vulcan)

    BAA!:
J. M. Bear           (MetaMorph)

    ABSTAINED:
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
rufus                (SPAM)
Koxvolio             (Harf)
Joe Java             (Boomerangs)
Pandora              (MetaMorph)

    VACATIONING:
Guy Fawkes

    PENDING:
two-star
Fortunato
Tom Kitten

> Proposal 3071 - Sat 16 May 1998 19:17 EDT
> Coming home
> The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)
> 
> This is a modest proposal.
> 
> Modify rule 255 (Vacationing) by replacing the text:
> 
> "The only thing a player on vacation may legally do is take himself off
> vacation and send public messages. A player shall take himself off vacation
> by declaring to the public forum that he is back from his vacation. As soon
> as the player makes this public declaration, he returns to the player state
> besides Vacation he most recently had.. The one exception is that a player
> who has been on vacation less than 2 days may not take themselves off
> vacation. "
> 
> with the text:
> 
> "The only thing a player on vacation may legally do is take himself off
> vacation and send public messages. A player shall take himself off vacation
> by declaring to the public forum that he is back from his vacation. As soon
> as the player makes this public declaration, he returns to the player state
> besides Vacation he most recently had.. The one exception is that a player
> who has been on vacation less than 2 days may not take themselves off
> vacation unless they were placed on vacation involuntarily, in which case
> they may remove themself from vacation at any time."

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 10:50:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3072 accepted

Results of Proposal 3072

19/25 votes: Quorum achieved
12/18 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
Astro
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
else...if            (Klingon)
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
Attila the Pun
Ayla
IdiotBoy
J. M. Bear           (MetaMorph)
Klingon Unity Vote

    NO:
K 2                  (MetaMorph)
JT                   (Boomerangs)
saaremaa
Slakko               (SPAM)
Hubert               (Boomerangs)
breadbox

    PRESENT:

    BAA!:
Wild Card            (SPAM)
ThinMan              (Vulcan)

    ABSTAINED:
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
rufus                (SPAM)
Koxvolio             (Harf)
Joe Java             (Boomerangs)
Pandora              (MetaMorph)

    VACATIONING:
Guy Fawkes

    PENDING:
two-star
Fortunato
Tom Kitten

> Proposal 3072 - Sat 16 May 1998 19:18 EDT
> A Kind of Magic
> The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)
> 
> This is a modest proposal.
> 
> Modify rule 343 (Spellbooks) by replacing the text:
> 
> "Some Offices may include possession of Shimmering Spellbooks among their
> privileges; in this case, if ever the holder of such an Office does not
> possess a Shimmering Spellbook, one is created in eir possession. "
> 
> with the text:
> 
> "Some Offices may include possession of Shimmering Spellbooks among their
> privileges; in this case, if ever the holder of such an Office does not
> possess a Shimmering Spellbook, one is created in eir possession. If ever a
> player leaves such an office through any means then their Shimmering
> Spellbook is destroyed and a Dull Spellbook is created in their
> possession."
> 
> Also, in the same rule, replace:
> 
> " Both are nontradeable"
> 
> with:
> 
> " Both are nontradeable entities"
> 
> [May as well whilst I'm here. You can never be too safe with explicit
> entityhood]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 10:50:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3073 rejected

Results of Proposal 3073

18/25 votes: Quorum achieved
8/17 YES votes: Proposal rejected

    YES:
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
Wild Card            (SPAM)
JT                   (Boomerangs)
Attila the Pun
saaremaa
Slakko               (SPAM)
Ayla
J. M. Bear           (MetaMorph)

    NO:
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
K 2                  (MetaMorph)
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
else...if            (Klingon)
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
Hubert               (Boomerangs)
breadbox
IdiotBoy

    PRESENT:

    BAA!:
ThinMan              (Vulcan)

    ABSTAINED:
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
rufus                (SPAM)
Koxvolio             (Harf)
Joe Java             (Boomerangs)
Pandora              (MetaMorph)
Astro

    VACATIONING:
Guy Fawkes

    PENDING:
two-star
Fortunato
Tom Kitten

> Proposal 3073 - Sat 16 May 1998 19:19 EDT
> Lamb Chops
> Slakko (Duncan Richer)
> 
> This is a Modest Proposal.
> 
> Append the following SAVE-delimited text to Rule 931:
> 
> SAVE
> Wool Sweaters are Tradeable, Mimsy Garments. A player wearing a Prosthetic
> Forehead may not put on (i.e. start wearing) or take off (i.e. cease
> wearing) any Wool Sweater they may own.
> SAVE
> 
> Repeal Rule 929, "Baaa".
> 
> [I will put the Lamb into the Harfonian at a later date. Currently its
> effects are minimal, only affecting the Magic Potato. I'm saving the
> garments - they have yet to have any use, but someone might come up with
> something later.]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 10:51:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3075 accepted

Results of Proposal 3075

19/25 votes: Quorum achieved
12/17 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
Wild Card            (SPAM)
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
JT                   (Boomerangs)
Attila the Pun
Slakko               (SPAM)
Ayla
Hubert               (Boomerangs)
J. M. Bear           (MetaMorph)

    NO:
K 2                  (MetaMorph)
else...if            (Klingon)
saaremaa
breadbox
IdiotBoy

    PRESENT:
Astro

    BAA!:
ThinMan              (Vulcan)

    ABSTAINED:
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
rufus                (SPAM)
Koxvolio             (Harf)
Joe Java             (Boomerangs)
Pandora              (MetaMorph)

    VACATIONING:
Guy Fawkes

    PENDING:
two-star
Fortunato
Tom Kitten

> Proposal 3075 - Sat 16 May 1998 19:21 EDT
> One Coat of Arms is Enough
> Slakko (Duncan Richer)
> 
> This is a Modest Proposal.
> 
> Amend Rule 1160 by replacing the following LOOP-delimited text:
> 
> LOOP
> If the response is "The flower of Knighthood would be proud to be
> caparisoned thusly!", then the Coat of Arms is made the official Ackanomic
> Coat of Arms. If the response is "I'd rather see 'Or, a gorges Purpure!'",
> then the Coat of Arms is rejected. (If the blazon of the Coat of Arms is
> actually "Or, a gorges Purpure", then the Coat of Arms is assumed to be
> rejected without need for Hearing.)
> LOOP
> 
> with the following ONCEONLY-delimited text:
> 
> ONCEONLY
> If the response is "The flower of Knighthood would be proud to be
> caparisoned thusly!", then the Coat of Arms is made the official Ackanomic
> Coat of Arms, the text "The Ackanomic Coat of Arms is: " shall be appended
> to this rule, the blazon of the official Ackanomic Coat of Arms shall be
> appended to this rule, and then this paragraph and the preceding paragraph
> of this rule shall be repealed.
> ONCEONLY
> 
> [Once we have a Coat of Arms, there's no need to keep submitting designs
> for them. The Coat of Arms can be recorded in the ruleset, and the
> mechanism by which it was adopted can be removed.]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 10:59:24 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3124

Proposal 3124
Fresh From The Fruit to You
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

Create a new Rule, numbered 860, titled "Ackanomic Juice Packaging Plant",
with the following DOLE-delimited text:

DOLE
The Ackanomic Juice Packaging Plant (or AJPP) is a small building and a
Common Location.  The Plant is responsible for the manufacturing of all
available Fruit Juices.  Fruit Juices are Beverages, and the only types of
Fruit Juices are Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice (or RHGJ) and Jade
Grapefruit Juice (or JGJ).

Any player with a Right-Handed Grapefruit may sell RHGJ to the AJPP,
provided they have not already sold RHGJ to the AJPP in the current
calendar week.  A player selling RHGJ to the AJPP loses the AJPP, and
gains A$10.

Any player with a Jade Grapefruit may sell it to the AJPP.  The
Jade Grapefruit is destroyed, and the player who sold it to the AJPP
receives A$20 and a Jade Grapefruit Juice (or JGJ).
DOLE

Create a new Rule, numbered 940, entitled "Food and Frink", with the
following CONSUME-delimited text.

CONSUME
Foodstuffs are a class of gift entities.  Beverages are a class of gift
entities.  Foodstuffs and Beverages may only be created and destroyed as
specified by the rules.
A player may always eat a Foodstuff they possess, destroying it.  They may
also frink a Beverage they possess, destroying it.  Players may also frink
Foodstuffs, provided the Foodstuffs frinked are types of Lemur.
CONSUME

[*frink* *frink*]

Amend Rule 668, "Eggs and Fruit", by changing the last sentence to read as
quoted: "A player who owns a Right-Handed Grapefruit may at any time make
Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice, which is a Fruit Juice and
therefore a Beverage."

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:00:18 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3125

Proposal 3125
Things can only get better
The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)

Create a new rule numbered 440 [look, I remembered to number it!] titled
"Campaign Promises" and reading as follows:

"Any time between the start of a nomination period for a political office and
the results of the election for the same office being announced is known as
the campaign period. During the campaign period for an office any player may
publicly announce what they plan to do if they get into the office [for
example a would be president claiming e will build a bomb shelter, or a would
be herald promising to put up a web page containing visual representations of
all the players' arms]. If this player then gets elected to the position and
fails to fulfill these promises then the chartreuse goose is transferred to
the officer. If the player already has the goose then e is immediately
removed from the relevant office. This rule may only be applied once with
reference to each campaign promise [so if a player breaks two campaign
promises then e will get the goose and be removed from office]."

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:01:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3126

Proposal 3126
dull name
The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)

This is a modest proposal.

Repeal rules 921 and 923 (acid rain dance and amber banana). [I can only
recall this ever being used once.]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:02:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3127

Proposal 3127 - Sun 24 May 1998 11:02 EDT
Yawn
The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)
Due: Sun 31 May 1998 11:02 EDT

This is a modest proposal. Append the following text to the end of rule
1250.6 (Description of an Eleusis Deck): " Red and blue may be grouped
together as sky colours, and black and green as earth colours."

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:03:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3128

Proposal 3128
No more cheap locusts
The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)

This is a modest proposal

Modify rule 1230.42 (Creation of a PartyChessPiece Locust) to read in full:

"A Locust is a piece with a Material Value of the smaller of 

a) 6, or 
b) 1.5*N rounded down, where N is the number of on-board Locust pieces. 

However, for the purpose of purchasing the piece the material value is never
considered less than three.

A Locust is depicted by the ASCII character '&'. 

A Locust may move up to N/2 squares, rounded up, in any horizontal, vertical,
or diagonal direction, and then up to N/2 squares, rounded down, in a
direction perpendicular to that of the first move, where N is the number of
on-board Locust pieces. A Locust may not skip over pieces in its path, and
must make both halves of its move in order to move at all. "

[Currently:

"A Locust is a piece with a Material Value of the smaller of 

a) 6, or 
b) 1.5*N rounded down, where N is the number of on-board Locust pieces. 

A Locust is depicted by the ASCII character '&'. 

A Locust may move up to N/2 squares, rounded up, in any horizontal, vertical,
or diagonal direction, and then N/2 squares, rounded down, in a direction
perpendicular to that of the first move, where N is the number of on-board
Locust pieces. A Locust may not skip over pieces in its path, and must make
both halves of its move in order to move at all. "]

Also, rename the rule "PartyChessPiece Locust" and renumber it to 1230.24.

Renumber rule 1230.41 (Party Chess Piece Guard) to 1230.25 [whilst I'm at
it].

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:04:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3129

Proposal 3129
Ambassador Changes
The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)

Modify rule 419.1 (Ambassador) to read in full:

"There exists the functional office of Ambassador which has one seat.

The duties of the office are to keep in touch with what is happening in other
nomics, namely:

1) Providing information about Ackanomic to people holding similar posts in
other Nomics.
2) Requesting similar information about any other nomic at any player's
request.
3) Acting as Ackanomic's liaison to Internomic and performing all the duties
of the liaison as specified in rule 419.2 (Internomic Interface). If such a
thing exists the Ambassador must be subscribed to the Internomic mailing list
[currently [email-masked]]
4) Providing general information about Internomic to any player requesting it
(such as how to subscribe to the mailing list, or what the web site URL is),
and generally keeping all players up to date on things such as Internomic
proposals.

The privileges of the office are:

1) To send an Internomic Proposal to the Spelling Exchequer if e believes it
contains any spelling mistakes.
2) To receive the standard salary for a functional office."

Modify rule 419.3 by replacing "Ambassador" with "Liaison to Internomic
(usually the Ambassador)".

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:05:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3130

Proposal 3130 - Sun 24 May 1998 11:05 EDT
Who won the fued?
JT (JT Traub)
Due: Sun 31 May 1998 11:05 EDT

This is a modest proposal. Amend rule 1216 (Feuds), section 4, sentance 1
by inserting the word 'more' between 'won' and 'Duels' in the phrase 'have
won Duels than'. {{[ This could possibly have been done by CSR, but I don't
have the right to issue them ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:06:06 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3131

Proposal 3131
Oldest repeal in the book
JT (JT Traub)

This is a modest proposal.
{{[Alfvaen's current attempt to provide meaning to this rule
not-withstanding, I think this rule is just useless clutter in the ruleset
and thus would like to see it go away. ]}}

Repeal rule 42.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:07:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3132

Proposal 3132
Oldest repeal in the book
JT (JT Traub)

This is a modest proposal.
{{[Alfvaen's current attempt to provide meaning to this rule
not-withstanding, I think this rule is just useless clutter in the ruleset
and thus would like to see it go away. ]}}

Repeal rule 42.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:08:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3133

Proposal 3133
Oldest repeal in the book
JT (JT Traub)

This is a modest proposal.
{{[Alfvaen's current attempt to provide meaning to this rule
not-withstanding, I think this rule is just useless clutter in the ruleset
and thus would like to see it go away. ]}}

Repeal rule 42.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:09:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3134

Proposal 3134
Slaying weasels
JT (JT Traub)

In Rule 205 (When Score Changes Take Effect), Section 1 (Score Changes
Managed by Officers), part c, replace the sentance 'They must do so in
a timely manner.' by the words 'They must do so within 3 days.'

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:10:18 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3135

Proposal 3135
Slaying weasels
JT (JT Traub)

This is a Modest proposal.
In Rule 205 (When Score Changes Take Effect), Section 1 (Score Changes
Managed by Officers), part c, replace the sentance 'They must do so in
a timely manner.' by the words 'They must do so within 3 days.'

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:11:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3136

Proposal 3136
Arms Reduction
Koxvolio (Ian Koxvold)

(([The introduction of so many, and such powerful, new special moves
suggests that they need to be limitedm against accidental and intended
abuse - imagine the Kamikaze special move without the word positive - it
would automatically checkmate everyone...]))

In Rule 1230.2 Part 6 ("Swingers like to play around II"), replace the
following TOOEASY-delimited text with the MORELIKEIT-delimited text.

TOOEASY
D. Special - The Swinger spends one Benefyt and performs the Special Move
for one of eir on-board pieces as defined by the PartyChessPieceDef rule
defining that piece. This Atomic Play cannot be used by a swinger who owns
no Benefyts.
TOOEASY

MORELIKEIT
D. Special - The Swinger spends one Benefyt and performs the Special Move
for one of eir on-board pieces as defined by the PartyChessPieceDef rule
defining that piece. This Atomic Play cannot be used by a swinger who owns
no Benefyts, nor can it be used to attack or capture a King.
MORELIKEIT

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:12:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3137

Proposal 3137
Removing a vestige of PFBonds
JT (JT Traub)

This is a modest proposal.
Amend Rule 508 by removing the final paragraph.
{{[The paragraph in question reads:
The first Fortnightly Dividend shall be calculated two weeks after the end
of the last PF Bond cycle, at which point this sentence shall be removed
from the rule.
]}}
{{[This paragraph seems irrelevant to the current rules and for some
reason was never removed, but PF Bonds were ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:13:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3138

Proposal 3138
A Really Funny Name so it be accepted and give me a winning condition.
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

{{Add the phrase "cargo bay doors" to the Ackanomic Lexicon.}}

{{Reduce the minimum haircut length by an eight of an inch.}}

{{[Give K 2 a Winning Condition]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:15:06 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3139

Proposal 3139
Surfs Up
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

Amend Rule 250 (Registered Players) to replace:
Players are named, unownable entities.
with:
Players are named, tradeable entities.

{{All Players own themselves}}

Amend Rule 252 (Joining the Game) in the following two ways:
Append to the sentence:
Upon the posting of such an announcement, the person becomes registered
as a player.
the following:
and shall own emself.

Append to the sentence:
The Undead with that player's Ackanomic name changes from an Undead to a
player.
the following:
and shall own emself.

Amend Rule 256 (Leaving the Game) in the following two ways:
Insert between item 6 and 7:
6) If the Player is not owned by emself, e shall involuntarily transfer
sufficient A$, trinkets and Gadgets with a total Market Value equal to
10% more than the eir Market Value to eir owner, avoiding debt if
possible.

Renumber the items appropriately.

Amend Rule 510 (Voluntary Debt Prohibited) to insert as the second
paragraph:
Should a player who owns emself ever go into debt they shall immediately
put emself up for private auction. The proceeds of the auction shall be
transferred to the Player who was auctioned. If no qualified bids were
made, then the treasury shall transfer to the player the minimum of
A$100 and the absolute value of eir debt and the player shall then be
owned by the treasury.

Amend the following sentence of section IV (Donation Value) of  Rule 850
(Museum):
Objects on display are valued by the Museum as follows:
to read:
Objects on display are valued by the Museum according to eir Market
Value which is calculated as follows:

Create a Rule numbered 517 titled "Serfdom" with the following (SURFSUP
delimited) text:
SURFSUP
For the purposes of this Rule any Player who owns a Player other than
emself shall be referred to as a Master while the Player who is owned by
a Master shall be referred to as a serf.

1. Duties and Obligations of a serf.
i) A serf is respectful. A serf shall refer to eir Master as either
Master, M'Lord or Most Harfy One, or alternately by a title specified by
eir Master. It is the Crime of Disrespect for a serf to address or refer
to eir master in any other manner.
ii) A serf is considerate. A serf may not challenge eir Master to a duel
nor be a second to a Player who has. Nor may they call a hearing of any
type against eir Master.
iii) A serf is compliant. All trinkets and Ackadollars given to a serf,
by other Players, or from buried Treasure or Fortnightly Dividends,
shall be taxed by eir Master at a rate of 10%. This amount is
transferred from the serf to the Master.
iv) A serf is helpless. If a serf feels they have been unfairly treated
by any Player other than eir Master they may complain publicly about em.
If it is legal for the Master to challenge the offending Player to a
duel e must do so, if e does not e shall lose 6 points and eir serf
shall gain 6 points. This Privilege may be exercised at most once per
month.

2. Rights and Responsibilities of a Master.
i) A Master is Generous. Once a month when officer salaries are paid
each Master shall transfer the Standard Harfer Fee to each of eir serfs
for the all of the serfy things they did that month.
ii) A Master is Wise. Four times per calendar month a Master may command
eir serf (if e is a voting Player) to perform a particular voting action
on a proposal by privately mailing both the Tabulator and eir serf of
the required voting strategy. Provided that the serf was not the author
of that proposal, the serf shall perform the required voting action on
the selected proposal. A serf cannot be required to be a part of a
political party that gets a unity vote. Any entities required to perform
the voting action must be supplied by the Master. Additionally, the
Master shall transfer the Standard Harfer fee to eir serf the first time
this privilege is exercised in each calendar month.

The Market Value of a Player is considered to be equivalent to the
smallest total Market Value of the entities that have been exchanged for
the player during any particular trade that occurred since e last owned
emself. However if a Player owns emself, eir Market Value shall be A$ 0.
A Player may buy emself out of serfdom by paying 10% more than eir
Market Value to eir Master if they have not owned emself during the
pervious 30 days.

While an entity may own a Player it shall not be considered to own the
Player's possessions.
SURFSUP

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:16:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3140

Proposal 3140
Myers Stock-take
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

{{[Part I: Creating a Garment Rule Suite]}}

{{[The Head]}}

Amend Rule 931 (Garments, Especially Hats) to read in full
(HEADOFTHEDESPICABLEONE delimited):
HEADOFTHEDESPICABLEONE
A class of entity known as a Garment exists. Only those entities
explicitly designated by the rules as Garments are Garments. Garments
are tradeable, unless the rules for a particular Garment specify
otherwise.

The owner of a particular garment may as a public action, don that
garment if he is currently not wearing that garment, or remove it if he
is currently wearing it. The location of a garment that is being worn is
the same as that of its wearer. If an entity ceases to
be in possession of a garment it shall no longer be considered to be
wearing that garment.

The rules may state that a Garment is of a particular class of Garment.
Only one of each class of garment may be worn by a particular entity at
any one time. If the rules fail to specify a class for a particular
garment then it shall be of no class and any number of that garment may
be worn. This rule defers to any rule describing the the number garments
an entity may wear.

[Rule defined Garments and their properties may be found by following
this link]
HEADOFTHEDESPICABLEONE

Rename Rule 931 (Garments, Especially Hats) to "Garment Rule Suite"

{{[Miscellaneous Garment Collection Service]}}

Replace the final two paragraphs of Rule 929 (Baaa) with:
But while a player possesses the Little Lamb, e has three times the
normal probability of receiving the Magic Potato.

Remove the following sentence from Rule 975 (Yes Virginia):
Pairs of dress pants are Garments.

Remove the following paragraph from Rule 1160 (Heraldry):
Coats of Arms are not Garments, but for A$10 a player with a Coat of
Arms may purchase a Surcoat bearing their Coat of Arms. Surcoats are
Garments.

Amend Rule 1230.40 (Winning a Hand) to replace section a) with:
a) The ChessChamp receives a ChessChamp's Cardigan. If e already has a
ChessChamp's Cardigan, then it instead instantly transforms into a
Tarnished Badge of Gluery. The ChessChamp additionally receives 10
Swingpoints.

{{[Miscellaneous Garments]}}

Create a new rule as part of the Garment Rule Suite [931.1] titled "Red
Light Specials" (ONSPECIAL delimited):
ONSPECIAL
i) Hats belong to a class of Garment known as Headwear.
ii) Pairs of dress pants belong to a class of Garment known as Bottoms.
iii) Surcoats belong to a class of Garment known as Tops. A Player with
a Coat of Arms may purchase a Surcoat bearing their Coat of Arms for A$
10.
iv) ChessChamp's Cardigan belong to a class of Garment known as Tops.
Tarnished Badges of Gluery are Garments.
v) Wool Sweaters belong to a class of Garment known as Tops. They are
created by the Orkatass Lamb Products Company when purchased. A player
who is in possession of the Little Lamb may purchase a Wool Sweater from
the Treasury for A$ 10. A Player who is wearing a Prosthetic Foreheads
may not put on or remove a Wool Sweater, because Wool Sweaters will not
fit over Prosthetic Foreheads.
ONSPECIAL

{{[Champion's Cloaks and Badges of Glory]}}

Amend Rule 669 (Marks of the Champion) to read in full (WEARTHECHAMPIONS
delimited):
WEARTHECHAMPIONS
Champion's Cloaks and Badges of Glory are nontradeable Garments.
Champion's Cloaks belong to a class of Garment known as Cloak. A
Champion's Cloak is a regal garment of the colour(s) and design of its
owner's choice, while Badges of Glory are elaborate medals of various
designs. [It is customary, though not required, for the owner of either
of these entities to describe it within 3 days of acquiring it.] A
player may request to be called, "Exalted One," or the honorific of his
choice while he wears any of these objects. It is not necessary to
honour such requests.
WEARTHECHAMPIONS

Renumber Rule 669 (Marks of the Champion) to 931.2 [part of the Garment
Rule Suite].

{{[Agenda Hats - Nemesis Eggplants (they'd be orphaned otherwise)]}}

Replace the following sentence in Rule 671 (Nemesis Eggplants and Agenda
Hats):
Agenda Hats are ownable Headwear.
with:
Agenda Hats belong to a class of Garment known as Headwear.

Renumber Rule 671 (Nemesis Eggplants and Agenda Hats) to 931.3 [part of
the Garment Rule Suite].

{{[Purple Robe of Justice.]}}

Replace the following sentence in Rule 933 (Purple Robe of Justice):
The Robe is a mimsy, non-Tradeable, Garment.
with:
The Robe is a non-Tradeable belonging to a class of Garment known as
Cloak.
{{[Its Unique so its automatically mimsy]}}

Renumber Rule 933 (Purple Robe of Justice) to 931.4 [part of the Garment
Rule Suite].

{{[Chartreuse Cape]}}

Amend Rule 947 (The Chartreuse Cape) to read in full (MURREYVEIL
delimited):
MURREYVEIL
The Chartreuse Cape is a unique, non-tradeable Garment belonging to the
class of Cloak. More specifically, it is a large, voluminous cape,
hanging below the knees of its wearer, and it is chartreuse in
colour.The Chartreuse Cape is always owned by the current holder of the
Office of the Caped Crusader. If there is no Caped Crusader, it is
Somewhere Else. Whenever a new Caped Crusader is elected, it comes into
his possession.

A player wearing the Chartreuse Cape has the ability to fly as if he had
a wings mutation. He also has the strength of ten men, and can see
through walls. Other rules may describe other effects of wearing the
Chartreuse Cape.
MURREYVEIL

Renumber Rule 947 (The Chartreuse Cape) to 931.5 [part of the Garment
Rule Suite].

{{[Gingham Dresses]}}

Replace the following sentence in Rule 1389 (Quarantine):
A Gingham Dress is a type of nameless garments.
with:
Gingham Dresses belong to a class of garment known as Bottoms.

Renumber Rule 1389 (Quarantine) to 931.6 [part of the Garment Rule
Suite].

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:17:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3141

Proposal 3141
The Scorekeeper Doesn't Have Enough To Do
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

Amend Rule 1140 (The Chocolate Frog) to read in full:

There is an unique, named, ownable entity known as the Chocolate Frog.
It is a small, golden statue in the shape of a lawnmower. It is the most
valued possession in all Acka. Whoever owns it is known as The First
Citizen. On the eleventh of each month the Scorekeeper will randomly
select a player from amongst the active players who gained the least
points from anti-voting during the pervious seven days and the Chocolate
Frog will be transferred to that player.

Any players who vote against a proposal made by the First Citizen will
receive no points for anti-voting. Any player who publicly
insults the First Citizen will be guilty of the Crime of Disrespect.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:18:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3142

Proposal 3142
It Doesn't Need to be Unique
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

Amend the first paragraph of Rule 999 (The Quirpele of
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis) to read:

The Quirpele of Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a
unique tradeable entity. The owner of the Quirpele of
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis may do any of the
following, as a public action:
a) Replace the noun phrase "Spelling Bee" in all Rules (including this
one), and in any Proposals in the voting queue, with any legal Ackanomic
name.
b) Cause the Brass Monkey to climb eir house.
c) Make it a Crime for a post to the public forum over the next 24 hours
not to hail em as Emperor.

{{[Replace "Spelling Bee" in rule 999 with "in the rules". Next person
replaces "in the rules" in rule 101 with "K 2" ;) ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:19:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3143

Proposal 3143
Felicitous Populi
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

Create a new Rule, as a member of the Otzma Card Rule Suite titled
"Otzma Card of Type Felicitous Populi", with the following LUCKY
delimited text:

LUCKY
This card may only be played in the public forum.

A player who plays this Card shall unambiguously announce:
i) an event described in the rules which requires a random determination
to be made, for which there is more than one possible outcome
ii) the desired outcome from amongst the possible outcomes for that
event
iii) and an amount of A$ which e is 'betting' (referred to as B).

Immediately upon playing the card the specified amount of A$ is
transferred to the treasury from the player. If the player had
insufficient A$ the card shall have no effect.

Otherwise, if the named event occurs during the 3 days after the card is
played, the the probability of the desired outcome is increased in the
following manner. All outcomes are expressed as fractions using the
smallest common denominator (referred to as D). The denominator of all
the possible outcomes and the numerator of the desired outcome are
increased by X, where X is B*D/200 rounded down.

{{[Functionally equivalent to assigning an additional X spots on the
Ackanomic Magic Dice]}}

At any given time there may be at most 7 Cards of this type. 'Felicitous
Populi' Otzma Cards have an F-designation of Normal.

Its Counter-Action:
If the card is countered prior to the random determination the
probability of the specified event occurring shall be unaltered form its
usual value. If the card is countered after the random determination the
player who played it shall transfer an amount of A$ equal to B to the
player who countered the card.

This rule has precedence over any rule that defines probabilities for a
given event.

LUCKY

{{[Turning a one Page Ackanomicon secret into a five page one would cost
A$12. Increasing the functional F-Designation of an Otzma card from
Normal to Common, prior to reading from a SBoC, would cost about A$30
]}}

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #81
********************************