Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #66
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest         Friday, May 8 1998         Volume 03 : Number 066

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 01:49:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3011

Proposal 3011
Calendar
H*bert (Jonathan David Amery)

 {{All players are gifted a trinket of value A$1 with a description of
"Voucher for one calendar." and a name of "<name>'s Calender", where
<name> is replaced by the name of the player.}}

 Create a rule entitled "TGW's idea" numbered with the lowest legal
integer number and with the following PTERRY-delimited text. 

 [Sorry about the muck ups - can't read...]

PTERRY
 This rule takes precedence over all other rules, particually rule 313.

 On the first Wednesday following the the creation of the trinkets created
by the proposal which created this rule the following will happen:

 Each of the trinkets mentioned above that were created in the possession
of players who did not vote either YES or BAA! on the proposal that
created this rule are destroyed.

 Each of the trinkets mentioned above that were created in the possession
of players who voted BAA! on the proposal that created this rule have
their description changed to "This is just an example."

 Each of the remaining trinkets mentioned above will be destroyed, and
each of the players who had posessed one will recieve a trinket with the
same name as the one that they had which had just been destroyed and the
description "a calendar for the year surmounted by a rather angular
picture of a beagle, standing on its hind legs." [Terry Pratchett,
Interesting Times, p. 350 or 281] but with a value of A$200.

 One Good Ballot Stuffer will be created in the possession of a randomly
determined player who possesses one of the trinkets created in the
paragraph above.

 One Evil Ballot Stuffer will be created in the possession of a randomly
determined player who possesses one of the trinkets created in the
paragraph above.

 This rule will repeal itself.
PTERRY

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 01:50:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3012

Proposal 3012
I may be wrong but it still needs changing
The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)

This is a modest proposal.

Modify rule 252 (Joining the Game) by replacing the first paragraph

[I. For the purposes of this rule, a player whose most recent departure from
Ackanomic caused him or her to become an Undead that still exists is
considered a Returning player. All other players are considered New. ]

with the following SAAREMAA delimited text

SAAREMAA
I. For the purposes of this rule, a person whose most recent departure from
Ackanomic caused the creation of an Undead that still exists [i.e. has not
decomposed] is able to join as a Returning Player. All other people are
considered New Players.
SAAREMAA

Also, modify section IV. (of the same rule)

[IV. A person able to join the game as a Returning player may do so by
posting a public message to that effect. This message must include their
Ackanomic and real life names, as well as a valid email address. The
Registrar shall then record their return to the players list. ]

to read as follows (text delimited by TEXT)

TEXT
IV. A person able to join the game as a Returning Player may do so by posting
a public message to that effect. This message must include the Ackanomic name
they most recently held when they were a player, their real life name, and a
valid email address. The Registrar shall then record their return to the
players list. 
TEXT

Thirdly, modify section V. 1) (again of the same rule)

[1) The Undead with that player's Ackanomic name changes from an Undead to a
player. ]

to read:

"1) The Undead with the Ackanomic name provided by the person who is
returning to the game changes from an Undead to a player. "

[I was considering trying to create a self deleting clause that would make
saaremaa a player again (if he isn't already) but was having difficulty
getting it to work. As it is I'll let him rejoin for himself.]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 01:51:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3013

Proposal 3013
Why wait around?
The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)

This is a modest proposal.

Modify rule 1230.40 (Winning a Hand) by replacing the RESPITE delimited text
with the HILL delimited text:

RESPITE
If, at any stage, the number of Stabber's Knives held by all current Swingers
(excluding Swingers on Vacation) exceeds the number of Swingers (including
Swingers on vacation), and there is a single Swinger (to be called the
ChessChamp) with more Stabber's Knives than any other single Swinger, then
the ChessChamp will be declared the Winner of this Game of Party Chess. The
ChessChamp will receive the title "Winner of a game of Party Chess", a title
of which multiple copies may be held simultaneously. 
RESPITE

HILL
If, at any stage, the number of Stabber's Knives held by all current Swingers
(excluding Swingers on Vacation) exceeds the number of Swingers (including
Swingers on vacation), and there is a single Swinger with more Stabber's
Knives than any other single Swinger, or a single Swinger holds a number of
Stabber's Knives greater than the number of Swingers (including those on
vacation) divided by two, then that player will be declared the Winner of
this Game of Party Chess. E will also receive the title "Winner of a game of
Party Chess", a title of which multiple copies may be held simultaneously. 
HILL

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 01:52:54 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3014

Proposal 3014
If you're gonna do it, do it right
Ayla (Raquel Peres da Silva)

[As Proposal 2946 was accepted, the "The Secret" page of the Ackanomicon
vanished in the haze. Then, all references to it should be removed from the
rules.]

Amend Rule 1301 by removing the text "(c) The Secret", and by replacing the
text "(d) Long Lost Treasure" with "(c) Long Lost Treasure".

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 01:53:18 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3015

Proposal 3015
A Sheep in Sheep's Clothing
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

This is a Modest Proposal.

[Even though that doesn't do me a blind bit of good.  This is going to
amend Rule 207 - so, if it passes, no antivoting or sheep points will be
scored.  So there is no reason to anti-vote NO - as it is impossible to
gain points.  Just thought I'd remind people, as it might help this pass.]

Amend Rule 207 by replacing all instances of the text "(n-p)" with the
text "(n+2-p)".

[This increases the points available to sheepish voters, to decrease the
likelihood of negative points being earned, and thereby increase the
incentives to both vote BAA! and PRESENT.  As the rule stands, it is
impossible to gain points by voting B or P on a Modest Proposal, and quite
easy to lose them, if multiple people vote the same way.  The points
scoring was introduced as a sort of incentive - but the outcome is
currently more of a disincentive.  The addition of two points should fix
it, while still not encouraging wholesale sheeping.  I also appear to be
trying for the longest comment / action ratio - have I succeeded yet?]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 01:54:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3016

Proposal 3016
Now it's history
Ayla (Raquel Peres da Silva)

[I have recently asked what the purpose of Rule 1379 was. According to
/dev/joe, who submited the Proposal that created it, it had a purpose when
it was created, but not any more.]

Repeal Rule 1379

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #66
********************************