Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #65
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest       Wednesday, May 6 1998       Volume 03 : Number 065

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 07:45:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3003

Proposal 3003
A Haunting Name
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

This is a Modest Proposal.

[Malenkai's return has opened the whole can of worms about the names of
the Undead.  I don't like eating worms, I'd rather close the can.]

Append the following GHOUL-delimited text to Rule 258:

GHOUL
It is legal for an Undead to have a name which is the name of a former
player, provided that that Undead was made Undead as a result of the
player who possessed said name leaving the game.
GHOUL

[Trying my best to avoid nasty tricks about renaming undead here.]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 20:59:29 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3004

Proposal 3004
Calendar
H*bert (Jonathan David Amery)

 {{All players are gifted a trinket of value A$1 with a description of
"Voucher for one calendar." and a name of "<name>'s Calender", where
<name> is replaced by the name of the player.}}

 Create a rule entitled "TGW's idea" numbered with the lowest legal
integer number and with the following PTERRY-delimited text. 

PTERRY
 On the first Wednesday following the the creation of the trinkets created
by the proposal which created this rule the following will happen:

 Each of the trinkets mentioned above that were created in the possession
of players who did not vote either YES or BAA! on the proposal that
created this rule are destroyed.

 Each of the trinkets mentioned above that were created in the possession
of players who voted BAA! on the proposal that created this rule have
their description changed to "This is just an example."

 Each of the remaining trinkets mentioned above will be destroyed, and
each of the players who had posessed one will recieve a trinket with the
same name as the one that they had which had just been destroyed and the
description "a calendar for the year surmounted by a rather angular
picture of a beagle, standing on its hind legs." [Terry Pratchett,
Interesting Times, p. 350 or 281] but with a value of A$200.

 One Good Ballot Stuffer will be created in the possession of a randomly
determined player who possesses one of the trinkets created in the
paragraph above.

 One Evil Ballot Stuffer will be created in the possession of a randomly
determined player who possesses one of the trinkets created in the
paragraph above.

 This rule will repeal itself.
PTERRY

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 21:01:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3005

Proposal 3005
You Want Middle Ages?  I'll Give You Middle Ages!
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

Amend Rule 1013, "Secret Laboratories", as follows:

Insert the following text(delimited by GUTENBERG)before the last paragraph
of the Rule:

GUTENBERG
Churches may own Secret Laboratories, but, because of their inherently
superstitious nature, not without some risk.  Every time a Church uses its
Secret Laboratory, then for each Church member who is not Enlightened,
there is a 10% chance(20% of the member is a Priest or the Founder)that
that member shall, in an involuntary fit of Luddite rage, destroy the
Secret Laboratory and the Gadget it is in the process of making.
GUTENBERG

{{[ While I'm here ]}}

Add a period to the last sentence of the Rule("An Organization may own
at most one Secret Laboratory").

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 21:02:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3006

Proposal 3006
What the?
Vynd (John McCoy)

This is a Modest Proposal

{{[I was quite surprised to have been burnt as a witch for having failed
to produce a list of Silver Moon Nominees within 4 days of the end of the
cycle.  I've been a Senator a long time now (perhaps not much longer?) and
this was new to me.  Its downright strange since a) 4 days isn't enough
time, and b) the first paragraph of the rule says we have a week.  I'm not
positive, but my best guess is this burning business was introdcued when
the Commision d' Arts was an Ad Hoc Committee, and was never removed.
This change resotres the rule to its original penalty, Contempt for the
Senators, and puts us back on a reasonable 7 day time limit.  I also
noticed that the rule doesn't actually describe how the Commission is
supposed to reach a decision.  Its members are the Seantors, but it is not
itself the Senate or any other organization, so it doesn't fall under any
of the usual rules.  So I fixed that too.  Finally, there are some just 
plain quirky uses of the English language that I figured may as wel go
while I'm at it.  What fun.]}}

Amend Rule 670 Commission d'Arts in the following manner.

Replace the first sentence of section 2) with: The Commission (as
represented by one of its members) shall publically post a report listing 
4 Silver Moon Nominees, which the Commission decided on using the standard
procedures for Senatorial decision making.

Replace the text of section 4) with:  If the Commission fails to produce a 
report in accordance with this rule, then all the Commissioners who did
not vote in favor of any proposed report are placed in Contempt.  All
other Commissioners are fined 2 points.

In section 5), delete the phrase "the names of".

In section 6) replace the phrase "the Silver Moon" with "a Silver Moon".

In section 9) replace the first sentence with:  Silver Moons are
non-tradeable entities.  They may only be created and awarded in
accordance with the Rules.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 21:03:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3007

Proposal 3007
Show Some Respect!
The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)

This is a modest proposal.

Modify rule 721 by adding the following GROUCHY delimited text to the end:

GROUCHY

IV. Disrespecting the Harfers

Showing a lack of respect to the officers who harf the game when they are
acting in their capacity as officers, or refusing to acknowledge the work
done by such functional officers is Annoying. It is also very impolite.
GROUCHY

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 21:04:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3008

Proposal 3008
Egotistical? Me?
The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)

This is a modest proposal.

Create a new rule titled Quarantine reading as follows (text delimited by
RIMMER):

RIMMER
Gingham is the national fabric of Ackanomic. A Gingham Dress is a type of
nameless garments. Any player may purchase a Gingham Dress for A$20. However,
if a player has suffered a concussion due to capsizing while white water
rafting on the Ackanomic River then e will automatically receive a Gingham
Dress, since it is appropriate to eir insane behaviour.
RIMMER

[For anyone interested this is based on the same source as my Acka name. If
you're curious as to what this motivation is then get in touch with me and
I'll send it to you.]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 21:05:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3009

Proposal 3009
Don't vote against your own proposals
Ayla (Raquel Peres da Silva)

This is a Modest Proposal

Amend Rule 106 by inserting the following YES text between first and
second sentences:

YES
The player who submited a proposal shall not vote on it: e will be deemed
to have voted YES on this proposal.
YES

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 21:09:54 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 3010

Proposal 3010
Walk, don't run, on your nearest bank
else...if (Henry Towsner)

	Add the following "-delimited text after the first sentence of rule
534  "The Ackan Reserve is a branch of the Treasury.  "

	{{Transfer A$1000 from the Treasury to the Ackan Reserve.  Transfer
A$50 to the Ackan Reserve from the treasury for every stock not owned by
the treasury.}}

	Replace the first three paragraphs of section D of rule 530 with
the following "-delimited text:
"d) Players may buy or sell stocks from or to the Ackan Reserve as a public
action. Stocks may be bought from the Ackan Reserve for a per-unit price of
the smallest integer number of A$ at least as large as 105% of the current
value of the Stock Market. Stocks may be sold to the Ackan Reserve for a
per-unit price of the largest integer number of A$ no greater than 95% of
the current value of the Stock Market as long as doing so would not put the
Ackan Reserve into debt.  A stock may not be sold if doing so would put the
Ackan Reserve into debt.
	If a player attempts to purchase more stocks than they have A$ to
purchase, they will purchase as many stocks as they can without going into
debt. When multiple stocks are bought or sold to or from the Ackan Reserve,
the trades occur one at a time.
	Whenever a Stock is in the Treasury or a branch of the Treasury it
is destroyed. Whenever a player buys a Stock from the Ackan Reserve, they
pay the purchase price to the Ackan Reserve and a new Stock is created in
their possession."

	Add the following "-delimited text between the second-to-last and
last paragraphs of rule 534:
"
	The AREB may requisition additional money from the Treasury.  If
two members of the AREB publicly specify the same requisition within three
days of each other then the amount of A$ specified by the payoff will be
transferred from the Treasury to the Ackan Reserve.  The specification must
include an amount of A$ equal to or less than the amount of A$ in the
Treasury.
"

	Add the following "-delimited text at the end of section II of rule
505:
"
	The Treasury has a number of branches dedicated to special
purposes.  Such branches may own A$ or other entities, but those entities
are not counted as being in the Treasury except for tax purposes.  This
paragraph takes precedence over all rules which define what is in the
Treasury.
"

	Replace section IV.b of rule 505 with the following "-delimited text:
"
	Each Undead and Branch of the Treasury transfers 10% (round up) of
its A$ to the Treasury.
"

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #65
********************************