Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #61
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest        Saturday, May 2 1998        Volume 03 : Number 061

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 20:52:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2978

Proposal 2978
Just restoring symmetry and order
J. M. Bear (Frank Schmidt)

Amend Rule 1230.18 in the following way:
Change the string "the range 5<R<15, e<C<o (that is
between columns e and o, exclusive" to "the range
5<R<16, e<C<p (that is between columns e and p,
exclusive". [This restores symmetry]
Change the string "A Demon can be promoted only if
and only if there exist two friendly pieces of the same
type (as each other, not necessarily the Demon)" to the
string "A Demon can be promoted to another type of
chess piece if and only if there exist two friendly pieces
of this type (and if this promotion would violate no
instance limits for that type)". [This restores order by
avoiding the creation of a Tornado out of two pawns
and a demon]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 21:06:49 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2979

Proposal 2979
small otzma reorg
JT (JT Traub)

Renumber rule 2887 to 1240.X where X is the lowest positive unused integer
in the otzma card rule suite
Renumber rule 2888 to 1240.Z where Z is the lowest positive unused integer
in the otzma card rule suite

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 21:07:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2980

Proposal 2980
Otzma card of type shield
JT (JT Traub)

Create a new rule under the Otzma Card rule suite numbered 1240.50
with the following BLOCK delimited text titled 'Otzma Card of type Shield'
BLOCK
A card of this type can only be played on another Otzma card of a different
type.

Otzma Cards of type Shield have the same F-Designation as Otzma Cards of
type Go Fish.

When an Otzma Card of type Shield is played, an Otzma Card of type Go
Fish may not be played on the card the Shield card was played on.

If Otzma Cards of type Go Fish are ever renamed, then all occurances of
the string Go Fish in this rule are replaced with the new type of what
used to be Go Fish.

If Otzma Cards of type Go Fish are ever repealed, this rule will repeal
itself.

Counter-Action: A Go Fish card may once again be played on the card this
was played on, and the deadline for playing a Go Fish card is extended by
the length of time the Shield card was in effect.
BLOCK

Amend rule 1240.2 a follows.
Replace section 4 {{[4. This rule takes precedence over all other rules in
the Otzma Card Rule suit.]}} with the following SMALL_FIX delimited text
SMALL_FIX
4. This rule takes precedence over all other rules in the Otzma Card Rule
Suite except rule 1240.50 to which it defers precedence.
SMALL_FIX

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 21:08:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2981

Proposal 2981
TAKE TWO!
breadbox (Brian Raiter)

This is a Modest Proposal.

{{[Alfvaen's Proposal 2933 didn't *quite* have the intended effect.]}}

Replace the last three paragraphs of Rule 594.5 ("Blueprint: Automatic
Sculpture"), which currently read:

"
When an Automatic Sculpture transforms itself into a Trinket, The Officer
in Charge of Random Things shall choose a player at random(who will be
called the Mad Sculptor). The Mad Sculptor shall be responsible for
providing a description of the trinket formed by the Automatic Sculpture.
Should the Mad Sculptor not publicly post such a description within three
days of being selected, e shall lose one point and the description shall
become "it is green".

However, when a Player buries an Automatic Sculpture and then finds it
himself, he will find that it is a dull, slate gray box with an irregular
pentagonal metal patch on one side.

Should the Mad Sculptor not publicly post such a description within three
days of being selected, e shall lose one point and the description shall
become "it is X", where X is one of the colours defined in Rule 1155.
"

with the following two paragraphs:

When an Automatic Sculpture transforms itself into a Trinket, The Officer
in Charge of Random Things shall choose a player at random(who will be
called the Mad Sculptor). The Mad Sculptor shall be responsible for
providing a description of the trinket formed by the Automatic Sculpture.
Should the Mad Sculptor not publicly post such a description within three
days of being selected, e shall lose one point and the description shall
become "it is X", where X is one of the colours defined in Rule 1155.

However, when a Player buries an Automatic Sculpture and then finds it
himself, he will find that it is a dull, slate gray box with an irregular
pentagonal metal patch on one side. (It is unchanged.)

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #61
********************************