Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #52
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest      Thursday, April 23 1998      Volume 03 : Number 052

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 03:12:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2918

Proposal 2918
double your pleasure
rufus (David Scheidt)

{{[ Fictionary seems to have a bug.  If two bluffers submit the same
definition, the Brainiac has to send them both out, which makes it obvious
that this is not the correct definition.  this fixes that]}}

Ammend rule 1250.10 'Fictionary' as follows:

Change the last sentance of section 3b to read " The Brainiac publically
announces that this has occurred, and play proceeds without the submission
as if case 3c) or case 3d), as appropriate, occurred, except that the
correct Bluffer does not participate." 

Renumber section 3d to 3e.

Replace section 3c's text with the following AIRFREIGHTISEXPENSIVE
delimited text.

AIRFREIGHTISEXPENSIVE

No Bluffer submitted a definition that is substantially similar to an
On-line Definition, and every Bluffer submitted a unique definition.  In
this case, the Brainiac randomly sorts the submitted definitions and the
Actual Definition into a numbered list (without the names of the
associated Bluffers), and publically posts the list for Bluffer voting.
This posting ends this step.

AIRFREIGHTISEXPENSIVE

Add the following DITTOFLUIDSMELLSGOOD-delimited text as section 3d.

DITTOFLUIDSMELLSGOOD

No Bluffer submitted a definition that is substantially similar to an
On-line Definition, and two or more Bluffers submitted substanially
similar definitions.  In this case, The Brainiac randomly selects one of
the definitions that are substanially similar and removes it from
consideration.  The other substanially similar definition or definitions
are discarded, the Brainiac randomly sorts the remaining definitions and
the Actual Definition into a numbered list (without the names of the
associated Bluffers), and publically posts the list for Bluffer voting.
He also must publiclly announce that there were duplicate submissions.
This posting ends this step.

DITTOFLUIDSMELLSGOOD

In section i of part 5a), add the following sentences "If a Bluffer's 
definition was removed for being the same as another submitted definition,
all Bluffers who submitted that definition receive points for other
players voting for that definition.  However, they do not get points for
the other Bluffer or Bluffers sheeping this definition."

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 03:13:48 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2919

Proposal 2919
Small land Amendment
JT (JT Traub)

This is a modest proposal.
Amend rule 839 as follows

Insert the following PHYSICS delimited text as the final paragraph in the
rule

PHYSICS
Only one Building (except for towers) may exist on any given kaa of land.
{{If more than one Building (except for towers) exists on a kaa of land at
  this moment, one of the buildings is moved to another legal location if
  such exists.  If no such location exists, the building is destroyed and
  its owner is compensated from the treasury the cost that would have been
  payed to build the building being destroyed.  A Legal Location for moving
  a building is any kaa of land owned by the owner of the building being
  moved.  If the building is owned by no player, then it is moved to a legal
  location for that building on the Map.
}}
{{ Deduct 2 points from the score of JT.  Give 2 points to ThinMan }}
PHYSICS

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 03:14:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2920

Proposal 2920
Org Patch
ThinMan (John Bollinger)

{{[ 
This proposal is intended to patch the current problems regarding "illegal"
ownership of entities by various types of organizations in a fairly humane
manner. It also makes temporary provision for Organizational Powers.  It
complements /dev/joe's recent proposal.
]}} 

{{[ The following is functionally implied by the rules, but needs to be
    explicitly stated for R1010 to work correctly. ]}} 

Amend rule 1003, "Organizations," by inserting the sentence "A VSO may not
own anything." immediately before the sentence "Any attmpet [sic] on the part
of a VSO to perform any other kind of Orgnizational Action fails." 

{{[
   This one just loosens up a minor restriction on Political Parties.
]}}

Amend rule 1009 (Political Parties and Rewarding Party Unity) by inserting
the text "Land, Buildings," into the first sentence of the third paragraph,
immediately after the word "Trinkets."

{{[
   Here's the meat of the matter:
]}}

Create a new rule, numbered 1010 and entitled "Spotter," with the following
COACH-delimited text: 

COACH 

If any organization at any time owns one or more tradeable entities in
violation of the rules specifically pertaining to that type of organization
(e.g. R1009 for Political Parties; R1003 for VSOs), then those entities are
immediately divided among the members of the organization as evenly as
possible. In particular, the entities of each class (e.g. A$, gadgets,
trinkets) are divided as evenly as possible. Where the number of entities of
some class being divided is not evenly divisable by the number of members of
the relevant organization, some members will receive one more entity of that
class than the others do; which members receive the extra entities is
determined randomly. 

{{[ Grace Period: ]}} 
Any organization may surrender any organizational power it owns to the
Treasury, upon which action the Power is destroyed. Any Organization which
does so will receive back the original purchase price of the Power from the
Treasury, less the standard harfer fee. This paragraph takes precedence over
all rules governing organizations. This paragraph is deleted from this rule
exactly one week after this rule was added to the rule set. 

COACH

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 03:15:46 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2921

Proposal 2921
Remove My Pointless Trappings Of Office
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

This is a Modest Proposal.

[The President has some, IMHO, rather pointless privileges.  Given the
rate of ruleset expansion, we need to trim things away.  I think that
these privileges mentioned below can be trimmed.]

Delete Sections II and IV of Rule 415, "Presidential Decisions" [Proposal
Moratoria and Ambassador removal and re-appointment.]  Relabel Section III
of Rule 415 as section II.

[Proposal Moratoria are a way for the President to slow down the machinery
of proposals.  The Promoter's ability to tweak or frob the queue, and eir
need to only distribute within 3 days of submission make this redundant.
The Ambassadorship is a Political Office, and really should not be within
the gift of the President.]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 03:16:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2922

Proposal 2922
Offical Terms
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

{{[This proposal introduces the concept of a Minimum Term of Office.
After the end of a Minimum Term an eligible player may request an
election. The cost of the standard harfer fee will reduce abuse (though
not anti-scam) and automatic nomination will prevent null elections.

The intention is to give players a non-impeachment method of activating
the election process for the 'harfy' offices while not causing too much
BWG.

President            Remains 8 weeks
Senator              16 weeks, synchronized with the presidential
                         election.
Historian            Minimum term 12 months.
Poet Laureate    Minimum term 6 months.
Praetor              Minimum term 6 months
Inventor             Minimum term: 6 months.
Wizard               No discovery/gadget has not been forthcoming for
                         the past 6 months it is transferred to the
treasury.
Archaeologist     Remains, every cycle win.
Mad Scientist     After the creation of a FM to the owner of the new FM
Illuminatus         Every time an agenda hat win is achieved
                         the Agent of KAOS is given the option of
                         holding this office. If e refuses, an election
is held.
Caped Crusader Minimum term 6 months
Gaoler               Minimum term 6 months
Deejay              Remains every 2 months.
NAP Swinger    Upon surrender or when party chess is won
                         (in addition to historical methods)
Acka Physicist   Minimum Term 6 months.

The following political offices were left out being pseudo functional
and elections for them consequently more disruptive:
*Speaker
*Ambassador
*Spelling Exchequer

As were the Party Swingers (which should remain under the control of
their party)

Justice has an unlimited number of seats so the concept of a term of
office is meaningless.]}}

{{[The graphic Detail]}}

{{[***Commonality***]}}
Amend rule 401 (Offices, Commonalities) in the following way:
Insert the following between part a) and b) of section (vi) and reletter
the list accordingly:

b) The Rules may specify a Minimum Term of Office. When a player has
held a particular seat of an office for a period greater than its
Minimum Term of Office, any player who is eligible to hold that seat may
as a public action demand "an end to this banna republic", specifying
the seat and paying the Standard Harfer Fee. When this occurs the term
of office for the specified seat expires and an election is held. The
player who called for the election is automatically nominated. If the
rules fail to specify a Minimum Term of Office for a particular office,
then this paragraph shall not apply to that office.

{{[***Senate***]}}
Append to the end of Rule 411 (Senate) as a separate paragraph:
At the time of a presidential election at most two seats are selected in
the following manner:
i) All seats for which an election was held during the previous 16 weeks
are disregarded.
ii) Of the remaining seats, the two (or fewer) seats which have not had
an election for the longest period have their term of office expire.
iii) Ties in section ii) are broken randomly.

{{[***Historian***]}}
Place the following after first sentence of Rule 420 (Historian):
It has a Minimum Term of Office of 12 months.

{{[***Poet Laureate***]}}
Remove the first sentence of Rule 424 (Poet Laureate) and replace with:
The optional Office of Poet Laureate has a Minimum Term of Office of 6
months.

{{[***Praetor***]}}
Amend the first sentence of section I of Rule 425 (Praetor) to read:
The Office of the Praetor is a Political Office with a Minimum Term of
Office of 6 months.

{{[***Inventor***]}}
Amend  the paragraph under the heading "A. Inventor" in Rule 593
(Ackanomic Research Guild) to read:
The Office of Inventor has one seat with a Minimum Term of Office of 6
months that is filled by Election.

{{[***Wizard***]}}
Append to the paragraph under the heading "B. Wizard" in Rule 593
(Ackanomic Research Guild):
If a player's most recent ownership of the office of wizard exceeds 6
months and that player has not made a discovery or gadget during that
time and a player points this fact out the office is transferred to the
treasury.

{{[***Mad Scientist***]}}
Insert the following in Rule 597 (The Frankenstein Monster(s)) after
section xi):
xii)  Eir creative genius having been exhausted, the office of The Mad
Scientist then becomes vacant.

{{[***Illuminatus***]}}
Reassign letters to each of the lettered list items in Rule 607 (Winning
by Agenda) to give them a unique letter one greater in alphabetic
ordering than the previous, starting with a) for the first item.

Insert the following at the end of the list in Rule 607 (Winning by
Agenda):
e) The Agent of KAOS has three days from when eir Cycle-Win CFJ becomes
unapealable to publicly announce eir desire to be Illuminatus. If they
do so the current Illuminatus is removed from office and the Agent of
KAOS becomes the new Illuminatus. Otherwise the office of Illuminatus
becomes vacant.

{{[***Caped Crusader***]}}
Amend the second sentence of the second paragraph of Rule 705 (The Caped
Crusader) to read in full:
It is an Optional Political office with a Minimum Term of Office of 6
months.

{{[***Gaoler***]}}
Append to section (ii) of Rule 712 (Gaoler):
It has a Minimum Term of office of 6 months.

{{[***NAP Swinger***]}}
Amend Section III, C, 2 of Rule 1040 (Party Hall) to read:
2. The Player who holds the NAP Swinger's Office continues to be NAP
Swinger until e either resigns, is impeached, surrenders, or becomes a
member of a Party or the current game of party chess is won.

{{[***AckaPhysicist***]}}
Replace the second paragraph of Rule 1317 (Codex of Kra) with:
The optional office of AckaPhysicist exists. It has a Minimum Term of
Office of 6 months. It is a privilege of the AckaPhysicist to translate
the Codex of Kra, and report its contents to the people of Acka
[maintaining, or arranging to maintain a web page of its contents would
be ideal].

{{Change the authorship of this proposal to Blip}}

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 03:20:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2923

Proposal 2923 - Thu 23 Apr 1998 03:16 EDT
Birthday Suit
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

Append the following to the end of Rule 842 (The Town Hall):
For the purposes of this rule a player is considered to be naked if e is
not wearing a rule defined garment.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 03:22:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2924

Proposal 2924
Veneration
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

Amend to the Rule 917 (Rocks, walls, facial hair and root vegetables) to
read in full (HIGHLY VENDABLE delimited):

HIGHLY VENDABLE
The following types of entities exist:
i) A Rock To Wind A String Around.
ii) A Wall Of Trombones.
iii) Santa's Beard.
iv) A Magic Radish.
v) A Bottle of Bubble Gum Flavoured Shampoo.
vi) A Large Box of Chocolates.

All of the above entities are collectively known as Venerable Entities
and may be manipulated by vending machines, should such things exist.
All of the above entities are Tradable.

If a player possesses one of each type of the Venerable Entities, e may
request a Boon of the Ancients. A player making such a request has a 10%
chance of receiving a boon. At the time of the random determination all
of Venerable Entities in that players possession are destroyed. A player
may make no more than one such request per calendar month.
HIGHLY VENDABLE

Rename rule 917 to Rocks, Walls, Facial Hair, Root Vegetables and
Flavoured Shampoo

Append the following to the end of Rule 594.4 (Blueprint: Vending
Machine):
If a Vending Machine is owned by the second player to legally chew The
Gumball on any given day, e may vend therefrom A Bottle of Bubble Gum
Flavoured Shampoo for the remainder of the day. The price for which A
Bottle of Bubble Gum Flavoured Shampoo may be sold starts at A$12.
If a Vending Machine is owned by the First Citizen, e may vend therefrom
A Large Box of Chocolates. The price for which A Large Box of Chocolates
may be sold starts at A$14.

Amend the following sentence, were it appears in rule 594.4 (Blueprint:
Vending Machine):
The price for which a Magic Radish may be sold starts at A$7.
to read:
The price for which a Magic Radish may be sold starts at A$4.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 03:24:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2925

Proposal 2925
Probationary Boon
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal

Amend the final paragraph of Rule 1340 (The Great Sphere Probe) to read
in full:
After the findings of the Probe have been described, the Head of the
Probe Project and another player selected at random from those who
donated to The Probe Project shall receive a deterministic Boon of the
Ancients and then this rule will repeal itself.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 03:25:54 -0400 (EDT)
From: nomicbot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2926

Proposal 2926
Hearing Aid
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

This is a Modest Proposal.

Replace the following sentence where it appears in [the forth paragraph
of] Rule 909 (Steel Flea):
A Hearing is then called, with valid responses of "Phoebe would not say
anything so crass" and "Phoebe said much the same thing to me once".
with:
A Hearing is then called. The player who issued the challenge is the
Hearing Harfer and is called the Nanotech Overseer while it is in
session. Valid responses for the hearing are "Phoebe would not say
anything so crass" and "Phoebe said much the same thing to me once".

Insert after the sentence, where it appears in [the third paragraph] of
Rule 915 (Prosthetic Foreheads):
A Forehead Tribunal is a Hearing.
the following:
The player who summoned the Forehead Tribunal is the Hearing Harfer and
is called the Top Cop while it is in session.

Insert after the sentence, where it appears in [the final paragraph of]
Rule 1112 (Let there be Harf!):
It is also Strange.
the following:
The player who started the Inquisition is the Hearing Harfer and is
called the Supreme Inquisitor while it is in session.

Insert after the sentence, where it appears in [the third paragraph of]
Rule 1123 (snowgod's Disease):
A Public Health Emergency is a type of Hearing.
the following:
The player who made the call is the Hearing Harfer and is called the
Undergraduate Med Student while it is in session.

Insert after the sentence, where it appears in [the second paragraph of]
Rule 1125 (Committee for the Protection, Preservation, and Integrity of
the Arts):
A Hearing is then called on the matter of whether the allegedly
offensive Trinket(s) are in fact lame, inane, or otherwise useless
or of negligible artistic merit.
the following :
The player who made the complaint is the Hearing Harfer and is called
the Comfortable Chair while it is in session.

Amend Rule 1211 (Boons of the Ancients) section 8 to insert after the
first sentence:
The player who made the call is the Hearing Harfer and is called the
Principal Authenticator while it is in session.

Insert after the sentence, where it appears in [the fourth paragraph] of
Rule 1317 (Codex of Kra):
In this case, there will then be a Hearing, with valid responses of "the
Ancients weren't that clueless" and "my own
experiments have produced similar results".
the following :
The player who made the accusation is the Hearing Harfer and is called
Management while it is in session.

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #52
********************************