Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #42
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest       Friday, April 10 1998       Volume 03 : Number 042

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 06:12:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2864

Proposal 2864
The Blood Of A Revolution
Calvin N Hobbes (Thierry Joffrain)

Between the 10th and 20th of January of each year, the Senate must put
forward an abridged version of the rules of Ackanomic, excluding suites,
such that this version contains only, each in whole, existing rules. It will
be called the Manifesto. However, the total number of characters in the
Manifesto may not exceed 100'000.

If no Manifesto exists on the 21st of January, the original rule set of
Ackanomic will be considered the Manifesto.

On the 22nd of January, at 23:59 EST, the Manifesto will become the new rule
set of Ackanomic, while the previous one will repeal itself at the exact
same moment in time.

{{[ When you build a sand castle on the beach, it is sad to see it destroyed
by the waves later in the day. However, there is comfort in the knowledge
that from the experience, the next sandcastle will be even better. What I am
proposing is drastic. It's aweful. It's crazy. It's... worth considering. I
would be as frantic as anyone else when the rules get slashed. ]}}

{{[ For those who do not know, the 22nd-23rd of January is Ackanomic's
birthday ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 06:14:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2865

Proposal 2865
The Deaf Leading The Mute
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

This is a Modest proposal.

Amend Rule 254, "Player States", as follows:

Replace the last paragraph
{{[
   Any voting player may become a non-voting player by posting publicly
   that they are doing so; at the moment of this announcement, all their
   existing votes on proposals whose results have not yet been released
   are cancelled; they are treated as having declined judgement on all
   CFJ's they have been selected to judge but not yet accepted or
   declined, and treated as having failed to return a verdict on any they
   have accepted, and they are removed from all offices non-voting
   players cannot hold, and removed from the list of candidates in any
   Election or Nomination for an office non-voting players cannot hold.
]}}

with the following text(delimited by KELLER):

KELLER
Any voting player may become a non-voting player by posting publicly
that they are doing so.  At the moment of this announcement, the
following occurs:

1. All eir existing votes on proposals whose results have not yet
been released are cancelled.

2. E is treated as having declined judgement on all CFJs that have
been assigned to em.  This includes those for which the three-day
limit for declining has passed; no deadbeat penalty is assigned,
and the CFJ does not go to the Praetor but is randomly assigned as
in Rule 212.

E is treated as having declined judgement on all CFJ's e has
been selected to judge but not yet accepted or declined, and treated
as having failed to return a verdict on any they have accepted.

3. E is removed from all offices non-voting players cannot hold, and
removed from the list of candidates in any Election or Nomination for
an office non-voting players cannot hold.

4. E is removed from the mentor pool.
KELLER

{{[ The thing I really want here is to get non-voting players out of
the mentor pool, and updating the reference to accepting and declining
CFJ's.  The rest is just fixing the paragraph so it's less of a run-on
sentence. ]}}

{{[ We always call it the mentor pool, so why not make it consistent? ]}}

In Rule 252, "Joining the Game", replace the text "volunteer pool" with
"mentor pool".

Amend Rule 253, "Mentors", as follows:

Replace the second paragraph

{{[
   It is the duty of the Registrar to maintain a list of players who are
   in the volunteer pool. If there are not enough players in the
   volunteer pool to assign a mentor for each new player, the Registrar
   may randomly select a player from the general population.
]}}

with the following text(delimited by RUBY):

RUBY
It is the duty of the Registrar to maintain a list of players who are
in the mentor pool.  Any Acting player may place emself in the mentor
pool or remove emself therefrom.  If there are not enough players in
the mentor pool to assign a mentor for each new player, the Registrar
may randomly select a player from the general population.  A player
who is currently serving as mentor to a new player is not considered
to be in the mentor pool while so serving.
RUBY

Delete the last sentence(which I just put at the end of the above
paragraph).  {{[ What was I thinking to just stick it on the end
like that? ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 06:16:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2866

Proposal 2866
Hey!  I Ordered A Cheeseburger!
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

Amend Rule 1350, "La Luna", by inserting the following text(delimited
by MALL)before the last paragraph:

MALL

A moon is considered to be "full" if all members of any Political Party
is on that moon.  When a moon is full, no other players may move to that
moon; this takes precedence over any rule which may state otherwise.

MALL

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 06:17:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2867

Proposal 2867
Forest for the Trees
Vynd (John McCoy)

This is a Modest proposal.

Add the following entries to the Literature List:

Artist: Phoebe the Steel Flea ; oldest known resident of Ackanomic
Work: The Codex of Kra ; as translated

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #42
********************************