Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #31
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest      Saturday, March 21 1998      Volume 03 : Number 031

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 17:25:40 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2776 accepted

Results of Proposal 2776

14/19 votes: Quorum achieved
12/15 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
Hubert               (Boomerangs)
Attila the Pun                          [Attila the Pun is no longer Pending]
Guy Fawkes
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
Slakko               (SPAM)
else...if            (Klingon)
Klingon Unity Vote

    NO:
K 2                  (MetaMorph)
breadbox
Illusion

    PRESENT:

    ABSTAINED:
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
rufus                (SPAM)
Goldenmean           (Boomerangs)
Wild Card            (SPAM)
ThinMan              (Vulcan)

> Proposal 2776 - Fri 13 Mar 1998 15:14 EST
> Lick The Pole
> Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)
> 
> This is a Modest proposal.
> 
> Amend Rule 611, "La grande fromage", as follows:
> 
> Rename the rule "Le Grand Fromage" {{[ to satisfy French grammar and my own
> capitalization agenda ]}}.
> 
> Replace the sentence "A player receives a stilton if e the ten most recent
> proposals e authored were all accepted." with "A player receives a stilton
> if e the ten most recent proposals e authored, that are not in the voting
> queue, were all accepted." {{[ I just noticed that this would eliminate
> anyone from getting a stilton if e had a proposal in the queue, because it
> would not have been accepted. I'm not sure whether it will include
> retracted Proposals or not. ]}}
> 
> Replace the sentence "A player receives a brie if e has not had a CFCJ
> called against em with a final verdict of true, during the last two
> months." with the following(delimited by GILETTE):
> 
> GILETTE
> A player receives a brie if no CFCJ called against em has returned a final
> verdict of TRUE in the last two months. If any CFCJ returns a TRUE verdict
> against a player, any brie they may have is destroyed.
> GILETTE
> 
> {{[ This is the part that was most in need of fixing. ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 17:32:08 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2777 rejected

Results of Proposal 2777

14/19 votes: Quorum achieved
6/14 YES votes: Proposal rejected

    YES:
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
Attila the Pun
K 2                  (MetaMorph)
else...if            (Klingon)

    NO:
Hubert               (Boomerangs)
breadbox
Guy Fawkes
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
Illusion
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
Slakko               (SPAM)

    PRESENT:

    ABSTAINED:
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
rufus                (SPAM)
Goldenmean           (Boomerangs)
Wild Card            (SPAM)
ThinMan              (Vulcan)

> Proposal 2777 - Fri 13 Mar 1998 15:16 EST
> Flat as a pancake
> else...if (Henry Towsner)
> 
> Replace the phrase "the underside" in rule 1310 with "a side".
> 
> Repeal rule 1319 and 1319.1
> 
> Create the following rule, numbered 1319, entitled "The Shape of the
> World", reading as delimited by INSANITY
> INSANITY
> The world is a hexatetraflexagon. There a six sides, and Acka is on the
> second. Consequently, Acka is exposed to the outside, and therefore
> daylight,for one third of the day, from 8:00am to 4:00pm, EST, which will
> be considered daytime. The Ackanomic River is located at the folds, and
> runs through all six sides. Any contact with the rest of the universe
> during the night must be made by going through the water. During the night,
> the layer opposite Acka (which varies throughout the night,) is always one
> half-cat height above the highest location in Acka. Acka itself occupies
> one quarter of the second side, and is surrounded on two adjacent sides by
> the Ackanomic river, and on the other two by nothing. This rule takes
> precedence over the first paragraph of rule 1307.
> INSANITY

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 17:35:51 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2779 rejected

Results of Proposal 2779

14/19 votes: Quorum achieved
7/13 YES votes: Proposal rejected

    YES:
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
Hubert               (Boomerangs)
Attila the Pun
K 2                  (MetaMorph)
Slakko               (SPAM)
else...if            (Klingon)

    NO:
breadbox
Guy Fawkes
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
Illusion
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
Vynd                 (Vulcan)

    PRESENT:
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)

    ABSTAINED:
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
rufus                (SPAM)
Goldenmean           (Boomerangs)
Wild Card            (SPAM)
ThinMan              (Vulcan)

> Proposal 2779 - Fri 13 Mar 1998 15:19 EST
> Foil Wrapped with a Caramel Center
> K 2 (Kelly Kelly)
> 
> Replace the following COCOA delimited sentence of rule 2682, 'The Chocolate
> Frog' :
> 
> COCOA
> On the eleventh of each month, the Officer in Charge of Random Things will
> select an active player at random to receive the Chocolate Frog, and it
> will be transferred to that player.
> COCOA
> 
> with the following BEAN delimited sentences:
> 
> BEAN
> On the eleventh of each month, the player who gained the most points from
> the acceptance of proposals authored by em, in the previous 7 day period,
> shall have the Chocolate Frog transferred to em. In the case of a tie,
> amongst the tied players, the player who authored the proposal with the
> lowest number which was accepted, during the pervious week, shall have the
> Chocolate Frog transferred to em.
> BEAN
> 
> {{[IMHO it seems more appropriate that the First Ackan, work for eir title,
> rather than be randomly assigned it. This could also make 4-11 of each
> month interesting... We already have the Magic Potato being randomly
> distributed]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 17:38:19 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2780 rejected

Results of Proposal 2780

12/19 votes: Quorum achieved
3/11 YES votes: Proposal rejected

    YES:
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
Slakko               (SPAM)

    NO:
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
Hubert               (Boomerangs)
K 2                  (MetaMorph)
breadbox
Guy Fawkes
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
Illusion
else...if            (Klingon)

    PRESENT:
Attila the Pun

    ABSTAINED:
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
rufus                (SPAM)
Goldenmean           (Boomerangs)
Wild Card            (SPAM)
ThinMan              (Vulcan)

> Proposal 2780 - Fri 13 Mar 1998 15:21 EST
> Organizational Reformation
> Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)
> 
> {{[this is very similar to the proposal I recently retracted. There are
> some differences. Organizations with fewer than three members are not
> destroyed, they are simply restricted, not unlike Cults. Trade Licenses are
> repealed. Parties become a type of Organization, Player-Sanctioned
> organizations become Societies. The amendment to the Party rule now comes
> topwise, as Slakko pointed out, this needs to be done before the covnersion
> to Socieities. The kind of soft-binding that is the hall-mark of the
> current system (aka the Mohamedan system) remains in the form of
> transformations. Powers are no longer tradable. This reform may not address
> all the problems with the Organizational framework. It addresses the
> problems that seemed the most significant problems to me. I think this is
> exactly the kind of structure that allows for growth and development.]}}
> 
> I.Amend R1009 "Big Tents and Rewarding Party Unity" to read in full:
> " A Political Party is a type of Organization. Being a member of more than
> one Political Party simultaneously is the Crime of Branch-Stacking. At the
> end of a proposal's voting period, but before votes on that proposal are
> counted, if every active non-vacationing player member of a given Political
> Party voted YES on that proposal, and no member of the Party is also a
> member of some other Party, then the Political Party itself shall cast an
> additional YES vote on that proposal for every three active non-vacationing
> player members it has.
> 
> Party membership and how players voted are determined based on the facts in
> force at the end of the voting period for each proposal.
> 
> A Political Party may own and Trade A$, Trinkets, and Organizational
> Powers. Theu may not own any other type of Entity.
> 
> The fee for transforming from a Society to a Party is A$300
> 
> {{Rename this rule - 'Political Parties and Rewarding Party Unity'
> Each Political Party receives A$300. All Big Tents are destroyed.}}
> "
> 
> II.Create a new rule titled "Societies" which contains the following text:
> "
> A Society is a type of Organization.
> Society's may own A$, and Organization Powers. Societies may not own any
> other type of entity. Society's may receive A$ as a gift. If a Society
> receives a Trinket as a gift, then the trinket is deemed to have been
> destroyed for A$ just prior to the transfer. A Society may only transfer A$
> to the Treasury. [ this enables a Society to purchase powers, or transform
> itself into another type of Organization]
> {{All Player-Sanctioned Organization are transformed into Societies}} "
> 
> III. Amend R1003 "Organizations" to read in full:
> 
> " 1. Forming an Organization
> 
> Any player may publically anounce eir intent to form an Organization,
> unless e is a pseudo-Founder.
> When a player has done so e becomes a pseudo-Founder for a period of
> 7-days.
> If during those 7 days at least two additional players publically anounce
> that they wish to join the Organization the pseudo-Founder intends to form,
> and the pseudo-Founder agrees, then the pseudo-Founder forms the
> Organization by anouncing the Oranization's name, its type,pays the
> standard Harfer's Fee, and anounces the name of its members.
> The name must be a legal name, if a type of Organization is not specified
> than the Organization is of type Society.
> 
> Any player may request membership inan Organization. The Organization may
> then grant the request for membership as a public Action. When a request
> for membership is granted, the player becomes a member of the Organization.
> 
> An Organization may, as a public action, give a particular member the
> ability to grant any request for membership in that Organization, without
> waiting around for the consent of the rest of the members. An Organization
> may also, as a public action, establish an open admissions policy, which
> means that anyone can join that Organization at any time.
> 
> 2. Organization Disbandment
> 
> The rules may call for the disbandment of an Organization. When an
> Organization is disbanded, everything owned by the Organization is
> transferred to the Treasury, and the Organization is then no more.
> 
> 3. Very Small Organizations.
> Organizations that have fewer than three members are known as Very Small
> Organizations - or VSO. a VSO can only perform the following Organizational
> Actions:
> a. Accept new members
> b. Change membership policy
> c. Change its name
> Any attmpet on the part of a VSO to perform any other kind of Orgnizational
> Action fails.
> 
> 4. Organization Size
> 
> The Size of an Organization is the number of members it has. Terms such as
> 'larger' and 'smaller', when applied to Organizations, refer to the Sizes
> of the Organizations being compared. [For example, to say that one
> organization is larger than another is to say that it has more members.]
> 
> The Active Size of an Organization is the number of Active Players who are
> members of that Organization.
> 
> 5. Organization Similarity
> 
> For any two Organizations X and Y, orgsim(X, Y) is defined as the
> percentage of members of X who are also members of Y, except for the case
> where X and Y are the same, in which case it is defined to be 0.
> 
> The H Similarity between two Organizations, A and B, is the greater of
> orgsim(A, B) and orgsim(B, A).
> 
> The L Similarity between two Organizations, A and B, is the lesser of
> orgsim(A, B) and orgsim(B, A).
> 
> The M Similarity between two Organizations, A and B, is the average of
> orgsim(A, B) and orgsim(B, A).
> 
> 6. Player Liberty Clause
> 
> No player may become a member of an Organization without first expressing
> their consent to joining it. A player may leave an Organization of which he
> or she is a member at any time.
> 
> 7. Organizational Voting
> When an Organization is called on to vote, it has 7 days to conduct and
> publically report the results of the vote, and how each member voted,
> unless the rules call for a different amount of time. If everyone who is
> eligible to cast a vote in a given has done so, the results may be
> announced before the voting period ends. For the purposes of this rule, the
> composition of an Organization is taken to be its composition at the end of
> any voting or decision period.
> Acting members are considered to be members in place of the members they
> are acting for.
> 
> 8. Unique Organizations
> This section takes precedence over all rules concerning Unique
> Organizations, and all rules concerning Organizational Powers. It is
> impermissible for Unique Organizations to use Organizational Powers. If a
> Unique Organization comes to own an Organizational Power, by any means,
> then that Organizational Power has no effect on that Organization. Unique
> Organization membership is defined by the rules defining the Unique
> Organizations in question. If membership is not defined for a specific
> Unique Organization, then it has no members.
> 
> 9. Types of Organizations
> Other rules may define types of Organizations.
> A rule defining an Organization may define other membership requirements
> and restrictions. It is permissible for a ruel defining an Organization to
> add conditions under which an Organization may becoem a VSO, however, it
> not permissible for any other rule to allow an Organization with fewer than
> three members who are players to exist and not be a VSO.
> Rules may define Unique Organizations. Such rules also implicitly define
> the type of Organization.
> The rules may define ways for Organizations to transform from one type to
> another.
> When an Organization transforms from one type to another, then all the
> procedures that occur as a result of the disbandment of an Organization of
> the type it transforms from, and which do not occur as a result of
> disbandment of an Organization of the type it transforms to, are executed.
> Unless specifically restricted by other rules, an Organization of any type
> may transform its type as an Organization Action by anouncing that it
> transforming, the type it is transforming to, and paying standard Harfer's
> Fee. Other rules may specify higher fees for specific transformations.
> 
> "
> 
> IV.Amend R1008 "Organiztional Powers" by deleting the word "tradeable"
> 
> V. Create a new rule with the following text:
> "{{Every ORganization which owns a Trade License receives A$50. All Trade
> Licenses are destoryed. Repeal R1011 "Trade Licenses"}}
> 
> VI.Amend R1013 "Secret Laboratories" by appending the following text: "An
> Organization may own at most one Secret Laboratory"
> 
> VII.Amend section 1 of R1301 "Church" to read in full:"Church is a type of
> Organization"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 17:42:29 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2785

Proposal 2785
The Great Sphere Probe
Illusion (Andrew Stefanski)

Create a new rule with the following EXPLORATION-delimited text:

EXPLORATION

A new project is underway - The Great Hollow Sphere probe.  This probe is being 
constructed to determine the true source of light for Ackanomia.

Because of the strange physics of the area, if a probe had to travel toward the 
light source, it would never reach it, since no matter how far it traveled, it 
would always be at least two cat-heights away from the surface of the hollow 
sphere.

To get around this problem, the probe is being constructed in a large 
transportation device.  If the probe and device are ever fully constructed, the 
probe will be instantly teleported to the surface of the hollow sphere, right by 
the source of all Ackanomian light.  Since it is not travelling, but instantly 
appearing by the light source, it will reach it's goal.

The Probe project must be funded by donations from Ackanomia citizens.  Any 
player may, as a public action, donate any amount of A$ to the Probe project 
fund.  

When someone makes a donation which takes the total donations over A$5000, that 
person becomes Head of the Probe Project.  That person must publicly declare the 
launch of the probe within 7 days of beoming Head of the Probe Project.  They 
then have 7 days after the launch of the probe to publicly describe the probe's 
findings to all of Ackanomia.

After the findings of the Probe have been described, this rule will repeal 
itself.

EXPLORATION

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 17:44:22 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2786

Proposal 2786
This Would be Quite Unfair
The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)

This is a modest proposal.

Warning Contains: encourage {{[Perhaps this is a bit of a cheat. "Encouraged"
is in the rules several times over but not encourage. The rule for prolix
doesn't mention derivations though (perhaps wisely considering the problem
Hubert pointed out with my recent blueprint (There you go breadbox, you'd be
out of Alfvaen's treasure now anyway)). Still, I never did particularly like
Prolix. I'm not going turn down any points though (no matter how much I think
we ought to get rid of them).]}}

Modify rule 850 (Museum) by adding the following SALVADOR delimited text to
the end of section IX as a new paragraph:

SALVADOR
The security in the  Private Collection Room is much greater than that in the
rest of the museum so as to encourage players to allow their more valuable
objects to be put on display. For this reason it is impossible to steal
anything from the  Private Collection Room and any attempt to use an Otzma
Card of type Art Thief to steal an object there automatically fails. However,
the card is still used and the player is deemed to have been caught stealing.
This paragraph of this rule takes precedence over rule 1240.15
SALVADOR

{{[This stops people stealing things donated temporarily to the museum which
is of course a good thing since it might encourage people to actually use
this bit of rule. I might do myself if this proposal passes.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 17:45:36 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2787

Proposal 2787
Alchemy And Academe
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

This is a Modest proposal.

Amend Rule 850, "Museum", as follows:

Replace the sentence "This will fail if the player attempting it is not
at the Museum." with the following text(delimited by HELIX):

HELIX
If the player attempting it is not at the Museum, e first moves to the
Museum, and then the donation occurs.  If e is unable to move to the
Museum, then the attempt fails.
HELIX

{{ Transfer the trinket known as "a fine work of art" to the Museum, and
accredit its Benefactor Value to Bill the pirate king. }}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 17:48:07 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2788

Proposal 2788
I Thought We Only Ever Won Cycles
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

This is a Modest Proposal.

Amend Rule 611 by replacing the text:

"If anyone wins the game by this method then all cheeses are destroyed."
with
"If anyone wins a Cycle by this method then all cheeses are destroyed at
the end of that Cycle."

Amend Rule 666 by replacing:
"[see Rules 593 and 670]" with "[see Rules 593, 611 and 670]"
{{[These are the rules which specify other events to happen at end of
Cycle, besides those in the Rule 666 stuff.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 17:50:07 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2789

Proposal 2789
Organizational Reformation
Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)

{{[this is very similar to the proposal I recently retracted. There are
some differences. Organizations with fewer than three members are not
destroyed, they are simply restricted, not unlike Cults. Trade Licenses
are repealed. Parties become a type of Organization, Player-Sanctioned
organizations become Societies. The amendment to the Party rule now comes
topwise, as Slakko pointed out, this needs to be done before the
covnersion to Socieities. The kind of soft-binding that is the hall-mark
of the current system (aka the Mohamedan system) remains in the form of
transformations.  Powers are no longer tradable.
This reform may not address all the problems with the Organizational
framework. It addresses the problems that seemed the most significant
problems to me. I think this is exactly the kind of structure that allows
for growth and development.]}}

I.Amend R1009 "Big Tents and Rewarding Party Unity" to read in full: 
" A Political Party is a type of Organization. Being a member of more than
one Political Party simultaneously is the Crime of Branch-Stacking. At the
end of a proposal's voting period, but before votes on that proposal are
counted, if every active non-vacationing player member of a given
Political Party voted YES on that proposal, and no member of the Party is
also a member of some other Party, then the Political Party itself shall
cast an additional YES vote on that proposal for every three active
non-vacationing player members it has. 

Party membership and how players voted are determined based on the facts
in force at the end of the voting period for each proposal. 

A Political Party may own and Trade A$, Trinkets, and Organizational
Powers. Theu may not own any other type of Entity. 

The fee for transforming from a Society to a Party is A$300 

{{Rename this rule - 'Political Parties and Rewarding Party Unity'.
Every Organization which owns a Big Tent is transformed to a Political
Party, for a special transformation fee of A$0.
Each Political Party receives A$300. All Big Tents are destroyed.}} 
" 

II.Create a new rule titled "Societies" which contains the following text: 
" 
A Society is a type of Organization. 
Society's may own A$, and Organization Powers. Societies may not own any
other type of entity. Society's may receive A$ as a gift. If a Society
receives
a Trinket as a gift, then the trinket is deemed to have been destroyed for
A$ just prior to the transfer. A Society may only transfer A$ to the
Treasury. [ this
enables a Society to purchase powers, or transform itself into another
type of Organization] 
{{All Player-Sanctioned Organization are transformed into Societies}} 
" 

III. Amend R1003 "Organizations" to read in full: 

" 
1. Forming an Organization 

Any player may publically anounce eir intent to form an Organization,
unless e is a pseudo-Founder. 
When a player has done so e becomes a pseudo-Founder for a period of
7-days. 
If during those 7 days at least two additional players publically anounce
that they wish to join the Organization the pseudo-Founder intends to
form, and the pseudo-Founder agrees, then the pseudo-Founder forms the
Organization by anouncing the Oranization's name, its type,pays the
standard Harfer's Fee, and anounces the name of its members. 
The name must be a legal name, if a type of Organization is not specified
than the Organization is of type Society. 

Any player may request membership inan Organization. The Organization may
then grant the request for membership as a public Action. When a
request for membership is granted, the player becomes a member of the
Organization. 

An Organization may, as a public action, give a particular member the
ability to grant any request for membership in that Organization, without
waiting around for the consent of the rest of the members. An Organization
may also, as a public action, establish an open admissions policy, which
means that anyone can join that Organization at any time. 

2. Organization Disbandment 

The rules may call for the disbandment of an Organization. When an
Organization is disbanded, everything owned by the Organization is
transferred to the Treasury, and the Organization is then no more. 

3. Very Small Organizations.
Organizations that have fewer than three members are known as Very Small
Organizations - or VSO. a VSO can only perform the following
Organizational Actions:
 a. Accept new members
 b. Change membership policy
 c. Change its name
Any attmpet on the part of a VSO to perform any other kind of
Orgnizational Action fails.

4. Organization Size 

The Size of an Organization is the number of members it has. Terms such as
'larger' and 'smaller', when applied to Organizations, refer to the Sizes
of
the Organizations being compared. [For example, to say that one
organization is larger than another is to say that it has more members.] 

The Active Size of an Organization is the number of Active Players who are
members of that Organization. 

5. Organization Similarity 

For any two Organizations X and Y, orgsim(X, Y) is defined as the
percentage of members of X who are also members of Y, except for the case
where X
and Y are the same, in which case it is defined to be 0. 

The H Similarity between two Organizations, A and B, is the greater of
orgsim(A, B) and orgsim(B, A). 

The L Similarity between two Organizations, A and B, is the lesser of
orgsim(A, B) and orgsim(B, A). 

The M Similarity between two Organizations, A and B, is the average of
orgsim(A, B) and orgsim(B, A). 

6. Player Liberty Clause 

No player may become a member of an Organization without first expressing
their consent to joining it. A player may leave an Organization of which
he or
she is a member at any time. 

7. Organizational Voting 
When an Organization is called on to vote, it has 7 days to conduct and
publically report the results of the vote, and how each member voted,
unless the
rules call for a different amount of time. If everyone who is eligible to
cast a vote in a given has done so, the results may be announced before
the voting
period ends. For the purposes of this rule, the composition of an
Organization is taken to be its composition at the end of any voting or
decision period.
Acting members are considered to be members in place of the members they
are acting for. 

8. Unique Organizations 
This section takes precedence over all rules concerning Unique
Organizations, and all rules concerning Organizational Powers. 
It is impermissible for Unique Organizations to use Organizational Powers. 
If a Unique Organization comes to own an Organizational Power, by any
means, then that Organizational Power has no effect on that Organization.
Unique Organization membership is defined by the rules defining the Unique
Organizations in question. If membership is not defined for a specific
Unique
Organization, then it has no members. 

9. Types of Organizations 
Other rules may define types of Organizations. 
A rule defining an Organization may define other membership requirements
and restrictions. It is permissible for a ruel defining an Organization to
add conditions under which an Organization may becoem a VSO, however, it
not permissible for any other rule to allow an Organization with fewer
than three members who are players to exist and not be a VSO.
Rules may define Unique Organizations. Such rules also implicitly define
the type of Organization. 
The rules may define ways for Organizations to transform from one type to
another. 
When an Organization transforms from one type to another, then all the
procedures that occur as a result of the disbandment of an Organization of
the
type it transforms from, and which do not occur as a result of disbandment
of an Organization of the type it transforms to, are executed. Unless
specifically restricted by other rules, an Organization of any type may
transform its type as an Organization Action by anouncing that it
transforming, the
type it is transforming to, and paying standard Harfer's Fee. Other rules
may specify higher fees for specific transformations. 

" 

IV.Amend R1008 "Organiztional Powers" by deleting the word "tradeable" 

V. Create a new rule with the following text: 
"{{Every ORganization which owns a Trade License receives A$50. All Trade
Licenses are destoryed. Repeal R1011 "Trade Licenses"}} 

VI.Amend R1013 "Secret Laboratories" by appending the following text: "An
Organization may own at most one Secret Laboratory" 

VII.Amend section 1 of R1301 "Church" to read in full:"Church is a type
of Organization"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 17:53:54 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2790

Proposal 2790
No cigar
K 2 (Kelly Kelly)

Create a rule numbered 920 Tiltled "No Cigar" with the following TRITE
delimited text:

TRITE
[tell] If nine [ma ta] proposals [etna is] in a row [at] are [fool lid]
accepted [ibis rid] and [on a] the [no] next [I ta] proposal [etna] is
[in] not [fool lid] accepted [ibis a] the player [rum ah] who [a rat]
authored [nob en] it [no] shall [ah no] be abducted [ibis to] by [of]
Sinister [alcohol] Aliens [em rid] and [on] placed [oca] on [e] Kansas.

[so as ackee we no eh ta sign I rudder no it a col riever foy fido mim
ton yam e for eve wo hi as ackee we no garret fa em oh riever foy bot
den rut er ebon hall I we].

E will [ah no] be returned to [by of rev] eir home after [rag] one week,
[casa I] however, [of] e may not [mi] modify [of rev] eir location [red]
during [is a] the [one] week.

[casa ossa snake no a codec alp nod nadir mesne I la lo ho clarets in is
foy bot si bidet cud ba ebon hallah son tine bonder oh tuatara oh wha
murrey alp eh ta si bidet peccadillo of ton nisi an tela sop or pat it
xenon eh ta nod nadir si bidet peccadillo of era taw or a nisi an tesla
sop or pat amen in fillet ]
TRITE

{{[ For those of you who are champing at the bit to submit agenda hats,
this proposal will speed up the process ;) ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 17:54:44 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2791

Proposal 2791
Gabriel's Fire
Hubert (Eric Plumb)

Create a new Rule as a member of the Ackanomic Sound System Rule Suite
with the title "ASS Song: Digging in the Dirt" and the following
HEAL-delimited text:

HEAL
Title: Digging In The Dirt

Artist: Peter Gabriel

Trigger: Within the past two Acka days, at least five active or non-voting
players have posted a message containing the text "Let's go digging in the
dirt, to find the places we got hurt." to a public forum, and no
Expedition has occurred within the past 60 Acka days.

Duration: Until the Expedition created is either over or has been
disbanded.

Effect: An infinitesimal amount of time after this song begins to play, an
Expedition as described in Rule 1217, "Buried Treasure!" is considered to
have been announced.  This Expedition must pertain to all the rules and
regulations described in Rule 1217 section IV except as described in this
Rule.  The Archaeologist does not have to be a member of this Expedition,
but should e choose to join, e need not pay the A$40 fee.  Whether e joins
or not, e may announce a set of Treasures which, although they fit the
criteria for being Historical Artefacts, are not considered as such for
purposes of this Expedition.  The Expedition then commences as described
in Rule 1217, section IV.

This rule has precedence over Rule 1217, "Buried Treasure," where there is
a conflict.
HEAL

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 17:56:19 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2792

Proposal 2792
Ackanomic Stoned Ages, Take II
Hubert (Eric Plumb)

[ I tried to simplify this up a bit; hopefully it'll get more support this
time 'round. ]

Create a new Rule numbered 1145 with the title "Rainy Day Women #12 &
#35", and the following text, delimited by HOW DOES IT FEEL:

HOW DOES IT FEEL
A player shall become Stoned if e states publicly, "Man, I'm stoned."
Other rules may define other ways in which players become Stoned.

While a player is Stoned, all public messages posted by them, except posts
made as a Duty of an Office, must contain at least one line, sentence,
paragraph or phrase of 7 words or more, cited as described in Rule 210
[Literature] that fulfils one or more of the following three conditions:

a) It contains one or more instances of some form of the word "stone."
b) It is from a work whose title contains one or more instances of some
form of the word "stone."
c) The artist cited is the Rolling Stones.

If a player, while Stoned, posts a message which fails to fulfil these
conditions, any other player may call a Stoning on em.  A Stoning is a
Hearing.  It is also an Extremely Silly Matter.  The valid responses to a
Stoning are "No, I live in a glass house.  Plus I'm not without sin." and
"But e *did* say Jehovah."

If the verdict is "No, I live in a glass house.  Plus I'm not without
sin." the player upon whom the Stoning was called is no longer Stoned.  In
this case, the player who called the Stoning must publically post an
apology of at least 15 lines to the player against whom the Stoning was
called, and thereafter becomes Square. 

If the verdict is "But e *did* say Jehovah." the player on whom the
Stoning was called becomes Martyred.  A new I Got Stoned For Your Sins And
All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt is created in eir possession, and e must,
within 3 days, post to a public forum a rhyming poem of at least 20 lines
in which e describes eir Stoning.

A Stoned player is also encouraged, but not required, to misspell words,
slur eir speech, publicly request food (which should be referred to as
"munchies"), and digress onto many irrelevant tangents dealing with
inconsequential trivialities [e.g. "Do you realize that this post -- THIS
POST -- consists of BILLIONS and BILLIONS of electrons?!??!!  Hey, neat, I
sound like Carl Sagan.  Except he's dead..." etc.] in all public postings.

A Stoned player shall no longer be Stoned if any one of the following
three conditions becomes true:

d) Exactly one Acka week has passed since e first became Stoned.
e) E publicly posts a message in which four consecutive paragraphs, of two
or more sentences each, begin respectively with the words 'Everybody',
'Must', 'Get', and 'Stoned', exclusive of all quotation marks.
f) E frinks Goldenseal, should such a beverage exist.

Other rules may define other ways in which players may cease being Stoned.
HOW DOES IT FEEL

Create a new Rule numbered 935 and entitled "Souvenirs" with the following
HANES-delimited text:

HANES
There exist nontradeable garments each known as an I Got Stoned For
Your Sins And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt (hereafter T-Shirt).  Any
player wearing a T-Shirt can never have a Stoning called against em,
and may ignore all effects of being Stoned if e so chooses.  This
paragraph of this Rule takes precedence over Rule 1145, "Rainy Day Women
#12 & #35."
HANES

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 17:58:40 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2793

Proposal 2793
Agenda Menda
Hubert (Eric Plumb)

[ I'm not quite sure if two-star and Alfvaen ever got around to
collaborating on the Agenda Submissions, but if not, this should allow
Alfvaen to call for a new set. ]

Replace the first sentence of the third paragraph of Rule 431, "Office of
the Illuminatus," with the following FJORD-delimited text:

FJORD
The Illuminatus shall announce a call for Agenda Condition submissions if,
for any reason, the player currently holding the office of Illuminatus has 
announced no such call during the current cycle.
FJORD

[ True, this could lead to players trying to impeach the Illuminatus in
order to get a whole new batch of Agenda Hats, but I hope Ackans have more
integrity than that. ]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 18:00:50 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Correction

Proposal 2780's "voting results" were released in error, since that
proposal had been retracted. We apologize for the confusion.

breadbox

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #31
********************************