Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #21
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest      Monday, February 23 1998      Volume 03 : Number 021

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 12:58:07 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2723 accepted

Results of Proposal 2723

19/26 votes: Quorum achieved
12/16 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
Guy Fawkes
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
Fortunato            (SPAM)
Slagothor            (Boomerangs)
Slakko               (SPAM)
K 2
Hoover 2300
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
Goldenmean           (Boomerangs)
Veal Fan             (MetaMorph)
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
Wild Card                               [Wild Card is no longer pending]

    NO:
rufus                (SPAM)
Illusion
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)

    PRESENT:
Malenkai             (Vulcan)
Enigma
breadbox

    ABSTAINED:
two-star             (MetaMorph)
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
Balsamic Dragon      (SPAM)
else...if            (Klingon)
ThinMan              (Vulcan)
Red Barn
Crackfoo             (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
Michael Wren
Bill the pirate king (Boomerangs)

    PENDING:
Device

> Proposal 2723 - Sun 15 Feb 1998 16:39 EST
> Protection Against Perilous Polyprophetism
> Guy Fawkes (Robert Shimmin)
> 
> {{[ With retractions, it is possible that we might end up with _different_
> lists both being completely correct.
> 
> Also, this covers the possibility that there are no proposals up for voting
> on the day after the Solstice. ]}}
> 
> Replace the second paragraph of Rule 1304 with the following NI! -
> delimited text:
> 
> NI!
> If exactly one player's predictions are all correct, then it is said that
> the Great Power of the Universe is now inhabiting him and he is
> Transfigured. That player also becomes the new True Prophet. There can only
> be one True Prophet. The True Prophet gets an Indiana Jones Staff if he
> does not already have one. The Indiana Jones Staff is yea high. A Player
> may have at most one Indiana Jones Staff. It may not be traded, exchanged
> or otherwise manipulated except by this rule.
> 
> If multiple players' predictions are all correct, all such players are
> referred to as Proto-prophets, and a Great Schism begins and shall last for
> three days. During the Great Schism, players may sacrifice any Trinket they
> own on behalf of any Proto-prophet. This is accomplished as a public action
> by specifying which Trinket they are sacrificing and which Proto-prophet
> they are sacrificing it on behalf of. Any Sacrificed Trinket is destroyed
> -- its value in A$ in created in the Treasury, not in the sacrificing
> player's possession. At the end of the Great Schism, the Proto-prophet on
> whose behalf the Trinkets with the greatest combined value were sacrificed
> becomes True Prophet as per the preceding paragraph. If a tie remains, the
> True Prophet shall be determined by random selection, and the loser(s) may
> claim the title False Prophet. Whenever the True Prophet makes a
> prediction, all False Prophets should attempt to make a prediction that is
> even gloomier than the True Prophet's.
> 
> If no proposals' voting periods expire on the day after Solstice Day, or if
> no player correctly predicts the acceptance or rejection of all such
> proposals, all Prophets, True and False, are stripped of their titles and
> any accoutrements of Prophecy (such as Indiana Jones Staves) are destroyed.
> It is rumored that at such a time, all the gloomy prophecies shall come to
> pass.

NI!

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 13:01:30 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2738

Proposal 2738
Don't punish the harfy
The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)

This is a modest proposal.

Modify rule 207 section three my adding the following to the end of the
first paragraph:

"The exception to the above is that if a harfy proposal passes then no
players shall receive points for voting against it."

And in the same section of the same rule, add the following to the end of
the second paragraph:

"The exception to this is that no player loses any points as a result of
having a harfy proposal rejected."

{{[This should help us get more harf around. Some of snowgod's proposals
were very harfy but didn't stand a chance of passing. Why should we
punish people for proposing these? Really, we want to encourage them.
Whilst it's something I'd like to see, I somehow doubt I'd be able to get
enough support to eliminate points altogether. If this passes people will
be able to submit harfy proposals without fear of loosing points for
having them rejected.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 13:02:41 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2739

Proposal 2739
Lawyers
The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)

Create a new rule numbered 432 entitled Lawyers reading as follows
(delimited by SOLICITOR):

SOLICITOR
There exists the political office of lawyer with two seats. The
President, Speaker, Praetor and Justices are never eligible to hold the
position of lawyer. Whenever a player is allowed to submit reasoning in a
CFJ, criminal or otherwise, e may instead pay A$10 to a lawyer and have
the lawyer submit reasoning instead. The lawyer may advise the player
that eir case is futile, but if the player wishes to go ahead with the
case the lawyer must accept and try to represent the player's beliefs to
the best of eir ability.

A lawyer may never be selected as a judge for a CFJ e has provided
reasoning for. If e has already been selected as a judge and someone asks
em to provide reasoning for em then e may either decline judgement or
decline to act as a lawyer for the player. This is the only instance in
which e may do the latter.
SOLICITOR

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 13:03:44 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Propsal 2740

Proposal 2740
Addadictomy
Veal Fan (Aaron Humphrey)

Warning Contains: lexicon

Create a new rule, numbered 346, titled "The Ackanomic Lexicon", with
text as follows(delimited by RUPAUL):
RUPAUL
There exists a document called the Ackanomic Lexicon, which contains
a list of words which are considered to be in the Official Dictionary,
in addition to any other words that other Rules may specify to be there.

The Ackanomic Lexicon may only be modified by use of Proposals, and no
player may be considered to "control" the Lexicon, although it may be
the duty of one or more players to maintain an copy of it.

{{
The Ackanomic Lexicon initially consists of the following words:

frink
frinks
frinking
guberniya
harf
harfed
harfer
harfs
harfy
}}
RUPAUL

{{[ What is the past tense of "frink", anyway?  "frinked" or "frank"? ]}}

Amend Rule 430, "Spelling Exchequer", to replace the second paragraph of
Section I. with the following text(delimited by ELTON):

ELTON
Another Duty of the Office of Spelling Exchequer is to select one or
more links to on-line Dictionaries of the English language, as well as
to maintain a copy the Ackanomic Lexicon and make it accessible to
players upon request.  The term "Official Dictionary", as used elsewhere
in the Rules, shall be construed to mean the union of these Dictionaries
and the Lexicon.
ELTON

Amend Rule 407, "Web-Harfer", to insert the text ", and the Ackanomic
Lexicon, " before "when the Office of Spelling Exchequer is not filled."

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 13:05:58 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2741

Proposal 2741
White Collar Crime
Veal Fan (Aaron Humphrey)

This is a Modest proposal.

Amend Rule 705, "The Caped Crusader", as follows:

Replace the following text(delimited by SLACKMEYER):

SLACKMEYER
   If a CFCJ naming the Caped Crusader as having committed a Crime comes
   back with a TRUE verdict, and it is no longer possible to appeal that
   CFCJ, then the Caped Crusader is immediately removed from office. The
   Caped Crusader is penalized 10 points, in addition to any other
   penalties imposed by the CFCJ, and is given the title of Super
   Villain. A player with the title of Super Villain may never hold the
   position of Caped Crusader, or be appointed Boy Wonder.
SLACKMEYER

with the following text(delimited by CZAR):

CZAR
   If a CFCJ naming the Caped Crusader as having committed a Crime comes
   back with a TRUE verdict, and it is no longer possible to appeal that
   CFCJ, then the Caped Crusader is immediately removed from office. The
   Caped Crusader is penalized 10 points, in addition to any other
   penalties imposed by the CFCJ, and is given the title of Super
   Villain.

   If the Caped Crusader should ever be found in Contempt, Guilty of
   Patent Infringement, have created a Forgery, pollute the Ackanomian
   river, be caught stealing from the Museum, be impeached from office,
   or resign while an IP is pending against em, then e shall be removed
   from office(if e still holds the Office, of course), be penalized 5
   points, in addition to any other penalties, and be given the title
   of Evil Mastermind.

   A player with the title of Super Villain or Evil Mastermind may never
   hold the position of Caped Crusader, or be appointed Boy Wonder.
CZAR

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #21
********************************