Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #17
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest     Tuesday, February 17 1998     Volume 03 : Number 017

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:10:45 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2729

Proposal 2729
Spin Cycle
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

{{[ This might defang Tornados a bit.  At the moment they seem almost
a _wee_ bit too powerful.  And certainly it can't be much fun for the
Chess-Umpire to have to figure out who's in Check whenever a Tornado's
on the board... :-) ]}}

Amend Rule 1203.19, "Creation of a PartyChessPiece Tornado", as follows:

Amend Section 4.c), by replacing "move up to M squares" with "move up
to M-K squares", and inserting the following text(delimited by BOUNCE)
just before the final period of that section:

BOUNCE
, and K is the number of the current move segment less one(so that on
the second segment of its move, the Tornado can move M-1, on the third
M-2, etc., for whatever the value of M is for that segment).  If the
value of M-K is zero or less, then the Tornado's move ends.
BOUNCE

{{[ Thus, the Tornado will lose momentum as it goes forward, so it won't
be able to capture _every_ piece on the board... ]}}

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #17
********************************