Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #14
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest     Saturday, February 14 1998     Volume 03 : Number 014

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 22:25:20 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2719

Proposal 2719
Infinite Monkeys Take No Space
Calvin N Hobbes (Thierry Joffrain)

{{ This is a modest proposal.

Amend the first paragraph of R1130 to read:

"The Ackanomic Printing Guild exists. It is a Common Location. Fortunately,
it is built on an area of land where the Ancient had experiemented with
their famous Space-Time Compressor, allowing an infinite volume to exist at
that location. It is a Puny Building. It can be found next to the Library." 

Amend R1130 to add the following line at the end of the second paragraph:

"All thanks to the wonders of the Ancients!"

[ If we are going to fit an infinite number of Monkeys in an extravagant
building, we might as well fit them in a puny one and save the space. That
will ensure the prime real estate around the Library that seems to be in so
much demand stays available. Besides, a cool new myth about the Ancient is a
good way to explain how it all works ] }}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 22:27:22 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2720

Proposal 2720
Spin Cycle
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

{{[ This might defang Tornados a bit.  At the moment they seem almost
a _wee_ bit too powerful.  And certainly it can't be much fun for the
Chess-Umpire to have to figure out who's in Check whenever a Tornado's
on the board... :-) ]}}

Amend Rule 1203.19, "Creation of a PartyChessPiece Tornado", as follows:

Amend Section 4.c), by replacing "move up to M squares" with "move up
to M-K squares", and inserting the following text(delimited by BOUNCE)
just before the final period of that section:

BOUNCE
, and K is the number of the current move segment less one(so that on
the second segment of its move, the Tornado can move M-1, on the third
M-2, etc., for whatever the value of M is for that segment).
BOUNCE

{{[ Thus, the Tornado will lose momentum as it goes forward, so it won't
be able to capture _every_ piece on the board... ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 22:29:20 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2721

Proposal 2721
Two Free Cycle Wins for No Particularly Good Reason
The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)

This is a modest proposal.

{{All players who have won an infinite number of times in any other nomic
gain one cycle win. These are done one after the other, with the
qualifying player with the name latest in alphabetical order being the
first, then all others in reverse alphabetical order. Each win occur
precisely 2.578463 seconds after the previous one.

[Well, K 2 said e liked it, and I'm sure I have Slakko's support. Now all
I need is for half the populace of Acka to anti-vote :-)]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 22:30:32 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2722

Proposal 2722
The Oldest Rule in the Book
breadbox (Brian Raiter)

All persons more than a mile high to leave the court.

{{Renumber this rule to 42.}}

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #14
********************************