Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #278
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest      Monday, February 9 1998      Volume 03 : Number 278

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 14:34:30 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2682 accepted

Results of Proposal 2682

20/25 votes: Quorum achieved
12/19 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
Fortunato            (SPAM)
Slakko               (SPAM)
else...if            (Klingon)
K 2
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
Goldenmean           (Boomerangs)
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
Slagothor            (Boomerangs)
Hoover 2300
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
Guy Fawkes
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)

    NO:
Malenkai             (Vulcan)
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
breadbox
Balsamic Dragon      (SPAM)
Illusion
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
rufus                (SPAM)

    PRESENT:
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)

    ABSTAINED:
Bill the pirate king (Boomerangs)
Red Barn
ThinMan              (Vulcan)
two-star             (MetaMorph)
Crackfoo             (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
Michael Wren

    PENDING:
Device

> Proposal 2682 - Mon 02 Feb 1998 04:26 EST
> The Chocolate Frog
> else...if (Henry Towsner)
> 
> Create a rule named "The Chocolate Frog", reading as follows:
> "
> There is an named, ownable entity known as the Chocolate Frog. It is a
> small, golden statue in the shape of a lawnmower. It is the most valued
> posession in all Acka. Whoever owns it is known as The First Citizen. On
> the eleventh of each month, the Officer in Charge of Random Things will
> select an active player at random to recieve the Chocolate Frog, and it
> will be transferred to that player.
> 
> Any players who vote against a proposal made by the First Citizen will
> recieve no points for anti-voting. Any player who publicly insults the
> First Citizen will be guilty of the Crime of Disrespect.
> "

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 14:40:09 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2683 accepted

Results of Proposal 2683

20/25 votes: Quorum achieved
19/22 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
Fortunato            (SPAM)
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
Slakko               (SPAM)
else...if            (Klingon)
Malenkai             (Vulcan)
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
K 2
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
Balsamic Dragon      (SPAM)
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
Slagothor            (Boomerangs)
Illusion
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
rufus                (SPAM)
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
breadbox
SPAM Unity Vote
Klingon Unity Vote

    NO:
Goldenmean           (Boomerangs)
Hoover 2300
Guy Fawkes

    PRESENT:

    ABSTAINED:
Bill the pirate king (Boomerangs)
Red Barn
ThinMan              (Vulcan)
two-star             (MetaMorph)
Crackfoo             (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
Michael Wren

    PENDING:
Device

> Proposal 2683 - Mon 02 Feb 1998 04:27 EST
> Just doing my job
> Vynd (John McCoy)
> 
> {{[This proposal will eliminate some archaic language from the CSSR Rule.
> More importantly, it creates a seperate Rule defining CSRs and how they
> function, which should clear up how CSRs not issued by the CSSR are
> handled.]}}
> 
> Renumber Rule 421 Office of Common Sense, Redundancy, and Redundancy to
> 421.1
> 
> Amend Rule 421.1 in the following PATCH delimited manner.
> 
> PATCH
> 
> Delete sections b through d.
> 
> Delete the first occurance of (a) from the first paragraph. Then add the
> following to the end of that paragraph: The purpose of the CSSR is to
> correct the Rules where they are redundant, do not make sense, do not
> conform _in fact_ to their interpretation in game custom, or are redundant.
> Other functions may be assigned to this office by the Rules.
> 
> Add the following paragraph to the end of Rule 421.1: It is a privilige of
> the Office of CSSR to author Common Sense Reports in accordance with the
> Rules on said Reports.
> 
> PATCH
> 
> Create a new Rule 421.2 entitled Common Sense Reports, with the following
> RSC delimited text.
> 
> RSC
> A Common Sense Report (CSR) is a list of suggested changes to the Rules,
> but is not a proposal. A CSR may only be authored by someone given explicit
> permission to do so by the Rules. Other Rules may restrict the possible
> contents of a CSR authored by a given player, and nothing issued by that
> player is considered a CSR unless it follows these restrictions.
> 
> Whenever a player authors a CSR, he must assign it a unique number and
> distribute it publicly. After it has been distributed, any player may
> publicly object to that CSR. 3 days after it has been distributed, the
> changes described in a CSR are enacted, unless 2 or more players objected
> to the CSR within those 3 days. The author of the CSR shall publicly
> announce the fact of its enaction, or failure.
> RSC

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 14:43:53 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2684 accepted

Results of Proposal 2684

20/25 votes: Quorum achieved
21/21 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
Fortunato            (SPAM)
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
Slakko               (SPAM)
else...if            (Klingon)
Malenkai             (Vulcan)
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
K 2
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
Balsamic Dragon      (SPAM)
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
Slagothor            (Boomerangs)
Hoover 2300
Illusion
breadbox
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
Guy Fawkes
rufus                (SPAM)
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
SPAM Unity Vote
Klingon Unity Vote

    NO:

    PRESENT:
Goldenmean           (Boomerangs)

    ABSTAINED:
Bill the pirate king (Boomerangs)
Red Barn
ThinMan              (Vulcan)
two-star             (MetaMorph)
Crackfoo             (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
Michael Wren

    PENDING:
Device

> Proposal 2684 - Mon 02 Feb 1998 07:12 EST
> Harfing That Entity ...
> breadbox (Brian Raiter)
> 
> This is a Modest Proposal.
> 
> {{[This proposal gives the Rule-Harfer the right to submit renumbering
> CSRs, and removes the equivalent privilege from the Tabulator. That
> privilege is really sort of a hack, which I proposed before the Rule-Harfer
> Office existed. It also has small potential for abuse, since the effect of
> a rule can be altered by its number. (For example, assigning a rule the
> number 102.1 would give it precedence over the retroactivity ban, which
> might have surprising consequences if the rule wasn't worded well.) Since
> the Tabulator doesn't need approval from anyone to assign a number, players
> could, in theory, find that they have accepted something other than what
> they actually voted for. A CSR is the right way to do this.]}}
> 
> I. Modify Rule 408 ("Tabulator and Count Tabula") by deleting the paragraph
> that currently reads:
> 
> b) To assign rule numbers to rules created by proposals. The Tabulator is
> only permitted to do this when the new rule is not already assigned a
> number by the rules. To exercise this privilege, the Tabulator must
> announce the number in the same public message wherein e reports the voting
> results for that proposal. The assignment of rule number to new rule must
> be specified unambiguously, and e may not assign a rule number that the new
> rule would not be allowed to have normally. [In other words, the rule
> number must be one that the proposal would have been allowed to give the
> rule anyway.]
> 
> II. Modify Rule 303 ("Proposal and Rule Numbering") by deleting the
> paragraph that currently reads:
> 
> 3. Otherwise, if the Tabulator legally exercises eir privilege to give the
> rule a number, then the new rule uses that number.
> 
> III. Modify Rule 303 ("Proposal and Rule Numbering" again) by renumbering
> paragraph II.4 to become 3.
> 
> IV. Modify Rule 407.1 ("Rule-Harfer") by inserting the following text
> before the last paragraph:
> 
> d) To submit Common Sense Reports (CSRs) which only affect rule numbers and
> rule number references in the rules.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 14:44:16 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2685 accepted

Results of Proposal 2685

20/25 votes: Quorum achieved
20/21 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
Fortunato            (SPAM)
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
Slakko               (SPAM)
else...if            (Klingon)
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
K 2
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
Balsamic Dragon      (SPAM)
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
Slagothor            (Boomerangs)
Hoover 2300
Illusion
breadbox
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
Guy Fawkes
rufus                (SPAM)
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
SPAM Unity Vote
Klingon Unity Vote

    NO:
Malenkai             (Vulcan)

    PRESENT:
Goldenmean           (Boomerangs)

    ABSTAINED:
Bill the pirate king (Boomerangs)
Red Barn
ThinMan              (Vulcan)
two-star             (MetaMorph)
Crackfoo             (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
Michael Wren

    PENDING:
Device

> Proposal 2685 - Mon 02 Feb 1998 07:13 EST
> ... Consisting of All Rule Numbers
> breadbox (Brian Raiter)
> 
> This is a Modest Proposal.
> 
> {{[This is a continuation of my previous proposal. Currently the Speaker
> also has the power to issue renumbering CSRs. Malenkai did this following
> his Re-Org II. Players hadn't gotten used to having an organized ruleset
> yet (what a concept), and were still making new rules without sensible
> numbers. That isn't much of a concern anymore, and having this privilege
> given to the Speaker seems to be a bit out of place. I put this in a
> separate proposal, however, because it is something of a separate issue,
> and I don't want objection to this to kill the main idea. Malenkai often
> objected to robbing the Speaker of any of the pitifully few privileges the
> Office has.]}}
> 
> Modify Rule 405 ("Speaker") by deleting the paragraph that currently reads:
> 
> (ix) It is a privilege of the Speaker to submit Common Sense Reports
> (CSRs), provided that the game effect(s) of the CSR, should it be accepted,
> is limited to the renumbering of rules and the fixing of rule number
> references in the rules. The CSR is distributed, and accepted or rejected
> as described in the rules for CSRs.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 15:13:47 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2709

Proposal 2709
Special Move Groundwork
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

{{[The aim of this proposal is to enable pieces to have Special Moves,
which are restricted through players not having access to the necessary
benefyts.]}}

{{Destroy all Benefyts.}}
{{Create 3 Benefyts in the possession of each player currently holding a
Swinger's Office.}}

Amend Section 4 of Rule 1044 by relabelling subsection e as d, and
inserting the following text immediately after subsection c:

"d.  A player may convert 10 Swingpoints into 1 Benefyt.  Benefyts are
tradeable entities."

Amend subsection e of Section 4 of Rule 1044 by replacing all instances of
"(c)" with "(d)".

Amend Rule 1230.2 by relabelling subsections D and E of Part 6 to 
E and F respectively, and then inserting the following text immediately
after subsection C of Part 6:

"D. Special - The Swinger spends one Benefyt and performs the Special Move
for one of eir on-board pieces as defined by the PartyChessPieceDef rule
defining that piece.  This Atomic Play cannot be used by a Swinger who
owns no Benefyts."

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 15:15:48 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2710

Proposal 2710
More contrivance
The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)

Modify rule 719 (Zuriti'ili) by adding the following ALLER A LA PECHE
delimited text to the end:

ALLER A LA PECHE 
If at any time a player believes that the Zuriti'ili guidelines have grown
too contrived and the potential for the use of this rule is severely
limited by them, then e may call a Zuriti'ili hearing, for which e shall be
the hearing harfer. The following are valid responses to a Zuriti'ili
hearing.

"Nothing else can accurately describe Zuriti'ili!"
or
"There's plenty of life in this one yet!"

If the result is the latter then there are no further effects. If the
result is the former then all current Zuriti'ili guidelines are overturned
and no longer have an effect on future Zuriti'ili CFCJs.
ALLER A LA PECHE 

{{[The current Zuriti'ili guidelines seem too contrived to me, especially
the one about prime number of times committed. In all my time in Acka, I've
only ever seen this rule used once, and that was by myself. If it became
possible to reset the guidelines then I could see this rule being used
more.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 23:13:50 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2711

Proposal 2711
Self-organization system
else...if (Henry Towsner)

{{[This is it.  Finally, I have completed it.  After three
retractions, it's ready.  I present: the elsifian organization system.  (I
needed an adjective, and else...if doesn't lend itself well to adjectives.)
	This is my proposal for a system to replace orgs.  This comment is
both an explanation of the system, and a response to major criticisms.
This eliminates old style Organizations.  They are replaced with three
structures: Churches, which are almost identical to old Churches,
Corporations, which are like an org with a trade license, and Political
Parties.  A Political Party is virtually identical to an old Political
Party.  It can't own things, but otherwise the differences are just moving
things around, and no more Powers.  A Church is the same, except that I
adjusted the way Cults are phrased.  No practical differences.
Corporations are basically like an org, being able to own things and trade
them, but they have proportional membership.  Instead of either being a
member or not being, a player owns shares.  It requires 50% of the shares
to support certain actions, 80% for others (mostly things which give away
properties, to prevent ownign 50% from being enough to rob the corp.)
Also, they pay a small tax on many transactions.  (To Vynd and others: I
eliminated Bonus Votes for Corps.)

	I am aware that this de-modularizes the org system.  I feel that
this allows us to create structures which are more flexible.  For example,
Churches had almost nothing in common with other orgs, but were grouped in
with them anyway.  Orgs which didn't own a trade license and were'nt
political parties could do almost nothing, and are handled informally under
this system.  Orgs with trade licenses are spun off into a structure I
consider more interesting, and which I feel is more flexible without
containing any (obvious) pitfalls.  This leaves only Political Parties, and
there is no reason to create a multi-tiered structure when a single-tiered
one will do.  I hope that you will agree with me and support this proposal.
]}}

	{{Replace all instances of the word "rule-sanctioned organizations"
in the rules with "organization" except in rule 1003}}
	Create a Rule numbered 1001 and entitled Organizations reading as
follows:
Organizations are unownable, named entities.

No player may become a member of an Organization without first expressing
their consent to joining it. A player may leave an Organization of which he
or she is a member at any time.

When an Organization is called on to vote, it has 7 days to conduct and
publically report the results of the vote, and how each member voted,
unless the rules call for a different amount of time. If everyone who is
eligible to cast a vote in a given has done so, the results may be
announced before the voting period ends. For the purposes of this rule, the
composition of an Organization is taken to be its composition at the end of
any voting or decision period. Acting members are considered to be members
in place of the members they are acting for. "

Create a rule numbered 1002 and entitled Corporations, delimited by BIG.
Include the text which is in parenthasies if and only if proposal 2705
passed.
BIG
a: Corporations are named, unownable entities.  Corporations may own only
tradeable and gift items.

b: Any Player may form a new Corporation by announcing its name publicly
and paying the standard Harfer Fee. Its name must be a legal name. When
this happens the player recieves 100 shares in the new Corporation, and the
Corporation will have a null charter.

c: Corporations may only perform actions as specified in the rules.  There
are two types of Corporate actions, privilaged and normal.  A Corporation,
as an action may offer, accept, or refuse the transfer of any entity.  As
an action it may give gift items to any entity capable of recieving them.
As an action it may use any Corporate Equipment it owns.  As an action it
may express approval for a suggestion or make suggestion to any Corporation
it owns at least one share in.  As an action it may change its name to
another legal name if it owns at least the standard harfer fee.  As an
action it may declare bankruptcy or change its charter.  (As an action it
may bury a treasure.) All of these are normal actions except for offering
or giving entities, changing its charter, and declaring bankruptcy, which
are all privileged.  When a Corporation changes its name it pays the
Standard Harfer Fee.

d: Any time a Corporation gives or recieves a gift item with a value in A$
specified in the rules, it pays a tax to the treasury of 1% in A$ of the
value of the transfer, rounded up.  As long as a Corporation has a negative
amount of money, it may not perform any action which would require it to
pay a tax except for recieving A$.  Corporations pay a fee of A$1 per share
for each share the give or recieve in a Corporation other than themself.
Each Corporation is taxed at the end of each cycle as if were a player.

e: In order for a Corporation to perform an action, it must be suggested by
a player as a public action.  Players support the action by publicly
announcing their support, and specifying exactly what suggestion they're
supporting.  A normal action occurs when players and Corporations owning
more than half of the shares not owned by the Treasury or by itself support
the action, a privilaged action when 80% support it.  A player may proxy
their support to a Corporation, in which case when a suggestion is made
they will automatically support it without needing to post a message.

f: When a Corporation declares bankruptcy or is otherwise destroyed, its
properties are distributed as specified in the charter.  Properties given
away in accordance to the charter are not taxed.  Any properties not
accounted for in the charter are given to the Treasury.  If the corporation
has a null charter when it is destoryed, than all its properties are given
to the treasury.

g: Every Corporation has a charter.  The charter describes how an
Corporation's properties are to be distributed in the event that the
Corporation ceases to be for any reason.  It can do nothing else.

(h: When a Corporation buries treasure, each shareholder which is also a
player is considered a Map Custodian for that treasure, and must have a
copy of the Map. [The Map itself may be created in any way the members of
the Organization wish among themselves.]  Otherwise, the procedure is
exactly the same as for a player. It is possible for Corporation to achieve
the conditions for a Treasure Map [though of course only if the Map
includes this possibility]. If so, then the procedure is identical to that
when a Player finds a Treasure.)
BIG

Create a rule  numbered 1009 and entitled Shares, delimited by BUSINESS
BUSINESS
Shares are nameless, tradeable entities which may only be created as
specified in the rules.  Shares must be associated with exactly one
Corporation.  A Corporation may never own more than 20% of the shares in a
corporation other than itself.  Shares are destroyed when their associated
Corporation is destroyed. {{[Yes, it's still possible to set up a network
of Corporations such that none of them can do anything, but not by
accident.  If you do it, you get what you deserve.]}}
BUSINESS

Create a rule  numbered 1010 and entitled Corporate Equipment, delimited by
AWORD
AWORD
Corporate Equipment are nameless, tradeable entities.  They may only be
created as specified in the rules. [However a specific piece of equipment
may specify that it cannot be traded.]
Where the rules say that an Corporation may buy a Equipment of a certain type,
what is meant is that the Corporation may, as an action, contribute an
amount of currency to the Treasury in exchange for a new Equipment of the type
specified, which is then created in that Corporation possession.
AWORD

Create a rule numbered 1021 and entitled Political Parties reading as folows:
"Political Parties are unownable, named entities.  Any Player may form a
new Political Party by announcing its name publicly and paying six times
the standard Harfer Fee. (Its name must be a legal name.) When this
happens, that Player becomes its only member.

A political party may not own anything.  [You can always create a
corrosponding Corporation to own things if need be.] No player may be a
member of more than one political party, and any action they attempt which
would cause this to be the case automatically fails.

A political party is disbanded if it ever has no members.  A player
requests membership in a political party as a public action.  The Political
Party may admit that player as a public action.  A political party can
eject any player as a public action, which the player being ejected may not
denounce.  A player may leave a Political Party at any time as a public
action.  They may not be prevented from leaving a Party, nor may they be
caused to join a Political Party unless they request entrance.

An Political Party can attempt actions.  First, some member of the
Political Party sends a public message suggesting an action for the
Political Party to take. The suggestion must include the name of the
Political Party for which it is being suggested. The other members of the
Political Party may then approve of the suggestion or denounce it. If any
member denounces the suggestion, it is voided.

If, after a suggestion is made, all non-vacationing, non-gaoled members of
the Political Party approve it within seven days,and no member denounces
it, then the Political Party attempts the action as suggested. The time of
this attempt is the time of the last approval.

If seven days pass after a suggestion is made, then the Political Party
shall make the attempt, as suggested, if and only if no member of that
Political Party denounced the suggestion, and at least two thirds of the
Political Party members approved it within the seven-day period.

A member of an Political Party may proxy their approval to that Political
Party. A player whose approval is proxied to an Political Party may
renounce their proxy to that Political Party. Whenever an action is
suggested by a member of that Political Party, all members of that
Political Party whose approval is proxied automatically approve of the
action at the time it is suggested.

At the end of a proposal's voting period, but before votes on that proposal
are counted, if every active non-vacationing player member of a given
Political Party voted the same way on that proposal, and no member of the
Party is also a member of some other Party, then the Political Party itself
shall cast an additional vote of that type on that proposal for every three
active non-vacationing player members it has.

A Political Party may change its name as an action by specifying a new
legal name and paying the standard harfer fee.  It may not perform this
action if it does not own at least the standard harfer fee.

Party membership and how players voted are determined based on the facts in
force at the end of the voting period for each proposal."

Replace section 1 of rule 1301 with this: "Churches are unownable, named
entities.  Churches may own gift entities and land, but nothing else."

Remove sections 8, 9 and 10 of rule 1301.

Add the folowing to the end of rule 1301: "

8a. If a Church ever has no Priests (counting the Founder as a priest), or
(Heaven Forbid!) fewer than zero Priests, or fewer than four members, then
it becomes a Cult.

8b. A Cult is a type of Church.

8c. A Cult, unlike other Churches, may not give or recieve any entities,
although it continues to own those it did before it was a Cult.

8d. Any Priest who leaves a Church or Cult cease to a Priest of that Church
or Cult. A Priest who is no longer a Priest of any Church ceases to be a
Priest.

8e. A player who joins a Cult and was previously a Priest or a Founder of
the Church that was transformed into that Cult, becomes a Priest of that
Cult.

8f. If a Cult has at least four members, at least one of which is a Priest
of that Cult, it ceases to be a Cult.

9. A Church may change its name as an action by specifying a new legal name
and paying the standard harfer fee.  It may not perform this action if it
does not own at least the standard harfer fee."

Create a new rule  numbered 433 and entitled "Organization Harfer" reading
as follows:
"
The Office Organization Harfer is a Functional Office.

The Duties of the Organization Harfer are:

a) To maintain an accurate record of what Churches, and Political Parties
exist, and who their members are, if applicable.

b) To maintain an accurate record of charters, dogma, and suggested actions
for which a final decision has not been reached.

The Privileges of the Organization Harfer are:

a) To receive the usual salary for a Functional Officer.
"

Create a rule numbered 1025, reading as delimited by ROUNDABOUT:
ROUNDABOUT
	Secret Lab Vouchers are non-tradeable, nameless entities.  They may
only be created as specified by this rule.
	When this rule is created, a hearing will be called with else...if
as Hearing Harfer.  The legal responses will be "Build up an ivory tower,
gadgets are for scientists only" and "Down with change!"  If the result is
the former, any entity owning a Secret Lab Voucher will be given A$500 from
the treasury and rule 1026 will be repealed.  If the result is the latter,
then a Secret Lab will be created in the posession of each entity owning a
Secret Lab Voucher, and rule 1026 will be renumbered to rule 1013.
Regardless of the result, after it is returned and the preceding
instructions are carried out, all Secret Lab Vouchers will be destroyed,
and this rule will repeal itself.
ROUNDABOUT

Create a rule numbered 1026 and named "Secret Labs", reading as delimited
by ENOUGHALREADY
ENOUGHALREADY
A Secret Laboratory is a type of Corporate Equipment. A Corporation may buy
a Secret Laboratory for A$ 1000.

An Corporation may, as an action, use any Secret Laboratory it owns to
build a Gadget from any existing Qualified Blueprint. This new Gadget is
created in the Corporation possession three days after this action is
announced. Each Secret Laboratory may be used to build a gadget at most
once each calendar month.

[Secret Laboratories are said to be buried deep underground.]
ENOUGHALREADY

{{For each organization currently in existance other than the Mad Hatters,
perform the following steps.  The steps shouls be followed for each
organization starting with the first one alphabetically, and proceeding in
alphabetical order.  If any step below transfers a property to an entity
which may not own it, than the property is transferred to the treasury if
that is legal, or destroyed otherwise; this sentence takes precedence over
the steps below.
	1) If it is a Church, destroy any organizational powers it owns,
then transfer all properties to the founder, or to the senior priest if the
founder is not a member of the Church.  Ignore the rest of the steps.
	2) Destroy anything whose name is the same as the name of the
organization with either " Party" or " Inc." appended.
	3) If it owns a big tent, create a new political party with the
same name but with " Party" appended, make all players who were members of
the old organization members of the new one.  The swinger for the
organization becomes the swinger for the created Political Party.  All
properties of the swinger office for the organization, such as Party Chess
Pieces, and anything else owned by the organization's swinger position, are
transfered to the Political Party's swinger office.
	4) If it owns a big tent but not a trade license, transfer
everything owned by it to the party swinger.  [Who is expected to
distribute among the members fairly.]  Then destroy the big tent and the
organization.
	5) Destroy any big tents it owns.
	6) If it owns a trade license, create a Corporation with the same
name except with " Inc." appended.  Transfer everything owned by the
organization to the Corporation.  The Corporation will recieve 100-x shares
in itself, where x is the largest number smaller than 100 which is evenly
divisible by the number of members of the organization.  Each member of the
organization will recieve x divided by the number of members shares in the
corporation.  Destroy the trade license and the organization.
	7) Otherwise transfer everything the organization owns to the
member who has been a member the longest
	8) Destroy the organization.}}

{{Destroy MHI.  Create a Corporation known as MHI, with one hundred shares
in its own posession and no other shares.  Transfer everythin owned by the
Mad Hatters to MHI.}}

Amend Rule 675, Mercury Poisoning, to read as delimited by INSANE
INSANE
	The Mad Hatters is a Corporation with one hundred shares. Beep,
Blip and Bonk are three unownable, named entities. One of the Mad Hatters'
shares is owned by itself.  Beep, Blip and Bonk each own 33 shares in the
Mad Hatters.  If the ownership of the Mad Hatters' shares should ever
differ from that specified in this rule, than all shares in the Mad Hatters
will be destroyed, and the appropriates shares will be created in the
possession of the appropriate entities. Beep, Blip and Bonk may express eir
consent in the Public Forum by a message from the Illuminatus which
indicates the consent of Beep, Blip and/or Bonk.

The Mad Hatters automatically approve any trade that satisfies one or more
of the following forms, provided that the trade is possible:
1) A player trades a Visible Agenda Hat to the Mad Hatters in exchange for
A$1.
2) A player trades A$10 to the Mad Hatters in exchange for a Visible Agenda
Hat, and the player involved in the trade was not the last player to trade
this particular Agenda Hat to the Mad Hatters.

If the Mad Hatters have been in possession of a given Visible Agenda Hat
for more than 7 days, and a player points this fact out, then that Visible
Agenda Hat is destroyed.
INSANE
{{Transfer all entities from MHI to the Mad Hatters.}}

{{Give any entity which owns a Secret Lab a Secret Lab Voucher.  Destroy
all Secret Labs.  Destroy all trade licenses.  Give any entity which owns a
More Than Human A$100.  Destroy all More Than Humans.}}

{{Repeal rules 1003, 1005, 1006, 1007, 1008, 1009, 1011, 1013, and 1015.}}
{{[The rest just replaces occurances of the word organization throughout
the rules with a more appropriate term.]}}

Amend the last paragraph of 373 to read as follows: "If the rules specify
that a certain course of play is available to a player or other entity, but
do not specify how that course of play is to be taken, then that course of
play is a public action, and it is taken as described above."

Amend section VI of rule 505 to read as follows: "The Total Wealth of a
Player, Undead, Church, or Corporation is defined as the sum of the total
number of A$ it possesses plus the combined values of all trinkets and
Majiks in its possession. "

Amend the first paragraph of rule 510 to read as follows: "No Player,
Undead, Church, or Corporation may use more A$'s to buy, trade, give or in
any way move out of his account, than there are in his/her account at that
moment in time. In other words, a player may never voluntarily go into
debt, but it is possible that a player may go into debt involuntarily."

Amend the second to last paragraph of rule 515 to read as follows: "A
Player, Church, or Corporation who owns a gift entity may transfer that
entity to another Player, Church, or Corporation as a public action"

Replace the word organization in the rules 517 and 666 with Corporation.

Replace the word organization in rule 710 with "Church or Political Party"

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #278
*********************************